• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jiggle

embarrassed how badly I'm doing on my verdandi team with 3 liubei and a gzl
Can't beat oneshot 7 nor FF mythical after many tries :x

Her ult evo did like nothing
Was this one of those ronia thing where players voted for her ult before they were ready to make one?

Shiva team on my alt just kinda breezed through those

Looks like I need to work on awoken yomi team now :/

Her ult evo did like nothing
Was this one of those ronia thing where players voted for her ult before they were ready to make one?

Kind of. She's not a particularly strong leader, so I think they really could have pushed her harder. However, she's really popular in her current incarnation anyways, which probably made GungHo hold back on her.

The buffs aren't bad, but they feel way more relevant when using her as a sub.

hermit7

What about lv 8 no dupes? I cheesed my way through lv 7 no rcv with Awoken Amaterasu.

Krishna/shiva is best.

Matching tpa already with shiva. Use orb changers and Krishna for a steady amount of orbs.

Urd really isn't needed just have a few orb changers and use either a poison or pop shiva on the third floor.

Viper Orochi
Fire Wizard, Leila
Amaterasu

Was hoping for Bastet as well but no luck. Fed my chibi Amaterasu to Amaterasu hoping for a skillup. Nope.

Trying to get two more stones for a roll tomorrow.

jiggle

Kind of. She's not a particularly strong leader, so I think they really could have pushed her harder. However, she's really popular in her current incarnation anyways, which probably made GungHo hold back on her.

The buffs aren't bad, but they feel way more relevant when using her as a sub.
That's really too bad
She was such an easy lead to use and I don't have a good green replacement

Ouch. Don't feed chibis from REMs for skill ups. Sell them for MP. That was 3k MP wasted. And you're eventually going to want Awoken Amaterasu anyway, so maxing the old skill isn't recommended.

Ya it was a poorly calculated risk. I only have 10000 mp and though the 3k would have been nice I am not going to be saving a ton as I don't IAP. I have all the mats for LF Attacker Amaterasu and don't know if Awoken Amaterasu is very realistic so I am resigned to attaining LF only, so the skillup would have been nice.

I will remember this though if I get Isis. My chibi Isis will be sold for MP for sure.

mike23

Yolo rolled once and got my first Hanzo to complete my Sengoku set. Pretty annoying that Watery Temptress was yesterday though.

jiggle

Main:
L.Kali(3rd dupe)
Meimei(3rd dupe)
Tsubaki(dupe)
Chester

Alt
Sarasvati(dupe)
Meimei(dupe)
Chrono turtle(dupe)
Dino rider

Not a bad GF if they're not mostly dupes XD

coy

3/6 dupes sold for MP. From the new stuff, Tsubaki is a nice pickup, but none of the rolls were part of the godfest. I'll pull a few more tomorrow.

jay23

Said I wasn't going to roll but man am I glad I did.

Qo8VBGf.jpg

All new except for gadius which is my third one! Hope I can make a system with him or something.

Getting Dkali after pretty much giving up on her is awesome. Also hyped for finally getting Horus wanted him from day 1.

All new except for gadius which is my third one! Hope I can make a system with him or something.

Getting Dkali after pretty much giving up on her is awesome. Also hyped for finally getting Horus wanted him from day 1.

Your post inspired me. I wanted Durga or Dkali. I pulled twice. I got Durga first pull. Troll silver on second. Still a win for me.

My roll for today got me Rozuel. My least favorite of the angel 2.0 series pre uvo since I rarely make space on a team for heartmakers these days. Hopefully Gungho has something special planned for her uvo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i pulled 4 times today hoping for the usuals (DKali/Skuld/Haku etc.) - sadly i only got 3 shitty silver that netted me 9k MP and Phoenix Rider. I dont really use fire teams, but he seems like a solid non.dupe pull so i will take it. Skilled up he could be very good on Urd or A.Shiva sqauds as defense sub.

Awesome man, congrats on getting the best unit in the Game...i would trade hald of my box for DKali :-D
I was finally able to get awoken yomi and it now feels like this team has infinite time. I just tried it out and with time to spare can easily get 7-8 combos.

Thats a very nice looking squad - if you ever pull Sakuya you should give her Dark Based team a shot since you have DKali and A.Yomi.

Epic Drop

Pulled hoping for a haku to finish off my a. Yomi and yomi dragon teams. Would have also been OK with a kirin (though I'm not good enough to use her awoken if I'm being honest) or vishnuuu.

Red riding hood

Phoenix rider (dupe)

Sarasvati #3

Unicorn rider (new)

Genbu #3 (almost enough for a zuoh system lol)

Zuoh #2 (speak of the devil!)

Sarasvati #4 (...)

Cao cao #3

Cao cao #4 (...)

Haku (!!!!!!!!!)

It's so dangerous rolling with a single target in mind, but it's so satisfying when it actually pays off! Now it's time to stop feeding stones to the golden dragon and actually +egg some of my "perfect" teams. Can't wait for 10x decends.

