• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

smbu2000

Having so-so luck running the Wednesday dungeon. I want/need a lot of Green masks, but my drop rate has slightly favored blue ones. I need to finish the last skill up on my Zuoh #2 and I want to evo a lot of my green cards that require green masks now like Verdandi/Artemis/Kushinada

Same on my iPad although the ratio is even more in favor of blue dropping. Zuoh on here is only at level 3...
Tried "Journey to the west - Xuanzang's Party - Legend" dungeon. Died to floor 3 Liusha, stupid resolve, stupid -99% hp, stupid 2nd hit that kills you. Yeah not going to bother this dungeon more.

Asshole dungeon is asshole dungeon, cheap shots all they way.
Yeah, that one usually gets you the first time. Liusha has low HP though, on mythical as well, so it's very easy to activate that deadly attack. Your best bet is to take along a character with delay. I usually just use my Vegito 1 turn delay, knock Liusha down to 1 HP which gets rid of the resolve and then any attack takes her out.

On my A.Shiva team, I used Cao Cao's 1 turn on Liusha.
Be careful with Ilsix and A.Sakuya. If you let him use his resolve move below 30% and she blocks the jammers, he smacks you for 22k twice in that turn instead of locking orbs. Instant death for most teams. I ran it once with my Shiva team in JP and made the mistake of taking Minerva.
With Sakuya, I'd assume the best way to knock him down below 30% would be to use her 20% gravity skill.
When I ran it, I just used Indra to help me tank his attacks. (much easier to do with 40k HP on my DLKali team) I couldn't make enough useful orbs with his locked jammers, so I had to tank his 111k attack. Much easier to do with Indra and some of my team having dark damage resist latent awakenings.

Be careful with Ilsix and A.Sakuya. If you let him use his resolve move below 30% and she blocks the jammers, he smacks you for 22k twice in that turn instead of locking orbs. Instant death for most teams. I ran it once with my Shiva team in JP and made the mistake of taking Minerva.
This dungeon is horseshit

Jagernaut

I'm trying to max skill Misato before Evangelion dungeon ends. What is the lowest difficulty that has a guaranteed floor 6 drop on 1.5x or 2x?

Is there any team that can deal with this journey to the west dungeon?

I just don't have enough damage, or I can heal enough, or both. I figured I may delay out of the round 3 resolve, but even then I have to GET to it.

hermit7

I just don't have enough damage, or I can heal enough, or both. I figured I may delay out of the round 3 resolve, but even then I have to GET to it.

Ran it with Shiva, use delay on the third floor (for resolve).

You have 3 turns on the second floor. Turn 1 he will hit you with 99%, under 50% he will use a one turn enhance and then kill.

Money king will create light orbs, or poison and jammer. He doesn't hit too hard so you can stall here.

Final two floors are pretty simple. Use skills as needed. What are you using to clear?

I did Legend with an Awoken Ra team; need to do some damage to Liusha because I don't remember off the top of my head that both Ra skills will be enough before nuking, then stall out Dark Xuanzang. I think I got lucky where I didn't get hearttrolled on that one.

razterik

Money king will create light orbs, or poison and jammer. He doesn't hit too hard so you can stall here.

Wukong cycles through a pattern of skills, eventually hitting for 21k.

Cruised through with YomiDra, but that's no big feat. Okuni on resolve, Dark Iza shield for everything else, just orb changed whenever.

hermit7

Wukong cycles through a pattern of skills, eventually hitting for 21k.

Cruised through with YomiDra, but that's no big feat. Okuni on resolve, Dark Iza shield for everything else, just orb changed whenever.

Ah I never let him cycle all the way then. I let him make light, then jammer and poison and then just poison before I got beat him (maybe 3 turns).

Biggest thing for the dungeon is making sure that you have a way to stall through the third floors resolve. If you trigger the resolve he hits for 99% and then has another hit that wipes the floor.

linsivvi

I ran a triple delay Horus team and it was a breeze. Used delay in floor 2, 3 and 6. Chocobo was my last sub.

jay23

How many turns do I have to kill zaerog?

Edit: nvm shitty leilan board got me killed :(

Perfect run all the way till the end

Ran it with Shiva, use delay on the third floor (for resolve).

You have 3 turns on the second floor. Turn 1 he will hit you with 99%, under 50% he will use a one turn enhance and then kill.

