• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I can blitz my way through decently high def enemies with 2 Horus' and their 16x-18x combos, or use an Odin friend with my Horus to soak up single high damage attacks from bosses every once in a while.

Now I'm faced with monsters (Hera in Queen of the Gods, 2x Carbuncles in various other Dungeons) that do 10k+ damage every turn and it's too much to cheese or rely on health orbs. Stalling to reduce defense via my light mech golem doesn't help either. How do I get over the hump or what mechanics are supposed to get me over this hump?

You can probably ignore Normal dungeon progression for now, unoptimized Horus doesn't fare too well against bosses like that Hera that have enough HP to tank your bursts and deal damage constantly like that. Other (farmable) leaders will be able to breeze through it later on.

You might even be able to tackle a few of the basic descendeds now, actually. Hera, Two Heroes, and Goemon are among the easiest ones.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tama Retreat...4am...i knew it lol.

Looks like Three Kingdoms, Egyptian GF is incoming.

Rixa

Tama Retreat...4am...i knew it lol.
I have it 5am, not going to do it, unless I wake up for unknown reason.
Padx informs that tomorrow is God Fest:
Three Kingdoms, Egyptian are descending upon the REM with triple chance to drop.
Note: Day 1 No Odins, No Kalis
I could use 1 Skuld or some other nice units in day 1. As usual not expecting to get anything that I wish.

bjork

I wish there were a floor of nothing but dub-rubylits in the friday dungeons. Game always wants to give me yellow and blue ones every time.

I'm more interested in Egypt2, that TripleDong Set is quite alluring (*´~`*) (especially since i have a Kenshiro and UltSet seems really good on that future team)

No Kalis on day1 is a bummer though :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm more interested in Egypt2, that TripleDong Set is quite alluring (*´~`*) (especially since i have a Kenshiro and UltSet seems really good on that future team)

No Kalis on day1 is a bummer though :(
Same... It feels like Kalis are always absent on the better Pantheon days.... Kinda sucks.

J0dy77

Did anyone else lose PAL points this morning? I logged in and had 50 less PAL pulls. Or is that just because of the event going on and the cost?

Edit: yup, nm. I see how they're doing it. Another PEM event to skip.

Rixa

I always get red and yellow. Never greens.

I sometimes get dark ones, but mainly from the final round when I want the rainbow one, heh.
Get some Baby Tamadras to inventory and you rarely see Dub-Topalits to drop.

Same... It feels like Kalis are always absent on the better Pantheon days.... Kinda sucks.
Btw. Do you happen to have Lakshmi / A.Lakshmi?

Cause I do have Lakshmi (Iam 2 jewels short of uevoing it), then I have Gabriel & Nut, rest of subs could be Muse (x2) / Abyssal CD Salamelik / Ruka / Chibi Isis / Snow White / Wds / Berry Dragon / "Fish" or something.

Just planning team around Nut / A.Lakshmi.

Jagernaut

I have Awoken Lakshmi and this is my team so far. I just max skilled Amberjack today and everyone is max skilled but Gabriel. I would replace Hatsume with Andromeda if I had her. I could use Hermes but I would have to pop both Lakshmi's to get 25x.

rRUPLtu.jpg

Rixa

I have Awoken Lakshmi and this is my team so far. I just max skilled Amberjack today and everyone is max skilled but Gabriel. I would replace Hatsume with Andromeda if I had her. I could use Hermes but I would have to pop both Lakshmi's to get 25x.

Thats really nice. My water units need stil lso many evolutions & exp that it wll take a long time before I have level maxed team and enough Awokens opened.

LuffyZoro

Did anyone else lose PAL points this morning? I logged in and had 50 less PAL pulls. Or is that just because of the event going on and the cost?

Edit: yup, nm. I see how they're doing it. Another PEM event to skip.

From the way it was worded, I think this might be a permanent change, not a temporary event.

Ducarmel

No hype for Ra Dragon announcement on EU side? NA should come soon!

I would buy him instantly if I had at least 1 D Kali. I have Isis, Dark Izanami, and free Chocobo coming.

Crosses fingers for Santa D.Kali in MP shop/Christmas REM in December.

hermit7

Any idea if we are ever going to get the evos from the evangelion collab? It was released in Japan like 3 months ago.

Unless theyre waiting for the collab to come back.

Just evolved my dude to get Chaotic Flying General, Lu Bu

This guy is a boss.

EDIT: So it's wise to skip this god fest? I'm rank 95 on my phone, 83 on my tablet. I could use more powerful pulls, but I don't exactly have the team cost to actually use most.

Hell, on my phone I can evo White Beast Demon, Ilm into Tome-Creating White Phantom Demon, Ilm but the latter costs 60 and I'm not even close to being able to utilize that + anyone else of quality.

Just evolved my dude to get Chaotic Flying General, Lu Bu

This guy is a boss.

EDIT: So it's wise to skip this god fest? I'm rank 95 on my phone, 83 on my tablet. I could use more powerful pulls, but I don't exactly have the team cost to actually use most.

Hell, on my phone I can evo White Beast Demon, Ilm into Tome-Creating White Phantom Demon, Ilm but the latter costs 60 and I'm not even close to being able to utilize that + anyone else of quality.

