• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

bjork

Finally got a good combo off and it's the first time I did damage on this level

83YibCk.jpg

I was pretty stoked, but then I still lost later in the dungeon, heh.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Finally got a good combo off and it's the first time I did damage on this level

I was pretty stoked, but then I still lost later in the dungeon, heh.

Nice. I suggest go working on the HP though. Inserting some subs with physical att would help.

If I just want red pirates from Fire Carnival, Int at 2x is guaranteed drop right?

Yes. 2x is guaranteed drop except boss floor.

Amazing what my underleveled Fire team can already do. Friend A.S. has 101 +eggs, I was wtf o_O & really surprised, didnt use any skills just normal comboing.

Yeah I need levels (going to run Super Kings twice today).
Hey Rixa are you interested in forming a best friend triangle (with me and another person)? I use A. Shiva pretty often.

Rixa

Alt is soon 150, also so glad that in NA it was Tamadra Retreat instead of this:
Too bad that + 5x Technicals is crap, no point farming at all.

Hey Rixa are you interested in forming a best friend triangle (with me and another person)? I use A. Shiva pretty often.

Iam, but at the moment I dont have BF to use, so after we get next one (when?) sure thing if youre still interested then.
Here is my padherder for everyone to look.

Rixa

Tried your Verdandi in a Zhuge Liang, Odin, Dragon Knight, Juda, Cloud of darkness team....that dmg output and had luck with the heal orbs and got a nearly complete green boardOo

Heh nice. With GZL and Verdandi you should try to do as many TPAs as possible and avoid over 4 wood orb chains. For example if you have 9 wood orbs. Rather do 2x4 wood orbs (for 2 TPA) than 1x4 & 1x5 orbs.
When using TPA units your damage output is much more than 5 connected wood orbs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I see a Bastet, Verdandi, GZL, Highlander, and that Marine rider.

Just curious, why don't I see the Bastet and GZL in your box?

I definitely would not use a blue snowglobe on Hera-Is. What I would do is find a way to get your Okuni to the D/B evolved form and put something else in her spot. I'm not a horus expert though. Maybe fat chocobo if you have it?

I'm dumb. You have a Phoenix rider. Use Phoenix rider. From what I see from your box, the Horus team I would make is Horus/Phoenix Rider/Nim/GZL/Flex. Most of your team would be attackers and it covers all your colors, and you would also have a damage shield. You would also have two huge spike damage cooldowns that will pretty much destroy most stuff. That build is super glass cannon though.
I just didn't favourite them in my box so I could fit all the stuff that isn't already on one of those teams into one screenshot. I'll just pour shit into Phoenix Rider moving forwards I guess, and maybe keep one of my healers in the Flex slot. Is the Fat Chocobo actually useful? I have one that's evolved, but RCV-less monsters scare me.

Nah, save the Snow Globe and I would consider sidelining Hera-Is and instead level up Berserk twice to the B/R version of Siegfried. That'll cover your blue orbs and give you a heartbreaker, a coveted piece for Horus teams. Think about the same for Highlander/Cu Chu to cover G/D. If you had those two heartbreakers, all colors would be covered so you can bring any two subs that'll be needed. Another thing: while I love Okuni myself, Echidna will provide much needed RCV and a longer delay.

Also, I'd level up Verdandi to have a good farming lead that you won't have to think too much about. You have good pieces with GZL, Marine Rider, Asgard, and the eventual Cu Chu. Just match 4 green orbs for TPA and sweep T5/T6 dungeons quickly (may stop just short of King of the Gods). She is also capable of tackling several descends. Plus, she's one of Bastet's best subs. With Verdandi, you won't have to deal with color matching your combos for trivial farming unless you're wanting to practice with Horus constantly. It's something to consider as you work your way up.
Thanks for these suggestions as well; I haven't really considered heartbreakers but they'd definitely be of use.

I'm finding the need for a delay (and poison) monsters is diminishing the further I go up as so many bosses are protecting themselves from status effects. It constantly feels like I just can't do enough damage or buy enough time to deal with them. King of the Gods is what I'm stuck on in Normal dungeons currently for instance.

ZombAid82

I tried 6th, cant do over 4m damage to boss :(.

Instead of 2nd Verdandi took Phact and GZL was replaced by GRG due to unit cost.

Than we are about in par with our verdandi teams.
Thanks for the reply.

