• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weird, he should have a 100% drop rate since he's an invade.
I don't think invades are always 100%, I remember some Sprites not dropping when they invade in other dungeons.

I've pumped all of my stamina (all Expert, once Master) into getting Gilgamesh since the start of this event and he's only appeared twice, only dropping once (and it was Sephiroth's Blade lol).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone in my friendlist that can put up Perseus Uevo for a bit ?

PS. Fire Carnival starts tomorrow. Perfect if you need to skill up CaoCao/Yamato and/or Echidna.

jay23

Ayy

How are your guys' planned teams looking like though? HP seems to be a lacking factor for the teams I have planned.

Right now my subs are 2x l.Kali, apollo, and sun quan. Apollo may have to be replaced in the future because his active creates too many light orbs.
I can sub in Phoenix rider whenever I need some damage reduction to help with the low HP problem.

What's your team looking like?
Add me if you want need more kirin friends 323,833,337

He probably got Sephiroth's Masamune, that why!

Gilgamesh invade is the only way to Sephiroth's skill up.

I should know I maxed skill a Gilgamesh on my jp account trying to max skill my Sephiroth.

That's a real asshole move

btw try to get a gilgamesh if possible, he's a really good leader for tengu conditional. An upcoming Challenge Dungeon locks the Noel reward behind Tengu.

cw_sasuke

Okay tried my first Heroes team with Perseus - Gameplay wise it seems really easy, wasnt putting out any damage because all my subs are missing Row Awakenings - but just playing around with it was fun.

smbu2000

Well I pulled one last time before the FotN collab. ended and picked up Yuria! on my iPad. Definitely happy to pick her up as I'm a big FotN fan. I have Kenshiro and Raoh (x2) on my iPhone, so I'm just missing Toki between the two of them. I already evo'd her.

IMG_0299yuria_zpsno5xc4df.jpg

Her active skill is pretty useful as it's similar to the Indian 2 gods except with hearts. Hearts drop more often for 3 turns and create 3 hearts from non-light orbs. (11 turns, max 6 turns)

Her leader skill is 1 heart combo 1.5x attack, 2 heart combos 2.5x attack. Connect 4 light orbs for 2x attack, up to 3x attack for 6 light orbs. Max attack is 7.5x for 2 heart combos and one light row. 56.25x with a friend, not including the extra damage for making a row.
The Saria that I picked up in the last GF will be a great sub for Yuria. I'm currently using her as a sub in my A.Shiva team.

Now I just need more shynpys to skill her up. I gave her the one I just picked up in the current challenge dungeon.

On my iPhone I ran the Izanami 5x4 coin dungeon quite a bit (used 3 or 4 stones) and managed to pick up 5 dark damage reduction tamadras. Definitely happy about that in addition to getting the plus orb drops with 10x descends. I gave the latent tamas to my D.LKali and now I just just need to finish off plus egging her. Just need a few more ATK eggs.

I'll probably keep on running Izanami to see if I can pick up more dark damage reduction tamadras. My Kite team does very well on it and I can clear it very consistently.

In my situation the damage output is lower compared to my Bastet team for a lot more effort.I know he is good and i have a solid team for him...but having to match all 5 colors just to kill scrub enemies and getting orbtrolled from time to time kinda sucks.

Playing with Bastet, Sara and Sumire i tend to get even more offended by orbtrolls nowadays lol. Lets see if Sakuya can "save" me from that...if that fails there is still Awoken U&Y at some point. I am more comfortable with matching 4 colors consistent, but matching all 5 or you get nothing isnt appealing to me right now.

Ra isnt going anywhere though - i evolved, leveled and max skilled him - so at some point i will force myself to give him a fair shot. Pulling DKali or Isis and it would be more difficult to resist him.

Congrats - have you played around with Buffed up DMeta yet ? Is that a team you are interested in ?

Yeah having the right sub selection is always key for rougher Desc. Cant wait for FotN Collab to come back so i can max skill Wee Jas - still no Ceres here.

My main point was more in regards to elemental advantages though. Having to dish out twice as much damage against Nordis and Scarlet with Bastet isnt that easy - just not used to stalling for longer time on Bossfight and the more time it takes the likelier it is to mess things up. I never played and liked Ronia or even before that 2/4/2 HP leader that grinded down enemies.

From my startups U&Y and GZL it pretty much always was...if i dont OHKO the boss this will get ugly very fast for me. Still play more or less the same way even though i gotten more used to stalling with the increasing +egg number.

