• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Honestly looking at the new cards I am a little disappointed with them all.

Nothing that is really new although the angels make more convincing subs now with their short orb change and tpa.

Should be pretty good.

J0dy77

Thank you! THANK YOU DESCENDED Carnival. I missed it the first time it came around but was able to get in today. Picked up the 2x Tengu and 1x Xuanxang I needed for Susano, Viper and Haku in just 2 runs. That was going to be a nightmare if I had to do it normally.

Goldrush

Is there anywhere online that lists all the skill-ups that evo material rotates between? In particular, is Awoken Orochi's skill-up part of the Blue Sacred Mask's rotation?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there anywhere online that lists all the skill-ups that evo material rotates between? In particular, is Awoken Orochi's skill-up part of the Blue Sacred Mask's rotation?
Outside of the Chinese Gods Pantheon all Awoken Gods requires Piis to skill up.

Padguide has skillup rotation history under utilities. A.Orochi's skill has never been part of it under any version of the game.

J0dy77

Awoken Orochi has a different active skill than his prior forms. Only the prior versions of 5 turn delay had a farmable skillup with the blue masks.

zoku88

I did two rolls today.

Satsuki (Yomi team)
Durga (dupe so sold. I never use the one I have)

My regret is that I only had two devilits so wasn't able to get a skill up

jay23

Loki would be cool if beelz/ronia teams were still good and useful for endgame stuff.

*Tries Queen's banquet*
Misses second TPA on first combo
Catches Hera ur high kick to the face
Game over

Ducarmel

Farmable bee/ronia cleared arena, and I&I/Ryune is better then that team its safe to say Loki will be considered a good end game lead.

Any three of those teams is more than up to the task and you can cheese the dungeon with a careful Minerva run if you wish. I'd pick whatever you're more comfortable with or have the most effort put into. Ra and Shiva are best prepared to handle a fat metal, Bastet probably needs triple TPAer to clear easily. Not a fan of light teams against Hera Beorc because you have to stall out her absorb. Out of your shield options, A.Susano is likely best in all instances.

I am SO happy that A susano is sub red... Shiva it is. What's the worst that can happen I whiff and waste 99 Stam.

Also 1 pull Yamato takeru, yet another red God for an already massively overpowered red legion (A Shiva, R/G Cao Cao, Tsubaki, red Valk, A Minerva, A Kagu, ult avenging Ares, Ronia(s), pheonix rider, Shotel, ame no uzume, Uriel, and Freyr). My red is stacked AND I have leaders for red teams,

So what are the best subs for red teams? I get the impression the best/only one I'm missing is Urd.

Permanent bonus?

*FINAL FANTASY Collab Dungeon Bonus*
The FINAL FANTASY Portal App has hit 2,000,000 worldwide downloads, and to celebrate, special bonuses are coming to the FINAL FANTASY Collab Dungeon!
Weekdays (starting 11/3 12:00 AM PST):
- 1.5x Drop Bonus
- 1.5x +Egg Drop Bonus
Saturday & Sunday (11/7-11/8 & 11/14-11/15, 12:00 AM-11:59 PM PST)
- 2x Drop Bonus
- 2x +Egg Drop Bonus

Rolled today and got:
Exa-Hydra
U&Y
Izanagi
Storm Dragon, Mistrain
Dill Sirius
Persephone

No dupes, but nothing I was really aiming for. Going to save as many stones between now and PCGF and then I'm not rolling REM for a very long time. I've got a bunch of teams in my box I could work on. My Typhon team needs work, I've got a healer team waiting for LZL's buff, and I can put together a solid Sakuya team (though I don't have the skills to play her yet). Should be able to get about 5 or 6 rolls for PCGF depending on when it is. Still have a bunch of coin dungeons and challenge dungeons I can do.

Negator

I'm pretty excited for dong angels. I only have Famiel but he's pretty convincing as a sub for UY over Kali now.

I have Rozuel too but who knows what they're going to do.

yami4ct

GungHo finally Ulted the Angel 2.0's? Fantastic news. They desperately needed it. It's a good buff, too. The 3-TPAers will definitely see some uses.

Ult Hathor looks fine, if a bit unexciting. Super Ult Michael is a bit of a surprise, but given the row focus isn't very exciting either. Awoken Loki will see a ton of use on devil squads and D-Meta squads just for the 2x SB-Resist. Great Awakening choices there.

Pulled in the Godfest 6 times:

Evil Knight, Creuse
Kraken Rider
Marine Rider
Nephthys
The Norn Verdandi
Okuninushi

I don't think these help my Horus much, which is my metric for satisfaction D;

EDIT: Maybe the Marine Rider and Okuninushi? at least according to this anyways: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/horus#I/S01/C023/223
Oku is definitely a good sub for Horus, much better stats and awakenings than Echidna and covers colors Horus doesn't.