I can't figure out why gung ho thinks I need so many genbu, cao cao, and Sarasvati though... I have very few dupes but I've got those guys coming out of my ears!

Rolled twice on my main account. Got Tsubaki and Haku. Looked them up on padx and they're apparently both really good so that's great.

Gonna roll on my tablet in a minute. 7 rolls wish me luck.

Rixa

Rolled twice on my main account. Got Tsubaki and Haku. Looked them up on padx and they're apparently both really good so that's great.

Gonna roll on my tablet in a minute. 7 rolls wish me luck.

Good luck for your alt! Your main did very solid pulls. Awoken Haku is your ultimate goal for Haku, it will take time tho since evo stuff its kinda hard to get + they need tons of exp.

bjork

7 rolls for me too, gonna not look until I'm done.

[edit - Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
Red Riding Hood
Kagutsuchi (dupe)
Gale CyberDragon, Alnair
Vishnu
Radious (I think I had this dude and sold him)
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku (I have the chibi one, what is the difference)

I guess some of these are ok? Red Riding Hood is probably not so hot, but I'll have to look at the others. The cyberdragon can team up with my cybertiger, at least.]

Red Riding Hood
Kagutsuchi (dupe)
Gale CyberDragon, Alnair
Vishnu

I guess some of these are ok? Red Riding Hood is probably not so hot, but I'll have to look at the others. The cyberdragon can team up with my cybertiger, at least.]

Some of those are great. Vishnu and Haku are top tier tier subs, and Haku's not a bad leader herself. Tsubaki's very good as well. Kagu's nice also, though not super useful as a dupe. You don't usually want to use more than one. Nice rolls!

Rixa

Red Riding Hood
Kagutsuchi (dupe)
Gale CyberDragon, Alnair
Vishnu

Nice pulls for you too. Vishnu is superb, kinda easy to evolve too.
This is the difference, you cant get Chibi Haku to awoken form.
Edit: Vishnu is the hard hitting sub in this picture:

Rolling tomorrow is not a bad choice. It has meimei as well who is an ideal sub for Bastet teams. Another ideal sub is Vishnu who is available tomorrow. If you're ok with those as options go for it.

Meimei, Vishnu, and Verdandi (and Kaede) are all amazing Bastet subs. The only thing that sucks is the red gala polluting the list. I think specifically for Bastet, there are few godfests better than this one. I wouldn't rely on PCGF honestly.

Got Meimei!

Good luck for your alt! Your main did very solid pulls. Awoken Haku is your ultimate goal for Haku, it will take time tho since evo stuff its kinda hard to get + they need tons of exp.

I got Meimei and a bunch of scrubs. I think.

Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
Freyja
Beast Rider
Red Riding Hood (Dupe)
Flame-Winged CyberBeast, Markab
Red Angel, Rozvel
Shining Dragon Swordsman

Did a #yolo pull on my main and got a dupe Minerva. Not sure if want.

Negator

Finally rolled Urd. I am satisfied with this godfest.

Belial (Dupe) (UGH)
Gadius (Dupe)
Rozuel (Dupe)
Markab (Dupe)
Phoenix Rider (Dupe) (Possibly useful!)
Gadius (Again!?)
Urd
Chiyome
Sumire
Ganesha

Not bad overall. The dupes that I did get are all at least potentially useful. The last 4 additions are more than welcome in my box.

Edit: 0/12 skillups on Urd. Just wow.

jiggle

Hmm
never thought of using yomi with lkali until kwhit10's post
Gave it a whirl and it was AHmazing
But now I don't know what set up to build towards
Can really use some opinions?

RT8m91B.jpg

Leaning towards this cuz yomi made it a lot easier to hit the multipliers.

9YynVBO.jpg

I gain a better orb changer but lose .5 second extension and 1 skill boost. Sun quan gives a nice burst for 1 round, but orochi's 4dongs make a more consistent DPS?

YE4zTlF.jpg

Exchanging 1.5 seconds extension for an extra orb changer. Worth it? I could barely hit the multipliers with a similar setup now. So probably not this...

Belial (Dupe) (UGH)

Not bad overall. The dupes that I did get are all at least potentially useful. The last 4 additions are more than welcome in my box.
Hope they pull a liubei miracle and turn belial(everyone in the archdemon series really) into gold!

And Lucky!
Wish I have multiple gadius

bjork

I'm glad that some of my pulls can be useful. I think I'm gonna spend the next while leveling some people. Been kinda stalled out there, as I've been trying to run that FF dungeon to skill up those characters. The best results have been with Zeromus, who is up to skill level 10, but that's somehow not max yet.

Should I just feed the chibi Haku to the regular Haku and hope for a skill up?

[edit - also, Messenger of God, Archangel: the ultimate evolutions seem about the same, I don't think that I'd use her as a leader and their skills are the same. Is there some use I'm not seeing in one over the other?

