• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jonsoncao

Banned
Been doing a bit of farming trying to pick up skill up cards for the Shonen Sunday cards that I got. It is very random though and different ones can come from the same boss...

Anyway, was able to get the S rank on the dungeon (100k minimum) without even having to change up my team.

Luckily I had at least 5 dark drops on both the first and second floors. Used one Kite on Naraku and then my final attack (Kite/Vegeta/Yomi) for the boss.

I got over 100k on my runs after, but none were as good as this first one.
Wow man insanely nice run...I couldn't even break 100k with my current S-rank squad.

Of course it is! All the waifus are silver except Lum.

Ha good one.

hermit7

I took awoken sakuya for a run on challenge 8 today, and I can see where her real power lies, man her leader skill is decently easy to proc, and if you get a couple extra combos it really allows for some great damage.

I am not sure that I am going to use her as a main (Shiva and Bastet are already powerful and more in line with my play style) but in dungeons where I know that there are binds Sakuya is probably going to be my go to.

I wish light had a decent combo lead, I would be able to use all the light cards that I have levelled and skilled more frequently if that were the case.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Off to a good start. Went 4/7 and max skilled my first Nut already. One more to go and I can finally finish my Blue team.

Jagernaut

I cleared Devil Rush for the first time with Awoken Bastet. I wasted a Verdandi active and failed to kill Extreme King Metal Dragon, 2 two prongs weren't enough. I had to use Liu Bei to kill him (3 two prongs this time) but stalled enough for Verdandi to be back up for Beelzebub and one shot him.

I wish I had GZL to make things easier.

lzlqgPC.jpg

H6KGb7y.jpg

yami4ct

So, I just got this message on PAD. Anyone got any idea what it's saying? Tried OCR+Translation, but that came out a garbled mess.

EDIT: Ah. Pretty sure that just said mailbox was full as I deleted my read mails and new stuff popped in.

Negator

I don't have Asteroth, but I'm excited that these useless Archdemons will finally be worth something hopefully. Two Belial, an Amon, and Baal are just rotting away in my box.

hermit7

No toast, rip.

Awoken Astaroth, woo. Her art looks a little off to me. Big head?

Eh I like it a lot, more than Nepthys at least.

Hopefully she is good, maybe a multiplier that is based off rows, 1 row x3 increase per row by 1.5 for each? Something that can actually utilize rows more and is a newer mechanic. Or the cross formation which they used on sumire but haven't used at all since then.

Negator

Code:
11	311	[1235] Liu Bei
12	310	[492] Isis
13	305	[1233] Sun Quan
14	304	[1334] Vishnu
15	303	[1671] The Norn Verdandi
16	300	[1231] Cao Cao
17	300	[642] Dark Angel Metatron
18	299	[2149] Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
19	298	[242] Indra
20	298	[1073] Pandora
21	297	[132] Kagutsuchi
22	297	[136] Susano
23	297	[2272] Akechi Mitsuhide
24	296	[749] Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
25	296	[753] Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
26	296	[370] Idunn&Idunna
27	295	[807] Okuninushi
28	294	[2145] Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
29	294	[128] Venus
30	294	[803] Kushinadahime
31	293	[364] Odin, the War Deity

I can't even right now. Someone is going to get shafted. If Susano, Haku, or Meimei don't make it I'm going to be quite upset.

Rixa

Off to a good start. Went 4/7 and max skilled my first Nut already. One more to go and I can finally finish my Blue team.

Good for you :). My problem is this:
Poor drop rate of those Nyans and getting units I dont need. 6 runs done so far and 3 Nyans dropped (2/3). Carnival is lasting 2 weeks but that 2.5x skill rate is not thus I need to get it done asap.

razterik

KR updating to 8.4.1 and NA probably following suit tonight. They're pushing this out a lot faster than I expected, only been a month since this hit JP.

This is the update with the new Dark Tron leader skill and a bunch of other balance changes. Also introduces the skill delay resist latent, strips no-dupe friend leader restriction, and brought the co-op alpha dungeons (although I doubt that last one is activated any time soon).

FZZ

Banned
Yeah not expecting multiplayer until JP finalizes everything, which probably won't happen until December.

Meaning we won't get multiplayer until January at the earliest, and March at the latest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I hope we get a kickass green Row Leader with Awoken Asatroth...please Gung-Ho.
Good for you :). My problem is this:

Poor drop rate of those Nyans and getting units I dont need. 6 runs done so far and 3 Nyans dropped (2/3). Carnival is lasting 2 weeks but that 2.5x skill rate is not thus I need to get it done asap.

