• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So did I understand right from earlier posts that when going over 100% orb enhances is good thing?
^^ This was new to me and it never occured earlier (cause I wasnt able to do team over 100% oe in one colour) that its not oe waste to go over 100%
Now that I got my 2nd Verdandi and when Verd uevo comes I have over 100% wood oe.

Yeah every OE Awakening means +5% dmg for that combo so stocking them can be quite the dmg boost for the whole squad.

I admit I'm hugely biased towards Bestcat, but wow your box is on the cusp of a really good Bastet team. Bastet + Liu Bei + Susano + Perseus + (Green sub with SBR) + Friend Bastet is certainly capable of clearing challenge 9 and probably 10 as well. You're one good green REM pull from a really solid endgame team, basically. Maybe your luck will prevent that from ever coming together, but if I were in your shoes I'd be saving up stones for Indian 2 and Chinese godfests, hoping for Vishnu, Meimei, and Verdandi pulls.

Ha. I posted all of the gods between my two accounts. One one I have Bastet + Liu Bei, on the other account I have Susano + Perseus.

These feels.

But at least I know who to really look at in combinations - who to build around. Bastet is ranked pretty darn high on that list posted above. Very encouraging.

Rixa

Yeah every OE Awakening means +5% dmg for that combo so stocking them can be quite the dmg boost for the whole squad.
Whenever Verdandi uevo hits NA we will have more OE :).
Right now that's about normal. Skill up rate is around 10% by default. So you'd expect 1/5 on a 2x event and 1/4 during a 2.5x event.
Good to know, havent done much these skill ups, 0/2 Persephone thus didnt expect to skill it up.

My 2nd Verdandi is now level 90 didnt have exp luck it has max awakenings with 9 Baby Tamadras. Instead I got some luck with Zhou Yu, fed 4 water supers:
Screenshot_2015-11-04-19-19-53.png
Screenshot_2015-11-04-19-20-01.png
Still it needs over 400k exp. What a waste of exp and then to feed that unit...

smbu2000

Well, I pulled a few times on Fist of the Northstar collab. REM. I picked up two of the new silvers and another Raoh. I was hoping for Toki or the new Gold egg, but I don't mind another Raoh. Now I just need to skill him up. I'll probably just feed him flampys like I did my first one. I uevo'd my original Raoh and Kenshiro the other day.

Tried out the new Metalit dungeon yesterday. It gives really good experience! Over 60k exp for 50 stamina. I was able to pick up 10 of the DMeta skillup boss monster. Hopefully I can get the last two skillups for the DMeta on my iPad to make her hyper again. Need to play the 25 stamina one as well to pick up Chester skillups.
I also played through Beorc quite a bit to pick up skillup monsters for Michael. I'd like to max him in anticipation of his new uevo.

Doing okay at picking up Red Fruits so far. Hopefully I can max skill my Tsubaki when 2.5x comes around again.
Tried out Zeus & Hera for the first time outside of the descend challenge and went through it with no problems using my Kite team.
Finished skilling up my Gadius the other day as well.

razterik

I'm loving this Playful Gods, Thoth & Sopdet Halloween card.

The 5 seconds of moving time is just awesome. Plus the typing (Dark + Light), high HP, and decently high attack makes it probably my favorite monster right now.

They are pretty fun and strong enough to clear some harder dungeons, which is impressive for a silver card. Be careful not to get too accustomed to the extended move time, it can hurt your skills in the long run unless you're using it to learn full board clearing.

PSA: The Tricolor dungeons that give free Piis for the next few days are only 1 cost dungeons. You can rack up Pal points if you need Evo materials by starting and exiting the dungeon before clearing.

Works well for clearing out unused BFs, not recommended for regular friends because 50 stamina for one pull is a poor exchange.

Jaruru

This is a current opinion the JP tier list. There is always room for debate but the site has a good layout and it is pretty accurate for most of it.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/category/puzzle-dragons/reviews/jp-tier-list/

There are some cards you should focus on as leaders and others as subs, he breaks down both.

It's hard to get a feel for your box without the color breakdown but you have some nice leads mixed in there. Seems like a combo team is your best bet over mono.

pretty much agreed with the list. but note that SOME of the leaders REQUIRE very specific subs to create a strong team, or they're very fragile/unstable

I have all of the leads and subs listed there, with an exception of the dark version of light Kali and will get Yomi Dragon in the next round. Pls allow me to leave some comments here.

