• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

linsivvi

7.2.2 balancing is up! Major upgrade for so many monsters.

Patch note here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/958100750885184/

Look at these two beasts:
mz7Sg7S.jpg
m9b1Pf4.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haha, that's an important lesson to learn early on! ;)
Hehe Amen, learned my lesson xD

btw. Anyone already tried the Challenge Dungeons? Is this stuff for everyone or just high end?

And when can we expect the 7.3 updates to hit the western version?

cw_sasuke

Only done the first two tricolor and they have been super easy.
Oh perfect that's what I wanted to hear, though easy for you might not be the same as super easy for me xD

But the GAF overpowered units shall help me.

the rewards for clearing challenge dungeons will be refreshed or only one time? will we get new one when second challenge dungeon arrives?

razterik

Challenge dungeon rewards and levels change some each time it returns, so yes, it resets. If you want the current rewards, clear it now. Next time will bring new rewards.

Noaloha

Poop, don't think my new account is strong enough to take Lvl4 Challenge yet. That's quite a jump up in difficulty from Lvl3 to Lvl4, ha. Really would have liked that +9 Tammy.

cw_sasuke

I'm the first person in my friend list to have busty Ronia! :D

Wow nice, congrats...just saw it showing up on my friendlist :-D

btw. Did the first two challenge dungeons...they are really easy. Which is good !! Lets see if i can take on Lvl 4.

Edit:

What i wanted to ask, is there any way of Notification method for the Random Metal Dragon dungeons ? Gotta evolve some Pengdras.

Jagernaut

Wow nice, congrats...just saw it showing up on my friendlist :-D

btw. Did the first two challenge dungeons...they are really easy. Which is good !! Lets see if i can take on Lvl 4.

Edit:

What i wanted to ask, is there any way of Notification method for the Random Metal Dragon dungeons ? Gotta evolve some Pengdras.

No in game notification. Check puzzledragonx website or download PadGuide app and set alarms for yourself.

ZeroAKA

Edit:

If you're on iOS, PAD Guide is a great companion app that notifies you about events.

The art for the new Valkyrie ultimates is really nice, and the REM Valks get 2 two prongs and a skill boost.
Are the new awakenings only for the REM Valks and not for the standard light Valk?

REM valks get Skill Boost and Prong, regular Valk gets prong and +light.

New murakofest in JP adds Chrono Turtle and Gamble Mage to the REM, so it looks like we'll finally get access to those monsters someday.

linsivvi

Poop, don't think my new account is strong enough to take Lvl4 Challenge yet. That's quite a jump up in difficulty from Lvl3 to Lvl4, ha. Really would have liked that +9 Tammy.

If you are confident you can clear it with 1 or 2 stones, go for it. You get a stone back anyway.

Damn I wish one of Valk's orb enhance had been a row enhance or a second TPA. I guess since she's farmable they feel they have to make her a little worse.

Noaloha

If you are confident you can clear it with 1 or 2 stones, go for it. You get a stone back anyway.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stall/spike effectively enough to get past the boss floors (5, 8, 9 & 10). Team's just too young, with a real limit from team cost (this account's only three weeks old or so).
ibcWcE9zMJqFBc.PNG

Leilan is only x3 awoken (that is, the crappy ones)

I'll give it a shot though. With another Leilan to get an idea of what my spike is like (haven't really done the maths on it) and (if I can find a few hours to spare) perhaps again with an Odin + high RCV mons, see how that goes.

J0dy77

All the new ultimate valkyries are healer/god types and 3x ATK to god and healer types for LS. They also require fat metal dragon and 2 Chinese jewels as evo materials.

The changes to hera-is make me sad. Finally max skilled her after years and they gimp her active in final form. Guess that saves me three blue jewels.

linsivvi

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to stall/spike effectively enough to get past the boss floors (5, 8, 9 & 10). Team's just too young, with a real limit from team cost (this account's only three weeks old or so).
ibcWcE9zMJqFBc.PNG

Leilan is only x3 awoken (that is, the crappy ones)

I'll give it a shot though. With another Leilan to get an idea of what my spike is like (haven't really done the maths on it) and (if I can find a few hours to spare) perhaps again with an Odin + high RCV mons, see how that goes.

Yeah, at that level you are gonna need delay to have a chance to clear it with minimal stones. Maybe next time since they will come around again.

The changes to hera-is make me sad. Finally max skilled her after years and they gimp her active in final form. Guess that saves me three blue jewels.

Luckily my Hera-Is is only at slevel 3 and I only use her for farming Starlight Sanctuary these days anyway. Since the dungeon allows you to basically stall forever, maybe I'll just replace her with Zeus with his brand new awakenings.

Quantum

The good, I evolved Zhuge Liang and he looks quite nice. The bad, in the future I really should check how much the unit will cost after evolving. 50 cost for him is very much, especially compared to the U&Y evo with less than 30.

its time to grind stamina - what rank are you?

