• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

*7.2.2 Update is LIVE*
It’s finally arrived! The 7.2.2 update is an important one, and for quite a few reasons. See below for a description of some of the changes:
- Android 5.0 Lollipop compatibility added, in addition to Kindle Fire HD 6 and 7 compatibility. For more details on this issue, see here: http://on.fb.me/1rf8VJo
- Enhanced Orb changes now receive additional amplification with every matching awoken skill
- Changes to Coin Dungeon text display
- Other bug fixes
The full list of changes can be seen here: http://on.fb.me/1xoFs1P
Update availability may depend on the device, please check your devices’ respective store after a period of time.
If you don’t see any changes in effect after the update, please try exiting the app completely and rebooting your device.

Quantum

without sounding too bitter, Gungho can fix compatibility on every server at the same time across the world but can't bring the United States to parity.

I don't understand the logic considering the game brings in over a billion dollars a year.

without sounding too bitter, Gungho can fix compatibility on every server at the same time across the world but can't bring the United States to parity.
The JPN PAD and NA PAD markets are different enough that it's probably more of a business decision than a technological hurdle. Plus, any bug/glitches can be spotted first in the JPN version so they'd only have to give out compensation stones to one region. :D

linsivvi

I wish they would tell you which dungeon you have already cleared on the coin dungeon screen. Right now I have to manually keep a list of dungeons that I have cleared since the only way to tell within the game is to purchase the dungeon.

ZeroAKA

I wish they would tell you which dungeon you have already cleared on the coin dungeon screen. Right now I have to manually keep a list of dungeons that I have cleared since the only way to tell within the game is to purchase the dungeon.
It's coming in the 7.3 update.

colinp

Banned
300 day bonus! Nice timing for Players Choice.

Just about all of the other Product Red icons are soooooo much nicer/classier than PAD. Oh well, just nitpicking.

smbu2000

My first plus 297 character! yay!

I'm 3/15 on skill ups so far. I have 15 more LChasers I need to evolve. Hopefully I can get the last 2 levels.

Now who do I got for next. DBastet? or maybe Rodin, or LHorus...

IMG_4164_meta297_zpse530674c.jpg

Hige

For some reason smb when I read your post I thought of the OTHER Rodin...
I always think of that whenever I read Rodin too haha.

My first plus 297 character! yay!

I'm 3/15 on skill ups so far. I have 15 more LChasers I need to evolve. Hopefully I can get the last 2 levels.

Now who do I got for next. DBastet? or maybe Rodin, or LHorus...
I prefer to boost characters that can be used as subs and leaders, so I'd say Bastet since she's a good leader and can also be a decent sub. Horus is a good leader too, but as a sub he's only used for mono red teams as far as I know. Rodin's useful for almost everything because of his active skill, but I don't know if he's a good leader these days? I don't know if adding an HP boost to his skill made him leader quality now.

Hige

Apparently they changed Izanami Descended. Not in terms of difficulty, but
That's great news! I only beat the dungeon like twice ever (no drops), but you always see maxed out Izanamis on JP videos doing Hera/God Rush. I'll probably start trying the dungeon again when the update comes to NA.

Does that mean you fight both of them or that you get both drops from defeating one?
They added a floor so you fight both one after the other apparently. Reflecting back on my previous statement about difficulty that probably makes one of the hardest dungeons in the game harderest :v

Jagernaut

They added a floor so you fight both one after the other apparently. Reflecting back on my previous statement about difficulty that probably makes one of the hardest dungeons in the game harderest :v

Is it really one of the hardest? I zero stoned it with Amaterasu/GOdin. Ama/GOdin and Lucifer are still viable (but slow) for many descends.

I did a 10 pal pull and got the last red trifruit I need for Ronia's ultimate but the new ultimates aren't in the latest version. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They only take one Dragon Plant or Dragon Seed to evolve as opposed to plants/seeds and dragons.

Wow, thats amazing.

btw. Played a bit more and farming Pengdras isnt as difficult as i remembered, only need a mono color teams and go through the first level of the technical levels. My fire farming team is especially nice, with the starter dragon and the couple of orb changers i have.

Also tried out Zhuge Liang, lol that dude is amazing. Screw Artemis for now, will evolve Liang first. So much damage with so little effort is just ridiculous.