Negator

Should I just feed the chibi Haku to the regular Haku and hope for a skill up?

Sell the Chibis. Eventually you will want to awaken them and it's not worth throwing away 3000 MP for a skillup you may not get for an active skill that is going to change anyway.

bjork

Sell the Chibis. Eventually you will want to awaken them and it's not worth throwing away 3000 MP for a skillup you may not get for an active skill that is going to change anyway.

Ah, I hadn't even considered that. This is good information to keep in mind!

hermit7

Rolled 3 times.

Dupe sarasvati
Dupe cacao
Genie

Will sell Sara and genie.

Going to skill and level caocao, slides right into shiva and will replace a full board changer.

Orb and delay are way useful and you typically get enough orbs for big damage with just a single orb changer anyways.

coy

Pulled two more and got another Mitsuki (2nd today and 5th overall) and Zuoh. I'm happy with Zuoh but still have not sniffed anyone from the godfest. I'll pull a few more then use the rest on leveling what I have.

jay23

Your post inspired me. I wanted Durga or Dkali. I pulled twice. I got Durga first pull. Troll silver on second. Still a win for me.

Dope congrats on getting one of the monsters you wanted. Tbh I don't know much about durga, what will your team look like for her?

So i pulled 4 times today hoping for the usuals (DKali/Skuld/Haku etc.) - sadly i only got 3 shitty silver that netted me 9k MP and Phoenix Rider. I dont really use fire teams, but he seems like a solid non.dupe pull so i will take it. Skilled up he could be very good on Urd or A.Shiva sqauds as defense sub.

Awesome man, congrats on getting the best unit in the Game...i would trade hald of my box for DKali :-D

Thanks, you'll get her eventually you're the luckiest person in all of pad lol.

Sidenote I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't sell trash rolls or dupes I should clean out my box to build up mp points. Didn't JP have an event recently were they received bonus points for monsters they sold?

hermit7

Do you guys think it's worth re-rolling during the current god fest with this set of monster?

Honestly I think today's Godfest makes it worthwhile to reroll.

Chinese are great leads in the beginning and great subs later on.

Indian is a little harder to judge (decent hut heavily dependent on skills and orb changers)

Honestly though unless you're upset about losing dvalk (who is a great sub kind you) and anubis who is a decent sub if awoken and lead if you have the skill you may get something that will allow you to progress easier.

Jagernaut

I was just clearing Final Fantasy collab mythical for the stone and s ranked it without trying. Liu Bei and Vishnu hit really hard with 2 prongs, on one boss they both hit for over 3 million each. The extra skill boost and extend time on ultimate Verdandi helped too.

hermit7

So is Red Sonia a good start? Or should I re-roll for a Kali? (I really want her ;_;)

Red Sonia is really good as a starting lead with devils so easy to acquire early on. By the time she gets outclassed you will be ready to shift teams anyways.

Only challenging bit is her starting cost is quite high so until you grind those levels you might struggle a little bit.

yami4ct

Managed to get a Fagan on my JP account today! Had to stone a bit for it, but worth it since once I Awaken Sakuya, I'll have my main team all done. I need Jewel invades to hit JP, though. Need 2 Lights and a Fire. Hopefully a Jewel gift dungeon hits as well, because that doesn't sound fun at all with my current squad. I'm not sure how many Mythicals they can stably clear.

Quantum

One Roll - Yesterday - Sumire

neat, but a lot of these new leads have jumped the shark - why invest and build after you have perfect teams.

- not trying to instigate or complain, I actually have been slowly increasing by Itunes reserve for this game, but after making four or five "optimal" teams there is almost no impetus to craft an additional team

- I'm not sure why this card is a godfest exclusive

bjork

I thought I had Kushinadahime fully evolved, but now I see that there's Miko Goddess of Protection. I've had good results with the Devoted Miko Goddess version, so I guess the next form is what I'll start trying to shoot for. I really don't remember her having another tier of evolution, not sure how I missed that.

Negator

I thought I had Kushinadahime fully evolved, but now I see that there's Miko Goddess of Protection. I've had good results with the Devoted Miko Goddess version, so I guess the next form is what I'll start trying to shoot for. I really don't remember her having another tier of evolution, not sure how I missed that.

New evolution just came out last week along with Sakuya and the others. I just evolved her last night myself.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Done Lv 10 on the 3rd try. First time double RaDragon team playing table-tennis with Parvati for couple of time, wrong calculation on the defense buff and died on Shiva. Second time Awoken Kirin couldn't one-shot Athena even with 50x with a Ra frd, got her to resurrect, and then 40x I believe with TPA got her into the rage mode...

Then this team:

0qwcAfT.png

AkrSp8F.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rolled once on Day 1 against my better judgment and got Red Knight, Nim. Eh, I guess it could be useful down the line but not really of immediate use to me.

Top Bottom