• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ah, I wasn't lucky enough to pull beach Pandora. :/

Unless I land Castor, I'll probably have to stick with a middle-class version of that team for skill bind immunity: Pandora/Haku/Perse/Chester

Either way, it's looking more and more reasonable to change my D/D Byakko into Awoken Haku. Devils have fallen out of favor and I can probably get by with 9 dark rows instead of 11 dark rows on my Pandora team. Good thing I picked up a Dark Xuanzang yesterday.

Good thing Ultimate Arena is permanently available. Have no idea when I'll even attempt it. I still haven't even attempted Yamato Rush which is a cakewalk in comparison. Though admittedly I've just been too busy and lazy to theory-craft a custom team for it. I know the RAaster is supposedly the most consistent team for UA, but after having finally watched a run with that team, you still need crazy luck/skill to clear it. And I lack a second DKali for the most consistent version of the team. Is that gimmick Awilda team with the 150K MP monster supposed to be any more consistent for UA, if one doesn't care about runs taking hours to clear?

I read that Odin Dragon is capable of clearing UA in challenge mode. I haven't actually seen what the team comp for it is, but you'd think any team capable of a challenge mode clear should do even better on normal runs.

Rixa

Now I need 1 Tamadra more (actually around 50 or so) and skill up dungeon.
Screenshot_2015-10-29-08-49-49.png
Screenshot_2015-10-29-08-50-05.png
Screenshot_2015-10-29-08-50-53.png

Edit:

Gungho said:
Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Pal Egg Machine Renewal*
[Starting]: 10/30 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PDT)

As of 10/30 (Fri), the Pal Egg Machine is being renewed!

The Pal Egg Machine will now permanently rotate lineups from the Evo Carnival and Enhance Carnival, offering specially-selected monsters for 500 Pal Points each!

The Pal Egg Machine will also rotate often, so be sure to check in-game which bonus is active! The renewed Pal Egg Machine will feature the Evo Carnival for its first week:

10/30 - 11/5 - Evo Carnival

Note: Due to the increased cost of pulls at this machine, the number of pulls accessible to the player will now shift accordingly. For instance, players with the maximum amount of Pal Points will now show 40 total available pulls instead of 99+.

^^^ I wish they would also allow us to bank a lot more pal points. Hate having to "waste" pulls on a weak PEM event when I'm maxed out.

Well after talking about not having attempted Yamato Rush yet, I 1-stoned it with the following team. Died to Goemon because I didn't heal enough after his preemptive. But Zeus allowed me to get him below 50% for a turn 2 kill. Done with that dungeon unless a more consistent team can be made.

Team was fully hypermaxed.

pdSRLSr.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didnt know DMeta already got the HP Buff in our version - near 40k HP already.

quickmemo_2015-10-29-l7z8h.png

Not bad considering HSonia and Pandora arent high lvl yet. That team already hits harder than expected - need to skill Pers and Pandora until the DMeta update and this should be a fun squad.

NA ults are out for Nut, Ame, and Osiris.

Arena is out too apparently.

Never going to attempt that one.
Yeah i wont be bothering with Arena before next year i think - the fact that it also costs 99 stamina is a buzz kill. The first run should be free lol.
Now I need 1 Tamadra more (actually around 50 or so) and skill up dungeon.

Edit:
Nice - Uevolved mine as well. Good that we are getting Tamadra Retreat tomorrow so i can get her Awoken skills.

Now we only need Water Carnival so we can skill her - 4 turn orb change is amazing, my Sara is waiting.

Rixa

Nice - Uevolved mine as well. Good that we are getting Tamadra Retreat tomorrow so i can get her Awoken skills.

Now we only need Water Carnival so we can skill her - 4 turn orb change is amazing, my Sara is waiting.

My fear is that the timing is so wrong for Tama Retreat :(.

cw_sasuke

My fear is that the timing is so wrong for Tama Retreat :(.

Heh yeah forgot about that - for us EU gamers the times are quite bad most of the time. I hope i can get at lest 3-4 runs in only to get enough for Nut.