Which dungeon is the best to get firion?
I need him desperately for my cao cao.
My new dream team:
Verd,verd, a.susano, chu chu, cao cao and f.verd
I think that could be pretty cold fg team.
What do you guys think?

Dandte

Heh nice. With GZL and Verdandi you should try to do as many TPAs as possible and avoid over 4 wood orb chains. For example if you have 9 wood orbs. Rather do 2x4 wood orbs (for 2 TPA) than 1x4 & 1x5 orbs.
When using TPA units your damage output is much more than 5 connected wood orbs.

Ok got itm thanks a lot!
Also, looks like i can build a fire monocolor team with full board control using

Gilgamesh, Uriel, Cao Cao, Leilan and Belial. Will test this team asap :)

Negator

I just didn't favourite them in my box so I could fit all the stuff that isn't already on one of those teams into one screenshot. I'll just pour shit into Phoenix Rider moving forwards I guess, and maybe keep one of my healers in the Flex slot. Is the Fat Chocobo actually useful? I have one that's evolved, but RCV-less monsters scare me.

The thing about Fat Chocobo is that his active is like a D. Kali active. It guarantees at least 3 of each orb, so if you need to heal, he gives heart orbs. If you need to activate all 5 colors he gives you all 5 colors. He doesn't give much in the way of RCV but if you go the route I suggested, you will be running with a lot of attackers and will need some more HP anyway. Phoenix Rider is an Attacker/Healer so there's that.

Rixa

Four Flampys found new home that was infested with snake who ate them. Again Iam out of Tamadras, need to save future Tamadras for Uriel uevo.
A.S. sklvl 1 / Cao Cao sklvl max / Hino sklvl max / Uriel sklvl 3 / Ares sklvl 6.
With friend A.S. team is 100% sbr, good stuff.

Negator

One dark jewel away from Awoken Haku. So tempting to buy a jewel from the store but I'm not going to use her immediately so it would be a waste.

The fifth angel is refusing to drop for me. In 25 runs only 6 have dropped and no skill up yet. I guess I'll get my Grodin max skilled, but that's like the worst consolation prize ever.

Dandte

Tried the Zhuge Liang / Verdandi monocolor team to beat the Ruins of the Star Vault..got orb trolled and got wrecked hard, also misstimed my stamina so no second attempt...that stone would have given me one more pull at the pcgf :(

yami4ct

Don't buy jewels, never!

Bought one today for Awoken Sakuya on my JP account since getting one would take ages/way too many stones. She's already bumped my clear rate up tremendously and now might actually get me significant friend Pal Points versus regular Sakuya. No regrets here. You shouldn't buy jewels for many cases, IE subs with marginal added benefit, but for major game changers like a leader I think they can be valuable enough to justify.

FZZ

Banned
Honestly if you're below rank 150 and can't farm jewels I'd recommend buying them from the MP store.

Or if you're a whale and have so much MP you don't care.

Both imo are the only reasons to get jewels from the MP store. Rare evo mats are different because of their 3000 MP cost which isn't as harsh as 10k.

razterik

After more box sorting today, it looks like I can harness roughly another 400k MP from unused silvers, troll golds, and rainy day dupes.

Crud, now I really have to decide if it's worth buying a second YomiDra over just using Akechi and waiting to see what other MP stuff is coming soon. I learned from running Z8 that stacking more hastes is one of the best ways to strengthen a team, so this is a tough decision.

Negator

These PCGF votes are fucked.

Code:
17	221	[1334] Vishnu
18	216	[807] Okuninushi
19	212	[132] Kagutsuchi
20	211	[1233] Sun Quan
21	210	[242] Indra
22	209	[1671] The Norn Verdandi
23	208	[642] Dark Angel Metatron
24	207	[2145] Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
25	207	[1231] Cao Cao
26	205	[1073] Pandora
27	205	[370] Idunn&Idunna
28	204	[128] Venus
29	204	[2272] Akechi Mitsuhide
30	204	[364] Odin, the War Deity
31	204	[803] Kushinadahime

yami4ct

These PCGF votes are fucked.

