• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

I just had a data download. According to Unknown_PC at puzzleanddragonsforum:

Another batch of NA art push:

Ult UY, Kushi, Izanagi, AA2 skill-ups, Eva Shinji, Rei, Misato, Eva Tamas, Armor Dragons, Aegir, Set, Awoken Sakuya, Verd, Noah, Freyr, I&I, Thor, Surtr

linsivvi

Well I was able to beat challenge 9 with shiva.

Challenge 10 is proving difficult. Get to Parv but her absorb is killing me. Need to find a way to get echidna back up soon after floor 3. May try to burst it with hino and then echidna on Parv and use caocao on shiva with leilan. Hopefully something like that can work out but I am liking the difficulty of the dungeon it is challenging and while I ate absorption as a mechanic at least it is proving to make one think about how to best utilize skills.

As long as you keep her above 30% hp, you can't die.

Every 2 turns she generates heal orbs at top and bottom rows, and I'd save 2 heal orbs each at the bottom of columns 2, 4 and 6. This way you can stall until all your skills are recharged.

razterik

New uevos and Awoken are up!

A.Sakuya
Verdandi
Noah
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Kushinadahime
Izanagi

Also EVA ults for Shinji, Misato, Rei.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

A.Sakuya
Verdandi
Noah
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Kushinadahime
Izanagi

Very nice... Glad that we are getting Tama Retreat later as well, gotta unlock some Awakenings.

Maybe Sakuya could get me through Off Shot lvl 9. Also Twin Revival... But I am missing evo materials right now.

hermit7

A.Sakuya
Verdandi
Noah
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Kushinadahime
Izanagi

Shit. Have all the mats for Kirin, just need a bit more xp for Zho yu or whatever.

Next a fatty metal for uy and kush. Need a bunch of mats for verd but she will be around shortly. I forgot that she had gotten a second skill which is great, it was actually pretty important considering Bastet doesn't have as many skills as other leads. (Shiva mainly).

Have a Misato as well, but I am not sure if I will use him ever. I already have a bunch of orb changers for red that are tpa, and his bind awakening is only marginally useful with Ame released now.

FZZ

Banned
YtepEBC.jpg

Rixa

A.Sakuya
Verdandi
Noah
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Kushinadahime
Izanagi

Very nice... Glad that we are getting Tama Retreat later as well, gotta unlock some Awakenings.

Maybe Sakuya could get me through Off Shot lvl 9. Also Twin Revival... But I am missing evo materials right now.
Holy hell. Now Iam glad that I grinded one Green mask from yesterdays Legend dungeon :).

Verdandi art picture is still missing.

cw_sasuke

First Impression of A.Sakuya....very positive. Only played a bit with her but i already like her more than Ra. Apollo hits harder on that team than expected...but he is the most likely one to be replaced for a SBR sub.

Wondering if i should skill her up via Jewels now or wait for 2.5x skill up...hmm. I will probably wait.

quickmemo_2015-11-12-gsqg7.png

Holy hell. Now Iam glad that I grinded one Green mask from yesterdays Legend dungeon :).

Verdandi art picture is still missing.

Nice !!
I evolved mine as well - maybe you need to restart your app because the Art showed up for me for the start. She is lovely though. With her added skillup Awakening all my units are up on turn 1 now.

Rixa

Nice !!
I evolved mine as well - maybe you need to restart your app because the Art showed up for me for the start. She is lovely though. With her added skillup Awakening all my units are up on turn 1 now.

Heh didnt help :eek:. Both Verdandis still without art. Also your uevo Verdandi in my friend list is without art. They do work normally in dungeon tho.

razterik

He never had great art, although I'll miss his dragon sword. The flaming kick is cool, I guess.

Stat boost went to ATK, meh. And they made him healer of all things? Awesome ShivDra card, though. Guess RGB are all getting same awakenings.

2 turn shield isn't enough for Z8 cheese because his preemptive eats one turn of the shield and the skill delay is 2 turns.
It's enough. Preemptive eats first shield. First turn, do less than 6 combos and Z8 attacks you for 0 damage, eating second shield. Second turn, Z8 says, "Let's make it harder," and uses its orb-time reduction skill.