But i really need to increase my team capacity - Artemis and Liang in one team take already so much. Evolved my Rider as well, and now he also costs more.

Finished all the challenge mode dungeons I could and came out with 33 stones. So I should have 8 pulls ready to go for the PC godfest, unless they switch over to daily tamadras (which I would e OK with). Hopefully I come away with at least one of the gods I want.

Tobe

1538765_958132640881995_3468912956516516469_n.jpg

EVERYTHING IS FORGIVEN GUNGHO, holy shit my favorite series getting a collab??? FUCK YES!!!

Calling it, REM monsters gonna be, Rei, Toki, Kenshiro, Mamiya, Bart.

im wondering if its gonna cover all hokuto no ken or just till raoh. man i hope toki is overpower as fuck like the fighting game :) :)

cw_sasuke

Eh so the PaD revelations continue.

So you can Ultimate Evo at any point once you reached the first evolution and have to it "manually" via Power Up instead of the evolve menu ? Well good to know xD
And i was wondering why the Ultimate Evos wouldnt show up for me. So they keep the level after the Ultimate Evo or go back 1 ?

Something else, i got destroyed a couple of months ago when trying Keeper of Rainbow. Odin seems to be recommended for the dungeon, would i be able to survive the dungeon with this team + friend healer ?

2014-11-25-10-31-34zeden.png

And does it really take 1 hour to do so ? If yes i probably wont bother since the drop isnt guaranteed.

Edit:

Nvm just went for it ...im already dead...right ?

Gaspode_T

I'm so confused, in Jpn game I was able to evolve Pengdras without any dragon mats at all (just max level and that's it...), expected to see more fuss about that if it was a change (or maybe it's just a bug on my end...)

cw_sasuke

And im dead at stage 2 - should have stalled for Odins skill in the first stage. Guess thats also why it takes that much time since you have to get the skill ready. 30 Stamina gone... -.-

Edit:

And again to waiting forever for Stamina to recover, they really need to get with times increase the stamina refresh rate. Not everyone has been playing the game since launch +100 stamina.

Eh so the PaD revelations continue.

So you can Ultimate Evo at any point once you reached the first evolution and have to it "manually" via Power Up instead of the evolve menu ? Well good to know xD
And i was wondering why the Ultimate Evos wouldnt show up for me. So they keep the level after the Ultimate Evo or go back 1 ?

Something else, i got destroyed a couple of months ago when trying Keeper of Rainbow. Odin seems to be recommended for the dungeon, would i be able to survive the dungeon with this team + friend healer ?

2014-11-25-10-31-34zeden.png

And does it really take 1 hour to do so ? If yes i probably wont bother since the drop isnt guaranteed.

Edit:

Nvm just went for it ...im already dead...right ?

Ults are just extra power boosts for your monster's final normal evolved form, some have only one evo till final, some 2 or even 3, it just depends on the monster. Lots of monsters have multiple ults and you're allowed to revert the ult into their original final form any time with monsters from the spirit series. Reverting an ult will some times change their awakens and number of them, if this happens the card still remembers how many awakens it had, so don't worry about thinking you'll waste tamas by reverting to another ult evo that had less awakening skills, the card still knows it has, for example, 7 unlocked but only 4 are available in it's current form so if you were go ult it back into it's 7 awakening form, all 7 would be there. You will still need to re-ult them using the listed mats every time, so try not to make a habit of un-ulting some cards.

As for if ult's keep their level, they do. Only an evolution using the evo menu will reset a card back to 1. Since you can 'freely' change between ults at any time, it's more like you're leveling the base card and the ult is a 'stance' of the card, if that makes any sense.

For Keeper of rainbows, try a zombie team. I found it worked way better as a newbie then an odin team, since Odin wants lots of HP, something newbies lack and a zombie teams wants as little hp some they do have.

I'm so confused, in Jpn game I was able to evolve Pengdras without any dragon mats at all (just max level and that's it...), expected to see more fuss about that if it was a change (or maybe it's just a bug on my end...)

Changed in the 3rd balance wave update.

Diodiablo

Banned
And im dead at stage 2 - should have stalled for Odins skill in the first stage. Guess thats also why it takes that much time since you have to get the skill ready. 30 Stamina gone... -.-

Edit:

And again to waiting forever for Stamina to recover, they really need to get with times increase the stamina refresh rate. Not everyone has been playing the game since launch +100 stamina.