Im quite suprised that the drop rate is so good tbh. This is the first Carnival im running since i didnt need any of the other elements before Water...getting a guaranteed drop on 40 stamina for ever non-boss floor is great. I had to use coin dungeons and stones to max skill my Sun Quan not too long ago and now Waron drops like candy xD

But as you said... we wanna get it done while the skillup event is active, so thats my priority for now. I dont really care about those Latent Tamas anyway.

My Sara squad will play much better once i have the 2nd Nuts max skilled...healing can be an issue with 2 of them but that dmg ...

quickmemo_2015-11-23-knsi1.png

KR updating to 8.4.1 and NA probably following suit tonight. They're pushing this out a lot faster than I expected, only been a month since this hit JP.

This is the update with the new Dark Tron leader skill and a bunch of other balance changes. Also introduces the skill delay resist latent, strips no-dupe friend leader restriction, and brought the co-op alpha dungeons (although I doubt that last one is activated any time soon).
Niiiice !!!

Hope it doesnt take too long until we get the latest JP update - that addition OE Awakening on Sumire will be quite helpful.

raiot

Guys, what are your teams for Challenge 7, 9 and 10? Beat 8 with Awoken Ra but my team has no pluses...
I think the following teams should be able to do this, but i don't want to waste stamina

linsivvi

Guys, what are your teams for Challenge 7, 9 and 10? Beat 8 with Awoken Ra but my team has no pluses...
I think the following teams should be able to do this, but i don't want to waste stamina

Challenge 7: Horus/Echidna/Orochi/Okuninushi/Chocobo/Horus
Challenge 9: I forgot but it gave me the most trouble
Challenge 10: Horus/Echidna/Orochi/Okuninushi/D Izanami/L Kali

razterik

How do you have such a sick box but no plus eggs..

Anyway, I beat 7&8 with almost the exact same ShivDra team, only Summer Urd and full hyper subs. I think you should still be able beat 7 the same way. On Sopdet, grind her down with low combo reds or one TPA, careful not to match much dark above 50%. Isis is the hardest floor, use Urd->Valk or Tomato->Ares, whichever will get you the heaviest red board but still leave a 5 combo. If you don't one-shot her, you're dead in the water. Ra isn't terribly hard to crack armor, use an orb change if necessary. You can stall a couple turns here and you want his red orb boost anyway. Medjedra is dead no matter who he swaps, you can take a few turns as long as you're healing and confident you can five combo him. Might need an orb change to assure kill. Osiris dies easy to any decent amount of red.

Haven't had success on 10 so far and no attempts at 9 yet.

smbu2000

I've had no luck getting Lum skill up drops to come out. I've done decently with Ushio and Tora ones. Lum is my priority though. I'm glad she is at max at only level 5. Should make it easier to max her even if I have to use shynpys. (I have about a dozen in my box and probably a few more in my mailbox.
Wow man insanely nice run...I couldn't even break 100k with my current S-rank squad.
Thanks! Yeah, it was really nice and I was surprised at the large jump in score that I received. Your combo count can really affect the score. My second highest score right now is 118k. Everything was the same as on my first run except for the average combo. With the one in the picture I had an 8.2x combo average for 90k points and on my other one I had a 7.8x combo average which gave me 70k points. That's a pretty large difference in point values for only a 0.4x difference...

edit: Just checked again and my 2nd highest score is 125k.
Thanks, I'm a newb in most sense of the word though. Many days are just a login for pal points. Never feel like I know what im doing without some long wikipedia esque journey though padx.
For a long time I wasn't very good either. Thanks to running my AA Lucifer tank team a lot when I first started. It just takes playing time to get used to things. Having a variety of teams helps.
My main account(iPhone) will hit 750 days tomorrow. That should be another Shonen Sunday REM pull for me. Hope I get somethiing good. My iPad will hit 700 days next week.

raiot

How do you have such a sick box but no plus eggs..

Anyway, I beat 7&8 with almost the exact same ShivDra team, only Summer Urd and full hyper subs. I think you should still be able beat 7 the same way. On Sopdet, grind her down with low combo reds or one TPA, careful not to match much dark above 50%. Isis is the hardest floor, use Urd->Valk or Tomato->Ares, whichever will get you the heaviest red board but still leave a 5 combo. If you don't one-shot her, you're dead in the water. Ra isn't terribly hard to crack armor, use an orb change if necessary. You can stall a couple turns here and you want his red orb boost anyway. Medjedra is dead no matter who he swaps, you can take a few turns as long as you're healing and confident you can five combo him. Might need an orb change to assure kill. Osiris dies easy to any decent amount of red.

