• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Anybody have experience farming Legendary Seaway? Are the drops good enough for it to be worth running on weekdays? I'm really only interested in blue pirates (though kings and pengdras are nice as well).

J0dy77

Baby Tama awaken rate started at 20% then quickly got changed to 50% after people started bitching. They apparently stealth nerfed the rate back down to ~30% in a recent update.

Back to the reason I originally wanted to post, I can't say just how much better my PAD QOL has gotten after the change to a 5min timer. Being able to retry dungeons so quickly has helped me finally beat a lot of difficult time limited dungeons and increased my ability to experiment with teams so much easier.

This was such a needed and welcomed change. I've been beating my head against some of the tower descended dungeons lately going after spirit jewels and experimenting with a lot of new teams. Much more enjoyable now.

iosefe

Question: how rare is the Cursed Dragon drop?
Got a new phone but forgot to get my transfer, so my tutorial spin got me that

B2xaHTUCEAAkVUB.jpg:medium

ronpaulitshappening.gif
who is it?

I'm not far enough in the normal dungeons to farm for dub-mythlits, and Friday dungeon wouldn't give up another. BUT, this morning I rolled 10 eggs into the PAL machine and got one, so my Ares is now a furious variety!

I finally have a fire leader.

20 pulls got me a tamadra and some standard gold egg evo mats.

Can someone put up a Rodin? I'm planning on running Hera challenge mode with 3x Grodin, Rodin, 2x Kirin. Is there some glaring hole in this build that I'm missing?

colinp

Banned
I'm not far enough in the normal dungeons to farm for dub-mythlits, and Friday dungeon wouldn't give up another. BUT, this morning I rolled 10 eggs into the PAL machine and got one, so my Ares is now a furious variety!

I finally have a fire leader.

Congrats! I have fond memories of finally getting my first dub-mythlit and being able to evolve Kirin. I was over the moon!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
News at 11, im completely lost again :)

But to be fair i havent played much in the last months and just logged in for Bonus and pulled 2x on the DC event.

This game can be overwhelming, there are a bunch of regular and event dungeons making hard to evaluate the difficulty of dungeons without wasting stamina, which probably means you shouldnt do them...but still. Its like every time i log in there are 10 other dungeons added, i try one ( unprepared) and arrive smooth to the boss stage only to get destroyed.

I will try to get back at the game and re-read the teams recommendations i got from GAF earlier in the thread, lets go for a more systematic approach this time.

But to keep it simple for a 2nd, if you had this pool of monsters and would need create a team for the normal and technical dungeons - what would you go for ?

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/

Also have Wonder Woman and Batgirl/Batwoman from the DC event. The Teams i have been using so far.

Regular Team: Leader U&Y
Artemis, Manekimewdra ( for the HP and U&Y combo), Echidna, Moondragon D'spinas

Dark Teams: Leader Moondragon D'spinas
Persephone, Vampire Lord, Echidna, Dub-mythlit

Well yeah thats that. Wondering which monster i should level next to improve one of the both teams most. Havent had time to level up units like Artemis yes because i havent been playing much and even then i never get much exp feed material.

Also wanted to evolve Persephone, but even evolved she doesnt seem to be a better leader than the Dark Dragon, found that weird. Really need to make some steady progress from now on.

FYI. i reached Tower of the Seaint-Deep (Normal Dungeons) and the Twillight Woods (Technical) so far.

btw. On the wiki page monster descriptions - what is meant with the minutes next to the numbers of turn ?

Cool Down: 13 Turns ( 6 min )

Edit:

And also just a couple of minutes ago i awakenend the U&Y skills - i didnt knew before you needed Tamadaras for that. Will try out later if it makes a difference. Also saw on the Wiki that the Grape and Lemon Dragon i own have many skills that can be awoken....interesting.

razterik

Min in this case means minimum, or lowest possible cool down for the skill after skill ups.

You have a couple really great teams waiting for you. I would focus on UmiYama and Green Zhuge Liang as leaders. Subs to level: second UmiYama, Green Odin, Wonder Woman, Artemis, Astaroth, and Marine Rider. Maybe Earth Guardian eventually. Save Tamadras for these teams.

The biggest issues you are going to have right now are team cost and low levels. Five minute stamina makes those easier than ever to work on and removes a lot of pressure from failures. Keep trying to progress through normal and tech dungeons, but if you get stuck, focus on a recent comfortable one and rank up a bit.