Dude, you need to step up your game, even with Odin LS the level of your subs is too low. Before I got a decent descent team (no pun intended) I used to run it with a healer team with a Odin friend.

You seem to have made the Odin team as you would do a Resolve/Zombie team, keeping HP low to heal faster.
This works with zombie because the resolve skills are based on having a certain % of HP when the killing strike comes, with Odin you just need to be able to heal the damage that brought you below 100%, so if you have 3k of life or 20k does not matter, as long as you can heal the damage, which is 4440 for the KoR (after reduction).
Your team was doomed from the beginning, you cannot survive a strike like that with so little life and you do not have the RCV to full up again even if you could.

Could you post your monster box?

cw_sasuke

thanks for the explanation tiltnkirby.

Guess ill Ultimate evolve my top tiers as soon as possible if it makes sense. Also will have to figure out if i should go for Odin or a Zombie Ogre team for the Rainbow Keeper.

Dude, you need to step up your game, even with Odin LS the level of your subs is too low. Before I got a decent descent team (no pun intended) I used to run it with a healer team with a Odin friend.

You seem to have made the Odin team as you would do a Resolve/Zombie team, keeping HP low to heal faster.
This works with zombie because the resolve skills are based on having a certain % of HP when the killing strike comes, with Odin you just need to be able to heal the damage that brought you below 100%, so if you have 3k of life or 20k does not matter, as long as you can heal the damage, which is 4440 for the KoR (after reduction).
Your team was doomed from the beginning, you cannot survive a strike like that with so little life and you do not have the RCV to full up again even if you could.

Could you post your monster box?

I feel dumb now, i really mixed the Odin team with the playstyle i used for the Zombie team for the Wednesday and friday dungeons. Should have waited a bit before starting the quest, would have spared me the failure and the waste of stamina...well i was away for a while now -.-

btw. Here is my box more or less.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/

Diodiablo

Banned
thanks for the explanation tiltnkirby.

Guess ill Ultimate evolve my top tiers as soon as possible if it makes sense. Also will have to figure out if i should go for Odin or a Zombie Ogre team for the Rainbow Keeper.

I feel dumb now, i really mixed the Odin team with the playstyle i used for the Zombie team for the Wednesday and friday dungeons. Should have waited a bit before starting the quest, would have spared me the failure and the waste of stamina...well i was away for a while now -.-

btw. Here is my box more or less.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/

You should have no problem making a good team, but you need to level up your stuff. I find the Zombie Team uneffective for this dungeon, too much trash before the bosses, too easy to get hit multiple times. An Odin Team would be viable with just adding KoG to the team and a few healers (Echidna is a great choice because of her active, the Fruit Dragons have great recover and can make hearts in case you get trolled). Keep up the good fight.

linsivvi

Yeah you really need to put some serious effort on leveling. That's just no short cut. Farm Pengdras on Monday and the mats on Thursday. Do tower of giants on repeat during weekends to increase your rank.

You have so many options that can handle Rainbow Keeper. Any of your 5 dark mobs can be the leader of a mono dark team with a Lucifer friend, and it doesn't take long to finish the dungeon. You just need to properly level your mobs.

cw_sasuke

Ok guys, thanks - guess its back to leveling and farming exp monsters :-/

Any information when we will get the update where you only need one Dragon Seed to evolve Pengdra ? Shit is taking forever i mean 9K for one of them unevolved and i have multiple units that need around 700k till i can evolve them.

Not to mention the need of Tamadaras for the skills and farming evo material. But ill try to keep at it this time, first things first - once i have evolved Zhuge Liang, Artemis, Astaroth and Amon thinks should look better.

Funny though, im leveling subs for the U&Y/Liang but my no effort Mono fire team seems better because the orb changers i have there.

Any Gaffers still have place in their friend list ? Realized that i have just a couple random guys in my friend list.

colinp

Banned
Ok guys, thanks - guess its back to leveling and farming exp monsters :-/

Any information when we will get the update where you only need one Dragon Seed to evolve Pengdra ? Shit is taking forever i mean 9K for one of them unevolved and i have multiple units that need around 700k till i can evolve them.

