• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

am_dragon

I've run into some pretty serious health problems lately so I've not been playing very much, which lead to saving up 45 stones.

I'm pretty happy with a few teams that I have and there isn't much I'm looking for other than Kali, and a few other GF exclusives, Izanagi and maybe a 2nd Haku for the awoken version.

CyberBeast, Markab
Karin 3rd
GrimRock
Minerva 5th
Thundering CyberDragon, Shedar

I'm assuming the CyberDragon/Beast cards are the new troll cards?

I have no impulse control, so I rolled again.

Shiva!

I finally have an endgame leader to make use of all my red subs. Cao Cao, Kagu, Urd, and a flex spot for Phoenix Rider/Chiyome/Laila/Set. Can't wait to take a break from Bastet (though the playstyle is largely the same).

Negator

Cyberbeasts and Cyberdragons are actually pretty competent units. Definitely not in the same tier as a Wizard or some other similar troll gold.

They just suck right now because they aren't easy to skill up.

Rekwest

My pulls

Ur-Quimera-whaaattt?
Wood Wizard Leeza (gold troll?)
Light Wizard Rei Sirius(any good?)
Fuu (dupe)
Goddess of Secrets Kali(new) yay!

jiggle

I have no impulse control, so I rolled again.

Shiva!

I finally have an endgame leader to make use of all my red subs. Cao Cao, Kagu, Urd, and a flex spot for Phoenix Rider/Chiyome/Laila/Set. Can't wait to take a break from Bastet (though the playstyle is largely the same).
/jealous!

Anybody have a Hathor lead they can put up for me? I want to tackle One Shot #9. Friend ID: 392,704,331

Is LKali or Awoken Horus better? I seem to activate Horus lead ability better than LKali specific 4 colors.. I am a noob though..
Depends on what subs you have but assuming ideal subs, Lkali is considered stronger. Her board change active really helps with the orb trolling and the double prong awakenings help bridge the gap between her multiplier and Horus' max multiplier. She's also easier to make a (mostly) mono-color team while covering the color requirements with sub-colors.

Jonsoncao

Banned
5 rolls:

the good: 2nd Genbu, 1st Diadem, 1st Minerva (what is she good for again?)
the bad: 2nd Avalon Drake
the ugly: 3rd Dino Rider

Minerva is a nice quick orb changer, as well as making Hera rush trivial (non-REM team 100% clear rate if not encountering the fat dragon).

Any point in having two Minervas?

Do I try and get Awoken versions of both? Or go for one of the other ultimate evos?
No. Other ultimate evos are irrelevant now.
1 A. Minerva suffices. 2 just too many for she doesn't have a skill-bind resist awakening.

This is my current team clearing Challenge Lv6-9, and all rushes (except Yamato) with almost 100% rate:
Wr5ejGw.png

Anybody have a Hathor lead they can put up for me? I want to tackle One Shot #9. Friend ID: 392,704,331

Depends on what subs you have but assuming ideal subs, Lkali is considered stronger. Her board change active really helps with the orb trolling and the double prong awakenings help bridge the gap between her multiplier and Horus' max multiplier. She's also easier to make a (mostly) mono-color team while covering the color requirements with sub-colors.

I have a max lvled max awokened Hathor (not skilled sadly). Just sent you a frd request.

For the Horus part. I tend to not agree since it seems to be that it is easier for Horus to assemble a TPA mono-red team, e.g.: A.Shiva, RValk, Cao Cao, Phoenix Rider.

coy

Put mine up and sent you a friend request. She's unskilled but +297.

razterik

Is LKali or Awoken Horus better? I seem to activate Horus lead ability better than LKali specific 4 colors.. I am a noob though..

A.Horus is easier to activate (any 4 or all 5) and capable of a bit more damage with the right builds and active skill usage, so there's nothing wrong if you prefer his play style. I wouldn't put plus eggs on him before Light Kali, though.

Do I try and get Awoken versions of both? Or go for one of the other ultimate evos?

