• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Since i'm having really fun i decided to step away from f2p. Well no Meta or isis:( i forgot My horrible gatcha luck:
Very nice haul :eek:
Satsuki should let you steamroll many quests with the right subs. So will GZL once we get his buff. Uriel and Leilan will be top tier subs in a Fire Row squad as well.

Sucks that you aren't on US servers... I need more Sumire friends.
I GOT BASTET ON MY LAST ROLL!

I FINALLY GOT HER!
Finally man... The fight is over I'm happy for you. Bastet is great.

Very nice haul :eek:
Satsuki should let you steamroll many quests with the right subs. So will GZL once we get his buff. Uriel and Leilan will be top tier subs in a Fire Row squad as well.

Sucks that you aren't on US servers... I need more Sumire friends.

Finally man... The fight is over I'm happy for you. Bastet is great.

Yep. Been using her paired with my verdandi forever. Will post my team soon. I pulled 9 times.

1.Leilan(Dupe)
2.Hermes(Dupe)
3.Chiyome(Dupe)
4.Basilisk(silver)
5.Sadalmelik
6.Mitsuki
7.Kano
8.FA Luci(Been wanting him)
9.Bastet

After months of rolling and hundreds of stones saved the battle is over. No regrets.

Rixa

@CountAntonius
^^ Gratz for super pull :). Bestcat is avoiding me and as catperson I would like to have one ;).

My 2 pulls:
- Dino Rider (gala)
- WDS (dupe)

Instant 3k mp from wds. Dino Rider could be sub for my A.Shiva but I already have:
- Harbinger Leilan
- Leilan
- Chiyome
- Cao Cao (R/G)
- FD Uriel
- LRD Gadius
- Kagutscuchi
- Ares / Laila / Mitsuki / Strawberry Dragon + more rem fire junks.

As expected these 2 pulls didnt offer much to me also, one more 5k mp unit to be in my box.

In other news, fed 5 Angelits to my Lkali (didnt remember they skill up her), got one skill up so its now level 3.

Rixa

Trash cleaning time.
Screenshot_2015-11-14-10-56-04.png
If I havent used them so far. Chances for me using them later are small. Some dupes sold (Snow White, Avalon Drake, Mitsuki).

Wazzy

Banned
I've done one pull and got Thuban, is he any good?

I might try one more pull since I'm assuming this event is the best time for units?

yami4ct

I might try one more pull since I'm assuming this event is the best time for units?

Situationally useful. Right now, he's decent on Yamato and Gadius squads. Row based Krishna squads can use him as well, but most Krishna squads are TPA based. He'll be much more useful when his skill-up dragon comes later down the line. I could also see him getting play when the Hero gods like Yamato get Awoken evolutions. At that point, Row based teams could become more in vogue again.

Rixa

Blazing CyberDragon, Thuban? Might be ok sub for Fire teams, not leader material now.
I would assume and hope that "Cyber Dragon Series" will get evo versions in some point (I have Water & Light dragons from that series).

Wazzy

Banned
Situationally useful. Right now, he's decent on Yamato and Gadius squads. Row based Krishna squads can use him as well, but most Krishna squads are TPA based. He'll be much more useful when his skill-up dragon comes later down the line. I could also see him getting play when the Hero gods like Yamato get Awoken evolutions. At that point, Row based teams could become more in vogue again.

Blazing CyberDragon, Thuban? Might be ok sub for Fire teams, not leader material now.
I would assume and hope that "Cyber Dragon Series" will get evo versions in some point (I have Water & Light dragons from that series).
Okay cool thanks guys! I'm hoping to pair off with my Squall so I was happy he's a fire unit xD

Any units in paticular I should look out for if I do any more pulls?(or rather two pulls since that's all I have left for lol) just so I know which is the most valuable!

yami4ct

Okay cool thanks guys! I'm hoping to pair off with my Squall so I was happy he's a fire unit xD

Any units in paticular I should look out for if I do any more pulls?(or rather two pulls since that's all I have left for lol) just so I know which is the most valuable!

Thuban would be an OK sub for Squall, but you might actually generate too many fire orbs to max your combo out for his multiplier. His rows won't help you all that much either. Pairing Squall with a Yamato or Krishna friend could do well for you in that case, though.

Units you should be looking for in particular are the standard red favorites. Look for Shiva, Urd, Leilan, Red Valkyrie, Set, Hino-Kagutsuchi and maybe Red Odin, Freyr, Yamato or Krishna.

Squall isn't going to be a great long term lead, but he'll transition well to a sub for a Krishna, Urd or Shiva team. Right now, I think the key for you will be looking for a leader you can invest in long term.

smbu2000

Pulled 3 times on my iPad and picked up: Light Wee Jas (just after the FotN collab end! ;_;), Famiel (looks okay after the new 3 TPA uevo) and Dragon Samurai (#3, meh). Not too bad overall.

