• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

ZombAid82

screenshot_2015-11-12qfsjx.png

What do you guys think of this team? Worth upgrading???

Edit: also, no dub mylith, so no uevo verdandi for today :-(

Negator

Skuld still needs one more skillup and Verdandi still needs 3. Stockpiling the fire fruits for evos or skillups for the Urd that I AM GOING TO GET SOON...

Anyway. What's a blue row team?

EX2sciUl.png

hermit7

Maybe Iam doing it wrong.

Too bad I dont have U&Y (alt has it).

Not a bad team mind you, but where is the blue high damage dealer though?

Green has lei bei and vishnu.

Red has hino and set soon.

Dark and light have the new Dragon callers.

Blue has... Orochi, 4 tpa but a niche skill and low base attack. Even with 4 it still only has about 200 higher base attack over vishnu. And Odin is in the same boat.

jay23

"Ain't nobody got time for that"

I'm not a great PADer. It's hard enough matching all the requisite colors while making TPAs where possible. Nevermind trying to create specific board patterns outside of dual-colored boards. Though I know the great ones are capable of doing so. Not so much for the average player.

Ha good looks

I'm probably trying shit way out of my league, I hate sitting on a floor trying to solve a board for more than a minute or so. Those pro players like paprika make it look sooo easy tho.

Dandte

With the Fire Carnival right now you should get Echidna if you dont already have her and try to skill her up down the line - her delay can be very helpful.

May i ask what a Carnival is? I tried to google it, but i failed miserably, but it looks like a carnival means higher percentage of getting characters from normal dungeons or the rem?

Ha good looks

I'm probably trying shit way out of my league, I hate sitting on a floor trying to solve a board for more than a minute or so. Those pro players like paprika make it look sooo easy tho.
I found staring at the board for minutes and obsessively checking enemy attack patterns on PADX boring, so about a year ago I gave up on that and started playing boards by ear and going into dungeons blind. It's made the game much more enjoyable imo even if I do get sucker punched every once in a while.

Jagernaut

May i ask what a Carnival is? I tried to google it, but i failed miserably, but it looks like a carnival means higher percentage of getting characters from normal dungeons or the rem?

Fire Carnival is a biweekly dungeon open right now. The last boss will be Echidna or Fire Sprite. Echidna can drop a Naga that you can evolve into Echidna who is a very useful farmable monster. You can use any extra Naga drops to fuse for skillups.

There is also a Fire Carnival which refers to a period when fire monsters have an increased pull rate in the REM (and come out at LV30 or higher). Carnivals like that are traps 96% of the time.

razterik

That's an old usage of carnival, currently those are called Gala and refer to the current color with boosted rates in the REM.

Fire Carnival is a dungeon under the Special Dungeons tab, the boss floor having a 50% chance for Echidna to appear. Drop rates are lower than appearance, but it's a good place to pick one up outside her own dungeon which appears rarely.

Negator

Can't wait to get this fire carnival out of the way to get to the real deal, Water Carnival.

Tangentally related to PAD now: Cloud is in smash! WHAT

While I don't think Nintendo would have the gumption to do it, it would have been hilarious to see them parody the FFVII E3 trailer in the Smash engine like Barkley did.

Negator

So after massive farming:

Skuld is STILL not max skilled
Verdandi IS max skilled
Stockpiling 12 red fruits

I have two extra Verdandi and a Kaede. Thursdays are going to be so painful.

*3 Years Anniversary Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 11/14 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11/15 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
This Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and Godfest Exclusives.
Day One will feature the Japanese Series 1 and Egyptian Series 1 Gods, while Day Two includes the Five Elements Series and Indian Series 2 Gods.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.
DAY 1 : 11/14 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PST)
12241603_1168347873193803_8521989120120423484_n.jpg

DAY 2 : 11/15 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PST)
12239753_1168347939860463_2893029959038909055_n.jpg

I need all of Gaf's collective power to finally get me a Bastet. please help.

yami4ct

Day 2 is perfect. Indian 2.0's are mostly covered for me, but my two white whales (Verdandi and Genbu) in one fest. Often seems like Norns and Chinese get separated. Haku or Dragon Caller 2.0s would be cool as well. I will throw all my stones at Day 2.

