• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

I really need a new top tier lead in a non-red color, ugh. I have 15 piis/15 orbs/4 snow globes in every single non-red colors and I have no box space left. But besides Kirin (when she gets her Awoken), I have no reason to build other teams since Shiva is just much better.

The upcoming godfest doesn't have any top tier leaders either, so I guess I should pass.

EDIT: With so many light piis, I might just skill Elia once I get her. People always say to save for something that can't be skilled up, but I don't think I roll enough stuff to justify this. She'll be great with my Sakuya.

Use piis on sakuya.

That's the next target for all my light ones after I am done with ammy. I haven't been able to farm an Elia yet, but I don't really mind. Main team is going to be sakuya, Lkali, hkali, Apollo, chibi valk I think. Decent damage, 2 board changers that guarantee proc and full skill bind resist. Sakuya herself provides good bind clearing as well.

Elia seems like a better use of Shypys (Shypies?) than Sakuya anyway. More useful active and the normal skill up fodder is invade only. Light jewels can be rolled from the PEM, given as rewards in ____ challenges, and sometimes given away during events.

hermit7

Yes, but by the time Awoken Sakuya is out, I'll probably have 20+ light piis. I'm not worried about skilling her up.

I really wish I had a kali.

Kali has farmable options though for her skillups.

I have one skilled up and am waiting for the next rotation this week so I can work on skilling the second this week.

If you have that many may as well just use them on Elia.

Okamid3n

Kali has farmable options though for her skillups.

Oh, I realize my post was confusing, but my desire for a kali is unrelated to my amount of piis. I'd farm the kali skill-ups. I just want a kali in general because I feel Awoken Sakuya is heavily handicapped without her.

mike23

Beat Level 10 in a Challenge Dungeon first try with Ra Dragon. First 0 stone of a level 10 ever.

73f41U9.jpg
rnYj6qy.jpg

Damage output on this team is insane. Indra is missing 2 skill levels still, otherwise everything else is max skilled. I have another max level/max skill D.Kali in my box too for anything where I don't need a shield. Ra has +105 at the moment. Indra has +2 and everything else is +0. I'm hoping for 10x descends soon. Too annoying to farm 3x normals or 5x techs.

razterik

28 runs of T&S for two skill ups on Hopdet and one Elia drop in the last ten minutes. I'm just going to pii her eventually, these rates are terrible.

Can't get a decent score in the new JP ranking dungeon so far. Not having access to a decent poison (aka Rodin) means I have to eat -5k points for active nuking the high defense floor. That's not the right way to fix the floor nuking score issue.

razterik

Run the lowest. It either drops every time or so often that it isn't worth running expert instead. Also enjoy the bonus plus eggs.

New event announced, not wasting any time. 3x normals...meh.

One-Shot Challenge, oh man, that's rough.

And Scarlet? Whoo.

Ducarmel

day 2 jp rolls Pollux and another pad z card. Seems like I get a pad z card every godfest wish i would get the other silver rem stuff.

razterik

Generally, normal REM beats collabs outside a few specific OP rolls. FF collab has none of those now. Don't pull on the hope that anything gets an ultimate.

EU got Chocobo in a daily mail. Don't know how they stuffed something so fat in there, but I guess that's one way of doing it.

This back-to-back event doesn't really feel like one to me. Almost feels like we didn't even just have an event. Went several days now with nothing to really spend my stam on, so I've just been buying coin dungeons to spend my excess stam while collecting some clear stones. And no 10x descends? Grrrr

seady

This back-to-back event doesn't really feel like one to me. Almost feels like we didn't even just have an event. Went several days now with nothing to really spend my stam on, so I've just been buying coin dungeons to spend my excess stam while collecting some clear stones. And no 10x descends? Grrrr

Same here. For Japanese account I always feel like I don't have enough stamina, but for US account I need to find things to use my stamina.

...maybe it has to do with my better rolls in the Japanese account - which makes me repeat stages to get skill up.

razterik

Even JP is in a lull right now for me. I spend half each event waiting for the next set of Challenge dungeons or for 10x to return. Nothing else really to actively spend stamina on.