No current use for dupe A.Minerva. It's not terrible if you have no other options, but anyone with depth in their red box can reasonably sell off extras. Anything besides Awoken form has little value because her original skill is quite poor.

Minerva is a nice quick orb changer, as well as making Hera rush trivial (non-REM team 100% clear rate if not encountering the fat dragon).
I guess I could replace Homura with her on my Krishna team. The skill boost is very welcome.

I have a max lvled max awokened Hathor (not skilled sadly). Just sent you a frd request.

For the Horus part. I tend to not agree since it seems to be that it is easier for Horus to assemble a TPA mono-red team, e.g.: A.Shiva, RValk, Cao Cao, Phoenix Rider.

Put mine up and sent you a friend request. She's unskilled but +297.
Thanks, accepted both of you.

hermit7

Just an FYI Dragon challenge starts tomorrow. Jewels as rewards and a Blue and green snow globe along with dark jewel for Dragon rush.

Looks pretty easy, Dragon rush is imo the easiest of the legend plus.

Monster Box

I mainly run a Blonia Physical Team, a Perseus Balanced team and more recently a Ominous Moon Satsuke team with evo'd Horus and evo'd Anubis on it with Shogun Dragon and a rotating Attacker sub.

I would like to make a Horus team but seem to have no idea which of my monsters would make good subs.

I've stalled out at Starlight Sanctuary Queen of the Gods and just can't beat Hera.

Lots of info on the web but maybe someone here can see a team I'm overlooking.

Thank you!

Monster Box

I mainly run a Blonia Physical Team, a Perseus Balanced team and more recently a Ominous Moon Satsuke team with evo'd Horus and evo'd Anubis on it with Shogun Dragon and a rotating Attacker sub.

I would like to make a Horus team but seem to have no idea which of my monsters would make good subs.

I've stalled out at Starlight Sanctuary Queen of the Gods and just can't beat Hera.

Thank you!

Try this team out:
Horus/Fat Chocobo/Ookuninushi/Chrono Turtle/flex

It requires quite a bit of investment from what your current box is unfortunately, but Horus really likes those time extends. What's your current average combo count?

yami4ct

Monster Box

Thank you!

I don't have much experience with Horus, but I think your Dark box is your strongest. The problem is you don't have an awesome leader. I might suggest going Okuninushi. You could run

Okuninushi/Zuoh/Hanzo/Satsuki/Flex/Okuninushi

Go with that until you can clear Zaerog Infinite. If you pull another Satsuki, throw her in over Hanzo. If you get a Haku you can replace Zuoh. The flex spot would best be used by D. Izanami if you can clear here, but until then maybe Vritra or grind out a Vampire Lord or Dark Mystic Knight.

Try this team out:
Horus/Fat Chocobo/Ookuninushi/Chrono Turtle/flex

It requires quite a bit of investment from what your current box is unfortunately, but Horus really likes those time extends. What's your current average combo count?

My current avg combo is like 5 to 7. Or maybe 4 to 5. I have moments but it could definitely be better.

Screwed up my activation on the previous turn trying to squeak out an additional combo so I had to sweat out the final turn, hoping I would do enough damage. Luckily, I didn't flush the Badpy + stone down the drain. Thanks for the 297 Hathor, coy!

So how does Latent Resist Tama farming work in JP? I'm on the fence on whether or not to purchase a second Yomi Dragon, as I'll basically be forced to farm all my latents if I do. Are they invades during events like in NA? Or are they more consistently available than that?

J0dy77

Not really. She does have a nice short active so you could run two for the Fire orb creation but there are other better subs for Mono red teams.

Hmm
never thought of using yomi with lkali until kwhit10's post
Gave it a whirl and it was AHmazing
But now I don't know what set up to build towards
Can really use some opinions?

I'd go with the triple Kali, Sun Quan team over Viper. With only 36x you need the extra 2x from SQ for those really high HP mobs and the extra two turns is usually enough time to by yourself time over Vipers longer delay.