FZZ

Banned
Susano and Yomi would be great for my main account

But I literally have ALL the other gods in Egyptian 1 and Japanese 1

Ugh not rolling

Day 2 would be great for my alt though

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Day 2 is more or less perfect for me - Vishnu, Haku,Kalis. Norns....i could use them all.

Rixa

Day 1 for me, tho I have stones for 2 pulls, not expecting miracles.
My only hope is not to get 3rd Zuoh & Ronia.

Edit: Figured that for me its easier to get enhance materials than evo materials and save some pts to Evo machine (which is on again next 6 days). Got nice haul :)
Edit2: Thanks to Verdandi uevo, I can now clear Friday Mythical, my first try my first clear.

yami4ct

Beat a couple floors of Descend Carnival on my JP account. That went way easier than I expected. Breezed through the Tengu floor and got him for my A. Susano. The Goemon floor cost me a couple stones, but still got him. Now I need to figure out how to get a Gold Keeper so I can Ult Goemon for my Susano. Not gonna lie, the monster shop is looking awfully tempting.

Wazzy

Banned
So I just started this game for the FF event and I'm wondering the difficulty of the FF event dungeon? I want to try and get some character specific weapons and need a rough idea of the level I'll need to be.

Thanks in advance!

mAcOdIn

Thought maybe somebody had a opinion...
Well, I think a lot of that has to do with what else you have. The Sonia and Muse however, are worth upgrading for sure, 100%. Awaken them, skill them up, they're both really good. The other three, if they're all you got worth putting on the team, sure. Snow White is situationally useful, the fact that once awoken she can't be bound and her skill can remove binds might mean that even if you got better cards to replace her you still may dust her off for certain dungeons in the future. Noah, well, I'd get her to her second form and lock her just because she's an ingredient for Awoken Lakshmi but I wouldn't bother skilling her up, getting any of her awakenings or doing her third evolution.

So I just started this game for the FF event and I'm wondering the difficulty of the FF event dungeon? I want to try and get some character specific weapons and need a rough idea of the level I'll need to be.

Thanks in advance!
Int should be doable if you've passed Tower of Giants, and Expert sometime after Castle of Satan. The other difficulties will probably be too difficult if you literally just started.

What have you rolled from the rare egg machine so far, and what rank are you currently?

cw_sasuke

Hide Yo Kids - the Twins are back.

I forgot how amazing U&Y active is - especially when paired with A.Yomi you really dont need any other Burst option (sry Sun Quan).My 2nd. U&Y isnt leveled and only the Freindleader has +eggs on it - still +20k, which is amazing. All actives but Kushi are up on the first round. Easy achievable 100% Skill Bind Resists.

Shit i think i might get back to the Twins for real...will have to play around with other team setup later.

Thought maybe somebody had a opinion...

No comment from me because im not used to these type of Grind teams - but just from the first look it doesnt sound too impressive compared to your Verdandi team. Will it let you clear stuff that your current squad cant clear would be a question...or do you have other REM or farmable subs which can be put into this team down the line.

Thanks in advance!

You should just work your way up from the lowest stamina stage to the higher ones. It difficult to recommend a difficulty without knowing your team, stats and what you have cleared so far.

Might wanna post something on your team and which drops you are exactly looking for. Otherwise checkout here how much dmg the enemies have compared to how much damage per round you can deal...it might help.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1289

Wazzy

Banned
Int should be doable if you've passed Tower of Giants, and Expert sometime after Castle of Satan. The other difficulties will probably be too difficult if you literally just started.

What have you rolled from the rare egg machine so far, and what rank are you currently?
I've rolled on the FF machine since it was my priority and I currently have:
Squall
Rinoa
Sephiroth

and recently pulled a Vivi and Cloud.

