• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Thanks man, i send you an invite. If you accept you will be my first friend from GAF xD

My ID: 357,739.314

btw. You get to chose from 2 friend leader later on ? Thats cool.

Yeah, once you hit rank 100 you can see both leads of a friend, get ready for a leader explosion. I also sent you a friend code.

*The Bounty of Harvests Event Part 2*
[Duration]: 11/28 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 12/3 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)

The hues of life are colored rose, for the smiles and cheer that adorns each and every face. The feast has begun, and to each their own portion!

Share the love and give thanks!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
11/28 - 12/3 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② A Feast Spread on the Table
Delectable sweets and savory meats! Part two of the event features the delicious Poring Tower.

11/28 - 11/30 - Poring Tower

12/3 - RO ACE Collab (What is RO ACE?: http://on.fb.me/1rfiUnw)

■③ Friends by the Fire
A special gift dungeon for you all. Share a story or two and unwrap the present that’s inside!

11/28 - 12/3 - Seasons' Secrets (Can only run once!)

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 11/22 to 12/1!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

11/28 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
11/29 - Hera-Is Descended!
11/30 - Takeminakata Descended!
12/1 - Heracles Descended!
12/2 - The Thief Descended!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
11/28 - 12/3 - Rare Evo Materials

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Poring Tower in the middle of a survey dungeon :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hey guys, thanks for the invites
EWmof.gif

You Gaffers are really on a whole another level ( at least the ones i have in my friendlist) compared to the random friend i got - i fell like cheating now, love it though xD

And thanks for the recommendations, ill focusing now on ranking up and leveling my units for the next couple weeks and dont do many "experiments" for now, just isnt worth the stamina waste when it could be spend in ranking up. There are of course exceptions like the Dragon Events or farming needed Evo material.

Hit LvL 50 with Zhuge Liang and only need a Dragon Fruit to evolve him. Next up is Astaroth.

yami4ct

More stones! Was a bit afraid we were going to get Tamas for part 2. Looks like I'm going to have 4-5 rolls+ ready for the Players Choice G-Fest. Should be a great one. Might buy 1 more roll just for the hell of it if things go especially well/poorly.

Don't mind poring in the middle of the Survey because I don't have any real reason to run the survey. Went through it for the stone, so now I'm done.

cw_sasuke

btw. Will there be something like a Holiday/Christmas Godfest in December ? Or will it just be a regular Godfest. Dont know how PaD celebrates or if they celebrate the end of year in some way.

yami4ct

btw. Will there be something like a Holiday/Christmas Godfest in December ? Or will it just be a regular Godfest. Dont know how PaD celebrates or if they celebrate the end of year in some way.

Oh yeah, Christmas is coming up. Means that my one year anniversary of PAD is coming, too. Cool!

To answer your question, I believe Christmas will be just another event like any other holiday. Probably a 2-parter like this one with maybe some snow globe dragon presents thrown in. Could see them giving away one of those big new metal dragons or something crazy like that, too.

cw_sasuke

Oh thanks, thats sounds interesting - lets see if i can save up some orbs till then for at least 1-2 pulls.

colinp

Banned
Oh thanks, thats sounds interesting - lets see if i can save up some orbs till then for at least 1-2 pulls.

These days there are godfests at the end/beginning of every month and in the middle of every month. Presumably the Players Choice Godfest will be this weekend/next week, which everyone is excited to throw stones at.

Speaking of the PC, my my my how the (once) mighty Kirin has fallen!

And I still find it amazing that Yomi, who was my actual first pull way back in OT1 and everyone told me to drop and re-roll (I ended up dropping the game after a few months instead when I hit a wall, hah) has become so heavily regarded. Good ol' PAD!

cw_sasuke

Okay good colin, just thought maybe there would be an even more special godfest at the end of the year - you never know with PaD what is planned, so i wanted to be sure.

And about Yomi...yeah that was and is probably still is my most wanted for the U&Y team - rolled 3 times on the last PC and didnt get her :-/

Edit:

@raiot
Will do !!

Ronia, Dtron, Satan ults might be coming this week. Also got stuff for Boy Gacha and Legendary Hillside. According to UPC the armored knights might get delayed to next week.

cw_sasuke

Am i wrong or are the Mystic Knights used as Orb changers very rare ? Dont think ive gotten one of them since ive been looking for them.

