• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

server issues?

haven't been able to play for a few hours - every other internet connection/game working fine.

edit -
- it really is some bullshit when there are server issues and there are time limited dungeons I wanted to run.

Quantum

Things working fine for me on iOS.

I still have no connection to PAD, all other connections fine. Total frustration when planning my play time, but I guess I'll chalk it up to sprint or fios - the odd thing is it wont connect either via wifi or lte - which has me wondering about the game server.

edit: more infuriating - I can click on the banners on the lower part of the launch screen and it brings up the facebook links just fine - its just the game.

coy

I just signed in without issue on iOS. I asked my gf to login on Android and it was fine as well. Hoping it sorts itself quickly for y'all.

J0dy77

My love hate for Awoken Kirin continues. Face Rolled Sonia Gran because RNG was in my favor. I didn't need to activate one skill on the entire run, just wiped each floor.

It's only for the upcoming Descended Challenge, I think. Cause last time the Noel was locked behind Tengu and people had issues trying to beat it. Wonder if it's going to be retroactively applied for when NA/EU gets the same Descended Challenge.

Rixa

I did 11 times Tamadra Retreat.
Only once did Tamadra drop from last floor, 10 times it was Chibidra. In one run managed to get 2 Chibidras, 2 Tama invades, once I saw Tamadra among Baby Tamadras. My haul:

- 11 Chibidras
- 3 Tamadras
- 30 Baby Tamadras

Sigh, now to feed those tamas...

PCGF survey results look really good so far. As it stands, 21/30 would be new to me, and I can always use another DKali. Probably voting for Cao Cao, Pandora, or Okuninushi, whatever needs the most help at the end.

razterik

Yeah, I see no indication that Tengu change applies to the regular dungeon yet. Still, yes please. And do Draggie, Gaia and RO Ace while we're at it. I'd love to sell or feed off all the low cost junk I hang onto for these. It's a bad restriction that runs counter to everything else in the game.

Doesn't look like NA's Challenge 16 rewards are getting updated to something useful. And I forgot all these dungeons are Rogue-style level up affairs. Yuck! That stage 10 floor 1 Satan with a team of level 1s is dumb, and the Goemon preempt is way past HP range on most unleveled teams.

Rixa

Cao Cao: 4/5, 0/2, 0/2, 1/2, 0/1, 0/1 1/1 = 6 awokens / 14 B Tamas used.
Viper Orochi: 1/4, 1/3, 2/2 = 4 awokens / 9 B Tamas used.
Snow White: 3/4, 0/1, 0/1, 0/1 = 3 awokens / 7 B Tamas used.
Success rate: 13/30

Iam out of Baby Tamas, fuck this shit, couldnt max awoken Snow White, got 3 Tamadras left.

Edit:
Cao Cao is max skilled and max awoken. A.Orochi needs one Water Jewel to happen. These teams need about 20 Tamadras still :(
Screenshot_2015-11-19-21-23-44.png
Screenshot_2015-11-19-21-23-53.png
Atleast I have somekinda of plans for those dungeons that I just cant do with Verdandi leading wood teams.

hermit7

Yeah, I see no indication that Tengu change applies to the regular dungeon yet. Still, yes please. And do Draggie, Gaia and RO Ace while we're at it. I'd love to sell or feed off all the low cost junk I hang onto for these. It's a bad restriction that runs counter to everything else in the game.

Doesn't look like NA's Challenge 16 rewards are getting updated to something useful. And I forgot all these dungeons are Rogue-style level up affairs. Yuck! That stage 10 floor 1 Satan with a team of level 1s is dumb, and the Goemon preempt is way past HP range on most unleveled teams.

Yeah I am worried about these challenge dungeons as well.

What about an a. Orochi team that can survive the preemptive strikes, and still deal out a reasonable amount of damage? Use delays as needed (Athena) and the fact that goemon is fire means double damage. Rcv is an issue, but water tends to have decent rcv already so it can be managed.

NineH

I'm trying to max skill Misato before Evangelion dungeon ends. What is the lowest difficulty that has a guaranteed floor 6 drop on 1.5x or 2x?

I'm trying to do the same and it's going to be tough using natural stamina. I know it's a small sample size but I ran the 45 stamina legend dungeon 7 times during 1.5x drop rate and got 100% drops. I didn't try the 40 stamina one because I have a feeling the floor 6 tamas won't drop with a 100% drop rate.

Jagernaut

I'm trying to do the same and it's going to be tough using natural stamina. I know it's a small sample size but I ran the 45 stamina legend dungeon 7 times during 1.5x drop rate and got 100% drops. I didn't try the 40 stamina one because I have a feeling the floor 6 tamas won't drop with a 100% drop rate.

Thanks, I will probably try 40 stamina on 2x on Saturday.

I added ultimate evo Set to my Awoken Shiva team and after his active he did almost 4 million damage on trifruits with no plus eggs. Set is my only fire triple donger so I'll use him even with his long cooldown.

Awoken Shiva +250
Awoken Minerva
Set
Yamato
Awoken Leilan
Awoken Shiva +297

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Director’s Choice Carnival*
[Duration]: 11/20 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11/26 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

A new Director’s Choice Carnival has been assembled just in time for Thanksgiving, with 3x Rates!