It depends on what you need, but it's probably best to wait for Player's choice godfest, which should be at the end of November.

kswiston

So the pal point change sort of makes points from friends (other than best friends) useless. 50 friend uses to get 1 pull? That's going to mean less than 2 extra pulls a week for me, and I get up to 10 uses a day.

Also, the 2000 point bonus from Challenge dungeons is now a measly 4 pulls. It's nice that we are now getting 2 pulls a day from the log in bonus I guess. Is the point cap still 20 000?

I really want to roll for heroes but I have a feeling something special is coming for Christmas.

I have about 30 stones, but the Final Fantasy fan in me is waiting for Monday to use them.

Rixa

So the pal point change sort of makes points from friends (other than best friends) useless. 50 friend uses to get 1 pull? That's going to mean less than 2 extra pulls a week for me, and I get up to 10 uses a day.

Also, the 2000 point bonus from Challenge dungeons is now a measly 4 pulls. It's nice that we are now getting 2 pulls a day from the log in bonus I guess. Is the point cap still 20 000

I rather keep this way than those crappy 200 pal pts that sometimes gave one B-Tama. This switch will save a lot of stamina, cause now you can get stuff that:

a) Are too hard to get
B) Cost 50 STA or more (wrong colour tri-fruits / masks).
c) You get easy exp if exp Dragons are at bad time

Awesome tune.

kswiston

I rather keep this way than those crappy 200 pal pts that sometimes gave one B-Tama. This switch will save a lot of stamina, cause now you can get stuff that:

a) Are too hard to get
B) Cost 50 STA or more (wrong colour tri-fruits / masks).

Awesome tune.

From past events like this, most of the evo drops are shitty masks and keepers. I will probably just wait to pull every other week when they are doing the kings/super kings unless I am desperate for mats. If they don't pollute the enhance material pulls with regular and high metal dragons, it will be pretty awesome. Nothing worse than running a super king dungeon and getting 4 highs and a king for 50 stam.

I guess it depends on what rank you are though. lower level players will get a lot of use out of the the evo carnival.

Rixa

From past events like this, most of the evo drops are shitty masks and keepers. I will probably just wait to pull every other week when they are doing the kings/super kings unless I am desperate for mats. If they don't pollute the enhance material pulls with regular and high metal dragons, it will be pretty awesome. Nothing worse than running a super king dungeon and getting 4 highs and a king for 50 stam.

I guess it depends on what rank you are though. lower level players will get a lot of use out of the the evo carnival.

Yeah, I can only clear wednesday Legend mask dungeon of those daily dungeons. That 500 pts exp event last time was great, as you said hopefully they wont add high Dragons to it.

razterik

You shouldn't have to worry. Pretty sure the 500 pt enhance pulls are kings and above in JP.

Will kind of miss the occasional plus egg or skill up drop, but overall this is a good change. Now if they'd strip out the super low cost evo mats and increase pull capacity to 99 again, it'd be great.

linsivvi

Also, the 2000 point bonus from Challenge dungeons is now a measly 4 pulls. It's nice that we are now getting 2 pulls a day from the log in bonus I guess. Is the point cap still 20 000?them.

2 best friends = 400 points per day (100 each when you use them or when they use you)
4 best friends = 800 points.
6 best friends = 1200 points.

You will get more best friends each time they do a reset.

bjork

I had a best friend and his echidna helped me clear early stuff, then he changed to some character I don't remember and quit logging in. He was over rank 100 so I thought he'd stick around, but after about 40ish days of his not playing, I had to cut him loose. Waste of a best friend slot, but I guess it was handy while it lasted.

Challenge Lv8 complete, Asmodeus max skilled with the reward Badpy. I wasn't actually paying attention due to Bob Ross, played it way too safe against the Lucifer boss cause I was expecting Sandalphon on the nonexistent next floor.

Quantum

I had a best friend and his echidna helped me clear early stuff, then he changed to some character I don't remember and quit logging in. He was over rank 100 so I thought he'd stick around, but after about 40ish days of his not playing, I had to cut him loose. Waste of a best friend slot, but I guess it was handy while it lasted.

I've deleted about 5 best friends - if someone (generally other than gaf) doesn't play in 2 days they are gone - I guess I wait a few days more on BF, but I still delete them - don't feel bad, just hope for a reset :)

Skillup rotation for L. Kali! Norns! Gadius! Cards that I have! YES
Haha, I feel the same way. I can clear out these green fruits and maybe finish off the final skillup for Verdandi
before starting on my 2nd and maybe 3rd :(

I finished skilling my 2nd Uriel this event so I'm looking forward to trying out a Gadius team after I skill him up too.

razterik

Not worth. Leader skills are outclassed and the main highlight of collab cards, haste, has spread into the normal REM and on better cards.

Negator

Oh crap. If Norns and Kali are both in day 2 I might have to reconsider.

I'm only missing Izanagi, Andromeda, and Perseus, but the GFE are tempting. Basically still chasing D. Kali, Urd, Sumire, Satsuki, and Kanna.

Top Bottom