Its funny how these high HP bosses often keep me away from attempting the stage, yet when i finally decide to clear it damage is rarely an issue. Guess im still getting used to the power creep - not too long ago i would lose my shit if U&Y would hit for more than a million with multiple +TPA and a bunch of used skilled. Now Vishnu in a Bastet team alone hits harder than my whole U&Y team not too long ago. Nuts....

I think A.Sakuya will be quite helpful for the stages that arent to favorable for Bastet once she hits - so i can wait for her.

Yeah because of the low HP you more or less need a shield sub for tougher content.

Sakuya/LKali/LKali/A.Susano/Flex/Sakuya

Flex spot will depend on if 100% SBR is needed and/or how much dmg is needed. Right now im thinking Maeda Keiji or A.Ra for 100% SBR (i have given up on max skilling Elia), otherwise Apollo or a enhancer ala Sun Quan.

Wee Jas is good - just on tougher stages you sometimes cant stall long enough for his initial Cool Down - especially since he doesnt have any +Skill Awakenings on him. Once the FotN Collabo comes back and we can max skill him he will be way more useful.

Delay, hearts(healing),unbinding + time extend is actually amazing for a sub. Even better if he ever gets an Uevo.
Once you get used to Ra it's not quite so difficult to hit 5 colors. If you are orb trolled, sometimes attacking for 4x (by activating a skill) is enough to take out many scrubs.

I haven't tried out DMeta with her new skill yet. I still have my old team setup with DMeta/Hanzo x 2/DD Haku/(Pandora or Ronia) depending on what I was doing. DMeta and Haku are Hyper. Now she is much more flexible. I am planning on changing my DD Haku to A.Haku and running DMeta/A.Haku/Satsuki/Pandora and maybe Satsuki/Hanzo/Zuoh/Okuni.

I was planning on max skilling Wee Jas myself, but I didn't end up doing it. I mainly use my A.Ceres on my Bastet team when I need bind healing. I also just finished making my A.Amaterasu as well.

bjork

He probably got Sephiroth's Masamune, that why!

Gilgamesh invade is the only way to Sephiroth's skill up.

I should know I maxed skill a Gilgamesh on my jp account trying to max skill my Sephiroth.

I didn't get that either. Though, this was on the 25-stamina, so taking into account the lower drop rate, perhaps that's why. I just thought it was cool to see a different enemy after the same pattern so many times. :)

zoku88

For people with awoken chinese gods, do you actually farm jewels to skill them up or piis?

I have to skill up my second A. Haku, but I should probably kill up my A. Yomi as well >.>

hermit7

For people with awoken chinese gods, do you actually farm jewels to skill them up or piis?

I have to skill up my second A. Haku, but I should probably kill up my A. Yomi as well >.>

I just use piis. Takes a while, but it is alright.

The stamina to farm for jewels is not worth it I don't think considering the 20 or 25 percent skill up chance.

Anyone beat one shot level 9? What teams did you guys use? The lack of awakenings hampers my teams. I tried using a decent high multiplier but none were very successful.

razterik

I just used piis on my Awoken Chinese. I need too many jewels for evos to waste them all. Only going jewel skill ups on A.Sakuya because light jewels are barely used.

Well I pulled one last time before the FotN collab. ended and picked up Yuria! on my iPad. Definitely happy to pick her up as I'm a big FotN fan.

On my iPhone I ran the Izanami 5x4 coin dungeon quite a bit (used 3 or 4 stones) and managed to pick up 5 dark damage reduction tamadras. Definitely happy about that in addition to getting the plus orb drops with 10x descends. I gave the latent tamas to my D.LKali and now I just just need to finish off plus egging her. Just need a few more ATK eggs.

I'll probably keep on running Izanami to see if I can pick up more dark damage reduction tamadras. My Kite team does very well on it and I can clear it very consistently.

Oh, man, I forgot that FotNS was ending already. Didn't pull for the Mamiya I wanted. Oh well.

And I'm super jealous of your resist latent invade rate. I've already put in 8 stones and only seen three of the little buggers so far. Trying to get a full set for my Shiva Dragon.

smbu2000

I just used piis on my Awoken Chinese. I need too many jewels for evos to waste them all. Only going jewel skill ups on A.Sakuya because light jewels are barely used.

Oh, man, I forgot that FotNS was ending already. Didn't pull for the Mamiya I wanted. Oh well.

And I'm super jealous of your resist latent invade rate. I've already put in 8 stones and only seen three of the little buggers so far. Trying to get a full set for my Shiva Dragon.
I've had some terrible luck trying to skill up my A.Haku with jewels. 1 skillup with like 20 jewels. I haven't tried in awhile and I'll probably just finish her off with badpys.