Final two floors are pretty simple. Use skills as needed. What are you using to clear?

Shiva with delay is how I ended up taking it down on Mythical. Now on to legendary for the stone...

hermit7

How many turns do I have to kill zaerog?

Edit: nvm shitty leilan board got me killed :(

Perfect run all the way till the end

2 if you don't hit him below 25 percent.

If you hit him too hard then he uses 100% gravity.

If you have a delay I would use that if possible or if you have the damage you can burst him.

Jagernaut

Just beat True Dragon Realm for the first time. It went smoothly, killed Zaerog in 1 shot with a Verdandi active.

SQbT3Ba.jpg

jay23

2 if you don't hit him below 25 percent.

If you hit him too hard then he uses 100% gravity.

If you have a delay I would use that if possible or if you have the damage you can burst him.

I used delay on the previous floor(cao cao), I wanted to keep leilan for the final floor but her active always screws me.

Just beat True Dragon Realm for the first time. It went smoothly, killed Zaerog in 1 shot with a Verdandi active.

Nice, I know I can get this done in the next couple of days.

*A Pilgrim’s Feast Event*
[Duration]: 11/20 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) - 11/29 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Fall brings out the favor of a true nature’s bounty! With this special Thanksgiving Event, take the time to appreciate the strength of the roots we’ve laid down, and how we continue to grow.

The Player’s Choice Godfest is coming up soon, and after that, the Puzzle & Dragons North American Qualifier! All exciting things, there’s so much to behold.

■① Daily Login Bonuses
11/20 - 11/29 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Onward Further Still!
The Ultimate Rush dungeons appear once again to enable all your Latent Tamadra farming needs! For more information on Latent Tamadras and Awakenings, see here http://on.fb.me/1YCF3cO

11/20 - 11/21 - Ultimate Yamato Rush!
11/23 - 11/24 - Ultimate Devil Rush!
11/25 - 11/26 - Ultimate Dragon Rush!
11/28 - 11/29 - Ultimate God Rush!

■③ Recounting Memories
Extreme King Metal TAMADRA’s gift dungeon provides a reminder of all ranks past!

11/20 - 11/29 - Experience of a Lifetime

■④ Sustenance for Strength Renewed
Challenge Dungeon Series 16 and the inclusion of some classic special dungeons provide opportunities to reap great rewards, either in the form of gifts or skill ups.

11/20 - 11/29 - Challenge Dungeons!
11/22 - 11/24 - Dark Night Sword
11/25 - 11/27 - Ocean Demon

■⑤ Special Event Content
She’s as cold as Is.

11/20 - 11/22 - ????????????

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
Latent TAMADRA Invades from 11/20 through 11/29!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1YCF3cO
11/20 - Sphinx Descended!
11/21 - Grimoires Descended!
11/22 - Takeminakata Descended!
11/23 - Jord Descended!
11/23 - Nordis Descended!
11/24 - Hera-Is Descended!
11/25 - The Goddess Descended!
11/26 - Sonia Gran Descended!
11/26 - Zhang Fei!!
11/27 - Izanami Descended!
11/28 - Hera-Ur Descended!
11/28 - Dragon Zombie
11/29 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
1129 - Guan Yinping!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons [ends on 11/30 (Mon), 12:00 PM (PST)]

Fusion Bonus:
2.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2.5x chance for Skill Up

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Indigo Descended is the ???? descended

hermit7

Ult set and a. Thor are out.

Evoed Set. I am not sure his viability over hino, but it might be useful if you need the 1.5 bonus. Also works well as an combo with urd if you don't need the hearts.

Honestly might just use him while farming if I don't need all of the sbr

Played it safe and cleared Journey to the West with RaDra. Much easier to throttle damage against resolve, and easy to stall with the RCV multiplier. In fact, not sure I could even do a minimum combo with A.Ra without bringing Sha Wujing below 1%.

Damn that's disappointing. I guess if I ever need to make a tanky Urd team she'll be nice, but I don't really see myself using her much as is.

razterik

But guys she has 90 RCV now. So good.

It almost feels like there's a TPA ShivDra team waiting to be made with her and Set, but it's still lacking something.

Looks like Raphael is getting skill ups in new light dog dragon dungeon. Apocalypse next? The Sengoku skill ups in those are just horrendously tedious, though. Piis are probably more efficient, I've had no luck with Sanada.

