• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Phoenix Rider, Cao Cao, and whatever combo of your Kalis works for you. Seems about as ideal as it gets for Horus.

Thanks

Sucks that besides red valk there isn't that many good red/light options.

Got this while going after Sphinx
q252smD.jpg

Jagernaut

Thanks

Sucks that besides red valk there isn't that many good red/light options.

Got this while going after Sphinx

For Fire/Light you can use Ares, Misato, and Squall (I have all 3). The first 2 remove 1 color so you can only do 36x but they create a lot of fire orbs.

Edit. Also Gigas is farmable and ok except for the negative rcv.

yami4ct

Man, A. Sakuya sure is expensive to evolve. I made the mistake of thing L. Fagan took 1 of each jewel, so I thought I was only needing 1 extra Light Jewel. Since he needs 2, I need to farm 2 when they show up. Ugh. I really don't like the way Jewels have gone in this. They are way too important to show up as rarely as they do and I feel like there needs to be more of them offered to low quality teams so they have a chance to actually get to the point where they can farm them. They are way too expensive in the MP shop for that to be a viable alternative. If G-H wanted the MP shop to help out lower powered teams, than Jewels should be like 5-6k instead of 10k.

In other news, I'm super duper surprised at how powerful A. Susano is. A lot of that is due to me also throwing a bunch of Piis so his skill is way shorter than he was pre-evolved, but he's really helped my team. His active is surprisingly short for how much utility it has and the 2 extra SB and TPA are fantastic new Awakenings. It might be a bit questionable if losing 2 turns of his active is worth the better damage and 1 turn haste, but I definitely love him so far. To me, it was definitely a worthwhile tradeoff.

razterik

You can always run Nordis in the JP Descended Challenge for the light jewel invade, heh. I got my final A.Sakuya skill level today...after dying four times with my ShivDra team. Needs more plus eggs and I should have switched my lineup a bit instead of brute forcing it. Also died three times before clearing Z8, twice to an invade.

Between those and two failed level 10 attempts in NA, today's been a bust. Frustrating.

hermit7

Ran indigo for the first time. Pretty easy overall, bastet makes it a breeze even with the increased health. Adding in a sky fall like vishnu and it is cake.

I don't think I am going to work for awoken Thor, the Norse aren't very enticing to me aside from maybe Freyja.

yami4ct

You can always run Nordis in the JP Descended Challenge for the light jewel invade, heh. I got my final A.Sakuya skill level today...after dying four times with my ShivDra team. Needs more plus eggs and I should have switched my lineup a bit instead of brute forcing it. Also died three times before clearing Z8, twice to an invade.

Between those and two failed level 10 attempts in NA, today's been a bust. Frustrating.

Is there anywhere that lists the jewel invades for the Descend challenge? I totally forgot they were invaded in the challenge stuff this time.

Also not really sure I can clear Nordis reliably. I guess since he's a special dungeon, that gives me an OK chance.

hermit7

Is there anywhere that lists the jewel invades for the Descend challenge? I totally forgot they were invaded in the challenge stuff this time.

Also not really sure I can clear Nordis reliably. I guess since he's a special dungeon, that gives me an OK chance.

Padx has them listed under the rewards.

yami4ct

Found it on Game8. Looks like Kirin invades Kanetesugu, Aamir, Jord, Indigo, and Nordis. I guess Kanetesugu and Aamir are probably the most doable, but I don't like forcing a dark onto my squad for Kantesugu.

linsivvi

Ohhh we get 3 Piis, 3 stones and a Tamadra out of that stream!

BTW Tamadra Retreat is coming back. Must be because of the connection problem some people had?

hermit7

Ohhh we get 3 Piis, 3 stones and a Tamadra out of that stream!

BTW Tamadra Retreat is coming back. Must be because of the connection problem some people had?

Sweet on Tamadra retreat.

Need a bunch still even after getting in a few runs last time. Kirin is awoken just need 7 more awakening and still have Haku waiting as well.

3 pii is the most I think that we have ever gotten from a stream. Going to go towards finishing Ame, susano and Haku.

linsivvi

Sweet on Tamadra retreat.

Need a bunch still even after getting in a few runs last time. Kirin is awoken just need 7 more awakening and still have Haku waiting as well.