So how does Latent Resist Tama farming work in JP? I'm on the fence on whether or not to purchase a second Yomi Dragon, as I'll basically be forced to farm all my latents if I do. Are they invades during events like in NA? Or are they more consistently available than that?
They're invades in number dragons during events, and are also invades in 5x4 versions of coin dungeon descendeds. They're literally identical to their original versions asides from the 5x4 so get ready.

razterik

What is your planned party? Did you buy 2?!

Currently testing out Satsuki/A.Haku/Pandora/Dark Izanami. Satsuki is mostly filler until I get Akechi up to speed, may switch her for Z8. Also have max skill Okuninushi and swimsuit Pandora that need plus eggs. And I'm building a Zeus Stratios in case I need him.

Didn't buy a second YomiDra. This was the last of my MP reserves without seriously compromising my box. If I really want a second, I'll have to roll hard next Godfest. Going to play around with the team for a while before deciding. Not convinced I need a second yet since I have a lot of other options.

Latent resist Tamadras appear as invades during events. They are only available in 5x4 versions of Descendeds that can be purchased in coin dungeons during the event period. Dark resist has appeared in 5x4 version of Izanami Descended, don't think it's been in anything else. My rates for invades have been poor, maybe 10%. The base rate certainly isn't higher than 15%.

Despite all that, it's cheaper to farm them than to buy with MP since they are outrageously priced. However, NA is so horribly behind on coin dungeon updates, there's no telling how long it will be until 5x4 Descendeds are available. If they don't fasttrack them or make the resist latents farmable somewhere else, then I wouldn't expect them before next year at the earliest. NA players on the edge getting ignored again, sadly. I'm still committed to waiting for them because I have no real need to run Arena yet, but it's frustrating not being able to finish my teams without wasting a pack of stones per card.

raiot

Currently testing out Satsuki/A.Haku/Pandora/Dark Izanami. Satsuki is mostly filler until I get Akechi up to speed, may switch her for Z8. Also have max skill Okuninushi and swimsuit Pandora that need plus eggs. And I'm building a Zeus Stratios in case I need him.

I'm in the same boat, I bought him too and will try that exact team. Only problem is, I dont have Akechi... :( But I have to wait till Friday to evolve him, I'm really short on DubRubylits.

They're invades in number dragons during events, and are also invades in 5x4 versions of coin dungeon descendeds. They're literally identical to their original versions asides from the 5x4 so get ready.

Latent resist Tamadras appear as invades during events. They are only available in 5x4 versions of Descendeds that can be purchased in coin dungeons during the event period. Dark resist has appeared in 5x4 version of Izanami Descended, don't think it's been in anything else. My rates for invades have been poor, maybe 10%. The base rate certainly isn't higher than 15%.

Despite all that, it's cheaper to farm them than to buy with MP since they are outrageously priced. However, NA is so horribly behind on coin dungeon updates, there's no telling how long it will be until 5x4 Descendeds are available. If they don't fasttrack them or make the resist latents farmable somewhere else, then I wouldn't expect them before next year at the earliest. NA players on the edge getting ignored again, sadly. I'm still committed to waiting for them because I have no real need to run Arena yet, but it's frustrating not being able to finish my teams without wasting a pack of stones per card.

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like it's going to be an unpleasant wait followed by some unpleasant farming. I guess I'll be holding off on Yomidra #2 for the time being. Even if I got it, it would take me forever to latent properly, so I may was well just wait for it to rotate back into the MP shop and see where things are at then.

After reading Setsu's article about YomiDra getting bumped up to SS, joining RaDra, and having a good arena clear rate, I'm second-guessing my purchase of RaDra. Who knows if I'll ever pull a second DKali, while I already have all the pieces for any of the YomiDra variations I've seen, including a max-skilled Stratios that I never thought I would use again. YomiDra also looks much simpler to run. Multi-color teams are exhausting to run.

J0dy77

I just wiped three times on round 2 of Scarlet with my new hyped Awoken Kirin team. Frustration level at an all time high after that stretch of awful play. I can tell already this Kirin team is going to drive me nuts, huge potential but can completely wipe you with lackluster damage with one bad turn.