I can't fit most of them so my party is Squall and Rinoa and they were barely able to clear the easiest difficulty(but her weapon dropped so yay!) so I think I need to play more and fuse. Once I can't fit more of the other ones in I'll be okay to clear harder difficulties.
Might wanna post something on your team and which drops you are exactly looking for. Otherwise checkout here how much dmg the enemies have compared to how much damage per round you can deal...it might help.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1289
Posted above.

And thanks! I'll check it out. :)

Don't worry too much about not getting enough weapons. It's a pretty intense grind even if you're able to clear the highest difficulty, and the FF mons can be skilled up without them (albeit at a steep-ish cost)

Wazzy

Banned
Don't worry too much about not getting enough weapons. It's a pretty intense grind even if you're able to clear the highest difficulty, and the FF mons can be skilled up without them (albeit at a steep-ish cost)
I'm actually confused as to what the weapons are for. I only really want Squall and Rinoa's which the latter I have but I don't know if I can receive Squalls on lowest difficulty and what I'm supposed to do with them.

Are you supposed to farm multiple of them or is one good enough?

mAcOdIn

I'm actually confused as to what the weapons are for. I only really want Squall and Rinoa's which the latter I have but I don't know if I can receive Squalls on lowest difficulty and what I'm supposed to do with them.

Are you supposed to farm multiple of them or is one good enough?
The weapons are skill up fodder. In Puzzle and Dragons a skill has multiple levels. The higher the level the less amount of turns it takes for that skill to become available. The only way to skill up a level is by fusing multiple of the same unit together or by fusing your monster with skill up fodder, in this case the weapons are the character's skill up fodder, so you want lots and lots of them. Generally you can fuse any monster with the exact same skill to get a skill up, just be careful that the monster you want to actually use is the base. I recommend setting any monsters you want to keep as favorites in your monster box so they're not accidentally fed off.

Taking Squal for example:
http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=2033 - if you look at this page under abilities it lists the skill, it's starting and maximum level and what other cards share the same skill.
Unskilled up his skill takes 12 turns before you can use it, but you can skill it up to level 6 which brings it down to 7 turns.

Unfortunately a skill up's success is a percentage, I think around 10%, meaning roughly you'll need to fuse around 10 of Squall's Gunblade to just get one skill up. Luckily right now if you go to the power up fusion spot in PAD it tells you in yellow that the skill up chance is x2, which means that hopefully you'll only need around 5 gunblades to move up one skill level.

One other thing to not, if you have multiples of a character, especially if it's a REM character if there is another way of skilling them up do that before you fuse away your duplicates. Reason being is that sometimes in the future a card will get multiple evolutions and you may want more than one version of the card so you can have one of each evolution or to sell them and get monster points. Rem cards are worth way more monster points than the crap that drops from dungeons and you can buy some good stuff from the store, though it'll take selling tons of REM monsters before you ever have enough to buy anything!

cw_sasuke

Ouch...just yesterday i got Awoken Sakuya but i doubt she will get too much playtime after playing around with U&Y. Well guess i can use her as a Bindclear on U&Y teams as well lol.

But honestly i need to spend more time with both teams... but the U&Y seems to be more fun, def. need to work on that one.

PS. Got a Blue Jewel from Gift from the Holy Beasts which i nice since i spend my last 3 on Sakuya and both U&Y.

Wazzy

Banned
T
One other thing to not, if you have multiples of a character, especially if it's a REM character if there is another way of skilling them up do that before you fuse away your duplicates. Reason being is that sometimes in the future a card will get multiple evolutions and you may want more than one version of the card so you can have one of each evolution or to sell them and get monster points. Rem cards are worth way more monster points than the crap that drops from dungeons and you can buy some good stuff from the store, though it'll take selling tons of REM monsters before you ever have enough to buy anything!
Awesome I think I understand now. Thanks!

Rixa

PS. Got a Blue Jewel from Gift from the Holy Beasts which i nice since i spend my last 3 on Sakuya and both U&Y.

I grabbed first one what came and it happened to be Light Jewel. I have now 5 Light Jewels taking inventory spaces since at the moment I dont have use to them :p.