3 pii is the most I think that we have ever gotten from a stream. Going to go towards finishing Ame, susano and Haku.

Well PADX took it off the schedule so maybe it was just an error. Oops.

Negator

Dragon Challenge finished. Finished level 7. Switched over to the Bastet team for the last four. Hyper'd Vishnu at level 1 can still do over 200k damage lol

ZombAid82

I did 11 times Tamadra Retreat.
Only once did Tamadra drop from last floor, 10 times it was Chibidra. In one run managed to get 2 Chibidras, 2 Tama invades, once I saw Tamadra among Baby Tamadras. My haul:

- 11 Chibidras
- 3 Tamadras
- 30 Baby Tamadras

Sigh, now to feed those tamas...

Hey Rixa,

what's the highest rank you can beat in the new Challenge Dungeons?
And with what team?
Just curios, if i'm on par with you, because of Rank and Monsters similarity.

Rixa

Watched that stream, fun stuff. Richard played very nicely :D.
Nice I get more Tamas \o/, Tama Retreat for me in 2h time. Going to blow some stones & use that Experience of lifetime dungeon too.
Hey Rixa,

what's the highest rank you can beat in the new Challenge Dungeons?
And with what team?
Just curios, if i'm on par with you, because of Rank and Monsters similarity.

I tried 6th, cant do over 4m damage to boss :(.
Instead of 2nd Verdandi took Phact and GZL was replaced by GRG due to unit cost.

Indigo fell to my Bastet team, Vishnu overriding the 99 turn blue orb increased skyfalls was amazing. It was difficult to work with a 7x6 board but I succeeded.

Bastet leads/Perseus/Liu Biu/ verdandi/Vishnu team. Blocked most jammers and all poison orbs.

I also took down challenge 8- no rcv. That challenged seemed custom made for awoken Ra. Most of the tricky floors bind leaders of characters, a.Ra leads/L meta (max skilled)/Izanagi/GZL/old castle Kali. I was never in danger.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Combo leads are OP on 7x6 board. Had Vishnu hit for 40 Mil on my Bastet team at Indigo Mythical ....nuts.

Also we are getting 3 Piis ? Is this real life ? Wow...

Edit:

Tama Retreat again ? NIce i missed it the last time.
I tried 6th, cant do over 4m damage to boss :(.

Instead of 2nd Verdandi took Phact and GZL was replaced by GRG due to unit cost.
You probably could clear it with GZL....actually i dont know why you use Muse when you have GZL in so many runs. Muse has only 1x TPA, no orbchanger and not an Attacker...feels like you could come up with a better sub than him.
Dragon Challenge finished. Finished level 7. Switched over to the Bastet team for the last four. Hyper'd Vishnu at level 1 can still do over 200k damage lol
:thumbsup:

Rixa

You probably could clear it with GZL....actually i dont know why you use Muse when you have GZL in so many runs. Muse has only 1x TPA, no orbchanger and not an Attacker...feels like you could come up with a better sub than him.
Well yeah youre prolly right. I used Muse in boss floor due to his skill that gives nice damage increase for one turn. I test later with GZL and Muse away.

Edit: Todays Tamadra Retreat was success.
Runs 10 -> Tamadras 7 | Chibidra 6 | Baby Tamadras 27 |
Power ups went ok, at one point I was losing faith with Ares.

Baby Tamadras used:
Snow white 1/1
Ares 2/5, 1/5, 0/5, 3/4, 1/1
Hino 2/4, 2/2

jay23

Lol at Minerva having that many votes, all because she's the first option on that shitty website.

Only have 12 out of the top 30 currently.

bjork

Tried the 7x6 with my kushinadahime and a Thoth/Sopdet buddy, got clearly stomped. I think I need to spend a couple of weeks just leveling units, beyond trying to catch dragon infestations. Been saying it for a little bit, but now I think it's actually time, because I have some decent characters, they're just not beefed up enough to take on tougher stuff. Either that, or I'm horrible at matching orbs, which is sometimes true as well.

mike23

Managed to zero-stone level 10 in the challenge dungeon with a Ra Dragon team. Took 3 tries. First time I failed to activate on Satan before he stomped me. I blame it on it being my first run after waking up. Second time I failed to activate on Beelz and I forgot to activate Isis.