Rixa

Heh yeah forgot about that - for us EU gamers the times are quite bad most of the time. I hope i can get at lest 3-4 runs in only to get enough for Nut.

Well if its decent time, going to burn some stones to it. Last time when I did TR I did evolve most of B-Tamas.

Afterwards thinking it wasnt so smart move. Getting Dub-Topalits is pain in the ass. It was easier to get Dub-Mythlits than Top ones. Used so much stamina for just few lousy Dub-Topalits, never again.

Better just to feed those Baby Tamas and bite bullet. Also 2.5x skillup rate is only a legend :p. Feed 9 Gold Pirates to Fuma and got 1 skillup.

cw_sasuke

If your rocking Dmeta please add me, i severely lack Dmeta Friends

I won't be using her anytime soon of at all... I will give her a shot once we get her latest buff but probably won't have her up all too often.

Anyway I'm pretty sure we are already friends... But I'll check again.
Well if its decent time, going to burn some stones to it. Last time when I did TR I did evolve most of B-Tamas.

Afterwards thinking it wasnt so smart move. Getting Dub-Topalits is pain in the ass. It was easier to get Dub-Mythlits than Top ones. Used so much stamina for just few lousy Dub-Topalits, never again.

Better just to feed those Baby Tamas and bite bullet. Also 2.5x skillup rate is only a legend :p. Feed 9 Gold Pirates to Fuma and got 1 skillup.
Yeah did it once and never again, evolving Tamas is too much work u less you are someone with +1000 box space a bunch of evo material copies avaliable all the time.

Just feeding Babys and finish a unit off with Tamadra once 2-3 Awakenings are left.

bjork

I just need one dub-mythlit and I can make that Nut happen. Guess I'm waiting til tomorrow, but that's ok. I need a bunch of red dublits too.

Rixa

This is my f2p EU alt account. Iam doing some experimentals there (pulling outside of GF, LZL is pulled that way). Now I decide to make one pull in HRem and got Baal.
Since I didnt know what kind of unit Baal is, went to check from padx comments.

On padx I noticed this comment:
By ¡Crusty¿#21548 3 months ago ( 7.8.1 )
Ive seen alot of hate for this guy and It's clearly because Baal's not super-duper viable, but if we take a look at a team comp we can see just what he can do right now. Keep in mind these are stats for a team thats fully awoken containing all +297 monsters:

Now looking at how Amenouzume is being used, we can go right ahead and assume we're using a Light row enhance team.

In this team I believe that along with Baal we'd take
D/L Venus
Ars Nova (off colour but thats fine)
Gryps Rider
D/L Lilith or L/D Divinegon for that extra punch
Baal friend leader

With the Baal/Venus/Ars Nova//Lilith/Gryps Rider/Ball combo, we have a pretty good 32, 326 HP & 4030 RCV. But the part that drove me nuts was the absolutely beastly 206, 712 ATK . That's ~30-40k ATK more than your average Amenouzume team. Given this team has less rows (6) than a good row enhance team but that's ok. If you switch out Lilith for that L/D Divinegon I mentioned before you actually get more HP and more ATK (this time coming from L as a main Att.) and 2 more Light rows!

Then I checked what I do have:
So what would be suitable team of my units around Baal (Chibi Tsuku & Lilith from HRem event)? Dunno if I have Baal friends and I might go LZL when updates hit. Just want to test different things with this account, of course those units need levels & evos.

Edit: It sees that noone runs Baal at EU pad. So I guess I need to forgot this built.

Ducarmel

This is my f2p EU alt account. Iam doing some experimentals there (pulling outside of GF, LZL is pulled that way). Now I decide to make one pull in HRem and got Baal.
Since I didnt know what kind of unit Baal is, went to check from padx comments.

On padx I noticed this comment:

Then I checked what I do have:

So what would be suitable team of my units around Baal (Chibi Tsuku & Lilith from HRem event)? Dunno if I have Baal friends and I might go LZL when updates hit. Just want to test different things with this account, of course those units need levels & evos.