I think its been mentioned to run the trial dungeons on the weekends it gives both expansion to team cost and to stamina - the grind never stops - personally I'd love to hit 198 stamina for tama reasons so I constantly look for ways of grinding stamina.

as an aside happy turkey day everyone! - my family is going to do a weird non cooking holiday where everyone meets in the city at a restaurant - more than a dozen Irish and Russian third gens eating turkey and drinking vodka - I guess I should be happy there isn't a godfest running...

hermit7

Have all the mats for ronia except for the last red Dragon fruit. Hopefully we'll be about to get that as well as the last yams from the challenge dungeon.

Tobe

im really torn on evoing D meta, besides getting the material which i still struggle to get (ancient mask and the fucking chinese orb) goddamit. really hate losing all my skill ups and the light sub damage was nice.

smbu2000

Looking forward to the new upgraded Valk. I already have all of the materials on both of my accounts, so I'll be evo'ing them once it goes live on Saturday. They'll make my LMeta healing parties that much stronger.

It'll probably be awhile before I can ult. my Hera Is. 3 blue orbs is a lot. I only have one on my iPhone and I just recently used the blue orb to ult. my DMeta.
I always think of that whenever I read Rodin too haha.

I prefer to boost characters that can be used as subs and leaders, so I'd say Bastet since she's a good leader and can also be a decent sub. Horus is a good leader too, but as a sub he's only used for mono red teams as far as I know. Rodin's useful for almost everything because of his active skill, but I don't know if he's a good leader these days? I don't know if adding an HP boost to his skill made him leader quality now.

Yeah, that's a good idea. That's one of the reasons I went with LMeta for my first. I use a healing party a lot and I use her in my LHorus party as well. I decided to go with my Devil Bastet. She's my combo as well as Devil leader at the moment and I use her occasionally as a sub in other teams. (I've already max skilled her as well.)

EVERYTHING IS FORGIVEN GUNGHO, holy shit my favorite series getting a collab??? FUCK YES!!!

Calling it, REM monsters gonna be, Rei, Toki, Kenshiro, Mamiya, Bart.

im wondering if its gonna cover all hokuto no ken or just till raoh. man i hope toki is overpower as fuck like the fighting game :) :)
Very awesome collaboration. I'm definitely excited about this as I love this series. (I've seen all of the series/have all of the manga and several games as well)
I'm going to be saving up all of my stones for this one. I don't really do IAP, but this might tempt me to buy some extra stones. 0o0;

I already picked up my Raoh Devil Dragon (debidora) which is included as a bonus in the latest Zenon comics magazine for the collaboration.
http://www.comic-zenon.jp/pazdra/

I just realized how much I want a blue Valk for a U&Y sub. Dual tpa, blue main attribute, healer, with heart to blue active is very nice.

Edit: and the light sub to fulfill that requirement too. She's now on my list.

cw_sasuke

If you're on iOS, PAD Guide is a great companion app that notifies you about events.

Are the new awakenings only for the REM Valks and not for the standard light Valk?
No in game notification. Check puzzledragonx website or download PadGuide app and set alarms for yourself.

Thanks, downloaded the App on Android - works fine though i dont quite get how the time-zone setup works with the different groups works.
Also checked the recommended page and it says that there Metal Dungeons show up 4 times a day...really hard to believe that, have seen them like twice since i`ve been playing the game.

About Liang, i remeber seeing a good guide to building a team around him, but dont find the link anymore - do you guys have a link to a recent guide ?

btw. And wow at those Queen Metal Dragon exp...thats what i call a reward.

its time to grind stamina - what rank are you?

I think its been mentioned to run the trial dungeons on the weekends it gives both expansion to team cost and to stamina - the grind never stops - personally I'd love to hit 198 stamina for tama reasons so I constantly look for ways of grinding stamina.

as an aside happy turkey day everyone! - my family is going to do a weird non cooking holiday where everyone meets in the city at a restaurant - more than a dozen Irish and Russian third gens eating turkey and drinking vodka - I guess I should be happy there isn't a godfest running...
Rank 74 now, was Rank 66 a couple of days ago...so yes taking Ranking up more serious now ;-)

Edit:

Also put up my current teams, will try to kepp it up2date.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/teams

Tobe

Very awesome collaboration. I'm definitely excited about this as I love this series. (I've seen all of the series/have all of the manga and several games as well)
I'm going to be saving up all of my stones for this one. I don't really do IAP, but this might tempt me to buy some extra stones. 0o0;

I already picked up my Raoh Devil Dragon (debidora) which is included as a bonus in the latest Zenon comics magazine for the collaboration.
http://www.comic-zenon.jp/pazdra/

question is what are gonna be the name for the lead and active skill, my guess is hyakuretsu ken for kenshiros active and muso tensei for lead. now thinking about it, it would be awesome to have hokuto vs nanto collab.

zoku88

The good, I evolved Zhuge Liang and he looks quite nice. The bad, in the future I really should check how much the unit will cost after evolving. 50 cost for him is very much, especially compared to the U&Y evo with less than 30.