It hurts JP a lot that they stripped out all the Alt coin dungeons. There's no way I want to go back to wasting stamina in normal dungeons without a crazy bonus.

Rixa

EU got Chocobo in a daily mail. Don't know how they stuffed something so fat in there, but I guess that's one way of doing it.

Is this Fat Chocobo good card?
Seems to have some use when evolved, 5k HP at max level

Alt did run FF Collab dungeon once (without sounds tho) on Expert level. Already got 2 Gold eggs from there. Sadly they seem to be quite bad cards (heh what a surprise...)
^^
Any niche use to those or better to sell for MP?
I might keep Neo, otherone is going to be sold.

jiggle

Main:
Gadius(!!!! Card I was rolling for)
Hades
Yomi dupe
Lucifer dupe
Prometheus(4x dupe)
Strawberry (trash dupe)

Alt:
Liu bei (!!!!desperately wanted him for Vishnu)
Liu bei ( can't have too many!!)
Ronia(dupe. Useless)
Nut
Okuni
Fuma

Can finally use Gadius more often now that both accounts have one :D
Possibly one the best GF

zoku88

Run the lowest. It either drops every time or so often that it isn't worth running expert instead. Also enjoy the bonus plus eggs.

New event announced, not wasting any time. 3x normals...meh.

One-Shot Challenge, oh man, that's rough.

And Scarlet? Whoo.
Hey, you are howie, right? I remember a time when you changed your name to "3x normals when" or something like that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Who need DKali - Fat Chocobo 4 Life !!!

Looks like Desc Carnival will be back tomorrow - will try to clear the remaining two dungeons.

PS: Whats the diffrence between the One Shot and regular Challenges ? Do you have to OHKO every floor or what ? lol
Main:

Alt:

Can finally use Gadius more often now that both accounts have one :D
Possibly one the best GF
Congrats - thats a great haul...on both accounts :eek:
I dont have stones to pull yet but at least someone here is getting some nice pulls !!
Beat Level 10 in a Challenge Dungeon first try with Ra Dragon. First 0 stone of a level 10 ever.

Damage output on this team is insane. Indra is missing 2 skill levels still, otherwise everything else is max skilled. I have another max level/max skill D.Kali in my box too for anything where I don't need a shield. Ra has +105 at the moment. Indra has +2 and everything else is +0. I'm hoping for 10x descends soon. Too annoying to farm 3x normals or 5x techs.
:eek:

You and your perfect teams - respect looks even more impressive than your Bastet squad. What i would do for one DKali ;-)

smbu2000

Well, I finally managed to clear Devil Rush and God Rush on my iPad using my A.Shiva team. Glad to pick up the two piis and the stone for clearing all of the descend challenge dungeon. My current team is A.Shiva/Hino Kagu/Cao Cao/Urd/A.Ra. A.Shiva and A.Ra are both hyper, Hino Kagu and Cao Cao are max skilled and Urd is halfway to being max skilled. Thinking about pouring the extra plus eggs I've been picking up into this team.
I also cleared Sonia Gran for the first time with my team, my first try at it.

Pulled 3 times on the first half of the GF with my iPad and picked up one of the new GFEs Saria(sp?). She is L/R, so I can even use her on my A.Shiva team. L/R/Heart board is a pretty useful board. Thinking about giving her the shynpys that I have since getting Queen Gold Dragons isn"t that easy compared to other skill up mats.

Also pulled that new water card Alrescha, B/G card who looks like a good fit for my Skuld team.

Nothing really useful on my iPhone although I picked up Nephthys. Not sure if she'll be useful at all though since I have Okuni if I need a 1 turn dark boost.

Managed to max skill my Durga (iPhone) from the Halloween dungeon before it ended. I never use her though.

Also tried out the multiplayer dungeon for first time with my GF. We went through God Rush together with A.Ra. It's pretty fun to try out and makes things interesting when you're trying to coordinate. We were sitting next to each other playing. Not sure how it'd be playing online with somebody.