Tome-Creating White Phantom Demon #1951 - requires multiple of himself as sub and filled with Awoken Leilan #2073 and Shining Wing Kiriko Another #1973. Awoken Ra #2012 if fixed dmg is needed or Dancing Flame, Amaterase Ohkami #1557 for clearing binds. Perfect team for short dungeons, subs can provide enough light and red orbs to activate LS. White Phantom provides enough SB so all skills are ready in R1 or R2 after Leilan skill in R1.

Ra Dragon #2259 - requires at least 1 Dark Kali #2078 to assure 6 colors orbs for x64 powerful LS attack. Fat Chocobo has similar skill but much lower spec so strongly not recommend. In other words, only get this char from mp store if you already have Dark Kali.

Awoken Ra #2012 - much simpler setup, can put 2 of either Light or Dark Kali, Awoken Isis for short cd to activate LS/clearing binds/fulfill 2 out of 5 colors or Sun Quan #1741 if need to delay enemies, can be binded though. Last spot is good for dmg control such as Thief #1902 or Indra #657, or another Kali.

Orange Dragonbound #2441 and Blue Dragonbound #2443: requires Awoken Thor and Awoken I&I as friends' leader respectively to create high hp/atk/rcv team. note that not many players will invest in Thor/I&I so maybe good idea for Best Friend if you plan to main these 2 powerful leaders. They can be good subs though with very high spec in general.

Just some personal comments, but I recommend to have an ideal about the well formed team before investing into any specific character. Say #1901 is strong but pretty useless without multiple of Pandora as sub. There are many more versatile characters worth investing :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oku is definitely a good sub for Horus, much better stats and awakenings than Echidna and covers colors Horus doesn't.

Also you should uvo your Horus sometime for the better multiplier.
Well I finally got the last Angelit I need. Is F/L Horus universally better than the F/F one? That RCV hit is scaring me since I'm already getting caught with my pants down.

Took down queen's banquet, had to sit through sowilo skill bind. Awoken susano was totally worth it.

Now I realize I need a ton of tamas! Is tomorrow guerilla tama village?

razterik

Sure is. Congrats on the clear as well.

With a couple lucky PAL pulls, I finally finished skill maxing my second ult Goemon with max level dupes. Ready to go:

Also took advantage of JP coin dungeon Zeus Vulcan to finally finish evolving my Shiva Dragon there. Just need a few Tamadras and 900k exp before I slot him as a hypermax.

Well I finally got the last Angelit I need. Is F/L Horus universally better than the F/F one? That RCV hit is scaring me since I'm already getting caught with my pants down.
The RCV loss can be pretty bad, yeah, but can be made up for through sub selection. The extra color of coverage and ATK boost helps mitigate that as well.

Jagernaut

Awoken Horus > F/L Horus > F/F Horus. If you have the materials skip to Awoken Horus, otherwise use F/L and bring subs with good rcv. Also add rcv plus eggs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alright I did it. F/L Horus is a go. Team still needs tweaking or better subs, though, and I think I'll see what the Players Choice Godfest will have in store for that if it is indeed soon.

I have a Phoenix Rider, probably one of my favourite artworks/designs I've come across in the game.

yami4ct

One of my most wanted card.

So far, I'm planning on either leaving Apollo as L/R or dusting off the echidna.

D.Iza is probably the best farmable choice. Echidna definitely has situational uses. As razterik mentioned, A. Susano is great. I plan to run him to cover green even with 2 L. Kalis. A. Ra and Atackaratsu both could work situationally.

You could use L/R Apollo, but I think the better awakenings from L/B are great enough that going with a an alternate red covering is worthwhile.

Ariel's new Ult has an active that can sometimes bite you, but her awakenings would definitely make her a potential option.

So Loki just got an "Awoken" version announced right?

How long until that is available to me in the US version of the game?

How do you reverse UEvos? I see on the padX website you have to use certain monsters, do you just power up summon with the ones listed? Or how does that work?

Jaruru

So Loki just got an "Awoken" version announced right?

How long until that is available to me in the US version of the game?

How do you reverse UEvos? I see on the padX website you have to use certain monsters, do you just power up summon with the ones listed? Or how does that work?

The awoken Loki was just announced 2 days ago, so probably coming out to Jp in a week or 2, then 2 months later for US.

