• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

coy

Screwed up my activation on the previous turn trying to squeak out an additional combo so I had to sweat out the final turn, hoping I would do enough damage. Luckily, I didn't flush the Badpy + stone down the drain. Thanks for the 297 Hathor, coy!
Grats and glad I could help!

I have A.Sakuya and am considering hypermaxing her but am unsure if I should considering I already have A.Yomi hypered. While the playstyles aren't the same and there is some overlap if I go dark-focused with Sakuya, I feel like I am okay with just Yomi for the time being. For those that have both, do you prefer one over the other? Should I just do it?

For Yomi, I have 2x Haku, Okuni, and DIza - bad timing on my part to get Z8 but he'll be in the mix. I also have Lumiel waiting for triple TPA when the update comes.

For Sakuya, I have Yomi and D.Kali if I go dark. I'm unsure my best light-focused team with her so I'd be going the dark route.

yami4ct

The Anubis like play style is why I'm avoiding Dark Kirin teams personally (that and I lack a Yomi and D. Kali on my JP account).

I totally get why Dark Kirin is strong and the better of the variations for top players, but as someone who thinks getting 10 combos without skyfall seems insane it's just not for me. The Light variant is still super strong without getting 100x all the time. That one also gives me more room for error I feel. Right now, I'm totally satisfied in getting 6-8 combos with at least 1 TPA and the damage it gives me. That allows me to clear the vast majority of content.

The Anubis like play style is why I'm avoiding Dark Kirin teams personally (that and I lack a Yomi and D. Kali on my JP account).

I totally get why Dark Kirin is strong and the better of the variations for top players, but as someone who thinks getting 10 combos without skyfall seems insane it's just not for me. The Light variant is still super strong without getting 100x all the time. That one also gives me more room for error I feel. Right now, I'm totally satisfied in getting 6-8 combos with at least 1 TPA and the damage it gives me. That allows me to clear the vast majority of content.
You don't necessarily have to hit 10 combo to get good damage with Dark Kirin either. You do have to hit dark in addition to the rest of the colors though.

yami4ct

You don't necessarily have to hit 10 combo to get good damage with Dark Kirin either. You do have to hit dark in addition to the rest of the colors though.

The main benefit of running Dark if I understand it comes from it allowing you to reliably hit higher combos. Since that's something that I don't think I'm good enough to pull off, taking out the luck of having to have the dark orbs in there as well seems better for me personally.

The main benefit of running Dark if I understand it comes from it allowing you to reliably hit higher combos. Since that's something that I don't think I'm good enough to pull off, taking out the luck of having to have the dark orbs in there as well seems better for me personally.
The hitting higher combos part comes solely from the extra time extends on those template subs. It just seems strange to me that that extra movement time does nothing to help you achieve full board manipulation, yet the lack of extra time helps you get both a prong and a partial board manip.

yami4ct

The hitting higher combos part comes solely from the extra time extends on those template subs. It just seems strange to me that that extra movement time does nothing to help you achieve full board manipulation, yet the lack of extra time helps you get both a prong and a partial board manip.

I get it. I'm just weird when it comes to PAD. I can hit specific colors or combos, but when I have to stack both I become terrible. With light Kirin, I can fairly easily get 6 combos with a TPA, yet ask me to solve a whole board with all 5 colors and I freeze.

I get it. I'm just weird when it comes to PAD. I can hit specific colors or combos, but when I have to stack both I become terrible. With light Kirin, I can fairly easily get 6 combos with a TPA, yet ask me to solve a whole board with all 5 colors and I freeze.
True dat, I tried running Anubis the other day and my average combo count was only as good if not worse than my usual rainbow team despite having more fingers. Being tryhard messes with your regular puzzling brain, somehow.

yami4ct

I think part of it is having a goal makes it way easier to see where you need to put your combos. If you're manipulating a board thinking 'I need to match these specific colors', it becomes easier to see where everything falls into place. If you see a board and think 'I need to combo this as much as possible', the possible matches balloon and it becomes way harder to see the ideal route.

hermit7

Yomidra worth it or wait?

Could field a good team I guess but I already have decent leads and teams already. I am currently running Bastet or Shiva and they can pretty much beat all descends minus arena.

Anyone think they will release more mp dragons later on?

razterik

You always know what to say to get a guy to feel better about himself. =P

So what subs are top players using in place of a second DKali?

LOL, it's just my RaDra envy.

