• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

I just pulled Light Zhuge Liang a few days ago and now he is getting buffed to 4.5x atk for healers at full hp and his active will now heal for 10x rcv instead of 4x rcv. Wow, he also has double 2 prong so he will hit like a truck at 20.25x atk.

I just pulled Light Zhuge Liang a few days ago and now he is getting buffed to 4.5x atk for healers at full hp and his active will now heal for 10x rcv instead of 4x rcv. Wow, he also has double 2 prong so he will hit like a truck at 20.25x atk.
Yeah I'm excited about the buffs. Probably still not gonna be viable for a lot of descends because of preemptive strikes. Still, should be fun to try out.

I have both max skilled. 20.25 x 2 = 40.5 for 2 turns!
With a single 4 orb match both leaders will be doing over 100x!

Sadly I don't have Sun Quon yet. She's pretty high on my list of wants since I have U&Y, DQXQ, and LZL.

Doesn't he heal for 10k with plus eggs? Is that not enough for most preemptives?
Yeah, even the 7k unplussed heal is probably enough for the majority of preemptives. The real issue is dungeons with multiple or early preemptives. 10 turns is a long time to stall with a healer team's low HP.

J0dy77

Rant time... I'm getting really sick of the bind mechanic in every descended and the very limited ways to combat them. It is starting to feel like if you don't have Light Meta in your box or Isis your screwed on these bind dungeons. All other mobs are on way too long of a CD to be useful. With Mephisto you can't even try horizontal heal recovery teams due to no hearts and CD for heal orb skills.

I understand that the dungeons need to keep getting more and more powerful so the whales have a challenge and they keep people burning stones. But making it so that only a handful of select teams mobs can combat a major mechanic is just annoying.

Jagernaut

Rant time... I'm getting really sick of the bind mechanic in every descended and the very limited ways to combat them. It is starting to feel like if you don't have Light Meta in your box or Isis your screwed on these bind dungeons. All other mobs are on way too long of a CD to be useful. With Mephisto you can't even try horizontal heal recovery teams due to no hearts and CD for heal orb skills.

I understand that the dungeons need to keep getting more and more powerful so the whales have a challenge and they keep people burning stones. But making it so that only a handful of select teams mobs can combat a major mechanic is just annoying.

The binds suck but I think the Mephisto dungeon only binds gods, light, and dark (haven't tried it yet) so you could use Robin/Robin or Robin/Anubis and combo your ass off for the win.

linsivvi

Mephisto only blocks delay for 4 turns, so all you need to do is to tank 4 hits and pop Echidna. If you run out of heal orbs you can bring him down to 75% to force the bind and tank a couple more hits. You also get another free turn when it's under 40%.

Edit: Eh right, no heal orbs. Forgot what I said.

Thinking of working on a mono green team as a new project. Here is my green monsters. Any help appreciated.

AA Michael
Dragon Knight
Doomsday
Asgard
Ishtar
Freyja
Parvati
Wonderwoman
Green Arrow

I'm reading Freyja would be my best lead and that I should farm a Cu Chulainn. What other subs are must haves?

Alucrid

Banned
Didn't see him on any of the reroll lists, but I got an Avalon Drake and people seem to say that he's pretty good. Keep or reroll?

Didn't see him on any of the reroll lists, but I got an Avalon Drake and people seem to say that he's pretty good. Keep or reroll?

He's actually on some reroll lists, having the same play style to Artemis who is considered good. The recently announced loss of a way to skill his active up hurts but I don't think it matters that much overall.

His main downside is that prior to evolution, he only buffs God types, so you may have a bit of a rough time in the early game while you prepare Avalon Drake for evolution (which should be one of your first main goals in the game). After evolution he also starts buffing green monsters which will make him much easier to build teams around.

Quantum

Players Choice.

[Voting Period]: 11/19 (Wed), 7:00 PM - 11/23 (Sun), 23:59 PM (PST)

*Note to Users: Godfest Exclusive Gods are valid voting options for this Godfest.