Writing's been on the wall for a while now, but it may be time to retire Vegitto as my frontrunner team. Went into Nordis blind because why not, and struggled with him and eventually failed the dungeon. Tried my A.Shiva team instead and completely crushed it despite falling for all the asshole binds in the dungeon. This has been a recurring pattern as of late.
Yeah, I haven't been using my Vegito team that much lately. I still have mine up in my first slot though as I have a lot of Vegito friends and I'm pretty sure a lot of people still use mine.

I tried out the normal Nordis dungeon (I had cleared it as a challnge dungeon before) and just crushed it with my Kite team. The boss bound my whole team except for LMeta. She cleared the bind and I one shot him.

Kite is my main team right now and for other stuff I use my A.Ra team.

PS: Whats the diffrence between the One Shot and regular Challenges ? Do you have to OHKO every floor or what ? lol

You and your perfect teams - respect looks even more impressive than your Bastet squad. What i would do for one DKali ;-)
With one shot dungeons you can only clear them once. When you clear one you get the designated reward for it and a stone for clearing it. It's nice getting the stone for each clear. Although you have to clear them in order, so you can't skip ahead.

I'd like a DKali as well...-_-;

Dandte

Big thanks for The help with cao cao. I swapped him in for Odin.
I'm so jealous, all of you have These Amazing Units and can clear all this Amazing content :( i Hope i will be able to clear it too in the Future. I really reget, that i didn't Continued 2 years ago.

Atm i'm Farming the lowest version of the ff dungeon. Sta/exp wise there would be better Dungeons, but the possible weapon Drops are way better, Right?

Two godfest pulls.

Snow white
Dark Cyberbeast

The Cyberbeast is interesting, so I'm happy with that. He'll fit nicely on my Batman team, and may even be a better option than Sirius on my Yomi team. I lose the SBR and the CD is longer, but the haste may be worth it. I was really hoping for a dqxq, sun quan, or an Egypt 2 god though.

Got Metatron on my second account. Seems okay.

Waiting for Day 2 to pull twice on my main and once on my second account. Otherwise saving all my stones for the players choice at the end of the month.

razterik

Hey, you are howie, right? I remember a time when you changed your name to "3x normals when" or something like that.

Yo. To be so young again as to want 3x normals. 10x when.

One-Shot is some weird localization. I think the original JP is One-Time, which makes more sense because these dungeons don't repeat in subsequent challenges.

To add onto smbu's comments, this challenge is special because completing each dungeon unlocks the next. The reward is dropped from one floor inside the dungeon and each dungeon also grants a stone on completion, for 10 total. Some are quite hard and they are all No Continue, so there's no way to reach the rest if you get stuck, even if you could beat later dungeons. (Edit: Or was that just one set of these? Maybe you can stone through, I forget because it's been so long and I didn't clear all of them.)

JP got rid of the alt coin dungeons? Why?

They were quietly stripped out a couple months ago and never returned. Other coin dungeons have been added, but there's no way to farm piis anymore outside Ultimate Arena. It's been hinted they may return or be replaced with some co-op thing, but there's been nothing concrete for a while now. It sucks, I never ran them since I didn't have a good team for it until around when they dissapeared. Rip 20+ stones.

Is this Fat Chocobo good card?
Seems to have some use when evolved, 5k HP at max level

He essentially is a free Dark Kali active. Which is awesome. Not quite as good as the real deal, but brings serious utility with the HP and the resist awakenings. Used to be a way for lower HP rainbow teams to tank Hera preempts before latents and is a budget replacement for Kali in case you're missing one.

Bladelaw

5 FF pulls: Vivi, Vivi +1, Vivi, Aemo, Squall (who I wanted for my fire team!)

Thinking of dumping a couple bucks into the chocobo for a couple more pulls.

Kinda pissed I wasn't able to get a single skill up for Vivi.

J0dy77

Generally, normal REM beats collabs outside a few specific OP rolls. FF collab has none of those now. Don't pull on the hope that anything gets an ultimate.