J0dy77

- Dark teams have been favs/common, somewhat easier to level so people tend to have more leveled dark mobs for subbing.

- as mentioned dark has no damage penalty.

- there are some nifty pandora teams that don't have obvious analogs with other hero leads. My favorite that I've been reading about = pandora/hanzo/hanzo/haku/haku/pandora.

- I'm not sure if stronger is the correct term, but one of the best farming levels for Exp (KotG) has a light boss and pandora teams can crush zeus for farming exp.

The dmg penalty was the obvious one but why not WuKong then? He has the same ninja subs and orb changes to fit the team makeup (i guess the leveling ease is a good point). What I think happens a lot of times is that we get bogged down by these tier lists and friend lists are directly impacted. Everyone's friends list is filled with Ronia, Kirin, Horus, Athena, Lu Bu, so people dont bother spending time with the lesser leads.

I'm going to go hunting for other hero leads, the play style seems fun and different.

Jagernaut

Ultimate evo Perseus gets balance type and 3 more awakenings:

Extend time
Skill bind resist (already had one before, so 2 total)
Skill boost (already had one before, so 2 total)

Will all the heroes get the same awakenings? 2 hero leads = 80% skill bind resist.

I have Yamato Takeru and Sun Wukong, really want Pandora because I have good subs for her.

J0dy77

Extend time

Will all the heroes get the same awakenings? 2 hero leads = 80% skill bind resist.

I have Yamato Takeru and Sun Wukong, really want Pandora because I have good subs for her.

Haha, this was part of the reason why I asked about Yamato. I had a sneaking suspicion that we would be seeing their ultimate Evo pretty soon. These look pretty strong now, interested to see the stat changes and what the other sub types become. I've always wanted Sun Wu Kong for a no brainer clear of Friday Mythical.

Quantum

The dmg penalty was the obvious one but why not WuKong then? He has the same ninja subs and orb changes to fit the team makeup (i guess the leveling ease is a good point). What I think happens a lot of times is that we get bogged down by these tier lists and friend lists are directly impacted. Everyone's friends list is filled with Ronia, Kirin, Horus, Athena, Lu Bu, so people dont bother spending time with the lesser leads.

I'm going to go hunting for other hero leads, the play style seems fun and different.

I completely agree, but unless they start offering more than two leads per user you become sort of forced to use what is available. If everyone is running Ronia, you start to form teams based on her.

I rolled and was working on an andromeda team. I couldn't get enough people to friend me to make andromeda a viable farming lead so my priorities changed. I would love to finish my andromeda team but its definitely not my goal based on "herd" mentality.

I am trying to make a physical andromeda team and I've been using a Blonia team to faceroll most farming situations.

what I do plan on doing is finishing a pandora team to farm KotG as most of the teams I have now only have about a 75% chance of clearing.

my current, most used teams:
blonia/twin lev/hermes/blodin/seig/blonia - insanely easy team working on multiple subs
luci/blonia/haku/baddie/Lu Bu/Ronia
Pand/haku/haku/hanzo/hanzo/Pand
Lmeta/Sun Quan/WaR Valk/Enc/DQXQ/Lmeta
Andr/Blodin/Hermes/Blue Valk/ORO/Andro(or Blonia)

I think you first work on what you have as a priority, then you branch out.

I'd love to create and play with more teams, in different ways - but each new team takes months to level and learn - which unfortunately is time and cost prohibitive.

(I currently need about 58 Tamadra to complete my current teams I'm playing with/trying out.)

Jagernaut

Haha, this was part of the reason why I asked about Yamato. I had a sneaking suspicion that we would be seeing their ultimate Evo pretty soon. These look pretty strong now, interested to see the stat changes and what the other sub types become. I've always wanted Sun Wu Kong for a no brainer clear of Friday Mythical.

Perseus ultimate got +200 atk and a wood sub color so total attack is increased from 1244 to 1588.

What Sun Wukong team would you use for Friday Mythical?

Yeah, leader compatibility is why my personal tier list is based on popularity rather than raw potential. Even if they have symmetrical access to subs Perseus is never used compared to Pandora, Karin is never used even though she's Best Girl, etc

Jagernaut

I completely agree, but unless they start offering more than two leads per user you become sort of forced to use what is available. If everyone is running Ronia, you start to form teams based on her.