Edit: It sees that noone runs Baal at EU pad. So I guess I need to forgot this built.
Yeah with today's meta Baal is not enough. The team you got is designed well enough to take on classic pad dungeon structure. It will definitely take you into mid game content. But once you start getting into the newer game play mechanics, like binds, poison, blocks, skill bind, this team falls apart. Also his only good full board changer is Ilm and if you got Ilm why even run Baal use ilm as a leader.

Yeah with today's meta Baal is not enough. The team you got is designed well enough to take on classic pad dungeon structure. It will definitely take you into mid game content. But once you start getting into the newer game play mechanics, like binds, poison, blocks, skill bind, this team falls apart. Also his only good full board changer is Ilm and if you got Ilm why even run Baal use ilm as a leader.
34k hp, 4k rcv is also not that great for a full hypermax team. And unless you have a special attachment to those team members, those aren't the ones I'd spend +eggs on anyhow.

Krishna is insane in a tricolor dungeon. That's over 17 million damage against Red Bowl Dragon. Even Phoenix Knight Homura hit for over 2 million.
Yeah, Krishna's awesome. I went over 34M total damage with my underleveled team in 7x6 Endless.

I've only got one skill up left on Tsubaki, which means I have to make the age old decision: do I continue farming for trifruits or just say screw it and feed her a flampy.

I'm leaning towards the latter since this is usually when the "trifruit" dungeon turns into the "bifruit" dungeon and the skill up rate goes down to zero.

Speaking g of skill up woes, my poor Zuoh didn't get a single skill up this month. He's effectively my replacement for devil Haku if I ever need one, but I guess it's gonna be awhile before he's max skilled.

I've also just realized that I've fallen way behind on awakening my new monsters. I need about 30 right now. Hopefully tomorrow's tamadra time gives me a chance to farm it.

razterik

Didn't run Shadow Sprite when it was in coin dungeons a bit ago? The carnivals are pretty bad for the last floor drop since chances are good that you only need one of them and chaser drops are mostly useless now. Basically double stamina cost over the regular surveys.

hermit7

I've only got one skill up left on Tsubaki, which means I have to make the age old decision: do I continue farming for trifruits or just say screw it and feed her a flampy.

I'm leaning towards the latter since this is usually when the "trifruit" dungeon turns into the "bifruit" dungeon and the skill up rate goes down to zero.

Speaking g of skill up woes, my poor Zuoh didn't get a single skill up this month. He's effectively my replacement for devil Haku if I ever need one, but I guess it's gonna be awhile before he's max skilled.

I've also just realized that I've fallen way behind on awakening my new monsters. I need about 30 right now. Hopefully tomorrow's tamadra time gives me a chance to farm it.

This skill up event has been pretty poor for me as well. I was lucky enough to get the final skill on set after one dropped, but that is about it. I have a bunch of fruits that I am saving for urd which I need one skill up and then beach urd which I need all for and verd as well.

I am trying to decide if I want to use piis on Pandora. I really.dont want to level and evolve monsters for a chance at skill ups, that seems about as soul rushing as it gets, but I have other creatures that need them like yomi and Haku who I plan on awakening so it is a tough decision.

razterik

Gimmie gimmie gimmie! Want plus eggs badly.

Zodiac series with appropriate colored Marionette to cover missing color resist and burst feels like something worthwhile. Hmm.

razterik

At base drop rates, Sowilo is about 5.3 plus eggs per run or about 9.4 stamina per plus egg. It can drop as few as three eggs, though.

It really shines when on 2x drop rates through coin dungeons, giving roughly 6.5 eggs per run. I'm doubtful that we will be so lucky as to have that option available given how badly NA is dragging their feet in that area.

Not sure I'm going to have my second Goemon max skilled in time if this comes soon. Been slacking on red jewels. Maybe time to farm coin God Rush a bit.

yes Yes YES!

I hope it comes along with 10x MP sell rates too. Would free up space for the actual +eggs.

Heck, "bifruit" would be an improvement for me. I just keep stacking the green ones.