I'm not sure I would say "top" players as much as I was impressed at the skill on display, but I have seen several clears lately with Kanna, Okuninushi, and Ganesha of all things. I am super far from an expert at Arena, so I can't speak for how comparable any of these are to double Dark Kali. I would link some videos, but I'm on limited internet this week.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Yomidra worth it or wait?

Could field a good team I guess but I already have decent leads and teams already. I am currently running Bastet or Shiva and they can pretty much beat all descends minus arena.

Anyone think they will release more mp dragons later on?

I would hold my MP for the second rotation of 300k MP cards in JP. YomiDra team requires much more MP investments in latents if you wanna clear arena. For RaDra team, if your friend has 5 dark resist, you literally only need farmable HP latents on everyone (assuming all hypermaxed with the standard RaDra template).

Join the Sara lifestyle... She is great. I doubt that you will need Sun Quan though, one boardchanger ala Skuld or Karin would be nice.

Don't have either but I do have Hermes, Sodalmelik, alfecca. Any of those useful? I need some Sarasvati freinds.

mains Bastet, Verdandi.

jay23

When can we expect x2.5 skill up again? I have a bunch of devilits for d.Kali.

Wonder how long it'll take to get a mp monster without giving up half of my box. Yomi and ra dragon look beastly.

Okamid3n

Last godfest, I pulled 5 more fire cards.

I shouldn't have pulled during a fire gala because I really want to build a non-red team for a change...

https://www.padherder.com/user/Marth

Do I have anything that could make a C9-10 level team of another color?

Would Zaerog/Haku/Diza/Okuni/Hanzo/Zaerog be viable?

I'll keep focusing on plussing my Shiva team but I need to spend some of my orbs/pys/globes of the other colors too.

Negator

Would Zaerog/Haku/Diza/Okuni/Hanzo/Zaerog be viable?[/spoiler]

It might work. The only thing I would change is to make your Diza/Okuni spot flex and have another orb changer. Otherwise looks pretty solid.

What does your Shiva team look like anyway? I assume something along the lines of Shiva/Cao Cao/Urd/Yamato/Flex? If you just rolled Set, he's going to be pretty ridiculous pretty soon.

Okamid3n

It might work. The only thing I would change is to make your Diza/Okuni spot flex and have another orb changer. Otherwise looks pretty solid.

What does your Shiva team look like anyway? I assume something along the lines of Shiva/Cao Cao/Urd/Yamato/Flex? If you just rolled Set, he's going to be pretty ridiculous pretty soon.

Yeah, that's my Shiva team, usually. Set is getting triple prongs, I see. Nice.

hermit7

New Gabe ult is out. Gets same awakenings as uriel and Michael. And adds attacker type.

Seems pretty decent overall I think, great for neptune Dragon, and overall as a Blue sub with their reliance on rows.

Rixa

Some buffs incoming someday.
Horb.PNG

jay23

Can't believe they're still doing the FB voting thing. Last year some guy on reddit single handedly voted Anubis in with fake accounts.

FZZ

Banned
Can't believe they're still doing the FB voting thing. Last year some guy on reddit single handedly voted Anubis in with fake accounts.

Lmao

Yeah they should switch to JP's system. Also speaking of JP, multiplayer is coming to Android and rank requirements for hosting have been reduced to 200, and joining to 50.

Rixa

Few questions:
How does that coop / multiplayer work?

- Is it coop or do you play against each other?
- Is other player online or is it AI that does the work with player X units?
- Is there some ranking / pts system?
- Do you use STA?
- What are the rewards?
- How hard are the dungeons?

FZZ

Banned
Few questions:
How does that coop / multiplayer work?

- Is it coop or do you play against each other?
- Is other player online or is it AI that does the work with player X units?
- Is there some ranking / pts system?
- Do you use STA?
- What are the rewards?
- How hard are the dungeons?

-You work together.
-It is another player from online.
-Not at the moment.
-Who ever is hosting uses stamina.
-I think it's just stones, exp, and coins for whoever is clearing. Not sure about this actually.
-So far a majority of the dungeons available are Legend Plus, but they're adding more and more.

Hopefully that answered your questions

Here's a video if you're still curious

smbu2000

Yomi Dragon looks really nice with his easy to activate skill. He's the one I really want after spending so much time farming Izanami 5x4 with my Kite team. He'd be even easier to use. I spent all of my MP on Halloween Kali last time though. Maybe when I get some more... Only have like 60k ish at the moment.

Tried out the new ranking dungeon and did okay-ish on my first try, in the middle of the pack at 14% right now. Going to try and raise my score, but luck is also involved since you can't use any skills. Damn, bowl destroyed all of my dark orbs on my second try (was using my Kite team) which screwed me over. Cleared it quicker on my 3rd try, but didn't focus on combos as much so my score was about the same.