I rolled and was working on an andromeda team. I couldn't get enough people to friend me to make andromeda a viable farming lead so my priorities changed. I would love to finish my andromeda team but its definitely not my goal based on "herd" mentality.

I am trying to make a physical andromeda team and I've been using a Blonia team to faceroll most farming situations.

what I do plan on doing is finishing a pandora team to farm KotG as most of the teams I have now only have about a 75% chance of clearing.

my current, most used teams:
blonia/twin lev/hermes/blodin/seig/blonia - insanely easy team working on multiple subs
luci/blonia/haku/baddie/Lu Bu/Ronia
Pand/haku/haku/hanzo/hanzo/Pand
Lmeta/Sun Quan/WaR Valk/Enc/DQXQ/Lmeta
Andr/Blodin/Hermes/Blue Valk/ORO/Andro(or Blonia)

I think you first work on what you have as a priority, then you branch out.

I'd love to create and play with more teams, in different ways - but each new team takes months to level and learn - which unfortunately is time and cost prohibitive.

(I currently need about 58 Tamadra to complete my current teams I'm playing with/trying out.)

If you go to puzzleanddragonsforum and look through the team building threads you can find many people using less common leaders and send them friend requests. I've added some D/W Batman users from there.

Hige

This post covers the downsides of Wukong in some detail. It's a few months old but we do have Apocalypse in NA now, which is kind of like a Light Sonia, so that gap is bridged a bit. I agree there's sort of a self-fulfilling aspect to which leaders become popular, but being able to transition from other popular leaders (Ronia/Haku) into a Pandora team is convenient because it means you don't have to level a full team all over again.

I have a pretty nice Pandora team that I barely use anymore. I don't find the play style very fun. Needing 6 orbs to clear trash waves, storing orbs and losing them to skyfalls, and the need to keep multiple active skills on hold until the boss (such as Haku>Hanzo or Ronia>Hanzo) are issues I had with her. For example, if I'm in a pinch and decide to use Hanzo before the boss (because I already used Dark Valk), I can guarantee you Haku's active won't give me the 8 dark orbs I need when I reach the boss. -_- I usually use Pandora/Haku(and/or Ronia)/Hanzo/Dark Valk/Luci. Maybe if I had a second Haku and Hanzo to make the Pandora dream team I wouldn't have as many problems.

Quantum

If you go to puzzleanddragonsforum and look through the team building threads you can find many people using less common leaders and send them friend requests. I've added some D/W Batman users from there.

I have - (I have 140 in my FL now) - but when it comes to the ability to run the same dungeon 10-15 times in a row I tend to go for consistency.

if you do a PADx friends search for pandora leads and look at the update time - there are about 30x more available than for an Andromeda.

I would say I have a nice mix of leaders available for when I want to try hybrid teams, but truth be told if you added my blonia/ronia/Lmeta/pandora/haku leads they would represent >75%

Rekwest

Extend time

I just got Perseus from the REM i didn't know this was a good pull.

J0dy77

This post covers the downsides of Wukong in some detail. It's a few months old but we do have Apocalypse in NA now, which is kind of like a Light Sonia, so that gap is bridged a bit. I agree there's sort of a self-fulfilling aspect to which leaders become popular, but being able to transition from other popular leaders (Ronia/Haku) into a Pandora team is convenient because it means you don't have to level a full team all over again.

I have a pretty nice Pandora team that I barely use anymore. I don't find the play style very fun. Needing 6 orbs to clear trash waves, storing orbs and losing them to skyfalls, and the need to keep multiple active skills on hold until the boss (such as Haku>Hanzo or Ronia>Hanzo) are issues I had with her. For example, if I'm in a pinch and decide to use Hanzo before the boss (because I already used Dark Valk), I can guarantee you Haku's active won't give me the 8 dark orbs I need when I reach the boss. -_- I usually use Pandora/Haku(and/or Ronia)/Hanzo/Dark Valk/Luci. Maybe if I had a second Haku and Hanzo to make the Pandora dream team I wouldn't have as many problems.