Haven't had success on 10 so far and no attempts at 9 yet.

Thanks!

The +egg question is easy: I'm from Germany and most of the time when star vault or boosted t6 are on, i cant play because its in the middle of the night...
Almost all of my pluses went into DMeta and Hanzo which are hypermaxed, but are of no use at the moment...
I died 3 times at RA in C7, because i did not try to break his armor but instead was orb trolled the last turn :(
Edit: Ok, C7 is STUPID easy, i was such an idiot... I was so intimidated by my low level numbers that i didn't try to burst his armor. But it worked very good. Medjedra and Osiris afterwards just die to red orbs... :)

bjork

Got Nut's skill maxed. First character I've actually been able to do that with. Looking at some of these, I was only one skill up away on a couple of the final fantasy characters.

Today's goal is to get a rainbow keeper and make the dark/dark Haku evolution.

[edit - done and done, back to technical dungeons]

smbu2000

Yay, cleared Scarlet again. This dungeon is so tough for me...My HP is really low as well since my 3 Kalis only got up to level 24 by the end. With my dark damage reduction latent awakenings and Isis' shield I would have had enough HP to survive Hera's preempt, but Ur came out instead. On the second boss stage I knocked off about 2/3's of her HP on my first attack (LKali/Ra), she did the leader bind/2x attack power. I took her out with DLKali on the 2nd turn.

My team is A.Ra/DLKali/LKali x 2/A.Isis and friend A.Ra. Everybody except Isis is hyper as I still need 20+ ATK eggs for her.

Happy to have this one done and I'll take the badpy and 3k MP point dragon. I think I just need to do Zaerog8 to finish off the pii reward dungeons in this current event. I already did Nordis.

I really hope they do something interesting with the archdemons active skills. I'm fully expecting the Anubis treatment, but if they ditched the counter attack I would be so happy.

Quantum

Are all challenges going forward going to be rogue (using the leveling up each floor)?

I find it complete a complete horse shit stamina burn technique that limits the functionality of leads that are rarer and removes my interest from playing yet another type of dungeon.

Its like the game figures out ways to make itself less enjoyable.

I guess I don't need any of the rewards and have been playing less often, but this mechanic just infuriates me because it again removes a skill mechanic in favor of stamina burn - oh you didn't level your card enough during the dungeon? you can't do enough damage, please try again.

I keep buying itunes cards at discounts and I haven't had any reason to buy stones since the summer rem - while some would say this is good - I am having a hard time supporting the game - frustrating.

Don't worry Japan hated it too, they haven't brought back advent challenge dungeons since

I think there's still one or two more challenge dungeons with the awful no-pii rewards though.

Bladelaw

I think I need help understanding what to do with my monsters. I think focus is my biggest problem. I have a couple really good leads:
Norn of the Past Urd
Norn of the Present Verdandi
Kushinadahime

Potentially Good Leads
Ra
Baal
Founder of Nations Okuninushi
Twilight Sorcerer Chester

and subs to make a fire team under Urd work well enough to beat some "Master" level difficulty dungeons.

I've looked at the reddit guides and followed as best I can with Urd, max skilled (edit)Rowdy Red(edit) Samurai Goblin, Gigas, Solitary Lion Squall, and "Monster whose active ability changes wood to fire and dark to heal".

I'm sitting on a shitload of Evo materials that are clogging my box waiting for the appropriate monsters to be leveled up. I guess my question is "What should I be focusing on?"

At this stage of the game the descends are still wrecking me even if I get a WTF combo so I can't really grow there, the challenge dungeons are doable up to challenge 6 (which also wrecks me). Basically I'm stalling on dragon infestations to level my big hitters so I can evolve them and clearing normal/technical dungeons when stamina permits.

Also is the evangelion collab worth running? The eva-tamadra's seem underwhelming beyond XP fodder.

I'm sitting on a shitload of Evo materials that are clogging my box waiting for the appropriate monsters to be leveled up. I guess my question is "What should I be focusing on?"

At this stage of the game the descends are still wrecking me even if I get a WTF combo so I can't really grow there, the challenge dungeons are doable up to challenge 6 (which also wrecks me). Basically I'm stalling on dragon infestations to level my big hitters so I can evolve them and clearing normal/technical dungeons when stamina permits.