Also you should uvo your Horus sometime for the better multiplier.

coy

I'll never get any Heroes. :(

Pulled 8 today and the best I got was either Lumiel or Dragon Rider. Exciting ain't it. I stopped after getting my 4th Kushi so this godfest was a bust. On the bright side, I was able to clear Hera Challenge without dying so I'll take solace in that.

J0dy77

I'll never get any Heroes. :(

Pulled 8 today and the best I got was either Lumiel or Dragon Rider. Exciting ain't it. I stopped after getting my 4th Kushi so this godfest was a bust. On the bright side, I was able to clear Hera Challenge without dying so I'll take solace in that.

I feel the same way. I have Yamato but have chased the heroes every time they came around, no luck.

Is the new cap on pal points 40? I haven't gone up all day.

Edit: decided to have an F it roll after seeing cow's post... Got sun quan. Not the best hero but he's been a trophy monster for me for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration coy.

jay23

I'm an idiot decided to waste 99 stamina again on Queens banquet, made it all the way to Hera sowilo before remembering the pre emptive so I thought to myself no worries I'll just stone it for the rewards....
no continue

Had cao cao, leilan, and chiyome active ready to go.

Farmable bee/ronia cleared arena, and I&I/Ryune is better then that team its safe to say Loki will be considered a good end game lead.

Wow really? Is there a video for that clear? Can't imagine how long that run took

jiggle

descended carnival is lovely
did 6 runs and finally got some of those low cost drops i needed

are those descends being taken out of rotations?

Ducarmel

I'm an idiot decided to waste 99 stamina again on Queens banquet, made it all the way to Hera sowilo before remembering the pre emptive so I thought to myself no worries I'll just stone it for the rewards....
no continue

Had cao cao, leilan, and chiyome active ready to go.

Wow really? Is there a video for that clear? Can't imagine how long that run took

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEjD8-GOpI
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...uss_norem_arena_team_without_resist_gimmicks/
3 hours

I&I/Ryuna clearing Arena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIZAaXnw1ZA

Thor/Saria clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzCVENL47Vg

Freyja/Gon, Na does not have Gon so not sure it matters to us, but its the only Freyja clear i could find.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjjW40Io3C4

Not sure who Loki will pair with maybe D.Meta? But JP Pad will find a way.

descended carnival is lovely
did 6 runs and finally got some of those low cost drops i needed

are those descends being taken out of rotations?

They still show up on rotation in JP; I'm guessing Descended Carnival is just for people who have difficulty clearing asshole conditionals and need the drops for awakenings.

coy

I feel the same way. I have Yamato but have chased the heroes every time they came around, no luck.

Is the new cap on pal points 40? I haven't gone up all day.

Edit: decided to have an F it roll after seeing cow's post... Got sun quan. Not the best hero but he's been a trophy monster for me for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration coy.
Hah glad someone got something. In fact, I pulled once more as I thought maybe it'd be inspiration for me this time. Gold Egg+! But Sleeping Beauty. Well that seals it. Gonna save the rest for another godfest.

damisa

9 rolls:
Perseus#2
Green Odin
Anubis
Sun Wukong
Dark Wizard Dill Sirius
Thanatos#6
Kraken Rider
Pandora
Izanagi

Random assortment of gods, but only 2 dupes at least.

mike23

Made it to LKali first try with the RaDra/DKali/Dkail/Indra/Isis/RaDra dream team. I flubbed my combo and she smoked me, but I wouldn't have done enough damage anyway. Still only +107 total on the team. Once 10x descends comes around I'll try to hypermax the entire team and figure out the latents I need.

I'm finding Ra Dragon surprisingly easy to activate. I think it helps that I have to use all the orbs. With regular Ra I usually end up in a sea of hearts.

It probably also doesn't hurt that there are 10 time extends on that team.

Rixa

Free Pys for everyone \o/
GungHo fb said:
*Py Surprise!*
In celebration of Puzzle & Dragons NA’s 3rd Anniversary, we will be offering three Py gift dungeons! It has been another great year with such a supporting community and we look forward to what’s ahead!
11/4 - 11/6 - 3rd Anniversary 1 - Tricolor
11/7 - 11/9 - 3rd Anniversary 2 - Tricolor
11/10 - 11/12 - 3rd Anniversary 3 - Tricolor
Don’t miss this chance to skill-up your monsters!

FZZ

Banned
Uhh I just finished running Wednesday dungeon and now there's maintenance until 7am?

Bet there was an issue with the Py dungeon.

Rixa

So did I understand right from earlier posts that when going over 100% orb enhances is good thing?
^^ This was new to me and it never occured earlier (cause I wasnt able to do team over 100% oe in one colour) that its not oe waste to go over 100%
Now that I got my 2nd Verdandi and when Verd uevo comes I have over 100% wood oe.