Not to mention the need of Tamadaras for the skills and farming evo material. But ill try to keep at it this time, first things first - once i have evolved Zhuge Liang, Artemis, Astaroth and Amon thinks should look better.

Funny though, im leveling subs for the U&Y/Liang but my no effort Mono fire team seems better because the orb changers i have there.

Any Gaffers still have place in their friend list ? Realized that i have just a couple random guys in my friend list.

I'm running Lucifer and Kirin (but I guess you won't be able to see Kirin until you're a higher level, 120 maybe...?).

cw_sasuke

Thanks man, i send you an invite. If you accept you will be my first friend from GAF xD

My ID: 357,739.314

btw. You get to chose from 2 friend leader later on ? Thats cool.

Just mass friend everybody from the spreadsheet in the OP, most of the time people aren't picky about what level you are as long as they know tips from gaf.

colinp

Banned
Thanks man, i send you an invite. If you accept you will be my first friend from GAF xD

Added!

And, yeah that's something that was added in over the summer. It's pretty neat!

If you get tired of running that horribly boring weekend dungeon everyone recommends, try running the 25 stamina weekend coin dungeon with Grodin and a Bastet, Kushindahime or Isis friend. The exp is great if you just want to make a run or two every few hours (even more now that stamina regenerates so quickly) and not spend hours and hours on one dungeon.

You'll have to be careful and might want to use echidna to delay the boss level, but that dungeon was key to my enjoying the early level grind even if it may not be as efficient as the robots in this thread suggest. ;)

J0dy77

I tried to add you but you hit your friend list limit. Might want to dump a lot of the random players you have for the long term "Wall of Shame" Players here. We have enough OP leaders to get you through a lot of content and progress pretty quickly.

If you weren't aware you can run "Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower" over and over again on the weekend when it is 1/2 stamina without running out of stamina. This can take you up to a pretty decent level and should be a high priority as a new player, have to get your stamina as high as possible as quickly as possible.

Welcome to the thread.

J0dy77

The buff to enhance orbs is really nice. My Kirin team feels quite a bit stronger.

I havent looked at this change closely enough at this point. I may need to switch some of my party members around. Focus Kirin team around more enhanced light orbs, Horus around more fire orbs.

I think I'm in love with LZL as a general farm team. I'm running LZL, DQXQ, Great Valk, Shynee, and Echidna with LZL/Lmeta/Valk friend. Overall low level subs, though DQXQ is maxed and +150. I feel like once I awaken LZL this team will easily be KotG farmable.

Also, are we going to continue to see the older survey dungeons, or will they only be available as coin dungeons now? I really want to max skill my Echidna.

I think I'm in love with LZL as a general farm team. I'm running LZL, DQXQ, Great Valk, Shynee, and Echidna with LZL/Lmeta/Valk friend. Overall low level subs, though DQXQ is maxed and +150. I feel like once I awaken LZL this team will easily be KotG farmable.

Also, are we going to continue to see the older survey dungeons, or will they only be available as coin dungeons now? I really want to max skill my Echidna.

Oh hey I am using that team too. Yeah it can clear KoTG wit's decent success unless the game orb trolls you and decides to have sky falls deplete all your collected light orbs on the floor before Zues.

J0dy77

Anyone know why Pandora is considered so much stronger than the rest of the hero cards? I've been sitting on a max Yamato for a long time and never used him. I have a ton of row and orb fire changers that would probably work really well.

Anyone know why Pandora is considered so much stronger than the rest of the hero cards? I've been sitting on a max Yamato for a long time and never used him. I have a ton of row and orb fire changers that would probably work really well.

My guess is that Dark is unresisted damage. And Dark subs usually have a lot of utility?

Quantum

- Dark teams have been favs/common, somewhat easier to level so people tend to have more leveled dark mobs for subbing.

- as mentioned dark has no damage penalty.

- there are some nifty pandora teams that don't have obvious analogs with other hero leads. My favorite that I've been reading about = pandora/hanzo/hanzo/haku/haku/pandora.

- I'm not sure if stronger is the correct term, but one of the best farming levels for Exp (KotG) has a light boss and pandora teams can crush zeus for farming exp.

I guess Leilan/Chiyome and Karin/Hatsume would work just as well for their respective leaders. Though Haku has an extra row enhance so that is a pretty big deal.

Top Bottom