But... but.... it's Final Fantasy!!! I need a tidus or cloud as a trophy. I know it's a trap REM but I can't resist. Reminds me of the 25 stones I wasted on DC collab.

I was thinking the same thing. I was glad an event was going on and clearing challenge content but I wound up just logging in to max sure I didn't cap stamina.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolled in the US godfest this morning, SATSUKI!!! And I'm done.

So after 2.5 years of never getting GF exclusives I've been on a tear. I now have Ronia, both Kalis, 2x Light Meta, Satsuki, Gadius. The luck meter really swinging around for me.

Gungho really wants me to play awoken Yomi. I now have the perfect team with Haku, Satsuki. Just need to get max skilled Z8.

razterik

Bring two coin boosting leads. It's super easy.

But... but.... it's Final Fantasy!!! I need a tidus or cloud as a trophy. I know it's a trap REM but I can't resist.

But it's missing all the best characters and the cards aren't good enough? Nobody from FF6, no Selphie, no Rikku, no Fran. I'd only be pulling for Rinoa's unevolved card because Angelo.

Bladelaw

But it's missing all the best characters and the cards aren't good enough? Nobody from FF6, no Selphie, no Rikku, no Fran. I'd only be pulling for Rinoa's unevolved card because Angelo.

I'll be that guy:
Squall, Zidane, Cloud, and Sephiroth are some of my favorite FF characters. (Shadow with Interceptor would be tops though) They're all basically blank slates you could project yourself on to and they came at the right time for me to get into them.

As for abilities, Squall's is actually useful for someone at my stage of the game (beginner/mid tier breaking into Master levels) but you're right about most of the others. Like someone else said, it's a trap egg machine, but it's a really good trap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have 90 stones just sitting here.. Think I might just go HAM on both egg machines. I don't even like Final Fantasy like that.

NineH

They were quietly stripped out a couple months ago and never returned. Other coin dungeons have been added, but there's no way to farm piis anymore outside Ultimate Arena. It's been hinted they may return or be replaced with some co-op thing, but there's been nothing concrete for a while now. It sucks, I never ran them since I didn't have a good team for it until around when they dissapeared. Rip 20+ stones.

Wow, that sucks when they do that to the US version. I better start doing the alt coin dungeons sooner rather than later, since it would suck to miss out on those stones.

J0dy77

I'm a huge FFX fan, I have Tidus on JP just as a trophy. Would love a cloud or Sepiroth as well.

I have 90 stones just sitting here.. Think I might just go HAM on both egg machines. I don't even like Final Fantasy like that.

Don't was them on FF, just roll in both god fests over the next two days. Or wait it out for the PC godfest that is coming in the next month or so.

I was reading up on the cookie-cutter "ideal" Ra Dragon team for ultimate arena, i.e., Raaster/DKali/DKali/Indra(God)/A.Isis/Raaster. Of course, there's also the full suite of 30 latents on this team. If Fat Chocobo actually had at least 1 SBR, it looks like it could actually make for a great sub over 1 of the DKalis. Its high HP and resists would replace a lot of the latents you would need on the team, leaving space for extra latents. People without a second DKali could try to make due with the bird, and hope 80% SBR is enough.

Looking at this FF collab, I love FF, but looks like a pass for me. Absolutely no cards that could help any of my teams or that I would want aside from being characters I like. Fat Chocobo would've been my most wanted card, and fortunately we got one for free!

bjork

I pulled someone called Sun Quan, the special is a 2-turn delay. That's pretty handy.

Also ran the lowest FF dungeon and got Cloud of Darkness, Neo Exdeath, and Chaos. I'll look at these after a nap to see if they're worth keeping around or not.

hermit7

I pulled someone called Sun Quan, the special is a 2-turn delay. That's pretty handy.

Also ran the lowest FF dungeon and got Cloud of Darkness, Neo Exdeath, and Chaos. I'll look at these after a nap to see if they're worth keeping around or not.

Sun quan is great. Delay and 2x atk for 2 turns for healers.

Great card overall.

Top Bottom