Yeah, I've been pretty lucky. I just used another stone and I had 2 invades for dark damage reduction tamadras out of my 5 tries on it (I have 250 stamina.) Very happy about that! Trying to decide who to give them to next. Currently my A.Ra, LKali #1 and now D.LKali have a full set of dark resist latent awakenings. Levi has a rainbow set.

I'm not sure if the invade rate is different between difficulty levels. I tried the easier difficulty level about 4-5 times when I had extra stamina to use before a rank up and had no luck on that (worse luck on plus egg drops.) All of my invades have been on the higher difficulty.

FZZ

Banned
Yeah because of the low HP you more or less need a shield sub for tougher content.

Sakuya/LKali/LKali/A.Susano/Flex/Sakuya

Flex spot will depend on if 100% SBR is needed and/or how much dmg is needed. Right now im thinking Maeda Keiji or A.Ra for 100% SBR (i have given up on max skilling Elia), otherwise Apollo or a enhancer ala Sun Quan.

Ahh that's smart, but sadly the only damage reducers I have are A. Isis and D. Iza. I am putting Fat Chocobo on my team for the active and huge 5k HP boost, but my team still only ends up with around 20k HP with no pluses.

Right now my subs are 2x l.Kali, apollo, and sun quan. Apollo may have to be replaced in the future because his active creates too many light orbs.
I can sub in Phoenix rider whenever I need some damage reduction to help with the low HP problem.

What's your team looking like?
Add me if you want need more kirin friends 323,833,337

Added you!

My team is most likely going to be A. Sakuya/L Kali/L Kali/Chibi Valk/Fat Chocobo

Really wanted to put in my second Chibi Valk in place of Fat Chocobo, but the HP boost Chocobo provides is too good

I've actually been quite lucky max-skilling all my awoken Chinese with only jewels. A.Sakuya will be the last one, but I have over 20 Light jewels, so hopefully that will be enough.

Unfortunately, I haven't had such luck trying to get a Gilgamesh from this damn dungeon, which is the only thing I'm running it for since I didn't pull the collab REM. I now understand Cosmo's game handle, "CARD HELL." I have 8 fricken Masamunes! The lone silver lining is the good rank exp the dungeon gives.

razterik

I'm waiting till next weekend for Gilgamesh, hopefully there's the usual 3x invade rate. Also thinking about skilling a Zeromus, his nuke is impressive for the low cost.

Finally picked up 5 dark resist latent in 5x4 Izanami. Took 10 stones total and a few rank ups. Feels like the invade rate is 10% at best. Farming these is annoying. I shudder to think how bad it will be if they ever make the skill delay resist latents farmable.

One-Shot Challenge complete! Fumbled around several times on 9 before getting through with some really ugly Bastet play, then used Ra Dragon for 10, which went much smoother. Ra Dragon is a complete beast. Wound up getting 2 Shynpy and a Badpy, which is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Lucky me, since there was no way I was going to try to farm out specific Piis. Those challenges were way too hard for it.

Epic Drop

Krishna worked for me. Super unstable, but after four or five tries I finally got it.

Also beat challenge 9 with a Neptune dragon team. Feels like a huge accomplishment for me, didn't think I stood a chance. I don't think I've ever worked harder to clear two dungeons in my PAD career.

Unfortunately I got two shynpies, which was the one I wanted the least. Way too hard to try over and over for the one I want though.

razterik

I knew I built up that blue team for some reason! Took three tries, died to Is bind and all one turn pii damage overload before my shield was up. Had a bad board to kill Shiva, not enough spare orbs to make hearts, but got lucky with Lakshmi random pick threes. Cleared every other hard One-Shot dungeon with ShivDra.

Also took three attempts to finish Scarlet with ShivDra. Not having Mamiya makes success rather random when she floods jammers. Decided against farming this on 2x skill ups, she'll be back as part of Descended Challenge soon enough. Don't need her for any real team right now anyway.

Rixa

What is average % rate for Jewel invades. Is it under 5% or something beween 5-10%?
Just curious if i someday start to farm those easier Descendeds (like todays Athena) if I need specific jewel.

razterik

Common consensus for jewel invade rate in normal Descendeds is 15%. The Rush dungeons are higher, somewhere in low 20% unless the 1.5x rate is active, but that hasn't shown up lately.

And if you're running Zaerog 8 in NA today, you get a special surprise! Invade rate for Rogue dungeons was roughly 30% last time I looked at numbers. Enjoy, haha.