Featured monsters pop out at level 30 and above, and all monsters are guaranteed +Egg status!

*The +Egg guarantee will apply to both the monsters from the Rare Egg Machine and the EVANGELION Egg Machine during the duration of this Director’s Choice Carnival event.

See the full lineup below:

★6
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

★5
799 Ame no Uzume
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
803 Kushinadahime
805 Izanagi
807 Okuninushi

2264 Sanada Yukimura
2266 Mori Motonari
2268 Ishida Mitsunari
2270 Maeda Keiji
2272 Akechi Mitsuhide

1614 Fire Wizard, Laila
1616 Water Wizard, Sharon
1618 Wood Wizard, Leeza
1620 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1624 Wandering Wizard, Wee-Jas
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester
1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee-Jas
1706 Red Sky Wizard, Chester

Would be good but the Wizards will probably troll you.

Dandte

Since we are friends in EUland you could also test Zhuge Liang as leader.
Paired with my uevo max level Verdandi. Use wood fillers and Thumbelina & Odin in team. Atleast give it a shot in endless dungeons. If it works maybe evolve Odin & ZL, once GZL uevo hits EU you get really nice leader option there too.

What other wood units you have beside Thumbelina & Odin.

I will give it a try :) My notable...well i only have 4 other wood units :/
Juda, Dragon Knight, Green Fairy and Brachio.
I feel like a have a few decent leader but no subs at all :/

Btw do you know anything about a europe version of the padguide?
Satsuki has the awkward problem where most of her good subs are REM only, the overlap between dark element monsters and attackers that you can farm is pretty low.

Sumire is a monocolor leader, so trying to rainbow team with her (and with monsters where it is impossible to activate her leader skill) is ill advised. Try slowly working your way through normal dungeons until you clear Ocean of Heaven, then an alternate normal dungeon path will open up where you can grab a Berserk which will be really good for that team. When the Water Carnival dungeon shows up in NA/EU you can farm a Mystic Ice Knight who will also be useful.

IMO practicing with Leilan and activating her leader skill will help you get much better at doing what's required of you later in the game. Kirin is "better" for that but also takes more skill to use - I've been gushing about how good her new awoken form is, but that's a bit far off for you atm.

Thanks for the infos :) I'm getting the feel that monocolor teams are better than rainbow team in pad?

Btw looks like i made a big mistake. Since i'm playing optc a lot and am constantly switching devices, depending which i need for the day i transferred my pad account to my ipad....looks like i made a big mistake and you can only switch every 30 days Oo is there an other way to switch devices?

Thanks for the infos :) I'm getting the feel that monocolor teams are better than rainbow team in pad?

Btw looks like i made a big mistake. Since i'm playing optc a lot and am constantly switching devices, depending which i need for the day i transferred my pad account to my ipad....looks like i made a big mistake and you can only switch every 30 days Oo is there an other way to switch devices?

Think of it this way: with one single orb match, you attack with six monsters on a monocolor team but only ~one monster on a rainbow team. Rainbow leaders tend to have higher ATK multipliers to compensate, though.

You can also start getting a sense of what types of monsters you want on your team following that logic. Monocolor teams like to have orb changers to keep the damage flowing, while rainbow teams like full board converters to guarantee they can be activated, or delay/defense cards to protect themselves while they set up.

You might also notice that people hardly ever talk about monotype teams; this is because they don't really cleanly fit in either archetype and trying to mix archetypes in this game just leads to pain. Monotype teams tend to be either monocolor or rainbow teams first that all happen to have very specific monsters of the same type by coincidence.

hermit7

FINALLY beat my first legend plus

Congrats. Legend plus are hard but as you play them more the dungeon mechanics get easier to account for.

As an aside anyone dreading the rogue dungeon mechanics for this set of challenge dungeons? Even levels 8 and 9 which I am fairly comfortable with look difficult.

Rixa

Iam wondering how this level up mechanics works?
This pic is taken from Challenge 4 floor 2. Why is my Vishnu getting more levels than other wood units? All my wood units are max leveled. I understand Muse situation since its not near max level in experience (73 or so).

Is the reason that Vishnu has 4m exp curve while Verdandi & GZL has 5m exp curve?

So is it better to get smaller exp curve max leveled units to these challenges?

^^ Your monsters gain exp based on their cost. So high-cost monsters level-up more slowly than low-cost monsters.

I've had very good results to start off this 2.5x skillup event. Maxed several monsters including Z8 and A.Sakuya. Used 12 jewels on Sak. So now I've maxed all the awoken Chinese with just jewels.

Rixa

^^ Your monsters gain exp based on their cost. So high-cost monsters level-up more slowly than low-cost monsters.

I've had very good results to start off this 2.5x skillup event. Maxed several monsters including Z8 and A.Sakuya. Used 12 jewels on Sak. So now I've maxed all the awoken Chinese with just jewels.

Well that explains :).