Code:
17	221	[1334] Vishnu
18	216	[807] Okuninushi
19	212	[132] Kagutsuchi
20	211	[1233] Sun Quan
21	210	[242] Indra
22	209	[1671] The Norn Verdandi
23	208	[642] Dark Angel Metatron
24	207	[2145] Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
25	207	[1231] Cao Cao
26	205	[1073] Pandora
27	205	[370] Idunn&Idunna
28	204	[128] Venus
29	204	[2272] Akechi Mitsuhide
30	204	[364] Odin, the War Deity
31	204	[803] Kushinadahime

Someone on the PAD reddit is real salty about Kusinada. I guess someone is juicing her votes. I'm in disbelief over a number of those.

saichi

Should I make Awoken Kirin or the L/W Kirin?

Also, I just made an Awoken Horus? What would be a good combination for a Awoken Horus team? Should I pick another Awoken Horus for friend leader?

smbu2000

Well I was busy all weekend, so I didn't have that much chance to play. I S ranked the last dog dungeon before it ended. Still going through clearing the descend challenge dungeons. There are a lot of them though.

Pulled on the Shonen Sunday REM just now.
On my iPad I pulled 3 times: 1 silver Morgiana, and 2 golds: Recca from Flame of Recca and one of the 6 star cards, Inuyasha.

Inuyasha already has an uevo and his skill is similar to Vegito except for attackers instead of dragons. His board change (all except water) with 1 turn haste is nice at max 10 turns. (I want them to lower Kite and Levi's board change to 10 turns as well instead of the current 11 since the skills are the same on differing in the colors.) He seems pretty useful and has a high HP for an attacker/devil.

Recca seems useful with his create 8 fire orbs at 10 turns skill as you can make a guaranteed 2 TPAs with that. Might be useful on my A.Shiva team.

On my main iPhone, I pulled 1 silver Fuko from Flame of Recca and 1 gold Lum from Urusei Yatsura.

Lum was basically the one character I wanted from this collab. I like the character/series and her skills are pretty useful. Her active is like Killua's with the 10k attack on all enemies (ignore defense) and a 1 turn delay at max 9 turns.
Her leader skill is nice and very easy to activate. 1.2x HP for attackers, ATK 4x when connecting 5 orbs (at least 1 has to be enhanced). Super easy to activate, especially since I'm used to making 5 orbs combos with my Kite team. She's not as strong as the 300k MP Yomi Dragon, but she should be pretty useful in 5x4 dungeons as a leader and easier to activate than my Kite team in those dungeons.
Definitely happy to pick up the card I wanted on only my 2nd pull. (I think I pulled Kite on my 3rd pull.)

I'm very with my pulls so far. I might pull more later since this collab. seems like one of those easy to get Gold egg REMs like the FF one. There are 4 silver egg characters and 6 gold characters (4 are 5 stars and 2 are 6 stars) Only Inuyasha has an uevo.

Bought one today for Awoken Sakuya on my JP account since getting one would take ages/way too many stones. She's already bumped my clear rate up tremendously and now might actually get me significant friend Pal Points versus regular Sakuya. No regrets here. You shouldn't buy jewels for many cases, IE subs with marginal added benefit, but for major game changers like a leader I think they can be valuable enough to justify.
Wouldn't it have been easier to clear Kanetsugu in the descend challenge to pick up a jewel. The reward for that one is a light jewel (I'm assuming you needed the light one.)

The jewel reward dungeons are Beelzebub (dark), Kangetsugu (light), Athena (green), Valk (blue), Zeus (Red). Overall on the easy side.

razterik

Should I make Awoken Kirin or the L/W Kirin?

Also, I just made an Awoken Horus? What would be a good combination for a Awoken Horus team? Should I pick another Awoken Horus for friend leader?

Definitely Awoken Kirin (Sakuya). L/G is mostly a waste of materials.

Usually you want to pair A.Horus with himself, but I would note that he is very easy to pair with other rainbow match leaders due to how flexible his leader skill is now.

yami4ct

Wouldn't it have been easier to clear Kanetsugu in the descend challenge to pick up a jewel. The reward for that one is a light jewel (I'm assuming you needed the light one.)

The jewel reward dungeons are Beelzebub (dark), Kangetsugu (light), Athena (green), Valk (blue), Zeus (Red). Overall on the easy side.

Already used that one for Fagan. I managed to roll one in the Rare Character Carnival so I still needed 1 more. I already used all my stones, so my choice was to wait and waste future stones farming Kanetsugu hoping for an invade or just buy it so I can save my stones and move on. Thought it was wroth it just so I could move on.