Exp feeding is best done using super and normal dragon dungeons. Check puzzledragonx.com for times that match your group. Supers might be a bit tough for you yet, although the Ra in your box can help a lot with his active skill.

In JP news, the fat metal dragon dungeon is extremely easy with Rodin or Shiva for the final floor. Looks like the Valk super ultimates won't be much trouble after all.

smbu2000

Ooh, the new dungeon with the fat metal dragon is out. I cleared it on both of my accounts. It's basically 2 kings, 2 super kings, 2 kings, 2 super kings and then the new one. The new one has quite a bit of HP, so it's best to have somebody like Rodin in your party. Mine does about 22k damage each turn and I couldn't quite take him out in two turns (just testing as you can take him out quicker using solar razor with it as well.) I think you have to kill him in less than 6 turns or he'll do his super attack, 275k damage (from what I heard.) He doesn't even do consecutive attacks, so it was no problem with my Grodin leader.

It's very easy to get your skills charged on the regular kings. On my iPad I took him out quickly using my Eva boss (15k damage), Ra (7777) and Rodin. I used Lilith and Bain for the kings/super kings.

Definitely easier than I thought it would be. 99 stamina is a lot, but you do get 2 kings/2 super kings and the new one as well. Not sure how much exp you get from him. Now I just need to wait for my Valk! I wonder when the new ult. comes out?

cw_sasuke

Thanks for the help razterik.

Looks like I'll go for 3 teams then, because I don't want to give up the dark team xD

First off, i just played a bit on Tower of Giants and ranked up for the first time in months and to my surprise I reached the 50 stamina bar now... And I can see Zeus descended now, cool.

More importantly though, U&Y Awoken skills rock, I don't now what exactly happens when going for the 4-orb combo but the attacks are more powerful and seem to attack multiple enemies, that's huge. Before he always felt lackluster if I couldn't activate his skill but now the gameplay is more fluid.

Really feel stupid for ignoring the Awoken skills, they are the mayor differentiator for evolved version when I just focused on the stats before.

Next, haven't used Astaroth or Amon yet - but Artemis is cool, even unevolved on Level 6 xD Her skill is really nice and helps speed up boss fights as well.

Looking at all the cool Awakening skills some units can get I want to evolve all of them lol. Berry Dragon and Co. look nice with all available Awakening skills.

Makes me sad knowing how many Tamadaras I probably spend just for the exp they give instead of Awakening skills :-(

Think I will evolve Artemis first, she seems powerful. Also need to rank up in the future.

Guess I'm back.

So I just ran into a super annoying glitch. I went into Legendary Seaway earlier and went to look at something else on my phone. Apparently I closed out of the app at some point and when I opened the app again I wasn't in the dungeon and I had lost the stamina!

Jagernaut

So I just ran into a super annoying glitch. I went into Legendary Seaway earlier and went to look at something else on my phone. Apparently I closed out of the app at some point and when I opened the app again I wasn't in the dungeon and I had lost the stamina!

That's strange. I close the app sometimes in the middle of a descend so my kids won't mess up the run when they are playing with my phone. When I open the app later I'm always exactly where I left off.

That's strange. I close the app sometimes in the middle of a descend so my kids won't mess up the run when they are playing with my phone. When I open the app later I'm always exactly where I left off.
The only thing I can think of is I may have closed it while the dungeon was loading.

smbu2000

Makes me sad knowing how many Tamadaras I probably spend just for the exp they give instead of Awakening skills :-(
If you're using them just to get rid of the box space, you should consider keeping them in your mailbox. The ones you receive in the mail from Gungo ho, you can just keep them in your mailbox until you need to use them. Just don't click on them and they will stay in your mailbox. That way you can take advantage of them when you need them and they don't take up any space in your monster box.

It's much easier to remember which is which since the update which shows which mail is an egg (usually tamadora).

The ones you get from dungeons or wherever though are stuck in your box until you use them.

For some reason smb when I read your post I thought of the OTHER Rodin...
Well I do remind people of him...(yeah, right)
Or maybe it's just because I have 2 Rodins on my main account. ;-p

edit: Slightly P&D related, but my gf is getting me the Max Murai Lucky Bag (iPhone 6 ver.) for Christmas. Sweet! It comes with his leather case, along with all sorts of other stuff. I had been thinking about picking up the case by itself, but all the extra stuff thrown in is a nice bonus.

Max Murai Christmas Lucky Bag (iPhone 6 ver.)