Pulled twice on my iPhone: Mei Mei (#2, nice dupe) and Perseus (my first one, now I'm only missing Sun Wukong from the Heroes series). Overall happy with what I pulled.

Tested my work in progress A.Ra team by buying Hera Rush from the coin dungeon (half off during the current event!) and managed to S rank it, even though I spent those 10 turns stalling on Beorc. Forgot about that...

Planning on giving LKali #2 a rainbow damage reduction latent awakening, which is why she only has 1 dark one at the moment. Ra, DLKali and LKali #1 all have dark damage reduction ones, so I was able to survive Hera's preemptive attack without using any skills.

J0dy77

Three pulls chasing isis and bestcat.

Set -nice/new
Dragon samurai - dupe and could be the worst rem card these days
Set- ummmmm

Pulled a Leilan. I guess I'll throw her on my Tsubaki haste team. Right now it looks like Gadius, Minerva, Leilan, and then either Ares or a second Gadius. She'd also fit really well on my Krishna team.

xCobalt

What have people been using for their Shiva team? My subs are currently Echidna, Awoken Leilan, Misato and Kopis. Having Kopis + 2 skill haste works pretty well as I can his skill twice in a row. Was thinking of replacing Echidna with Ultimate Set but his active skill has a rather long cooldown. The only other decent subs I have are chibi Cao Cao, Squall and Dino Rider.

Rixa

^^ Sadly I dont have answer to your question, my A.Shiva team is still in status "Work in progress". Same goes to my A.Lakshmi team, which prolly will be this:

Muse away and Orochi in, I need one Water Jewel for A.Orchi, otherwise I have materials for uevo.

J0dy77

What's everyone thoughts on lu bu these days? I have 141 eggs wasting away on him and a non leveled dupe in my box. Thinking of feeding him to yomi.

Couldn't resist isis and best cat. Threw my last two pulls, kagetsuchi and riding hood(dupe). Happy about the kagetsuchi. Really thinking of selling everything I can for shiva dragon next cycle.

J0dy77

What have people been using for their Shiva team? My subs are currently Echidna, Awoken Leilan, Misato and Kopis. Having Kopis + 2 skill haste works pretty well as I can his skill twice in a row. Was thinking of replacing Echidna with Ultimate Set but his active skill has a rather long cooldown. The only other decent subs I have are chibi Cao Cao, Squall and Dino Rider.

You want the optimal orb changers for mono red teams. Ares is the SS rank, Yamato, red Valk, urd, Cao Cao are all good fits passed that. Awoken uriel is going to be beast as well.

coy

Grats Count!

I'll be waiting til tomorrow to pull in hopes of Vishnu, Kaede, or Satsuki. My last godfest was spectacularly bad so who knows how this will go. Here's hoping PCGF voting is available soon after this event as I wanna see where the playerbase is at currently (not high hopes admittedly).

Edit:
What's everyone thoughts on lu bu these days? I have 141 eggs wasting away on him and a non leveled dupe in my box. Thinking of feeding him to yomi.

Couldn't resist isis and best cat. Threw my last two pulls, kagetsuchi and riding hood(dupe). Happy about the kagetsuchi. Really thinking of selling everything I can for shiva dragon next cycle.
With the use of Devil teams on the decline, it makes Lu Bu less appealing as an option. I've done what you are considering for less +eggs in the past. And +eggs can be accumulated much quicker than before even if it can be a chore. Also 10x when? The inevitable Awoken form will come but who knows when that'll be - if Archdemons get something good (rows on rows), that may bring Lu Bu and the Devils back in vogue.

LuffyZoro

So, this morning I realized I was about to be at full stamina, so I entered Final Fantasy Mythical (which I have repeatedly failed at) to burn some off. Imagine my surprise when I not only beat it, but S-ranked it! Since I felt so lucky, I decided to have a go at the REM and got... a dupe Shiva. While it's not a bad roll by any means, is there a place for two Shivas on an A.Shiva team?

zoku88

100% gold rate, and yet disappointed

Red Knight, Nim
Yamato Takeru (dupe) -- Maybe useful if i had Shiva dragon?
Ceres -- I guess i needed a green cleric
Sanada Yukimura (dupe)
Yamato Takeru (dupe) --uhmm
Zuoh -- I don't think I have much use for him, maybe for awoken bastet where some enemy changes the full board to poison :S

yami4ct

Anyone keep Awoken Kirin up regularly on the PAD JP server? My current A. Kirin Best Friend hasn't logged in for 24 hours and I'd like another as a backup.

razterik

While it's not a bad roll by any means, is there a place for two Shivas on an A.Shiva team?

Nope. He has a few very limited uses as max skill when not in Awoken form, like Tamadra farming, but it's better to just sell the dupe for MP.