ZombAid82

Well, I think a lot of that has to do with what else you have. The Sonia and Muse however, are worth upgrading for sure, 100%. Awaken them, skill them up, they're both really good. The other three, if they're all you got worth putting on the team, sure. Snow White is situationally useful, the fact that once awoken she can't be bound and her skill can remove binds might mean that even if you got better cards to replace her you still may dust her off for certain dungeons in the future. Noah, well, I'd get her to her second form and lock her just because she's an ingredient for Awoken Lakshmi but I wouldn't bother skilling her up, getting any of her awakenings or doing her third evolution.

I thought that Wadatsumi and Noah with their skill would be very helpful, just because i get a little delay from Wadatsumi, enhanced Orb's and a full blue board from Noah but HP reduced to 1, tap the musa in, and it would be a great attack.
And for the next round i would have Snow White to get some heal orb's in the mix.

No comment from me because im not used to these type of Grind teams - but just from the first look it doesnt sound too impressive compared to your Verdandi team. Will it let you clear stuff that your current squad cant clear would be a question...or do you have other REM or farmable subs which can be put into this team down the line.

Fire Attacker are a real Problem with my Verdandi-Team.
Also no Chance at King of the Gods with Verdandi, maybe i'm just bad at this "f"ing Game.
I need some heavy hitter for these kind of Dungeon's/Descended.
Maybe i should pull two eggs on second day and hope for a vishnu or Meimei?
Or better first Day with Bastet and ameterasu, to start a new Team?

mAcOdIn

I thought that Wadatsumi and Noah with their skill would be very helpful, just because i get a little delay from Wadatsumi, enhanced Orb's and a full blue board from Noah but HP reduced to 1, tap the musa in, and it would be a great attack.
And for the next round i would have Snow White to get some heal orb's in the mix.
That might be true. To be honest I'd need to see what the math looks like these days between Orb Enhances, Rows and Triple Prong Attacks to see if it's relevant anymore. With a Sonia lead you're generally looking to stack row awakenings and make full rows as those yielded better multipliers than a full board did but prior to rows being the rage full board nukes were popular with Goemon so your strategy will definitely work up to a point in the game. Now TPAs and OEs are more powerful than they were when those awakenings first hit the scene. To be honest I don't know how far it'll go these days.

Kyuur

Need fatty metal for my U&Y and then going to start playing that team a bunch more. Still working on skill ups.. not a single one / 10 for him yet and need more blue Py for A. Isis.

Anyone else here besides Sasuke (I really should just bff you once it resets) planning on playing them?

Fire Attacker are a real Problem with my Verdandi-Team.
Also no Chance at King of the Gods with Verdandi, maybe i'm just bad at this "f"ing Game.
I need some heavy hitter for these kind of Dungeon's/Descended.
Maybe i should pull two eggs on second day and hope for a vishnu or Meimei?
Or better first Day with Bastet and ameterasu, to start a new Team?

I haven't seen your team, but as you already have a decent Green lead in Verdandi I would try for Vishnu who is a top tier sub. You can't really go wrong either way though.

Edit: Oh man, super ult Uriel! Two more fire rows is a-okay with me. Auto heals are kind of weird on a Gadius team since you're constantly matching hearts anyways, but whatever!

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
So the Gala of Flame is happening right now, but I take it I should waiting for the upcoming Godfest before spending my eggs, right?

I got Horus as my lead, and nothing really else special but I'd like to build up a fire team.

Happy Forest Maiden, Red Riding Hood (is she good? should I focus on building her up?), Empress of Serpents, Echnida, and Firedragon Tyrannos are my biggest guys. Then I've got a Wood Ogre and Rowdy Samurai Goblin I flip between.

Should I roll at all in this Godfest coming up?

Or is that players choice really good Godfest coming up at the end of the month still?

I have 6 rolls worth on one account, and 8 on the other. Kind of getting anxious to spend it ha.
So the Gala of Flame is happening right now, but I take it I should waiting for the upcoming Godfest before spending my eggs, right?

I got Horus as my lead, and nothing really else special but I'd like to build up a fire team.