Grats for good skill up results. I fed 4 Super dark dragons to Persephone and got one skill up. Thats one of those units that I hope wont get "great / super" during those feedings.
Snowglobe blanc got Great when I fed one super light dragon, that went nicely.

razterik

Level ups are (mostly) determined by unit cost. Verdandi and GZL are cost 50, which is somewhat high, so they won't level up as fast as Vishnu or Muse, who cost 35 and 17, respectively. Don't expect all your cards to reach max level and stats in these dungeons.

Generally it's not worth sacrificing your better cards to try to run something worse that will level faster. The best way to compensate for the decreased stats is with plus eggs, but often you will have to adjust your normal strategy to accommodate lower team HP and damage output.

And beat because I went to look up specific cost values, haha.

Fed 13 jewels to A.Sakuya and ended up one shy of max skill. It's my JP experience all over again! Hopefully she'll max skill soon off jewels. I have more than a dozen light piis in my box, but I'm not using her right now anyway.

linsivvi

2 out of 5 skill up for Sakuya
3 out of 10 skill up for Zuoh

Even got a skill up for Chiyome just from the drops for clearing Fire Carnival.

Pretty good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tried Yamato Rush for the first.....and of course i get the most ridiculous green orbs skyfall against Hino on my 2nd turn so that he survives and uses Grudge Howl ...and i die on Goemon.

Tbh i am getting tired of these cheap mechanics and RNG...
FINALLY beat my first legend plus

Very nice - congrats !! Gotta Get those Snowglobes :-D

9/28 on skillups this morning. Came up one short on Zidane but I finished off Cloud which is much more important. Hopefully he gets and uvo next time the collab comes around.

I'm not convinced the fifth angel can drop on floor three of the Eva collab. After 6 runs I have nothing but fourth angel drops. Got a couple Odin skill ups though.

Negator

Finally hypermaxed Skuld this morning. Jeez.

Actually went 3/5 skilling up Urd! Hopefully can skill her up fully next week and not have to worry about Trifruits again until Dragon Callers rotate back in.

YOLO rolled in the Director's Carnival. Pulled Ishida Mitsunari to complete my Samurai pantheon. Now I just need to restrain myself from rolling for Valks that I will never pull.

Experience of a Lifetime pushed me to rank 151.

I pulled Kushinadahime on the rank 150 pull.

Not terrible, but doesn't help my team position at all. :(

Dandte

Think of it this way: with one single orb match, you attack with six monsters on a monocolor team but only ~one monster on a rainbow team. Rainbow leaders tend to have higher ATK multipliers to compensate, though.

You can also start getting a sense of what types of monsters you want on your team following that logic. Monocolor teams like to have orb changers to keep the damage flowing, while rainbow teams like full board converters to guarantee they can be activated, or delay/defense cards to protect themselves while they set up.

You might also notice that people hardly ever talk about monotype teams; this is because they don't really cleanly fit in either archetype and trying to mix archetypes in this game just leads to pain. Monotype teams tend to be either monocolor or rainbow teams first that all happen to have very specific monsters of the same type by coincidence.
Once again, really usefull infos. thanks a lot!

Grml, did a ruby dragon 50 stamina run. normally i can clear the 50 sta version perfectly fine with my rainbow gods and an evolved bane, but this time i met a single buffed up red dragon who striked me with 6k dmg...

Also i can't wait for the PCGF, looks like Isis has quite some votes. I will pull 4 times and hopefully get something good.

Negator

Awoken Orochi is a real powerhouse in these challenge dungeons. He has low cost so he is always high level, he's your damage dealer and blows stuff up, and has huge health. What a badass.

Rixa

Awoken Orochi is a real powerhouse in these challenge dungeons. He has low cost so he is always high level, he's your damage dealer and blows stuff up, and has huge health. What a badass.

Thats the dilemma :(. I have all the other materials ready and evolved for A.Orochi. Iam missing one Jewel of Water. I cant clear that Challenge 6 which would give me that Jewel.
Not sure if I should buy one Jewel from MP shop and put A.O. as leader.

Anybody care if I make them a best friend? I have the option to add one on both my accounts and at this point its costing me PAL points.

As for leads I have Set right now at level 97. Otherwise I have some that are low level that might be good when I get around to upgrading them, like Zuoh, Tsubaki, Urd, Ilm, Perseus, and Susano.

Dandte

Anybody care if I make them a best friend? I have the option to add one on both my accounts and at this point its costing me PAL points.

As for leads I have Set right now at level 97. Otherwise I have some that are low level that might be good when I get around to upgrading them, like Zuoh, Tsubaki, Urd, Ilm, Perseus, and Susano.

Europe player? feels like rixas second and myself are the only european puzzlers here.

NineH

Went 1/15 on Misato skill ups. Looks like I won't be able to max skill her during this event. The Eva collab comes around every few months right? I sure hope so.

Went 1/15 on Misato skill ups. Looks like I won't be able to max skill her during this event. The Eva collab comes around every few months right? I sure hope so.
I think the major collabs are on a one year cycle nowadays. At least in NA.

Finally max skilled Verdandi amd Meimei. Next up for my green team is Osiris but it looks like Wood Carnival dungeon may not coincide with 2.5x skill ups.

Top Bottom