• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

My new Waifu team (questionable with yomi on the end) ;)

ZIuwSj2l.jpg

So much time extension and damage without having to rely on actives.

I'm deciding if I feed beelzebub to yomi or sakuya. Tough call.

I need 2 dub-mythlits to evolve cards I'm planning on putting on my Urd team, and really about 6 for other things ready to be evolved. I'm now 0-6 on getting it to drop from friday expert. This game sucks sometimes.

*0 for 7. Going to wait for another 25 stamina for more disappointment. Fucking 175 stamina with nothing to show for it. This is the actual worst. I'm completely stuck until I can get at least one of these god damn things.

linsivvi

*0 for 7. Going to wait for another 25 stamina for more disappointment. Fucking 175 stamina with nothing to show for it. This is the actual worst. I'm completely stuck until I can get at least one of these god damn things.

Can you farm Starlight Sanctuary? Just farm it nonstop over the weekend for +eggs and you will get tons of dub-mythlits.

Can you farm Starlight Sanctuary? Just farm it nonstop over the weekend for +eggs and you will get tons of dub-mythlits.

I'm stuck on KoG. I can probably farm Goddess of Harvest. Haven't really played those in a few weeks. Thanks for the tip, I was planning on grinding OOH for +eggs and rank this weekend.

razterik

My new Waifu team (questionable with yomi on the end) ;)

ZIuwSj2.jpg

So much time extension and damage without having to rely on actives.

I'm deciding if I feed beelzebub to yomi or sakuya. Tough call.

Honestly would drop Valk for Dark Izanami and run a 50/50 L/D crew. She isn't helping your Light Kali board and usually you're using Dark Kali for the heal. Rather have the survival boost from the extra HP and shield.

J0dy77

Honestly would drop Valk for Dark Izanami and run a 50/50 L/D crew. She isn't helping your Light Kali board and usually you're using Dark Kali for the heal. Rather have the survival boost from the extra HP and shield.

Yeah I just threw her in there to play around. I was debating who would be my last flex spot since it can be anyone. I'll probably put dizanami in there, I'm even thinking about awoken Viper for the prongs.

Dandte

That's an old usage of carnival, currently those are called Gala and refer to the current color with boosted rates in the REM.

Fire Carnival is a dungeon under the Special Dungeons tab, the boss floor having a 50% chance for Echidna to appear. Drop rates are lower than appearance, but it's a good place to pick one up outside her own dungeon which appears rarely.

Mhm I only have a Green Sprite Dungeon atm, probably because i'm on the europe server?

This is my current Monster box without the evo/enhance material:

https://www.padherder.com/user/Dandte/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

Should i pull 3 times on day one or wait for the pcgf?

i would like to have Bastet, Isis, Both metatrons and red and blue odin

razterik

Yeah I just threw her in there to play around. I was debating who would be my last flex spot since it can be anyone. I'll probably put dizanami in there, I'm even thinking about awoken Viper for the prongs.

Trying to match prongs when shooting for 10 combos is pretty difficult. And in my experience, the more rainbow A.Sakuya goes, the weaker her damage output. But Orochi is really good for those times you need a long delay (I'm lookin' at you, Vishnu).

Mhm I only have a Green Sprite Dungeon atm, probably because i'm on the europe server?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Dandte/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

Uh, I'm not sure what's running on EU, but it should match NA for the most part. You sure you're looking at the Special Dungeons part under the Dungeon icon and not the coin dungeons? Like so:

Almost anything is going to benefit your box, so a PCGF is likely the best time to roll because most of the current best cards will appear together. I would wait.

Wait for PCGF. Bastet will for sure be in there, maybe Isis as well, but you'll also have all the S and A tier leads in there.

Dandte

Uh, I'm not sure what's running on EU, but it should match NA for the most part. You sure you're looking at the Special Dungeons part under the Dungeon icon and not the coin dungeons? Like so:

Almost anything is going to benefit your box, so a PCGF is likely the best time to roll because most of the current best cards will appear together. I would wait.

Yeah my box isn't that great, also most of my stuff is kinda old.

There is definitive no Fire Carnival :(

Wait for PCGF. Bastet will for sure be in there, maybe Isis as well, but you'll also have all the S and A tier leads in there.

Ok looks like i should wait for the PCGF, it is at the end of the month?

razterik

Huh. I knew the Descendeds schedule was different, but I thought most of the biweekly stuff matched between EU and NA. Maybe this is a consequence of EU being behind with survey dungeons or something.

Well, the Fire Carnival should show up in EU eventually. Sorry for the confusion.