KGDF230.jpg

Can't sell or feed them away because I know once I do, I'll pull some green monster that takes 40+ of them to max skill.

razterik

Is there difference in +eggs drop rates between Legend / Mythical difficulty?

Yeah, most floors have a reduced drop rate on legend vs mythical which means less plus eggs overall. If we had 2x coin dungeon drops, then the Legend version of some dungeons like Sowilo or Guan Yinping would still have respectable rates. I'm not familiar with their 10x rates outside that however because my JP account can handle all mythical content.

Quantum

Didn't run Shadow Sprite when it was in coin dungeons a bit ago? The carnivals are pretty bad for the last floor drop since chances are good that you only need one of them and chaser drops are mostly useless now. Basically double stamina cost over the regular surveys.

I didn't - was working on completing the S.Dragon team - I don't have much to concentrate on right now so was going to work on summer pandora. I have a max skilled, ult pand already, but figured - why not.

I end up spending next to nothing in this game when I have a team I need to skill up because I generally concentrate on that before pulling for an additional team. I have a real problem with spending actual money on shitty skill up drops/rates - so - while I'm not against spending money, I haven't for awhile.

- two custom rem's in a row I have no interest in - I think I put 3 packs into the summer REM, plan 0 packs in the halloween and 0 packs in FF. (I really like FF, but the cards look mediocre at this point.)

I think I'll work on ame as a S.Dragon sub, back to farming flampys.

Rixa

Yeah, most floors have a reduced drop rate on legend vs mythical which means less plus eggs overall. If we had 2x coin dungeon drops, then the Legend version of some dungeons like Sowilo or Guan Yinping would still have respectable rates. I'm not familiar with their 10x rates outside that however because my JP account can handle all mythical content.

Yeah, not sure I can handle Mythicals that come in. Some I do, most I wont.

Yes! Need to decide if I want to finish Shiva or max out Bastet team. Probably lean towards Bastet because of her higher damage base.

What is the rate/egg for 10x assuming you're running Sowilo
Without any drop rate boosts I typically get 6 eggs per run with some variation between 5-6 typically. On 1.5x 6 is very common and 7 happens occasionally, while on 2x 6-7 is common and rarely you get to live ~the dream~ and get 8 +eggs.

Deus Ex Machina on a drop rate boost might also be nice since it has very good rank exp / stam rates, but the dungeon is really difficult, even harder than Z8 according to some players who are not me.

Yeah, not sure I can handle Mythicals that come in. Some I do, most I wont.
Hera-Sowilo is among the easier mystical descendeds so you might be able to pull it off, but consistency is important due to the high stamina cost so if you struggle might not be worth it.

hermit7

It sucks that the only place to skill Ame aside from pii right now is angry birds.

I doubt we will see that dungeon again. I must have skilled Ame up long ago because when her bind immune card debuted in Japan I was surprised to see her maxed out already.

I am a little disappointed that we haven't seen Hathor or Nepthys uevo yet despite the fact that we already have gotten nut, and Osiris. Maybe they will show up on the stream in a few days.

cw_sasuke

DMeta clearing Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHLtKHK2WZU

I was going to farm Dark Carnival for Pandora skillups.-..but you are right - doesnt make sense if thats the only skill up i need from that stage, will end up using at least twice as much stamina.Just hoping that Shadow Sprite will be back before DMeta gets her buff.

Do you know how high the final floor drop rate is during 2x on INT ? For 20 stamina it might be worth a shot even if you dont need the Chasers.

Ducarmel

razterik is probably pretty impressed at that arena clear

I am a little disappointed that we haven't seen Hathor or Nepthys uevo yet despite the fact that we already have gotten nut, and Osiris. Maybe they will show up on the stream in a few days.

I don't think its just a coincidence Norse and Egyptian 2 are the upcoming godfest in JP.

Awoken Loki and rest of Egyptian 2 uevo is inevitable.

Dandte

Managed to beat Hades and the first turn of Hyperion Lava Flow, decided to farm it for the 4k+ exp...got wrecked multiple times and now i'm back in Nameless Soldiers' Souls.

smbu2000

Have done much plus farming the second half of the Halloween event (no 10x descends this half), but yeah, this is what I've done on my DLKali so far. Definite lack of ATK drops for me...
Hopefully 10x descends come back soon, so I can finish her off.