More patch notes that I missed:
EX Metal Dragon Descended (a guerilla dungeon, not a descended)
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141120_kindra.html

5 floors, 99 stamina, Technical. King Metals and Super Kings will spawn in there. You'll need five EX Metals to super busty Valkyrie. nvm I misread, but you will need an EX Metal.

Pengdras no longer require metal dragons to evolve, just a Plant. Light/Dark ones just use Dragon Seeds. Unevolved Pengdras also now give 10000 EXP to same-attribute monsters.

Third round of skill tweaks finalized:
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141119_powerup.html

Too many to list but they're basically normalizing all the other monsters with similar skills as the ones already previewed to be the same. Also Solar Lazer now 7CD maximum, and all the Heras swapping their type and subtype. Guess we're getting a Devils only descended at some point

Alucrid

Banned
He's actually on some reroll lists, having the same play style to Artemis who is considered good. The recently announced loss of a way to skill his active up hurts but I don't think it matters that much overall.

His main downside is that prior to evolution, he only buffs God types, so you may have a bit of a rough time in the early game while you prepare Avalon Drake for evolution (which should be one of your first main goals in the game). After evolution he also starts buffing green monsters which will make him much easier to build teams around.

Thanks, I was getting a bit sick of rerolling, so I'll probably head this route.

linsivvi

Pengdras no longer require metal dragons to evolve, just a Plant. Light/Dark ones just use Dragon Seeds. Unevolved Pengdras also now give 10000 EXP to same-attribute monsters

I think it's 10000 xp to off color monsters.

Just did a very rough calculation and it brings the xp/stamina of pendgra village closer to super metal but still not as good, and of course king carnival is even more effective.

I think it's 10000 xp to off color monsters.

Just did a very rough calculation and it brings the xp/stamina of pendgra village closer to super metal but still not as good, and of course king carnival is even more effective.
Hmm. I eventually plan to run the TAMA Village and I'll need to farm Dragon Flowers to EVO all the TAMAs. With all the Plants and Seeds I'll accumulate, would it be more efficient to farm Pengdra Village to use them up or just sell them and run King Carnival?

Sometimes this game's egg-drop trollery amuses me to no end. >:D

I'm out of dragon plants having evolved a couple of monsters, so after playing a couple of dungeons in Normal mode this morning (up to Tower to the Sky, yay!) I decide to use my remaining stamina for a quick run through the Thursday dungeon to nab a few.

Here's what happened.

First floor: Two dragon plants and one carbuncle. Drop result? Carbuncle.
Second floor: One dragon plant, one dragon seed, and one carbuncle. Drop result? Carbuncle.
Third floor: Three(!) dragon plants and one dragon seed. Drop result? Dragon seed. At this point I start laughing.
Fourth floor is the static dragon flower, so you know the results there.
Fifth floor: Two dragon plants and one dragon fruit. Drop result? Well, of course I got the dragon fruit.

At least I got a dragon fruit.

linsivvi

Hmm. I eventually plan to run the TAMA Village and I'll need to farm Dragon Flowers to EVO all the TAMAs. With all the Plants and Seeds I'll accumulate, would it be more efficient to farm Pengdra Village to use them up or just sell them and run King Carnival?

Actually my initial calculation was a bit off. With the new evo requirements Pengdra Village will be a little bit more efficient than Super Metals but still less than King Carnival.

If you take away the requirement for feeding them to level 10 (from farming dub-topalits) and farming evo materials (from farming dragon flowers and fruits), however, it is definitely the most efficient.

The question is, however, would you be better off by just feeding all the baby tamadras for the 20% awakening chance instead of evolving them all? You will need to spend an average of nearly 75 stamina running Friday dungeon to get a dub-topalit.