Ended up doing decently with plus eggs during the last event. Got the Saria on my iPad up to 260 plus eggs (not too much more for hyper). My current A.Shiva team is A.Shiva/Saria/Cao Cao/Urd/A.Ra. I've been doing pretty well with it even though Urd isn't max skilled (only at 3.) Shiva and Ra are hyper, Saria getting close, others don't have plus eggs.

Changed the D/D Haku on my iPad to A.Haku as well. She was hyper, now I need to skill her up again. Will probably try with 5 orbs whenever the next event starts (2.5x skill up) and then use badpys for whatever is left.

Ended up at 250 plus eggs on the A.Isis on my iPhone. I'm missing all ATK eggs...-_-
Not bad overall though since I finished getting the missing ATK eggs on Halloween Kali and did okay on Isis. Mainly from farming Izanami. I think I picked up 11 dark damage reduction latent tamadras overall. Very nice!
Finally made my A.Orochi as well. Just need a red fruit to make A.Minerva.

I have an Awoken Bastet now. Just need to level her up now and find some more green Piis somewhere

Now to figure out what I have that I can throw in a team with it + 2 Verdandis

first world problems:

please make me interested in a blue team again.

I am the same way with blue, but at least I have a bunch of good subs, just there are no great blue leaders now.

I need Piis in every other color than blue. It's bad. Heck I used a blue Noel to help level up awoken Haku. I've got a bunch already, I didn't need another from true dragon challenge (though it was nice to receive it and the green Noel, he went to Vishnu... :)

On another note zaerog dropped on true dragon, so I am 2/3 of the way to zaerog 8! Just need another zaerog and a super metal!

jay23

Do you guys think they'll change AA Luci active skill?

They need to give him the same treatment the others got, which means at least 2 more tpas.

Do you guys think they'll change AA Luci active skill?

They need to give him the same treatment the others got, which means at least 2 more tpas.

I hope so, the Lolcannon has been completely replaced by other skills, and with that cool down is useless.

I'm hoping for something entirely different, not a damaging attack at all. And more prongs would always be appreciated.

I think I only have 5 flampys with Awoken Shiva and Leilan both on their way. I know Leilan's can be farmed, but her skill is also more use since it's an orb change. So I may end up prioritizing her. Really glad I didn't waste one to finish off Tsubaki.

On a semi-related note I'm so tired of trying to keep up with what's in my mail. I'm about ready to just spend 10 stones on box space and open all my mail to know what I have.

Tried ASak-ing Ilsix, blind. Wow that dungeon is just a whole new level of bullshit. Got most of the way through Starling, but misjudged my damage near the end for the damage shield. Might have been able to go all the way with a bit more luck, to be honest...

razterik

Be careful with Ilsix and A.Sakuya. If you let him use his resolve move below 30% and she blocks the jammers, he smacks you for 22k twice in that turn instead of locking orbs. Instant death for most teams. I ran it once with my Shiva team in JP and made the mistake of taking Minerva.

Rixa

Tried "Journey to the west - Xuanzang's Party - Legend" dungeon. Died to floor 3 Liusha, stupid resolve, stupid -99% hp, stupid 2nd hit that kills you. Yeah not going to bother this dungeon more.

Asshole dungeon is asshole dungeon, cheap shots all they way.

ZombAid82

Tried "Journey to the west - Xuanzang's Party - Legend" dungeon. Died to floor 3 Liusha, stupid resolve, stupid -99% hp, stupid 2nd hit that kills you. Yeah not going to bother this dungeon more.

Asshole dungeon is asshole dungeon, cheap shots all they way.

I died two times on the second floor, because orb troll, why not!
I'm staying away as far as possible for the foreseeable future

ZombAid82

I rolled on the Godfest 3 times:
Got: Ganesha :-(2nd)
Cao Cao (Yes, for my Verdandi(?))
Ares :-(also 2nd)

Yup, if one really needs Dark-Eyed Dragon Monk, Xuanzang for Awoken Haku, easier place for Verdandi teams is to grab it from Descended Carnival 1, same place you can get Tengu.

That's where my Tengu is from. And a Medjedra(don't know how it's written and i'm at work) from her/his descended dungeon!
Now all i need is a goemon für my a. susano.
What's the easiest to get one?
At Arrival Carnival i had no Chance against him :-(
Got Dark-Eyed Dragon Monk, Xuanzang but i have no Haku:-(

Top Bottom