Rixa

Common consensus for jewel invade rate in normal Descendeds is 15%. The Rush dungeons are higher, somewhere in low 20% unless the 1.5x rate is active, but that hasn't shown up lately.

And if you're running Zaerog 8 in NA today, you get a special surprise! Invade rate for Rogue dungeons was roughly 30% last time I looked at numbers. Enjoy, haha.
Ah its so high, thanks for the info.

Err yeah no I wont run it. My teams aint ready for it :p

bjork

Opinions on Devoted Miko Goddess, Kushinadahime? I rolled the base version awhile back, but I just got her ultimate evolution the other day, and she seems pretty good. A special that greatly reduces damage for 1 turn, and her skill is an ATK multiplier after 3 combos.

I've been using her in conjunction with the Halloween Thoth & Sopdet and I'm not sure, but I think if she was high level and had a higher-leveled team, she would be really good. For the 15 and 25 FF dungeons, she's been great so far. But I don't know if my hunch is right and I should keep leveling her, or shift to someone else.

Negator

Opinions on Devoted Miko Goddess, Kushinadahime? I rolled the base version awhile back, but I just got her ultimate evolution the other day, and she seems pretty good. A special that greatly reduces damage for 1 turn, and her skill is an ATK multiplier after 3 combos.

I've been using her in conjunction with the Halloween Thoth & Sopdet and I'm not sure, but I think if she was high level and had a higher-leveled team, she would be really good. For the 15 and 25 FF dungeons, she's been great so far. But I don't know if my hunch is right and I should keep leveling her, or shift to someone else.

She's one of the key damage reduction subs in the game. I used her to tank the pre-emptive in the Legend Plus Hera challenge. If you have a team she goes into and don't have one of the other common subs like Susano, D. Izanami, or Indra, I'd say she's worth investing in.

Oh wow! PADX doesn't mention this, but it really is a nice surprise. Just got 2 red jewels in 4 runs. Was debating farming Athena over Z8 just for the jewels, but it's a no-brainer to farm Z8 instead, now. Nice thing also is that it seems the invades are pretty low-powered no matter which battle they show up. Leilan only did about 6500 damage both times she showed up, one early and one later. So they can be good opportunities to recharge skills if you need to.

Hmm. I think I have to pass on Z8 today. I have 3 skill ups left to get on cloud, and I still have to do the back end of the one shot challenge.

bjork

She's one of the key damage reduction subs in the game. I used her to tank the pre-emptive in the Legend Plus Hera challenge. If you have a team she goes into and don't have one of the other common subs like Susano, D. Izanami, or Indra, I'd say she's worth investing in.

Oh, awesome. I have Indra too, but haven't done much leveling on it yet.

hermit7

What level should I run fire carnival if I'm looking for cao cao skill ups?

Highest one has best drop rate.

They spawn in all of the tiers though. I ran it for the stone, got only 2 drops in the lowest stamina tier.

I think I got 4 drops in both the 30 and 40 stamina.

razterik

Int on 2x drops on all pre-boss floors. Pretty sure the next level up drops on 1.5x.

Best part of jewel invades for Z8 is when they invade floor 9 and override the combo shield. Worst part is when they invade a high exp floor and you end up 30 levels lower against the boss.

Int on 2x drops on all pre-boss floors. Pretty sure the next level up drops on 1.5x.

Best part of jewel invades for Z8 is when they invade floor 9 and override the combo shield. Worst part is when they invade a high exp floor and you end up 30 levels lower against the boss.
The invade can happen on floor 9? Then there's no transformation lol.

Would Bastet still be the team of choice to tackle Z8 even if I don't have any triple prong subs? I'd be looking at something like Meimei/Verdandi/A.Isis/Sasuke. An early Leilan invade seems like it could be problematic since she resists wood.

Sooooo, I took down one shot 9. Got screwed out of a Pii that I could use (I need anything but blue and blue dropped).

A Ra/ A Ra team with L meta/izanagi/GZL/old castle Kali.

I tanked the first round outlasting the absorb (by far the hardest floor for me and this team, needing hearts to drops sucks. Got blue on floor two, so I set up a great board and took him down.

Ra'd the Piis to death, got Gadius (not threedia), took him down one shot. Then granny Sonia popped up. Her resolve proced once, then I got another turn by taking her down to next to nothing (under the 15% mark). Board does not activate Ra, Two skills were up A Ra and Izanagi, so I used them. Got her down to a sliver,

Didn't activate Ra, but got 4 light orb skyfalls. Beat her. Now what do I do... Can I actually do level 10? It's got that 300k Parvati absorb and a Shiva's 50% red reduction.
Any ideas on team leads that can attempt it?