I cleared all of the descend challenges and it wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be. Devil Rush/God Rush took them out with my Kite team with no problems. Hera rush, I did with my Ra team. With the dark damage reduction latent awakenings on my Ra/LKali #1/friend Ra I was able to survive Hera's preemptive without having to use a dedicated damage reducing sub, heh.

Max skilled my LMeta again with Chasers from the PAL REM. Now at only 5 turns she is even better.

Max skilled the Sun Quan on my iPad thanks to the water dungeon carnival in the coin dungeon.

DMeta's boost looks pretty interesting. The DMeta on my iPad was hyper (need to skill her up again as she is down to 5 turns now) and I have some better subs compared to my DMeta team from before. 2x max skilled Satsukis, max skilled Pandora. I think I might change my hyper D/D Haku to A.Haku now. Haven't been using my Devil teams lately and A.Haku would be useful on a variety of teams.

bjork

Got a Tiamat I can do an ultimate evolution on. Is it better to go with a dark/dark, or one of the other dark/X combinations? The dark/dark has an attack multiplier, but the other ones have attack and hp bonuses for the sub type.

Jagernaut

11951341_1161091713919419_4558918674813019594_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Rare Egg Machine Update*
[Duration]: 10/30 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PDT) – 11/5 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

The Midnight Gala has arrived at the Rare Egg Machine! If you’re looking to shroud the world in darkness, look no further!

Featured 5★ hellions will arrive at level 30!

The following Monsters have an increased chance to appear at the Rare Egg Machine this week:

5★
2272 Akechi Mitsuhide
2194 Evil Eye CyberBeast, Kakkab
2189 Destroying CyberDragon, Diadem
2101 Cerberus Rider
1898 Shadow Dragon Knight
1885 Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander
1834 Dark Angel, Lumiel
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia
1667 Nephthys
1657 Evil Knight, Creus
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1421 Thorn Princess, Sleeping Beauty
1357 Cursed Dragon
1338 Durga
1239 Lu Bu
1129 Dragon Shogun
1073 Pandora
807 Okuninushi
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer
628 Archangel Lucifer
575 Persephone
563 Hattori Hanzo
498 Anubis
427 Dark Courier, Kurone
386 Gryps Rider
376 Loki
361 Thanatos, the Dark Elemental
244 Vritra
140 Yomi
130 Hades

*While other monsters are still available, only these Dark Attribute monsters are featured with increased chances and levels.
Timeline Photos · 5 hours ago ·

So only 5 stars get the Gala boost now?

Zero_IYAD

12191885_1161554523873138_5304562420909932974_n.png

*FINAL FANTASY Collab*
[Duration]: 11/2 (Mon), 12:00 AM - 11/15 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
The role-playing game series that inspired a generation makes its debut in the North American version of Puzzle & Dragons!
The FINAL FANTASY Collab is available in five difficulties, from Intermediate to Mythical, where players can encounter some of the series’ most dangerous and recognizable enemies in the ominous “Netherworld”.
Drive back their evil with their beloved counterparts, such as Cloud, Squall, and Zidane. Eleven heroes are available to obtain from the Final Fantasy Egg Machine. Their signature weapons are also available as rare dungeon drops, allowing you to skill-up your cards and provide easier access to their abilities.
For more details on the characters and the collab, see here: http://on.fb.me/1PXMg3x
The full lineup of the FINAL FANTASY Egg Machine can be viewed below:
★6
2043 Yuna
2031 Sephiroth
2029 Cloud
★5
2041 Tidus
2037 Zidane
2035 Rinoa
2033 Squall
★4
2049 Wol
2047 Aemo
2045 Ace
2039 Vivi
© 2015 Square Enix Co., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

razterik

He's used on the promotion banner in the FF Portal app, but not mentioned or highlighted anywhere else that I have seen.

Outlook isn't good so far.

Top Bottom