Didn't have much I needed to do, so I started working on technicals I've never gotten around to. Got 4 easy stones from it. Felt nice just destroying them. I should hit my hundred days before PCGF, and I've hoarded a fairly decent amount. Going to roll everything I have and then just work on my teams.

smbu2000

Well I pulled again on the Shonen Sunday REM on my iPhone and picked up the other 6 star character, Ushio and Tora. (I got Inuyasha on my iPad.)

He seems okay. Hearts/poison orbs to light orbs and 3 turn bind recovery at max 7 turns.
His leader is skill Physical/Devils have 1.5x ATK and RCV. ATK 2x for 5 combos up to 5x at 8 combos.(max 7.5x at 8 combos with an Physical or Devil card, 56.25x with a friend)

I do wish he had more awakenings though. He has 2x bind resist, 1x SBR and 1x time extend. Seems low for a 6 star (7 w/evo) card.

Oh and I just made my A.Loki the other day. He could be very useful on my Kite team. I should work on making A.Thor next. (iPhone)

edit: Looks like somebody has already cleared Arena using Usio and Tora.
https://twitter.com/kikyoupazudora/status/668625606955765760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

login day 700 10 stones
Congrats! I'm close to getting 700 days on my secondary account. (iPad)

Dandte

Gratz that you managed to do it. I wasnt sure you have enough time & stamina :).
I should hit soon 150 days 5 stones more for PC GF :p
Mhm i Roll the evolve machine next Time, Should i evolve My cao cao into the Green or dark version? And i hit 150 just before the Last god fest, Felt good to get a free pull. But i really Wish i would'nt have stopped:(

ZombAid82

Gratz that you managed to do it. I wasnt sure you have enough time & stamina :).
I should hit soon 150 days 5 stones more for PC GF :p

Me neither, but I used 1-Stone yesterday evening at 2x drop rate, and had a full stamina 15 min before the dungeons was gone :)

Three Stamina-Bars later....
CaoCao hyperdrive ^^

Mhm i Roll the evolve machine next Time, Should i evolve My cao cao into the Green or dark version? And i hit 150 just before the Last god fest, Felt good to get a free pull. But i really Wish i would'nt have stopped:(

It depends on your other Monsters, but normally the Green is the better one, because of his awakenings.
You have a Verdandi, right?
Only choice is green than! ;-)

Rixa

Green version.

Me neither, but I used 1-Stone yesterday evening at 2x drop rate, and had a full stamina 15 min before the dungeons was gone :)

Three Stamina-Bars later....
CaoCao hyperdrive ^^

It depends on your other Monsters, but normally the Green is the better one, because of his awakenings.
You have a Verdandi, right?
Only choice is green than! ;-)

^^ Good ;), no Verdandi there, tho GZL.

saichi

Definitely Awoken Kirin (Sakuya). L/G is mostly a waste of materials.

Usually you want to pair A.Horus with himself, but I would note that he is very easy to pair with other rainbow match leaders due to how flexible his leader skill is now.

Thanks.

Who would be common members for A. Horus team? orb maker or attach increase guys?

smbu2000

I hate to break it to you but...trifruits are on Norns right now, not dragon callers. (Unless you're playing on JP or something, then ignore this post)
On JP as well, they changed from the Dragon Callers last week. (I needed 1 more level for my Tsubaki!) Now they are on the Sonias again.

I'm going to be pretty salty if Cao Cao doesn't make it in to PCGF. The line-up looks great and I'll roll regardless, but he'd be a huge upgrade on a couple of my main teams. 7 votes separate 15-31. For me personally, I hope Hino or SQ get bumped out since I already have them and would have no use for dupes.

bjork

This blue cat thing can skill up my Nut. This is the new goal, but I already have her at 3, looks like it can't go much lower.

smbu2000

Been doing a bit of farming trying to pick up skill up cards for the Shonen Sunday cards that I got. It is very random though and different ones can come from the same boss...

Anyway, was able to get the S rank on the dungeon (100k minimum) without even having to change up my team.

Luckily I had at least 5 dark drops on both the first and second floors. Used one Kite on Naraku and then my final attack (Kite/Vegeta/Yomi) for the boss.

I got over 100k on my runs after, but none were as good as this first one.

I don't if it is just me, but it seems the gold rate in Shounen Sunday collab is insanely high...
Yeah, it is high. Reminds me of the FF collab. REM, which had a high Gold drop rate as well. Congrats on getting both 6* cards!

Top Bottom