Stupid me, wasted 5 jewels evolving Gleaming Fagan for A.Sakuya instead of just feeding the one I already had and never use. Will wait for 2.5x skillups before feeding her Light jewels. So many jewels for all these new uvos. Don't know when U&Y got its CD reduced, but this is the first time I noticed it's down to 7. Uriel is a nice upgrade for ShivDra. He combos nicely with Ares by creating Hearts and enhancing them before Ares converts them to Fire. Funny thing, out of that list the only thing I can't uvo is Verdandi, because I'm missing a Dub-rubylit of all things. I already have all the jewels and evolved monster mats, but used up most of my Dub-rubylits making my second max-skilled ult Goemon a while back, and never replenished them.

razterik

Ah, you're right. I forgot he resets if you fail the first check. I should remember after abusing that sequence when I max skilled him, but I suppose I have subconsciously tried to erase that hellish weekend from my memory.

UmiYama just got his max CD reduced with this update. Also Sonia-type boards were all reduced as well, but don't need to be max skilled again.

cw_sasuke

I used up my Jewels and went 3/15 on Sakuya skillups and finished her off with a Py. I had 4 Blue Pirates in my box and went 1/4 on my first U&Y. Guess i will need to farm a couple of them to max skill my 2nd. U&Y - kinda hoped that i would get it done with the 4 copies i had. Well nvm...

Missing the Dub-emelits to evolve my Twins anyway...if i get the tomorrow i will take U&Y for a test drive.

I think i will just use Verdandi for the for Hera-Sowilo once we get higher +egg rates - a single TPA with 3-4 combos already hits for nearly 1.5 million damage. Her Uevo is actually quite the boost - then again the team is completely maxed.

quickmemo_2015-11-12-hds7x.png

Rixa

Force closing helped for my Verdandis to show right (it did download patch then).
Also beign stupid. Doing thursday daily and was getting awesome combo in boss floor. Instead "take screen shot" i pushed "close phone"... Opened phone again and PAD, my hits were not registered but It was enemy turn and I died :p byebye 50 sta.

Diodiablo

Banned
Hit a small milestone for myself today. I'm finally able to use My gods. I Wish i had pulled a masquerade guest inazaml, or pull a dmeta or better God/Multi Attr. Leader next Time.

Dude, you have two of the most powerful (even if clearly not newbie-friendly) leads there, together with a GRodin that can carry you along almost all normal dungeons. Why are you wasting potential in a Verche team?

Verche is a good(ish) sub for Kirin, but that team is not good either for him (you should push for a mono-light team there) or any or the other gods.

Dandte

Dude, you have two of the most powerful (even if clearly not newbie-friendly) leads there, together with a GRodin that can carry you along almost all normal dungeons. Why are you wasting potential in a Verche team?

Verche is a good(ish) sub for Kirin, but that team is not good either for him (you should push for a mono-light team there) or any or the other gods.

Every Time i try a kirin Team i fail terribly, brause i can't activate her leader skill.
Also no sakuya Friends, but i deleted Most of My Friends, they haben't played for 680+ days anyway, haha.
Will try to find sakuya friends and then learning by doing:)

This would be My sakuya Team

cw_sasuke

If anyone is still looking for a BFF Triangle....runnin Bastet/Verdandi/Sakuya/Sara most of the time.
Every Time i try a kirin Team i fail terribly, brause i can't activate her leader skill.
Also no sakuya Friends, but i deleted Most of My Friends, they haben't played for 680+ days anyway, haha.
Will try to find sakuya friends and then learning by doing:)

This would be My sakuya Team

Yeah getting orb trolled sucks but it gets better once you get used to it. Also with higher skill level and unit levels it also gets easier to survive getting orb trolled. Just try to clear the orbs you dont need on every turn..for Sakuya that would be dark orbs/heart orbs and for most of the time you should be able to active her leader skill. Training in Endless Corridors to get more comfortable with her is recommended.

With the Fire Carnival right now you should get Echidna if you dont already have her and try to skill her up down the line - her delay can be very helpful.

So many uvos, so few materials. I just need to evolve Zhou Yu for Sakuya. And of course I skipped masks yesterday before realizing they were coming, so U&Y and Verdandi have to wait as well.

J0dy77

After all the complaining we've had about being behind in content, Gungho is now rolling these changes over pretty quickly. I can't even keep up anymore with all of the mats I Need to evo. I need about 20 Rainbow keepers.

Well done Gungho.

Jagernaut

I ultimate evod U&Y and Misato (need those skillups, want to use for Awoken Shiva team). I have to wait on Verdandi because I need an Ancient Green Mask.