I'm one of the people who voted for Tamadra Retreat in the stream. Star Vault is not worth running, I'm just waiting to 10x descends.

Managed to get 55 awakenings + 6 more adult tamadras in my box in the first hour.

7 on A. Susano
5 on Hanzo
4 on Astaroth
4 on Ishida Mitsunari
3 on Verdandi Ult
3 on Verdandi Ult
2 on Umi&Yami Ult
4 on Superman
7 on Andromeda
8 on A.Thor
8 on A.Amaterasu

mAcOdIn

Lol at Minerva having that many votes, all because she's the first option on that shitty website.

Only have 12 out of the top 30 currently.
Eh, I don't think that's why at all. Red Sonia's still used by a ton of people, and voting wise is right around Minerva's spot in the polls, and Minerva's a great sub or coleader for a Red Sonia team. I can see why a lot of people would want a low CD orb changer with a defense reduction attached to it.

Besides, she's not that high up.

Negator

0/7 on UY. Why must this be so painful.

In other news, thanks to the challenge dungeon gems, I ulted the second UY and Skuld is sitting pretty at 27.5k Health. Can sub in Awoken Isis for 100% SBR and an unbind for Blodin. This team can handle most things that are not 99 stam Legend plus stuff.

Rixa

1 Stoned Challenge 6. My team just couldnt do enough damage, so low level :(.
Figured that I rather spend one stone than mp for Water Jewel.
Now that team needs levels and obviously plus eggs. Altho first priority for plus eggs is Verdandi to 297.

Jagernaut

I'm trying to do the same and it's going to be tough using natural stamina. I know it's a small sample size but I ran the 45 stamina legend dungeon 7 times during 1.5x drop rate and got 100% drops. I didn't try the 40 stamina one because I have a feeling the floor 6 tamas won't drop with a 100% drop rate.

I've been running Evangelion on 2x expert today and I'm getting a floor 6 tama every run. Definitely the most efficient way to skill up Misato. Unfortunately the Misato tama is dropping less than the other 2, bad luck.

Accidentally one-shot Zaerog in Dragon Challenge with Kirin. I was planning on doing the whole wait for absorb to wear off thing, but skyfalls put me at 100x and he just kind of melted.

Went decent On tama retreat/infestation today. Max awoke bestcat, 1-shy on awoken Ammy and 2 on awoken Haku. Not terrible since I am saving stones for Players choice.

Personally I would love another Yomi or Kirin, there are very few pulls I would be disapointed with in the top 30 (though another Ronia or Minerva would be some of those 4 Ronias is enough...)

Are we expect PC godfest during this event or next month?

Negator

I would expect the PCGF at the end of this month. I can't imagine them doing another godfest now that the voting has begun.

Speaking of voting, I voted for I&I because Susano looks like a sure thing and double waifu. Anything to keep Minerva out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alright, need some advice. I've managed to beat Heroes' Hideout and Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle at last, and I'm beginning to work on a new team that can deal with higher HP/attack monsters. First pic has my current team, 2nd pic is my team in progress, 3rd pic is what I've got in my box (I also have a Wicked Lady). Any suggestions?

I feel like Gravity is super helpful for a team like this, and Paradise Celeb, Hera-Is provides that plus covers Blue for me, but I don't know if I should use up my snowglobe maxing her or wait for a better Blue monster to come around. Plus it's not 30% Gravity, only 10%.

Negator

I see a Bastet, Verdandi, GZL, Highlander, and that Marine rider.

Just curious, why don't I see the Bastet and GZL in your box?

I definitely would not use a blue snowglobe on Hera-Is. What I would do is find a way to get your Okuni to the D/B evolved form and put something else in her spot. I'm not a horus expert though. Maybe fat chocobo if you have it?

I'm dumb. You have a Phoenix rider. Use Phoenix rider. From what I see from your box, the Horus team I would make is Horus/Phoenix Rider/Nim/GZL/Flex. Most of your team would be attackers and it covers all your colors, and you would also have a damage shield. You would also have two huge spike damage cooldowns that will pretty much destroy most stuff. That build is super glass cannon though.

razterik

Only gained three levels on Misato while maxing Shinji. So much for getting it done this weekend. Dungeon is too tedious with the little Sixth Angels' armor, even if I'm using Ra and Rodins for some floors.

coy

Alright, need some advice. I've managed to beat Heroes' Hideout and Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle at last, and I'm beginning to work on a new team that can deal with higher HP/attack monsters. First pic has my current team, 2nd pic is my team in progress, 3rd pic is what I've got in my box (I also have a Wicked Lady). Any suggestions?