Gungho has done a very good job with the Ultimate Evo's for cards that used to be lesser leaders. For me, Horus was the one and only leader I had for clearning anything for years. Now i've got a handful and I like mixing and matching them to the dungeon. Every team has their limitations and strengths, i just like playing in a different way. Loved the match 4 change when I got Ult athena as opposed to match 4/5 colors of burst leaders.

At this point, I would put a better friend leader option at the top of my priority list for game changes. They should also dump the really antiquated "no leader skill" when picking new players from your friend list. Let us build through the game rather than having to hunt for players in other places.

edit: side note rant, damn the spririt jewels are driving me crazy. Cleared Satan 9 times yesterday with no invade and 0-4 on Hera-Sowilo today. Really want to Uevo Ceres.

Does anyone know when the Player's choice will be? Hoping to get my 700 day bonus first.

Tobe

i just cleared wednesday mythical for the first time, went in with an odd team.

CaoCao lead
D/L Yomi
Uvo Gryps
Hanzo
Dtron
Devil Bastet Friend Lead

80% bind resist 13.5x multiplier(if combos are good) i must say devil bastet is super stronk. boss stage i just blew everything up, one shot them with 2 rows and 6 combos.

razterik

Balanced Perseus means the dream of devil Pandora is even closer. If they all have matching awakenings, she's going to be even more op than before. Glad I didn't bother with rolling for Chester.

When I rolled for a Pandora before, I got Yamato Takeru and Sun Wukong. I've gotten a Ronia and a second haku since so my team is pretty solid but damn if i don't want a pandora more than ever now.

ZeroAKA

Did 10 more PAL pulls and still got 0 gold eggs. I'm convinced that the rates for this rare evo event rate is lower than usual.

Ducarmel

I'm getting at least 3-4 gold every 10 pull, only problem is they are either dupes of useless mythical mats I don't need or gold non mythical.

whats the point of adding non mythical evo mats to the pall egg machine, they are easy to farm the only reason to pull on an evo mat pal event is for the mythical ones.

whats the point of adding non mythical evo mats to the pall egg machine, they are easy to farm the only reason to pull on an evo mat pal event is for the mythical ones.
Would you rather get more un-evo'd slimes and goblins instead of non-mythical evo mats? At least some of the evo mats are useful...

10731046_959351160760143_2243165121813741152_n.png

*Challenge Dungeons!*
[Duration]: 11/27 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 12/3 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)
A special new format has been introduced for the most competitive of Puzzle & Dragons players!
Consisting of multiple floors, conditions, and rewards, its unlike anything you’ve seen before! See below for details:
- The dungeon itself has ten floors, with stronger monsters appearing on higher levels
- During the event, gifts will be delivered by in-game mail when floors are cleared
- Gift mails are available only up to 12/4 (Thurs) 11:59 PM (PST)
-’Flampy’ and other monsters rewarded after Lv 6 are Enhance Materials that provide guaranteed skill-ups to monsters of the same Attribute when used in Power-Up Fusion

Rewards List
- Lv10...Badpy
- Lv 9...Shynpy
- Lv 8...Woodpy
- Lv 7...Bubpy
- Lv 6...Flampy
- Lv 5...Snow Globe Dragon Blanc (Max Lv)
- Lv 4...TAMADRA with ATK +3, ATK+3, RCV +3
- Lv 3...Queen Gold Dragon
- Lv 2...Queen Metal Dragon
- Lv 1...500,000 Coins

Notes:
*Dungeon levels may be attempted in any order
*The gift awarded is based on the level of the dungeon completed
*Dungeon rewards are only granted once per level, regardless of the number of times completed
*After completing a dungeon, it may take some time before the rewards are received
*Dungeons must be completed by 12/4 (Thurs) 11:59 PM (PST) to receive the rewards. If the time limit is passed while in the dungeon, the dungeon rewards cannot be received

cw_sasuke

The good, I evolved Zhuge Liang and he looks quite nice. The bad, in the future I really should check how much the unit will cost after evolving. 50 cost for him is very much, especially compared to the U&Y evo with less than 30.

colinp

Banned
The good, I evolved Zhuge Liang and he looks quite nice. The bad, in the future I really should check how much the unit will cost after evolving. 50 cost for him is very much, especially compared to the U&Y evo with less than 30.

Haha, that's an important lesson to learn early on! ;)

Top Bottom