Nobody knows for sure when PCGF is coming, but it shouldn't be too far out. They usually hit us with it before new things are added to REM and there's a couple new exclusives and a pantheon coming up.

Sweet, Light Insect Dragon will be in the next coin dungeon rotation. I've gotta farm Cuatons for Indra. Anyone else farm these before? How bad of a grind am I in for?

Sweet, Light Insect Dragon will be in the next coin dungeon rotation. I've gotta farm Cuatons for Indra. Anyone else farm these before? How bad of a grind am I in for?
I went most of the way, by the time I max skilled Rei Sirius from the boss I was one short from max skilling Indra from Quattrons. Took 2-3 rotations using idle stamina to get to that point.

0-8. This feels bad. Every time I needed one before I'd get it in 2 or 3 runs. Complete waste of a day so far, but there's nothing else for me to do. At least I only missed out on emerald dragon, the one I need the least, but sure would have been nice to farm some +eggs.

You could always run Mythical instead for a 2/3 chance, not to mention the booby prize of a baby tama is a lot better.

I've never ran it, not sure my team is capable. Here's a link to my padhearder is you think I can do it https://www.padherder.com/user/dr_lawyercop/monsters/.

I run Urd/Beast Rider Merlin/Harley Quinn/Fire serpent Hino/Flamie, trying to work on Gadius and Chiyome for a row focused team (hence the need for dub mythlits). Typhon is the team I'm going to transition too, but it needs a ton of skill-ups and levels.

I've never ran it, not sure my team is capable. Here's a link to my padhearder is you think I can do it https://www.padherder.com/user/dr_lawyercop/monsters/.

I run Urd/Beast Rider Merlin/Harley Quinn/Fire serpent Hino/Flamie, trying to work on Gadius and Chiyome for a row focused team (hence the need for dub mythlits). Typhon is the team I'm going to transition too, but it needs a ton of skill-ups and levels.
Oh yeah, oof, you don't even have the 99 stamina required to run it. You have stuff in your box that can eventually take it down but I don't think you can even survive the gear check on floor 3 at the moment.

Edit: nevermind forgot Urd boosts HP. But then you have to worry about bursting the bosses to death on the next floor.

hermit7

Oh yeah, oof, you don't even have the 99 stamina required to run it. You have stuff in your box that can eventually take it down but I don't think you can even survive the gear check on floor 3 at the moment.

Mythical is anly 50.

I don't think that you can do it quite yet either. Get some levels on urd and chiyome. Pair with a shiva friend and it will be doable soon. Use chiyome on floor 1 and sweep. Floor 2 stall as much as possible. You might need to use shiva and break their defense. (You might use Harley here and with tpa and a plussed shiva you can sweep.)

Floor 3 pop shiva and tpa as hard as possible.

Floor 4 pop urd and flamie tpa with 6 combos should be enough to one shot them.

Edit: nevermind forgot Urd boosts HP. But then you have to worry about bursting the bosses to death on the next floor.

Sky Prison is 50 stamina, is that the dungeon you're talking about? I'm rank 176, 104 stamina. I always forget to update the rank in my padherder.

My team isn't ideal at the moment. It got me really far, really fast, but I need to move from an all-attacker team to something else. Someone on PAD forum suggested a row build, so that's what I'm going for.

smbu2000

I cleared Challenge level 9 with my Kite team. Lifive and Nordis back to back are tough. I died like 3 times before clearing it.(twice my mistake)
I had to use my main attack on Lifive to one shot him and then a 5 and 3 dark combo was enough to take out Nordis.

Cleared 10 as well with my A.Ra team, but needed to continue some. LKali is really strong...

Cleared the new Heimdallr descend as well. No problems for my Kite team, but I had to stall out his 5 turn dark absorb.

Cleared it my second try on my iPad with A.Shiva. Messed up on Thor...my fault. One shot the boss.

Going to pull during the second half of the GF. Starts later today.

I have my A.Isis doing pretty well at over 200 plus eggs now. Still need a lot ATK eggs for her though...
Could use some LEVI friends in JP , no one here uses it?
I have a hyper Levi on my main account, but I don't really run him too often as I don't have many Levi friends.
My current settings are Vegito (slot 1), A.Ra (BFF slot) and Kite (active). Vegito is there as I have a lot of Vegito friends still. Ra is there, just because. Although I was thinking about putting my D.LKali in his place. I mainly run my Kite team. I can put up my Levi anytime though. (all are hyper)

smbu 253,070,175

Jagernaut

I don't have Kirin, but why would you run a half dark team when she doesn't need dark to activate? If you have to match all 5 colors why not run Awoken Ra?

yami4ct

I don't have Kirin, but why would you run a half dark team when she doesn't need dark to activate? If you have to match all 5 colors why not run Awoken Ra?