Hige

At least I got a dragon fruit.
The worst feeling is when you're trying to farm dragon flowers and get a dragon fruit invade on the fourth floor. :(

The question is, however, would you be better off by just feeding all the baby tamadras for the 20% awakening chance instead of evolving them all? You will need to spend an average of nearly 75 stamina running Friday dungeon to get a dub-topalit.
Someone on reddit claimed the awaken rate for baby tamadras rate was about 40% (actual amount was like 38%) and said it was from a collected sample size of 1000+, but I can't find the link right now. It was two or three days ago. I'm at 13/26 with them, personally.

linsivvi

The worst feeling is when you're trying to farm dragon flowers and get a dragon fruit invade on the fourth floor. :(

Someone on reddit claimed the awaken rate for baby tamadras rate was about 40% (actual amount was like 38%) and said it was from a collected sample size of 1000+, but I can't find the link right now. It was two or three days ago. I'm at 13/26 with them, personally.

Oh really? Wow. That's good news. I'll probably not bother evolving them in this case.

Quantum

Oh really? Wow. That's good news. I'll probably not bother evolving them in this case.

I think its all hearsay - I've had great luck with baby Tamas initially, but I messed up and fed 5 to my haku this week (during 2x) and didn't get a skill up - which completely pissed me off because I thought I was feeding my last five regular ones.

I'm going to have to run tama village soon myself and trying to figure out the best way to do it - I think I might just evo them, 100% is better then 40% (if in fact it is 40% - which I have my doubts)

Actually my initial calculation was a bit off. With the new evo requirements Pengdra Village will be a little bit more efficient than Super Metals but still less than King Carnival.

If you take away the requirement for feeding them to level 10 (from farming dub-topalits) and farming evo materials (from farming dragon flowers and fruits), however, it is definitely the most efficient.

In regards to the Dub-topalits, I'm waiting for the next 5x technical event to farm Aither Desert. I got a couple dozen of them last time and still have 8 in my box. If I still have way more TAMAs then Dub-topalits, then I can decide whether to wait for more Dubs or just take a chance feeding them. But I like the synergy between farming TAMA Village, Pengdra Village, Thursday dungeon, and 5x Aither Desert for maximum efficiency. Dropping the Metal/Jewel Dragon requirements is great.

linsivvi

I think its all hearsay - I've had great luck with baby Tamas initially, but I messed up and fed 5 to my haku this week (during 2x) and didn't get a skill up - which completely pissed me off because I thought I was feeding my last five regular ones.

I'm going to have to run tama village soon myself and trying to figure out the best way to do it - I think I might just evo them, 100% is better then 40% (if in fact it is 40% - which I have my doubts)

Yeah the previous figure I read was 20%. The thing is, it takes almost 75 stamina and almost 30 stamina to get a dragon fruit and a dub-topalit, and then you'll still need a gold dragon. So if you can get about 5 babies with 99 stamina, wouldn't it be better in the long run to just feed it? Surely it might be frustrating with a cold streak but that cold streak could hit you when doing Thursday and Friday dungeons too.

Edit: Oh, Aither Desert. That sounds like a good alternative.

Quantum

Yeah the previous figure I read was 20%. The thing is, it takes almost 75 stamina and almost 30 stamina to get a dragon fruit and a dub-topalit, and then you'll still need a gold dragon. So if you can get about 5 babies with 99 stamina, wouldn't it be better in the long run to just feed it? Surely it might be frustrating with a cold streak but that cold streak could hit you when doing Thursday and Friday dungeons too.

Edit: Oh, Aither Desert. That sounds like a good alternative.

I tend to sit and do the math, spend time debating what I should do - then just burn stones.

So, while I can say 100% is better than 40% - getting it done might just be worth it.

I hit 149 stamina, so to really take advantage of tama village I'm burning stones anyway.

so hard not seeing that south park Terrence and Phillip freemium chart in my head.

Baby Tama awaken rate started at 20% then quickly got changed to 50% after people started bitching. They apparently stealth nerfed the rate back down to ~30% in a recent update.