Nice that we are skipping straight to the updated Norse.

Next NA event is pretty stale unless there's a surprise waiting. Indigo isn't worth anything outside Awoken material. Stat latents are mostly useless. 5x tech, bleh. I think this Challenge dungeon set is the one without any pii rewards (unless they change it). Only jewels and then 3 Tamadras with 30 stat plus eggs, which is a really small gain now. Going to max out some EVA cards and then burn stamina for a week, I guess. Resist latents and 10x please.

Rixa

Tamadra Retreat great time for me (20.00 EET / Group C). Plan is to do it twice then rank up and do again twice and use 3 stones for 7 runs. I need shitton of awokens.

razterik

New JP Descended Challenge is 30 different dungeons, rewards two piis of each color, full set of rainbow resist latents, full set stat latents, full set jewels, and the usual low tier stuff. And it looks like they dropped the low cost restriction on Tengu dungeon in it. Yay, I can finish them all and claim both stones at the end this time. My mailbox is going to be so full after this.

bjork

Need like 7-8 dragon fruits, so of course the first handful of times I run the Thursday dungeon, they don't drop. Heh.

I finally got my Echidna to max level, but she's only +40 or so. Is the common method for + eggs to put them all onto a character with a low max level and then feed that to the higher level character you're trying to +297 on?

yami4ct

New JP Descended Challenge is 30 different dungeons, rewards two piis of each color, full set of rainbow resist latents, full set stat latents, full set jewels, and the usual low tier stuff. And it looks like they dropped the low cost restriction on Tengu dungeon in it. Yay, I can finish them all and claim both stones at the end this time. My mailbox is going to be so full after this.

The Jewels I need are in the Dungeons I know I can clear. Yay! Awoken Kirin is looking real close now.

Rixa

Glad that I noticed Echidna would be useful in Goemon dungeon. This was my 2nd try in that dungeon. Wood team ain exactly best option there, but with no water units, I could stall in 4/5 (Mitsuki) floor to get my skill level 1 Echidna up. Then it was somewhat easy to do Goemon floor.

Verdandi / Echidna / Verdandi / Vishnu / GZL / f.Verdandi
That party should work at Mythical too. Ofc it would be better to have more skill levels in Echidna.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Beat Journey to the West easy after failing once. Just subbed in CaoCao and cleared it with my Bastet team - sometimes i forget what other useful subs i have because i am too focused and used to a specific team.

PS. Missing a evo material to evolve Set...meh. Now i kinda wish i didnt sell my dupe of him a couple month ago..then again i dont play fire teams anyway.
Tamadra Retreat great time for me (20.00 EET / Group C). Plan is to do it twice then rank up and do again twice and use 3 stones for 7 runs. I need shitton of awokens.
Shit that would normally be a great time for me as well but i will miss it thanks to the Gym today... -.-

I hope you get some solid runs in.
Glad that I noticed Echidna would be useful in Goemon dungeon. This was my 2nd try in that dungeon. Wood team ain exactly best option there, but with no water units, I could stall in 4/5 (Mitsuki) floor to get my skill level 1 Echidna up. Then it was somewhat easy to do Goemon floor.

Verdandi / Echidna / Verdandi / Vishnu / GZL / f.Verdandi
That party should work at Mythical too. Ofc it would be better to have more skill levels in Echidna.

Congrats,
need to get one copy of him as well later - might work on his Uevo.

Rixa

Beat Journey to the West easy after failing once. Just subbed in CaoCao and cleared it with my Bastet team - sometimes i forget what other useful subs i have because i am too focused and used to a specific team.

Shit that would normally be a great time for me as well but i will miss it thanks to the Gym today... -.-

I hope you get some solid runs in.

Congrats,
need to get one copy of him as well later - might work on his Uevo.

Those Tama babies will go to my R/G Cao Cao which I managed to max skill last week. Most times it will be much better sub than Echidna, if I dont need 3 turns delay.

Rest of Tamas go to Snow White & Orochi, I need one Water jewel for A.Orochi. Leftover tamas go towards fire cards & wooden Wee Jas.
Not getting enough awokens but its better than 0.

Goemon (uevo) seems to be nice leader as being farmable card.

ZombAid82

Those Tama babies will go to my R/G Cao Cao which I managed to max skill last week. Most times it will be much better sub than Echidna, if I dont need 3 turns delay.