I feel like Gravity is super helpful for a team like this, and Paradise Celeb, Hera-Is provides that plus covers Blue for me, but I don't know if I should use up my snowglobe maxing her or wait for a better Blue monster to come around. Plus it's not 30% Gravity, only 10%.
Nah, save the Snow Globe and I would consider sidelining Hera-Is and instead level up Berserk twice to the B/R version of Siegfried. That'll cover your blue orbs and give you a heartbreaker, a coveted piece for Horus teams. Think about the same for Highlander/Cu Chu to cover G/D. If you had those two heartbreakers, all colors would be covered so you can bring any two subs that'll be needed. Another thing: while I love Okuni myself, Echidna will provide much needed RCV and a longer delay.

Also, I'd level up Verdandi to have a good farming lead that you won't have to think too much about. You have good pieces with GZL, Marine Rider, Asgard, and the eventual Cu Chu. Just match 4 green orbs for TPA and sweep T5/T6 dungeons quickly (may stop just short of King of the Gods). She is also capable of tackling several descends. Plus, she's one of Bastet's best subs. With Verdandi, you won't have to deal with color matching your combos for trivial farming unless you're wanting to practice with Horus constantly. It's something to consider as you work your way up.

NineH

I've been running Evangelion on 2x expert today and I'm getting a floor 6 tama every run. Definitely the most efficient way to skill up Misato. Unfortunately the Misato tama is dropping less than the other 2, bad luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to run it on expert 10 times today and got the Shinji Tama to drop 7 times in a row. I was so pissed every time it dropped. I was able to get 2 Misato Tamas and 1 Asuka Tama though. I'm at 3/20 for Misato skill ups so it's going to be close.

Kwhit10

7x6 boards are so fun.

Beat both indigo levels with:

Lkali/dklai/A. Yomi/sun quan/A. Orochi/Lkali

Lots of double digit combos with sky falls.

Rixa

Amazing what my underleveled Fire team can already do. Friend A.S. has 101 +eggs, I was wtf o_O & really surprised, didnt use any skills just normal comboing.
Yeah I need levels (going to run Super Kings twice today).

Quantum

Amazing what my underleveled Fire team can already do. Friend A.S. has 101 +eggs, I was wtf o_O & really surprised, didnt use any skills just normal comboing.

Yeah I need levels (going to run Super Kings twice today).

I have a hyper AS up pretty much all of the time if we aren't friends.

razterik

Six stones sunk into JP dog dungeons for 9 total drops and a single skill up on Sanada. Yeah, I'll wait a bit on piis and see if these show up somewhere else like a survey vote, but they're one of the worst normal skill ups so far. Maxed out my unused Ruel at least.

Also finished Scarlet after a half dozen tries. Finally can move on to the easier Descended Challenges. Not sure who to drop the rainbow resist set on. Maybe A.Susano, a Light Kali, or A.Kirin.

Giard

I think we aint. If not my ID 347,976,340
A.S. Is on my 2nd slots (first is A.Lakshmi) and usually Verdandi is the my go team.

Can I add you? I'm currently building a team around A. Lakshmi and I'm looking for friends that use her.

Epic Drop

Six stones sunk into JP dog dungeons for 9 total drops and a single skill up on Sanada. Yeah, I'll wait a bit on piis and see if these show up somewhere else like a survey vote, but they're one of the worst normal skill ups so far. Maxed out my unused Ruel at least.

Also finished Scarlet after a half dozen tries. Finally can move on to the easier Descended Challenges. Not sure who to drop the rainbow resist set on. Maybe A.Susano, a Light Kali, or A.Kirin.

Disappointing. I was planning on using my dark and water piis on other things once the samurai skill ups were announced, but they sound absolutely miserable.

And rixa, you can get used to that type of damage with awoken Shiva. My Shiva himself hits for 500k with a six combo that includes a single 2prong.

Top Bottom