Looking at all the cool Awakening skills some units can get I want to evolve all of them lol. Berry Dragon and Co. look nice with all available Awakening skills.

Hope you still have a couple of those TAMADRAs left since it seems like Gungho is a bit more stingy with the free TAMADRAs lately. I'm guessing you opened the TAMADRA mail and fed them away to clear box space? In the future, keep those mail unopened until you need them. Should be easier now that each mail has an icon showing what's in the mail (stone, TAMADRA, etc).

Also, don't spend TAMADRAs on the fruit dragons unless you're sure you need them on your team. Prioritize your U/Y and GZL team members.

The only thing I can think of is I may have closed it while the dungeon was loading.
I've had that happen once or twice to me where the app crashed when entering the dungeon and I lost the stamina and my helper without getting to play. Sucks to have to it happen with 88 stamina. :(

cw_sasuke

If you're using them just to get rid of the box space, you should consider keeping them in your mailbox. The ones you receive in the mail from Gungo ho, you can just keep them in your mailbox until you need to use them. Just don't click on them and they will stay in your mailbox. That way you can take advantage of them when you need them and they don't take up any space in your monster box.

It's much easier to remember which is which since the update which shows which mail is an egg (usually tamadora).

The ones you get from dungeons or wherever though are stuck in your box until you use them.

As said i was using them as an exp source primary, didnt know about the Awakening skills so it wouldnt have made much difference. But for the future ill keep them in the mail if i dont need them in the moment.

Hope you still have a couple of those TAMADRAs left since it seems like Gungho is a bit more stingy with the free TAMADRAs lately. I'm guessing you opened the TAMADRA mail and fed them away to clear box space? In the future, keep those mail unopened until you need them. Should be easier now that each mail has an icon showing what's in the mail (stone, TAMADRA, etc).

Also, don't spend TAMADRAs on the fruit dragons unless you're sure you need them on your team. Prioritize your U/Y and GZL team members.
(

Nope, didnt save up any of them, this only would have crossed my mind if i had known about the Awakening skills and for a long time i didnt have new evolved monsters, only figured it out one i evolved U&Y. Well better late than never :)

btw. Looking at the stats again, it seems like Astaroth has the better Awakening skills and i would be more flexible since she is Green/Dark - but she also costs more than Artemis.

Leveling in this game is really tough tough. Just to reach the first Artemis evolution you need 700k exp when Pengrdas and some better exp mobs give you less than 10k each. And of course you need the materials to evolve and after that Tamadaras for the skills. Kinda crazy...

Leveling in this game is really tough tough. Just to reach the first Artemis evolution you need 700k exp when Pengrdas and some better exp mobs give you less than 10k each. And of course you need the materials to evolve and after that Tamadaras for the skills. Kinda crazy...
Remember that you can evolve your pengdras, which will raise their feed value to 45k EXP. Once v7.3 hits not only will their evolution material be relaxed but the feed value on the unevolved versions will get raised to 10k too.

colinp

Banned
Well I do remind people of him...(yeah, right)
Or maybe it's just because I have 2 Rodins on my main account. ;-p

Eventually Gung-ho is going to run out of gods and goddesses, right? Maybe they'll choose famous artists at some point! I'd love to run Monet or Picasso, hah

cw_sasuke

Remember that you can evolve your pengdras, which will raise their feed value to 45k EXP. Once v7.3 hits not only will their evolution material be relaxed but the feed value on the unevolved versions will get raised to 10k too.
Sry, but what do you mean by "more relaxed" ? Yeah evolving Pengdras should be my goal, but getting plant and the Dragon to evolve isn't that easy right now, especially with the limited storage.

Sry, but what do you mean by "more relaxed" ? Yeah evolving Pengdras should be my goal, but getting plant and the Dragon to evolve isn't that easy right now, especially with the limited storage.

They only take one Dragon Plant or Dragon Seed to evolve as opposed to plants/seeds and dragons.

colinp

Banned
Update 7.2.2 is out on iOS. They changed the icon and splash screen.

I didn't know apps for RED was a thing. Weird. Managed to make an uglier icon but I suppose it's temporary. I'd love to see them give other Dragons the limelight sometimes.

ZeroAKA

I didn't know apps for RED was a thing. Weird. Managed to make an uglier icon but I suppose it's temporary. I'd love to see them give other Dragons the limelight sometimes.
Quite a few of my apps got an Apps for RED update. They'll probably change the icon back around December 7, if the other apps are any indication.

Top Bottom