It's tough to say what you should focus on without seeing more of your box. Leaders alone don't mean much, since they depend heavily on subs. Ra is the most powerful card you mentioned, but he's tough to use without a good set of subs, so he's probably a target for your second good team, once you're strong enough to farm all the materials you'd need to get him up and running.

Of the other cards, Baal and Chester are junk and Kushi isn't worth the effort. Okuni's leader skill is pretty good though, and he can also work as a decent sub for a Ra team later down the road, but he requires a lot more effort than the Norns, who are pretty mindless. Again, it really depends on what subs are available to you. Urd, Verd, and Okuni could all be viable to get you through quite a few descends. Focus on one of those.

Bladelaw

What's the easiest way to post a box on Android/Marshmallow? A vast swath of my box is evo mats so I may just transcribe the non-mat monsters.

Quantum

I think I need help understanding what to do with my monsters.
[snip]
What should I be focusing on?"
[snip]

Lot of questions, but in truth people playing for 3 years still need help understanding what to do with their monsters (I know I do occasionally)

I've been playing for about 980 days, the first year non-iap, the second an insane amount of IAP, the third a little of both I guess.

I think what you should focus on depends ultimately on what you like doing. Urd is a fine mid-game lead which is easy to activate and can clear a bunch of content. Ra - well Ra is amazing but it is much harder to activate - a Ra team can clear every dungeon in the entire game.

without knowing what rank you are I would say the most important initial thing to concentrate on is rank which will afford you a higher team cost and boost your daily stamina. Without knowing if you have evo'd/awoken urd or ra I'd say to evo and awaken urd and/or Ra.

WHICH lead to concentrate on depends on playstyle and if you are going to actually spend money pulling. I'd argue to concentrate working toward the strongest team you can make if you are not planning on spending money - if you are then just play and grind to figure out what kind of player you are then read about the theory crafting of other players on forums (PADF is great for reading others thoughts) - you can also search each lead - a ton has been written about virtually all leads and the teams people have created.

team theory can take as much time as you want - I've honestly thought about certain teams for months before making them, heck - I'm still theory crafting a mono green team for over a year - even after awakening skilling and leveling most of the components.

then get salty when you can't beat a dungeon because a new stupid rule is introduced (I kid, I kid)...

Bladelaw

Lot of questions, but in truth people playing for 3 years still need help understanding what to do with their monsters (I know I do occasionally)

I've been playing for about 980 days, the first year non-iap, the second an insane amount of IAP, the third a little of both I guess.

I think what you should focus on depends ultimately on what you like doing. Urd is a fine mid-game lead which is easy to activate and can clear a bunch of content. Ra - well Ra is amazing but it is much harder to activate - a Ra team can clear every dungeon in the entire game.

without knowing what rank you are I would say the most important initial thing to concentrate on is rank which will afford you a higher team cost and boost your daily stamina. Without knowing if you have evo'd/awoken urd or ra I'd say to evo and awaken urd and/or Ra.

WHICH lead to concentrate on depends on playstyle and if you are going to actually spend money pulling. I'd argue to concentrate working toward the strongest team you can make if you are not planning on spending money - if you are then just play and grind to figure out what kind of player you are then read about the theory crafting of other players on forums (PADF is great for reading others thoughts) - you can also search each lead - a ton has been written about virtually all leads and the teams people have created.

team theory can take as much time as you want - I've honestly thought about certain teams for months before making them, heck - I'm still theory crafting a mono green team for over a year - even after awakening skilling and leveling most of the components.

then get salty when you can't beat a dungeon because a new stupid rule is introduced (I kid, I kid)...
I have evo'd and all awoken skilled Urd. I have Ra at max level waiting on Mats to evolve and subs to actually be useful. My rank is 97 thanks to a couple "experience of a lifetime" events.

My Urd team is great unless I get hosed with no heal/fire orbs to work with, but I definitely lack the burst to OHKO anything with real HP.

I need more practice with Ra but I totally see his potential. I'll try to get a post up with my box so folks know what I have to work with at the moment.

I have evo'd and all awoken skilled Urd. I have Ra at max level waiting on Mats to evolve and subs to actually be useful. My rank is 97 thanks to a couple "experience of a lifetime" events.

My Urd team is great unless I get hosed with no heal/fire orbs to work with, but I definitely lack the burst to OHKO anything with real HP.

I need more practice with Ra but I totally see his potential. I'll try to get a post up with my box so folks know what I have to work with at the moment.

I currently run Urd. She's a very good farming lead, and I've cleared a handful of easy descends with her, but I'm hitting her ceiling pretty soon. Still, investing in her is probably a good idea. Verandi is basically the same, though I think she's actually better. I would just try to level your team and then roll whatever stones you have saved up in the player's choice godfest coming up. You'd have a chance at some great leads and key subs.