Dark Kirin is super popular in the Japan space. I have zero clue why. I think it might be in part due to A. Yomi?

coy

I've read on reddit that dark is popular due to the number of Time Extensions on key subs, namely Yomi and D.Kali. With those two plus Sakuya, all colors are covered.

You wind up with way more time extends, between A Yomi and D Kali. In addition, you won't end up destroying your heart supply when you board change. If you're good enough to hit a high combo count while matching all colors, she's basically a Ra that doesn't require skill activations to deal huge damage. I tried out the team yesterday. It's fun, but really tough to play. I can totally see why you'd want to use it over the light version of Sakuya, at any rate.

hermit7

Dark is used for the higher stats including hp and the like.

I am not sure if there is a significant difference in damage though I have heard it is more consistent on arena compared to the light variation.

I'm planning to use a dark Kirin team, at least to try out. DKali, AYomi, Izanami, and Okuni is my current plan. Damage numbers can get pretty big, and with 8 seconds to move orbs, 7 or 8 combos is usually doable for me.

I may still commit to using shynpys on Elia and building a light team though. We'll see.

J0dy77

I'll be rolling day 1. I need an isis

Right there with you. Really want isis. Probably my most wanted card right now.

Dark Kirin is super popular in the Japan space. I have zero clue why. I think it might be in part due to A. Yomi?

I've read on reddit that dark is popular due to the number of Time Extensions on key subs, namely Yomi and D.Kali. With those two plus Sakuya, all colors are covered.

I've been testing out the new kirin all day today. She has a ton of potential but is extremely hard.

Few things I've noticed and why I plan on sticking with dark. When your goal is matching 10 every turn you need to clear the entire board and that is going to include dark. Dark cards like yomi and d.kali are two of the best in game. Having d.kali gives me a guaranteed multiplier board and yomi gives extra damage and makes sure I maximize the board with the 5 second active. Plus another 2.5 seconds to match between the two.

If you're only hitting 7 combos with this team the damage is very underwhelming but takes a huge jump at the 8 and 9 tier. That extra time is crucial.

I would love to see some numbers on how apollo and Valk would stand vs a dark team. When does the extra light match vs total combos on a dark team compare in damage.

linsivvi

At this point it's probably more important for you to level and skill up your fire monsters. Take advantage of fire carnival and work on your Echidna and Chiyome. Also, Giga is a farmable natural fit for Urd and is very easy to max skill. You can get it to drop from Athena descended.

You probably won't be able to do Friday mythical with your team unless your monsters are at max skills. My safe team for that dungeon is double Red Odin with Urd, Giga, Echidna and whatever for max row carnage and enough hp to tank a hit at floor 2. You probably can do the same with Urd lead and a Red Odin friend, but you will need to work on your monsters first.

Yea so about challenge level 9...

It's really really hard. Double awoken Ra (both max skilled), castle Kali (not yet max skilled but max awoken), max skilled and awoken L meta, Izanagi (max awoken 1-off max skill), and GZL (max awoken almost max skill).

The biggest risks with this team was orb troll on floor 1 and floor four. Oh and the entire grab Sonia battle.

I ended up getting her down to almost nothing and barely did it

At this point it's probably more important for you to level and skill up your fire monsters. Take advantage of fire carnival and work on your Echidna and Chiyome. Also, Giga is a farmable natural fit for Urd and is very easy to max skill. You can get it to drop from Athena descended.

You probably won't be able to do Friday mythical with your team unless your monsters are at max skills. My safe team for that dungeon is double Red Odin with Urd, Giga, Echidna and whatever for max row carnage and enough hp to tank a hit at floor 2. You probably can do the same with Urd lead and a Red Odin friend, but you will need to work on your monsters first.

Thanks. My Giga is close to max skill but still needs levels, I had planned to run fire carnival tomorrow on 2x, but my chiyome is at max level and needs to be evolved. I guess I could hoard skill up material but then I'd have to buy more space. I'm 0-11 now I think on dub mythlits. One more shot and then it's up to starlight sanctuary tomorrow. I might yolo roll godfest because this game owes me something for my frustration today.

Negator

Farmed the friday dungeon for Angelits. Walked out of Friday with 2 L. Kali skillups and 12 more Devilits. Damn.
Now I REALLY need to roll a D. Kali or Satsuki just to unload all these things!

Top Bottom