Anyone keep Awoken Kirin up regularly on the PAD JP server? My current A. Kirin Best Friend hasn't logged in for 24 hours and I'd like another as a backup.

She's always in my second slot.

yami4ct

I suck at this game so I prefer Awoken Ra to Awoken Kirin.

I'm using Kirin on my JP side and Ra on my US side. There are tradeoffs. Ra is way way easier to burst if you have the full suite of Kalis and Isis. Kirin, on the other hand, scales way better for longer dungeons where you don't have abilities to pop. It helps that her 25x only takes 4 colors to pop and she gets way stronger if you can get 2+ extra combos, which isn't all that hard. She's harder to burst with though. I'm focusing on her for my JP side because while I have the 2x L. Kali, I don't have D. Kali and Isis on that side which I think really holds an A. Ra squad back.

She's always in my second slot.

Best Friended you! It's nice to have another one always available since she's really my only usable team right now.

razterik

Glad to help. I'll finish max skilling her soon, provided light jewel luck is with me. Usually running the Shivas in my other slots, but I do have a smattering of other leads.

yami4ct

Cool. I hopefully will be able to Awaken my Kirin soonish. I'm going to A.Evo my Susano this week and I'm thinking that will be enough to allow me to finally pick up a Fagan. Then I just need 2 more Light jewels and a Fire and I'll be there. Those shouldn't be too hard to pick up. I've got a bunch of Light pys sitting around as well, so I'm thinking I might as well just max skill her at that point too.

So I'm a dummy.

I used Tasker to help automate the deleting of data048.bin when I was constantly rerolling.

Accidentally ran it and just blew away DQXQ. Only been playing a few days so not terrible.

Lesson learned: setup the data migration to protect my account, and delete my tasker app once I roll Isis (or Horus or Bastet? Just looking at Godfest bonuses.. I assume I should be aiming for one of those 3? How would you rank them for a new player?) today as my new starter.

heh

:|

yami4ct

Is Dark Courier Kurone worth keeping at all?

Thinking about selling it for monster points. Want a few Tamadras.

The sticker girls are situationally useful. There are some minor things they do well, especially if you max skill them when the collab dungeons with their SU mats roll around. They aren't killer and you could easily sell them in the end.

I would recommend against using MP for Tamas. Tamas have incredibly little value. You're better off saving a free stone or two and running Tama village when it comes around (Which should be fairly soon). If you're having trouble with it, take a Ra friend and save the active for the last floor, The dungeon becomes dead easy at that point.

jay23

1/14 on cao cao skill ups thankfully I only need 2 more.

Skipping this GF really hope we get something special for pcgf, chances are I'll have a lot of the monsters voted in.

It's really really hard. Double awoken Ra (both max skilled), castle Kali (not yet max skilled but max awoken), max skilled and awoken L meta, Izanagi (max awoken 1-off max skill), and GZL (max awoken almost max skill).

The biggest risks with this team was orb troll on floor 1 and floor four. Oh and the entire grab Sonia battle.

I ended up getting her down to almost nothing and barely did it

I'm gonna skip level 9 for now I can't beat it in the regular challenges there's no way I have a chance without awakenings.

bjork

Was running 15 and 25 Final Fantasy before bed. Ranked up, so that got me a few more runs. On the last run of the day, Kefka finally dropped. His cool down is super long, but I'm just glad to know his drop on a lower difficulty isn't impossible. Yay me

So I'm a dummy.

I used Tasker to help automate the deleting of data048.bin when I was constantly rerolling.

Accidentally ran it and just blew away DQXQ. Only been playing a few days so not terrible.

Lesson learned: setup the data migration to protect my account, and delete my tasker app once I roll Isis (or Horus or Bastet? Just looking at Godfest bonuses.. I assume I should be aiming for one of those 3? How would you rank them for a new player?) today as my new starter.

heh

Ended up rolling Bastet on first reroll heh. I'll take it.

hermit7

So I'm a dummy.

heh

They are all good leads and Isis is an excellent sub later on. Bastet has the most potential late game while Isis is the best for a beginner. Horus is in the middle of those.

They are all definitely keep able.

The Indian gods are good subs but as leads are outclassed nowadays.

Tomorrow is a good day to roll as well. The Chinese gods are great leads early on and as subs are unmatched IMO.

The sticker girls are situationally useful. There are some minor things they do well, especially if you max skill them when the collab dungeons with their SU mats roll around. They aren't killer and you could easily sell them in the end.

I would recommend against using MP for Tamas. Tamas have incredibly little value. You're better off saving a free stone or two and running Tama village when it comes around (Which should be fairly soon). If you're having trouble with it, take a Ra friend and save the active for the last floor, The dungeon becomes dead easy at that point.

Just want to get my Perseus, Lu Bu, and Lei Bei fully awakening'd.