What red sub options do you have for Urd?

Here's a guide that really helped me starting out: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/wip-team-guide-norn-of-the-past-urd.67196/

Also, I have a max level, ~100 +egg Urd up all the time if you need another friend. My ID is 302,982,304. Not skilled up yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

*Magic Stone Bundle!*
[Duration]: 11/25 (Wed), 6:00 AM (PST) - 12/6 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
With Black Friday sales making their way to stores, we decided to bring back our special Magic Stone bundle!
There are 5 Magic Stones for the price of 1. Only 1 bundle may be purchased per account, and the bundle will disappear after purchasing.
Don’t miss the opportunity, as the Player’s Choice Godfest is coming soon!

Bladelaw

I currently run Urd. She's a very good farming lead, and I've cleared a handful of easy descends with her, but I'm hitting her ceiling pretty soon. Still, investing in her is probably a good idea. Verandi is basically the same, though I think she's actually better. I would just try to level your team and then roll whatever stones you have saved up in the player's choice godfest coming up. You'd have a chance at some great leads and key subs.

What red sub options do you have for Urd?

Here's a guide that really helped me starting out: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/wip-team-guide-norn-of-the-past-urd.67196/

Also, I have a max level, ~100 +egg Urd up all the time if you need another friend. My ID is 302,982,304. Not skilled up yet, but I'll get around to it eventually.

My sub options are useful but limited:
Twilight Sorcerer Chester
Gigas
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin
Fire Sprite Parrot
Solitary Lion Squall

Working on leveling Gigas to evo him but I'm waffling on finishing Urd first (she's level 89).

Negator

I just realized I have 21/30 gods that made it on the list with only two I would want a dupe of. Hmmm.

I guess the deciding factor will be what Gala will be running alongside it.

yami4ct

MeiMei and Verdandi please make into the PCGF. That's what I want. It'll be real dumb if they don't make it.

Haku and Satsuki would be a bonus.

Bladelaw

Two things:

1) I'm thinking of IAP'ing the PCGF, out of the 30 featured I'm reasonably certain I can use any of them. What's a good number of rolls to throw at here? I'm thinking 30 stones is probably my cap.

2) In the interests of practicing with Ra I'm trying the following team:

Ra (non evo'd no awakenings)
Urd(R/U)
Verdandi (G/R)
Fat Chocobo (Y)
Devilit (D)

I figure Devilit and Fat Chocobo can provide the boards I need to activate Ra and Urd/Verdandi can put in work while I figure out how to solve the boards. This make sense?

Ideally I can pick up D. Kali during the PCGF but I don't know how long I'll be Team Cost restricted until I can put a real team together.

yami4ct

Two things:

1) I'm thinking of IAP'ing the PCGF, out of the 30 featured I'm reasonably certain I can use any of them. What's a good number of rolls to throw at here? I'm thinking 30 stones is probably my cap.

2) In the interests of practicing with Ra I'm trying the following team:

Ra (non evo'd no awakenings)
Urd(R/U)
Verdandi (G/R)
Fat Chocobo (Y)
Devilit (D)

I figure Devilit and Fat Chocobo can provide the boards I need to activate Ra and Urd/Verdandi can put in work while I figure out how to solve the boards. This make sense?

Ideally I can pick up D. Kali during the PCGF but I don't know how long I'll be Team Cost restricted until I can put a real team together.

Put up a PadHerder and link it. Urd and Verdandi might put out decent damage, but their actives are going to work against you. It's quite possible you have some good utility subs sitting that can replace at least 1 of them.

As for number of stones, it's up to you to budget honestly. If you're going to IAP, the PCGF is a time to do it. They're going to be offering a 1 time bundle of 5 for $1 starting tomorrow, so that'll give you some good stones to start with. When I IAPed, I usually never spent more than $20, but that's just what I was personally comfortable spending.

Jagernaut

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to run it on expert 10 times today and got the Shinji Tama to drop 7 times in a row. I was so pissed every time it dropped. I was able to get 2 Misato Tamas and 1 Asuka Tama though. I'm at 3/20 for Misato skill ups so it's going to be close.

Evangelion is on 1.5x drop right now. Looks like tamas on Expert are not a guaranteed drop on 1.5x but I still got 6/7 to drop and 3 were Misato tamas. I'm going to level up soon and use my whole stamina bar to farm some more Misato tamas.

Top Bottom