Happy Forest Maiden, Red Riding Hood (is she good? should I focus on building her up?), Empress of Serpents, Echnida, and Firedragon Tyrannos are my biggest guys. Then I've got a Wood Ogre and Rowdy Samurai Goblin I flip between.

Pretty sure you are always supposed to wait for Godfests. Most of the Galas are trash or have really low chances at anything actually good.

Horus isn't really a fire lead. He's a rainbow lead. Instead of focusing on fire, try a team that covers all 5 elements and practice activating his leader skill. It's not too difficult to get 4 colors, and the damage burst it gives you will be very useful. Later you can transition into a fire-focused Horus team that covers colors with subtypes.

As for rolling, never roll outside of Godfest. The gala and the godfest will be happening at the same time, so you'll have 3x shot at pantheon cards and 2x shot at fire cards (that aren't included in the pantheons). You may want to hold out for PCGF instead though.

Of the subs you mentioned, Echidna is the best. Can't really go wrong with her. RRH has some niche use once she's awoken as an unbindable bind clearer, but I wouldn't focus on her, especially with a Horus lead. Right now you need other colors.

Edit: I totally forgot you had a Bastet. Forget Horus. Focus on her. Ducarmel's right. Roll day 2! Vishnu and Meimei are her best subs and Verdandi's amazing as well.

Ducarmel

Yes wait for godfest

I would say pull on day 2, If i remember correctly you have Bastet, and imo she is worth investing in more then Horus. On day 2 you have a chance to pull Meimei, Vishnuu and Verdandi all great subs for Bastet.

bjork

I was finally able to evolve my dude to Hino Kagutsuchi today. It has three ultimate evolutions, a fire/light, a fire/dark, and then the awoken one. Which is the best? The awoken one has more skills to awaken, but I don't know about trying to get all those materials, while the other two versions seem doable. Is it worth holding out for the Awoken one?

Ducarmel

Kagu Uevo's are outdated, Awoken or nothing with the current meta.

But you also have to ask yourself what teams are you going to use him for, despite his Awoken form being very good imo he fits on few teams. I only can think of strong fire leads like Shiva, Urd, Yamoto and Set that could use him.

Kyuur

I was finally able to evolve my dude to Hino Kagutsuchi today. It has three ultimate evolutions, a fire/light, a fire/dark, and then the awoken one. Which is the best? The awoken one has more skills to awaken, but I don't know about trying to get all those materials, while the other two versions seem doable. Is it worth holding out for the Awoken one?

Awoken is better in pretty much every way unless you need God typing for some reason.

You can always de-evolve him from fire/light or fire/dark when you are able to get the Awoken mats.

Kagu Uevo's are outdated, Awoken or nothing with the current meta.

I mean, not really? Regardless Kagu has double TPA, okay stats and will be fine for mid-tier descends to start getting more important mats here and there. He's obviously far better Awoken but to say 'don't use him at all' otherwise is ehh.

mAcOdIn

Totally wait for the Awoken one.

First, awakenings get to be pretty dang important, and he's got a ton more.

Second, his leader skill's what 5 times better than the other two?

Finally, his active skill's loses the attack but keeps the 75% armor reduction, starts at twice the cooldown speed and now changes orbs too!

The only reason not to go for the Awoken one is if you specifically need him as a God, or Attacker for sub reasons. Of course you could always choose another route and then just unevolve him and then evolve to his awoken form later once you get the materials if getting them is too far away for you.

F/D has a nice ATK stat, which will let you speed farm some dungeons the other non-awoken versions won't. The evo mats are readily available so I would go F/D until I'm ready to awaken.

I need 2 dub-mythlits to evolve cards I'm planning on putting on my Urd team, and really about 6 for other things ready to be evolved. I'm now 0-6 on getting it to drop from friday expert. This game sucks sometimes.

bjork

I forgot about being able to undo an ultimate evolution, heh. I use him in a god team so I might do the fire/dark one for now. I haven't even seen the first two materials, which are some other characters I've never encountered.

Top Bottom