Back to the reason I originally wanted to post, I can't say just how much better my PAD QOL has gotten after the change to a 5min timer. Being able to retry dungeons so quickly has helped me finally beat a lot of difficult time limited dungeons and increased my ability to experiment with teams so much easier.

In my rush to collect stones in time for the PC godfest I decided to take on Endless Corridor and...
VoTg8jv.jpg
I never beat it on my old account so this is pretty exciting. This was my attempt at a TPA team. Eventually LZL will replace DQXQ. Not a ton of utility, but should be fun to fool around with.

linsivvi

I tend to sit and do the math, spend time debating what I should do - then just burn stones.

So, while I can say 100% is better than 40% - getting it done might just be worth it.

I hit 149 stamina, so to really take advantage of tama village I'm burning stones anyway.

so hard not seeing that south park Terrence and Phillip freemium chart in my head.

Yeah I don't intend to hit tama village until I get to 198 (or 197) stamina. Don't expect to make it until Jan, so still a long way to go.

jay23

Players Choice.

[Voting Period]: 11/19 (Wed), 7:00 PM - 11/23 (Sun), 23:59 PM (PST)

*Note to Users: Godfest Exclusive Gods are valid voting options for this Godfest.

I have 130 magic stones saved up just for this.

Was last year top 30 monsters also? Hope I get at least one good combo leader.

linsivvi

1 non-event day after a 2-part event. Gungho really knows how to keep us busy. :)

*The Bounty of Harvests Event Part 1*
[Duration]: 11/22 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11/27 (Thu), 11:59 PM (PST)

With the changing of the seasons, a subtle longing for home is carried on the wind. And when we travel home, we take stock of all that we’ve been blessed with.

Let’s give thanks for the Puzzle & Dragons family--there’s 150 thousand of you on Facebook alone! Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

■① Daily Login Bonuses
11/22 - 11/27 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② A Feast Spread on the Table
The Extreme Rush events have all kinds of variety! Their difficulty makes for a spectacular smorgasbord of monster challenges.

11/22 - 11/23 - Extreme Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
11/25 - 11/26 - Extreme God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■③ The Pilgrimage
The TAMADRAs have traveled far to come to this special event! We’ve included a special gift dungeon for you to greet them once again.

11/22 - 11/27 - TAMADRA Surprise (Can only run once!)

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 11/22 to 12/1!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

11/22 - Izanami Descended!
11/23 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
11/24 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
11/24 - Draggie!
11/25 - Satan Descended!
11/26 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
11/27 - Mephisto Descended!
11/27 - Tengu!!!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
11/22 - 11/27 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

275 stamina for 3 baby tamadras :/
Same for me. I was really hoping for daily tamadra presents this event. I'm assuming the gift dungeon will just be one free one.

On a different note, will the player's choice godfest be the next one or is it gonna be later?

275 stamina for 3 baby tamadras :/
3 in 11 runs is a better ratio than my 2 in 9 runs

Same for me. I was really hoping for daily tamadra presents this event. I'm assuming the gift dungeon will just be one free one.

On a different note, will the player's choice godfest be the next one or is it gonna be later?
almost assuredly the next one

since PC godfest is so coveted, announcing it early (or delaying its arrival) just means a bunch of people not rolling in the godfest(s) between now and PC godfest

ZeroAKA

Update 7.2.2 is coming on Sunday. Is it the one with the Ronia busty?

Edit: Also finally decided to evolve DA Luci to D/D. I need more dark attacker subs though.

Jagernaut

Update 7.2.2 is coming on Sunday. Is it the one with the Ronia busty?

Edit: Also finally decided to evolve DA Luci to D/D. I need more dark attacker subs though.

If it is, I'm ready for the DTron and Satan ultimates but I'm still 1 red trifruit short for Ronia. I've been trolled for weeks with a lot of green and blue trifruits but very few reds.

Top Bottom