Rest of Tamas go to Snow White & Orochi, I need one Water jewel for A.Orochi. Leftover tamas go towards fire cards & wooden Wee Jas.
Not getting enough awokens but its better than 0.

Goemon (uevo) seems to be nice leader as being farmable card.

Just got a Cao Cao.
I died 2 times at goemon's legend dungeon, and have beaten him with OHKO, with my physical Blue Team but unfortunaly he didn't drop *grrrr*

Need like 7-8 dragon fruits, so of course the first handful of times I run the Thursday dungeon, they don't drop. Heh.

I finally got my Echidna to max level, but she's only +40 or so. Is the common method for + eggs to put them all onto a character with a low max level and then feed that to the higher level character you're trying to +297 on?

I would say yes, i'm doing it that way.

linsivvi

This is glorious.

Sadly we won't get this for at least 3-4 months.

Rixa

Today is awesome so far. Managed to Beat normal Dungeons 26 and 27 using My fav Team

Meanwhile i'm trying to learn how to use Multi orb required team using this team.

I'm also trying to Build a decent attacker team.
Any thoughts? I habe thumbalina and asuka in My box.

I'm also Testing a Sumire team, since sasuke seems quite excited about her/him.
Since we are friends in EUland you could also test Zhuge Liang as leader.
Paired with my uevo max level Verdandi. Use wood fillers and Thumbelina & Odin in team. Atleast give it a shot in endless dungeons. If it works maybe evolve Odin & ZL, once GZL uevo hits EU you get really nice leader option there too.

What other wood units you have beside Thumbelina & Odin.

Satsuki has the awkward problem where most of her good subs are REM only, the overlap between dark element monsters and attackers that you can farm is pretty low.

Sumire is a monocolor leader, so trying to rainbow team with her (and with monsters where it is impossible to activate her leader skill) is ill advised. Try slowly working your way through normal dungeons until you clear Ocean of Heaven, then an alternate normal dungeon path will open up where you can grab a Berserk which will be really good for that team. When the Water Carnival dungeon shows up in NA/EU you can farm a Mystic Ice Knight who will also be useful.

IMO practicing with Leilan and activating her leader skill will help you get much better at doing what's required of you later in the game. Kirin is "better" for that but also takes more skill to use - I've been gushing about how good her new awoken form is, but that's a bit far off for you atm.

Negator

I'm really looking forward to Water Carnival. SQ and Nut skillups are beyond painful and they pretty much need them to function properly.

guys give me a tip, i finally got my awoken bastet,

this is the team im running.

https://www.padherder.com/user/whitel@JP/teams/#151431

is there any sub i should swap?
I would use Cu Chu in place of Cell. With two Liu Bei's, you have plenty of damage, and a five turn orb change is super useful on Bastet teams.

And you'll want to get a board changer at some point. Alot of endgame dungeons basically require one. Obviously not something you have much control over though.

Jagernaut

Yes, Awoken Meimei or Verdandi should be added to the team as soon as you get one.

Edit. He already has Sasuke for a 5 turn orb changer. Cell should be replaced if you get Meimei or Verdandi.

Is there a significance to the letters they put after "PAD" or is it all arbitrary? PADZ, PADW, PADX, etc.
Don't know where the Z comes from, but W is used for the "double" part of "double-u" since PADW gives you two apps in one. See also W ultras in street fighter

X usually represents cross in Japanese (see Monster Hunter X for another Capcom example) and I think it's because you can fuse with a monster as power armor or something??? idk

Yes, Awoken Meimei or Verdandi should be added to the team as soon as you get one.

Edit. He already has Sasuke for a 5 turn orb changer. Cell should be replaced if you get Meimei or Verdandi.
I don't think Cell really adds anything to this setup. His active is mostly useless and on too long of a CD. Cu Chu keeps the green orbs flowing and activates Bastets leader skill twice as often. With Cu, Sasuke, and 2x Bastet, you have 36x on 4/5 turns.

That said, definitely lose Cu Chu or Sasuke with a board changer when you can. And for some content you'll need to find a place for a shield, probably in place of one Liu Bei. DIzanami is a solid option if you can skill her up.

Kyuur

Man, just saw Kaede buff. I really want her now, to replace Verdandi as a lead. She's far better.

Edit: With exception of active.

Top Bottom