This is pretty much what happened to me, haha.

You posted your friend code a bit before, right? I'll send you something if you're not full. I think we both main U&Y and GZL

Jagernaut

Thanks, downloaded the App on Android - works fine though i dont quite get how the time-zone setup works with the different groups works.
Also checked the recommended page and it says that there Metal Dungeons show up 4 times a day...really hard to believe that, have seen them like twice since i`ve been playing the game.

About Liang, i remeber seeing a good guide to building a team around him, but dont find the link anymore - do you guys have a link to a recent guide ?

btw. And wow at those Queen Metal Dragon exp...thats what i call a reward.

Rank 74 now, was Rank 66 a couple of days ago...so yes taking Ranking up more serious now ;-)

Edit:

Also put up my current teams, will try to kepp it up2date.

https://www.padherder.com/user/cw_sasuke/teams

Everyone is divided into 1 of 5 groups depending on your friend code . Each group has a different time for metal/jewel dragons. Put your code into the PadGuide app (under settings) and it will show what group you are in and only show the metal/jewel times for your particular group.

So the Ronia ultimate evo Mats should not have surprised me, but God I hate getting all those red fruits. Got one through farming today, should four more runs today (1 run and then three more from level up)

Also screw the Chinese orbs.... Need red (ronia) light (Athena and Neptune) and dark (everything AND Haku skill ups)

linsivvi

So the Ronia ultimate evo Mats should not have surprised me, but God I hate getting all those red fruits. Got one through farming today, should four more runs today (1 run and then three more from level up)

Also screw the Chinese orbs.... Need red (ronia) light (Athena and Neptune) and dark (everything AND Haku skill ups)

That's why I was doing descends like mad during the last event where the appearance rate was 1.5 and got everything I need. Saves a lot of stamina in the long run.

I didn't account for Hera-Is though. :/

Jagernaut

Ronia orb is dark not red. I hate trifruits, I get useless blues and greens and only a few reds. I got lucky with pal pulls and got the 4th red trifruit I needed for Ronia ultimate.

The first 3 challenge levels were easy, 4 and 5 were harder but I beat them the first try with Ronia. 6 is no rcv so I may try using F/L Horus, getting 25x is much easier without heart orbs. I don't have a good boss spike for this team, no Izanagi and Flash is not leveled up yet.

jay23

Ronia orb is dark not red. I hate trifruits, I get useless blues and greens and only a few reds. I got lucky with pal pulls and got the 4th red trifruit I needed for Ronia ultimate.

The first 3 challenge levels were easy, 4 and 5 were harder but I beat them the first try with Ronia. 6 is no rcv so I may try using F/L Horus, getting 25x is much easier without heart orbs. I don't have a good boss spike for this team, no Izanagi and Flash is not leveled up yet.

What did you do in challenge 4 vs Crystal Aurora Dragon?

Challenge 5 seems easier than 4.

quin

Murako confirmed that they are fixing Hera-Is's stat cause everyone was complaining how bad she was.

Duh...

I'm not sure if it is "the fix" but on gungho's page it has her leader skill listed as:
above 50% god and devil attack x3
under 50% devil rcv x1.5

also attack has gone up to 1534

these are different than the card on murako's image

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*Player’s Choice Godfest*
[Duration]: 11/29 (Sat), 8:00 PM - 12/1 (Mon), 7:59 PM (PST)

The time has come, be prepared to meet your fate! The Chosen have descended, and are ready to unleash their powers at the Rare Egg Machine!

The full lineup of 30 is revealed below. Do you deem yourself ready?

1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali

140 Yomi
1107 Phantom God, Odin
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
362 Odin
803 Kushinadahime

1239 Lu Bu
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1073 Pandora
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer
642 Dark Angel Metatron

805 Izanagi
364 Odin, the War Deity
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1233 Sun Quan

801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
573 Apollo
498 Anubis
628 Archangel Lucifer
575 Persephone
494 Bastet
138 Amaterasu
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
236 Shiva
122 Minerva

*Note: As there was a four-way tie for 28th place and only 30 slots in the Godfest, the decision was made to omit 1238 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao from the 3x lineup. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Minvera scraping it out

cw_sasuke

Guess this would be the Godfest to pull if i want to get Yomi? Or are there Godfests where she has a higher chance of dropping?

ZeroAKA

Guess this would be the Godfest to pull if i want to get Yomi? Or are there Godfests where she has a higher chance of dropping?
This is pretty much the Godfest you want to spend all of your stones on. People voted those for a reason.

Edit: All Godfests pretty much have the same rates.

linsivvi

1 stoned level 7 with a Horus/Isis team but could've died at least a few more times. I think that's my limit but will try level 8 and 9 once.

cw_sasuke

This is pretty much the Godfest you want to spend all of your stones on. People voted those for a reason.

Edit: All Godfests pretty much have the same rates.
Thanks, guess this will be my final pull for this year then.

Top Bottom