Jonsoncao

Banned
After reading Setsu's article about YomiDra getting bumped up to SS, joining RaDra, and having a good arena clear rate, I'm second-guessing my purchase of RaDra. Who knows if I'll ever pull a second DKali, while I already have all the pieces for any of the YomiDra variations I've seen, including a max-skilled Stratios that I never thought I would use again. YomiDra also looks much simpler to run. Multi-color teams are exhausting to run.
Much more fun and adrenaline though. Loving my RaDra so far.

I just wiped three times on round 2 of Scarlet with my new hyped Awoken Kirin team. Frustration level at an all time high after that stretch of awful play. I can tell already this Kirin team is going to drive me nuts, huge potential but can completely wipe you with lackluster damage with one bad turn.
You can try a dark based god team paired with H.Kali (w/ DIza, Yomi, DKali, and flex).

---
Also looking for BF triangle with Ra dragon/A.Kirin (me both hypered most time up as my main lead), anyone interested?

Rixa

Well this was definetly my easiest Mythical so far.

Basically TPA & delay.
Floor six pop GZL and Verdandi (if you dont have enough greens for couple of TPA)
Boss at floor 7 you have 6 turns to do 3.37m damage.

hermit7

I am in the fence in terms of mp dragons, I could get yomi and run 2x a. Haku, beach Pandora, and okuni or throw in a 5 turn like valk. All orbs would be enhanced and Pandora is good if hearts are needed for binds. (Also the Haku are max skilled so with all of the hates I would have steady access to skills)

The other option is to wait. I mean I have cleared all the legend plus dungeons save for arena and can clear them at 80% or so and I am not hurting really.

donjezzy

sold about 30 of my cards, a majority of them from my light and healers that I haven't used in a long time for yomi dragon. planning on maybe A.Haku x2, Nephthys and switching between beach pandora, satsuki, claire or zaerog8. I would love to use pandora but I'm like 0 for 20 on skill ups and satsuki and claire are maxed

Ambition

This is exactly what the Google doc in the OP is for. Although it might be time to start a new one since it's been a while.

Yeah I saw it but I wasn't sure how outdated it was. Sent some invites anyhow. My IGN is SMLAZARUS in case anyone decides to accept me :3

Hit 20 yesterday- looking to trade Present with someone :) I know I saw a few other posts of guys rerolling or just starting also.

PorkGAF

Added!

razterik

I'm second-guessing my purchase of RaDra.

YomiDra is getting the FotM hype. I still believe RaDra is stronger of the two and more capable in Arena. It seems like the better JP players are starting to switch to a single Dark Kali on RaDra and bringing another utility sub.

I do think YomiDra has a little lower skill cap which makes her more forgiving. But that comes at the expense of sometimes coming up short on damage and the best team setup likely requiring a 600k MP investment.

I wouldn't regret RaDra too much because his team is the strongest in the game right now and will stay ahead of the meta for a long time. YomiDra looks like she might fall behind in a few months unless she gets some sub help.

I can tell already this Kirin team is going to drive me nuts, huge potential but can completely wipe you with lackluster damage with one bad turn.

Yeah, those have been my feelings on A.Kirin as well. Granted she's gotten me through some dungeons I couldn't have done otherwise, but I can't deny the similarities to luck-based Anubis style.

J0dy77

You can try a dark based god team paired with H.Kali (w/ DIza, Yomi, DKali, and flex).

---
Also looking for BF triangle with Ra dragon/A.Kirin (me both hypered most time up as my main lead), anyone interested?

It was more about the disapointment and frustration. I was assuming that I'd roll over everything that came my way with this team. This made it clear that it won't be that easy.

Orb Trolling and bad boards are still going to be a problem.

Jonsoncao

Banned
It was more about the disapointment and frustration. I was assuming that I'd roll over everything that came my way with this team. This made it clear that it won't be that easy.

Orb Trolling and bad boards are still going to be a problem.

Ha true. That's part of the reason an ideal dark based Kirin team trumps the light based ones in terms of dmg output and stability.

Can I add some of you peeps to make my re-roll easier? :v

Also there is a google doc I believe at the beginning of this thread.

Top Bottom