I totally forgot about the Tamadra Villages. I'll wait for them.

And just to clarify from everyone: for my Bastet account I should be rolling tomorrow to try and get Verdandi right? That's an ideal drop right? Should I sink everything I got to try and get it, or should I be saving anything for the Players Choice Godfest?

hermit7

And just to clarify from everyone: for my Bastet account I should be rolling tomorrow to try and get Verdandi right? That's an ideal drop right? Should I sink everything I got to try and get it, or should I be saving anything for the Players Choice Godfest?

Rolling tomorrow is not a bad choice. It has meimei as well who is an ideal sub for Bastet teams. Another ideal sub is Vishnu who is available tomorrow. If you're ok with those as options go for it.

Negator

Meimei, Vishnu, and Verdandi (and Kaede) are all amazing Bastet subs. The only thing that sucks is the red gala polluting the list. I think specifically for Bastet, there are few godfests better than this one. I wouldn't rely on PCGF honestly.

Rolling tomorrow is not a bad choice. It has meimei as well who is an ideal sub for Bastet teams. Another ideal sub is Vishnu who is available tomorrow. If you're ok with those as options go for it.

Meimei, Vishnu, and Verdandi (and Kaede) are all amazing Bastet subs. The only thing that sucks is the red gala polluting the list. I think specifically for Bastet, there are few godfests better than this one. I wouldn't rely on PCGF honestly.

Alright sounds good I'll be dropping stones tomorrow. I'm away from that tablet right now but I'm pretty sure I have enough to get 7 or 8 pulls. Hopefully I have good luck.

Once they started running Tama Village regularly, the value of Tamas reduced to practically zero. You'll be shocked at how quickly and cheaply you can get awakenings there. Just feed all your babies unevolved as it's not really worth the trouble to grind the mats.

MP Is extremely valuable as it stands. Even if you can't save for one of the amazing MP Store exclusive monsters, you should be at least saving for Pys. At the lowest, you could pick up some Jewels if they aren't dropping or some rare eve mats if you desperately need them and can't get a team to grind them. You are still wasting some of the value of the MP there, but Tamas are probably the worst place to spend it.

As for rolling tomorrow, it would be a very good day. Both Genbu and Verdandi would do wonders for a Bastet team. Vishnu would be great as well. You could also pull one of the other very useful Chinese gods so you could get some stuff built up for future squads. You might have a slightly better chance at better stuff in a PCGF, but tomorrows will also be great.

I didn't realize tamadras were that easy to get haha. I have plenty of cards that need em. Thanks for the pointers. I'm still trying to learn more about this game. It's great.

By the way, since everyone is already giving great advice, what's the status on coin dungeons? I unlocked the ability to use them recently on both accounts and I haven't done any of them yet. I'm not sure if it's worth it at all.

yami4ct

Once they started running Tama Village regularly, the value of Tamas reduced to practically zero. You'll be shocked at how quickly and cheaply you can get awakenings there. Just feed all your babies unevolved as it's not really worth the trouble to grind the mats.

MP Is extremely valuable as it stands. Even if you can't save for one of the amazing MP Store exclusive monsters, you should be at least saving for Pys. At the lowest, you could pick up some Jewels if they aren't dropping or some rare eve mats if you desperately need them and can't get a team to grind them. You are still wasting some of the value of the MP there, but Tamas are probably the worst place to spend it.

As for rolling tomorrow, it would be a very good day. Both Genbu and Verdandi would do wonders for a Bastet team. Vishnu would be great as well. You could also pull one of the other very useful Chinese gods so you could get some stuff built up for future squads. You might have a slightly better chance at better stuff in a PCGF, but tomorrows will also be great.

razterik

By the way, since everyone is already giving great advice, what's the status on coin dungeons? I unlocked the ability to use them recently on both accounts and I haven't done any of them yet. I'm not sure if it's worth it at all.

Do them if you can, especially biweekly dragon dungeons and Alt technicals which eventually drop out from coin dungeon rotation. They are all classified as seperate from the normal dungeons, so you get free stones at least and some S-rank Tamadras (although those may all be cycled out already).

hermit7

What team did everyone run to clear one shot 9? These no awakening dungeons are rough.

I ran shiva, urd, caocao, urd, hino, friend shiva.

It is rough but urd really helps with healing and his combo needs are a little lower. It is a little dependent on luck (getting the fire dragon and the green one) but aside from that it is doable.

J0dy77

What about lv 8 no dupes? I cheesed my way through lv 7 no rcv with Awoken Amaterasu.

I used mono red with urd as the lead paired with shiva dragon. Was really easy. Only risk is the pii floor.

LeXoTp3l.jpg

This was a sad moment for me. He served me well. Had to be done, awoken kirin too strong.

These numbers are just crazy. Strongest team I've ever had.

7sKENbIl.jpg

Top Bottom