I'm loving this Playful Gods, Thoth & Sopdet Halloween card.

The 5 seconds of moving time is just awesome. Plus the typing (Dark + Light), high HP, and decently high attack makes it probably my favorite monster right now.

J0dy77

9 rolls:
Perseus#2
Green Odin
Anubis
Sun Wukong
Dark Wizard Dill Sirius
Thanatos#6
Kraken Rider
Pandora
Izanagi

Random assortment of gods, but only 2 dupes at least.

Man, that is one heck of a haul.

I'm loving this Playful Gods, Thoth & Sopdet Halloween card.

The 5 seconds of moving time is just awesome. Plus the typing (Dark + Light), high HP, and decently high attack makes it probably my favorite monster right now.

Cards like this are fun for early game content but will quickly fizzle out. Don't invest too many resources into the card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSA: The Tricolor dungeons that give free Piis for the next few days are only 1 cost dungeons. You can rack up Pal points if you need Evo materials by starting and exiting the dungeon before clearing.

Cards like this are fun for early game content but will quickly fizzle out. Don't invest too many resources into the card.

Ah man, that's kind of a bummer.

So what cards should I be investing in? I have the following Gods/Devils between my first and second accounts:

Burning God, Set
War Deity Minerva
Ame no Uzume
Norn of the Future, Skuld
Fortune Deity Lakshmi (x2)
Goddess of the Starry Sky, Nut
Gods of the Hunt, Umisachi&Yamasachi
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Vanquishing Deity, Perseus
Susano
Moral Commanding Deity, Liu Bei
Love Deity, Feline Bastet
Tome-Creating White Phantom Demon, Ilm
Radiant God of Creation, Izanagi
Flash Sorcerer, Rei Sirius
Sun Wukong
sun wukong
Gleaming Light Sorceress, Ars Nova
Angelious
Archangel Metatron
Shinra Golden God Maxius
Batman+Batmobile
Chatoic Flying General, Lu Bu
Black Beast Demon, Zuoh
Enraged Black Phantom Demon, Zuoh
Okuninushi
pandora
Phantom Dragon, Anima
Loki, the God of Guile
Playful Star Gods, Thoth & Sopdet

Big list, so I can't expect a whole lot, but I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of this game and am trying to figure out who to invest +eggs into, and how to build proper teams going forward.

J0dy77

This is a current opinion the JP tier list. There is always room for debate but the site has a good layout and it is pretty accurate for most of it.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/category/puzzle-dragons/reviews/jp-tier-list/

There are some cards you should focus on as leaders and others as subs, he breaks down both.

It's hard to get a feel for your box without the color breakdown but you have some nice leads mixed in there. Seems like a combo team is your best bet over mono.

ccbfan

Geez they turn the angels into super subs.

Angel one (If they continue the trend) become super row subs. Hopefully they change Lucifer and Raphael's active cause they suck for row teams.

Angel two become super TPA subs (all have 3) and with those actives they may be one of the subs for their respective color teams.

This is a current opinion the JP tier list. There is always room for debate but the site has a good layout and it is pretty accurate for most of it.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/category/puzzle-dragons/reviews/jp-tier-list/

There are some cards you should focus on as leaders and others as subs, he breaks down both.

It's hard to get a feel for your box without the color breakdown but you have some nice leads mixed in there. Seems like a combo team is your best bet over mono.

Very nice list. Thanks for the help. I can definitely use these for building my team. Thanks.

bjork

I like the way the pal machine works. Spit me out a dub-mythlit today, saves having to run that dungeon only to see him not drop, heh.

Ah man, that's kind of a bummer.

So what cards should I be investing in? I have the following Gods/Devils between my first and second accounts:

Big list, so I can't expect a whole lot, but I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of this game and am trying to figure out who to invest +eggs into, and how to build proper teams going forward.

I admit I'm hugely biased towards Bestcat, but wow your box is on the cusp of a really good Bastet team. Bastet + Liu Bei + Susano + Perseus + (Green sub with SBR) + Friend Bastet is certainly capable of clearing challenge 9 and probably 10 as well. You're one good green REM pull from a really solid endgame team, basically. Maybe your luck will prevent that from ever coming together, but if I were in your shoes I'd be saving up stones for Indian 2 and Chinese godfests, hoping for Vishnu, Meimei, and Verdandi pulls.

Rixa

I at least went 2/8 for Skuld and 1/6 for L. Kali. I got a bit lucky and went 2/4 with Gadius just now.
I fed 5 trifruits to Verdandi, got 1 skill up. Not sure if it is good or bad.

I like the way the pal machine works. Spit me out a dub-mythlit today, saves having to run that dungeon only to see him not drop, heh.
Trust me, you will later need shitton of those shiny f*ckers. Usually youre out of them and get a card that needs it.

Top Bottom