Jagernaut

Invades in these level up dungeons sounds terrible. If they invade floor 1, your damage will be terrible and your hp really low.

razterik

Didn't know that the EXP you got was tied to what you killed. Always figured it was a fixed amount per floor.

Yeah, that'd make much more sense, but nope GungHo.

This is a Nordis run after light jewel invaded on floor 7, which is the big exp boost before Threedia. Instead of Minerva being around level 60, I only gained like one level after the jewel floor.

Invades in these level up dungeons sounds terrible. If they invade floor 1, your damage will be terrible and your hp really low.

Well, if your team is super enough for the dungeon to handle anything, these are actually one of the best sources of jewels in the game. Double the invade rate for only 50 stamina and all these dungeons give decent drops and rank exp.

Jagernaut

I really don't like these Rogue dungeons. I beat Zaerog8 with Awoken Bastet last time but it wasn't fun. You can't quickly farm it, you have to plan out big combos and think too much. I have no desire to run it enough to max skill Zaerog.

cw_sasuke

I really don't like these Rogue dungeons. I beat Zaerog8 with Awoken Bastet last time but it wasn't fun. You can't quickly farm it, you have to plan out big combos and think too much. I have no desire to run it enough to max skill Zaerog.
Completely agree, I feel like these 10 stage dungeons end up too time consuming anyway.

But considering that you can obtain Top Tier leaders outside of REM luck that way it makes sense why they are designed this way. Just not for me.

linsivvi

A year later these dungeons will be easy. Just wait for the power creep.

Of course by then there will be something even harder, and the cycle continues.

J0dy77

I think I finally found a team that will allow me to farm Z8 consistently. This has been the strangest dungeon for me in terms of success, I zero stoned it the first time I ever went in and then have proceeded to wipe about 8 times since.

Here's the team, hope it helps some.

2x Awoken Horus, Light Meta, Sun Quan, L. Kali, D. Kali.

I know it's a pretty high cost team and those cards aren't all that common. However, each card has purpose behind them and can be replaced for other alternatives.

I like dual Horus more than Ra since he's easier to activate. With 10 floors it's very easy to get trolled with Ra and be left with nothing. On most of the floors Ra's active would be overkill.

Sun Quan I brought for the delay, if you get in trouble on the Zaerog floor or Z8's first form you can use the delay to buy yourself breathing room.

L. Meta was brought for round 10 and his turn 2 bind.

I may play around with an Urd/Shiva Dragon team once I level up my Red Riding hood and see if it is any easier/works.

What is everyone else using to clear? Need to max him.

J0dy77

Zaerog refuses to skill up. I've gotten three jewels invades. No skill ups.

I'm going to sit on all of my Z8 from today until 2.5x comes back around. I'm willing to play the long game since this is going to be such a hard task. I may even dump some Piis on him.

JP Challenge 9 is pretty rough. I've beaten both Refive and Nordis in their individual dungeons, but both of them in a row is something I have trouble with.

Quantum

- probably my biggest gripe with the game now is that it stopped being entertaining in the sense that each new descend feels cheap - if I get a good board - no problem - crap board = failure.

- I think a new set of general dungeons would be entertaining - could increase the difficulty without becoming cheap - can decrease the rewards but have something persistent to work through.

- with the power creep and the stupid all or nothing challenge dungeons there isn't much left to do.

- I really enjoyed the Final Fantasy collab, but can only imagine it would have been more entertaining when the cards were relevant - would have spent money if I could actualy use ANY of the cards on one of my active teams.

- I have yolo'd my free stones into the collb with results that I can't make heads or tails of - none of the cards seem relevant with todays meta, but they are ff cards.

Negator

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ouch. Such pain.

Up to Challenge 8. Not sure what to do for Bastet. Might take out Verdandi and throw in Kushinada to pair with Verdandi.

U3aJWh4l.jpeg

bjork

Spent about 30 minutes putting all my dudes into padherder. Now I don't know what to do with it, hah. I guess I just wanted to see a list on a website, I know I'm not going to keep that thing updated.

Negator

Spent about 30 minutes putting all my dudes into padherder. Now I don't know what to do with it, hah. I guess I just wanted to see a list on a website, I know I'm not going to keep that thing updated.

If you're on Android, use Padlistener to make it a painless process.

Top Bottom