Horus now has no type restriction on his leader skill. I want Ra and U&Y to get the same boost so cards like B/G Sun Quan and Fat Chocobo get the full attack multiplier.

So are any of the FF collab dungeon drops worth keeping? I see that they have good stats for low cost but I don't know if it's worth the hassle/stamina/frustration to build a low cost team for a few stones (since we can run descend carnival for the boss drops)

Negator

0/10 on trifruit skillups. I'm very tempted to rage Pii at this point.

Cannot wait to uevo my UYs. They would add 1800 HP to the Skuld team and give the team 100% SBR, two of the team's biggest weaknesses.

jay23

Pii now regret later still hate myself for wasting some on ronia.

Messing around with kirin, getting 7+ combos is HARD.
Does everyone set up their board like this now?

With three vertical matches on each side.

I can get one half of the board done but always run out of time.

Jagernaut

Don't do this.

I used 2 green pys on Verdandi a while back and don't regret it. Trifruit farming and skilling is really frustrating. 1/3 chance of getting the fruits you want (usually get trolled and get only a few after running it all day) and then low skillup rates.

hermit7

Don't do this.

Eh I used 2 pii on nut after failing to finish skilling her while her rotation was up. Used one on set as well and don't really regret it.

It is easy to say use them only for awoken gods but if you're going to use them may as well utilize them as much as you can.

Does everyone set up their board like this now?

With three vertical matches on each side.
"Ain't nobody got time for that"

I'm not a great PADer. It's hard enough matching all the requisite colors while making TPAs where possible. Nevermind trying to create specific board patterns outside of dual-colored boards. Though I know the great ones are capable of doing so. Not so much for the average player.

cw_sasuke

U&Y is great, you guys arent worthy - his Uevo also makes him a kickass subs on multiple blue teams.
I know. I know. But if by the end of the month they aren't skilled up I'm going to rage hard.

The only saving grace is that I still need all three fruits.

How many skillups are left anyway ? I could see someone finishing it off with a Py if there is only one skill up missing just to be done with it.

Then again since you still need all 3 Trifruits you wont stop running the stage anytime soon. I would recommended holding out for 2.5 skill up rate for essential skills though - better than using Pys.
I used 2 green pys on Verdandi a while back and don't regret it. Trifruit farming and skilling is really frustrating. 1/3 chance of getting the fruits you want (usually get trolled and get only a few after running it all day) and then low skillup rates.
I still wouldnt recommend it - Py is just worth way more and i know that Negator has a bunch of green Gods that will need those Pys later and cant be skilled any other way. I am one of Verdandis biggest fangirls but max skilling her isnt worth Pys...honestly as long as you team up with a Hypered friend the Norns will be fine most of the time.

It worked out fine for you and you seem to have enough green Pys left that it doesnt bother you, so thats fine as well.
Eh I used 2 pii on nut after failing to finish skilling her while her rotation was up. Used one on set as well and don't really regret it.

It is easy to say use them only for awoken gods but if you're going to use them may as well utilize them as much as you can.

Using them on whatever units is fine...its just not recommended. Nut is a more specific case since she more or less needs to be max skilled to be really useful, also getting her skillup materials will be quite difficult before Water Carnival.

You can farm Verdandi skillups the whole year, thats a big difference... farming them a month when they are outside of the rotation and then use them on the next 2.5 skill up event and you will likely have her max skilled.

I would rather use a couple of stones for stamina to farm skill up material on weekly dungeons before using a Py tbh. Then again it also depend how difficult farming that specific unit is for you...Trifruit is a joke right now for me, but i remember a couple months ago i wasted a bunch of hours trying to figure out how to clear the stage with U&Y lol...the good old days.

In this case i am assuming that Negator can clear the stage without issues and doesnt need the maxskill as badly he thinks xD

Jagernaut

Running trifruits is easy for me but the pain of running it 10 times in 1 day at 50 stamina a pop and getting only 1 green when you can't use blue or red is real. I try to use only normal stamina and level ups to farm it, if you are willing to stone it's not as bad.

hermit7

Guys, don't be like that. You know you'll use him once just to test it out before never using him again :)

Unless blue teams get a better lead I don't see him being used much at all.

I uevo ed mine today, but even with his good awakenings blue really doesn't fit with leads.

Also he is tpa while all the blue teams are row focused.

He is physical now so he can be better utilized with skuld so there is that!

Top Bottom