To reverse any UEvos, feed 5 different colors sprits :) (no rainbow)

Rixa

According to padx: Tamadra Retreat for me good time, at 19:00 EET. Tho I have some business then but should be doable. Prolly going to sink few stones to it too (6-7 runs total).

cw_sasuke

Invade Rate has been quite bad for the last couple weeks for me....didnt get any of the Angel Invades and not a single Invade on 5 Valk runs - feels like they have lowered the chance lately.

According to padx: Tamadra Retreat for me good time, at 19:00 EET. Tho I have some business then but should be doable. Prolly going to sink few stones to it too (6-7 runs total).

Cool - i hope i can get 4-5 runs in since i will be busy during that time.

FF collab seems pretty brutal. Seven floors of 2-4 million hp. My first attempt got me one-shot by Gilgamesh. Does anybody know if he skips his <50% attack set if you kill him in one hit? Or do I need to bring a shield to be safe?

bjork

Some of those Farmable Final Fantasy bosses seem like they would be pretty good on low cost teams.

I've been running 15s and getting 5 drops every time. Still no Kefka, but everyone else. They don't drop at a high level, but they still skill up easy and that's great.

Ducarmel

When I look at my box through chr filter, lol my first REM pull was Verche!

Played almost 3 months before I knew about rerolling and godfest.

hermit7

I have leveled and used most of the cards that I first pulled.

Have a few that I hat found a use for, namely okuni as well as baal.

Don't on know if i will ever use them unless they get sweet awakenings in an Awoken.

jay23

I rerolled during 3k godfest and stuck with lu bu. Guan yu was my second roll and has just been sitting there this whole time.

Devil team starter pack: vamp, king baddie, CDD, drawn joker.

Rixa

Managed to run Tamadra Retreat 7 times (used 2 stones). Got 4 Tamadras, 21 Baby Tamadras. Need to feed some babys, my inbox is kinda full.

cw_sasuke

Shit...was too busy so i didnt have time for Tamdra - kinda sucks since i really needed a couple of Key Awakenings for new teams. Well...there is always a next time.

Negator

Banking 4 Tama for tomorrow when I can finally wake up Isis. Waiting a whole week just for one Dub Mythlit is really annoying.

jiggle

Ya I couldnt beat it with shiva either (shiva, Urd, urd, cao, ronia)
Nor verdandi(ver, 3liubei,GZL)
Out of Ammos by the time I get to Kefka2
Sad :(

cw_sasuke

For PaDherder user - a guy on reddit worked on a MP calculator

http://pad.allthings.moe/

Just type in your acc name and it will tell you how much MP your account is worth.
Byebye Noah was nice to know you.

:). What a project it was, so many units needed and so much exp...
Congrats !!

Yeah the first Awoken is a lot of work...it was the same with me and Parvati, had to start preparing for her weeks/moths before she launched...heh.

Whats your first impression with Lakshmi ? I always wanted her because i have some useful water subs...

Rixa

Congrats !!

Yeah the first Awoken is a lot of work...it was the same with me and Parvati, had to start preparing for her weeks/moths before she launched...heh.

Whats your first impression with Lakshmi ? I always wanted her because i have some useful water subs...

My water team is not ready, and Iam not sure which subs I should add. Some water units I have. Muse away and Snow White in and should I also add Ruka?
Then I have one WDS under development if I need bind clearer but Snow White can do the job better.

cw_sasuke

One Shot Challenge 1-8 done without issues...but lvl 9 without Awoken Skills is a bit more difficult. Will give it a shot after this weekend.

Dont have much use for the Blue Pie i received but U&Y will get his Awoken Version at some point..lol.

My water team is not ready, and Iam not sure which subs I should add. Some water units I have. Muse away and Snow White in and should I also add Ruka?

Then I have one WDS under development if I need bind clearer but Snow White can do the job better.

Thats a solid team - Nut and especially Gabriel are very good subs. I dont know which style is preferred on Lakshmi (Row vs. TPA) but Hybrid works most of the time anyway. With Parvati TPA teams are clearly preferred - Lakshmi has Andro/Gabriel as Top subs so Rows might be preferred.

Berry Dragon might be nice especially once skilled up. WDS is a good coice if a cleric is needed otherwise you probably dont wanna use Heartbreaker.

Top Bottom