• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Bladelaw

Put up a PadHerder and link it. Urd and Verdandi might put out decent damage, but their actives are going to work against you. It's quite possible you have some good utility subs sitting that can replace at least 1 of them.

As for number of stones, it's up to you to budget honestly. If you're going to IAP, the PCGF is a time to do it. They're going to be offering a 1 time bundle of 5 for $1 starting tomorrow, so that'll give you some good stones to start with. When I IAPed, I usually never spent more than $20, but that's just what I was personally comfortable spending.

I need access to a wifi spot to get it set up. I have an account but manually entering everything isn't an option while at work. I'll have it up when I get home though.

$20 sounds reasonable between what I have stored up in stones plus the 5 for 1 I should be able to hit that and get at least 5 pulls.

2/11 on Isis skill ups so far. My drops have been awful. In the same time I have max skilled Grodin and gotten 12 skill ups on FA Lucifer. Of course this is just in time for the arrival of awoken archdemons. Hoping he gets a great new active with his uvo, ala Kagutsuchi.

coy

Gonna buy my annual pack to spend on PCGF. I have 17 from the list and will try my luck at a few key subs, namely Satsuki, Kaede, and Vishnu. If Kanna, Isis, or Susano appear, I'd be pleased as well.

Kyuur

That one time roll/$1 sounds really tempting, but then I can't say I'm non-IAP. So I dunno. :( At the same time I feel like I should probably support these guys at some point since I've gotten so much playtime out of this.

NineH

Evangelion is on 1.5x drop right now. Looks like tamas on Expert are not a guaranteed drop on 1.5x but I still got 6/7 to drop and 3 were Misato tamas. I'm going to level up soon and use my whole stamina bar to farm some more Misato tamas.

So master on 1.5x drop and expert on 2x drop is the most efficient way to get the tamas right?

I have ran into a drought of Misato tamas the past few days and it sucks. Too bad I don't have Shinji but at least Asuka has a few skill ups though.

I made a padherder account and am going through adding what I have, but it's not picking up my evo materials.

I have them added to the account, but they're not showing up in the evolution column for the monsters.

Example being a keeper of flame. I have two on the account. But looking at my Burning God, Set it says I don't have any keeper of flames.

Kind of annoying.

Jagernaut

So master on 1.5x drop and expert on 2x drop is the most efficient way to get the tamas right?

I have ran into a drought of Misato tamas the past few days and it sucks. Too bad I don't have Shinji but at least Asuka has a few skill ups though.

Expert is better for both. I'm still getting a high drop rate on expert 1.5x even though it's not 100%.

Edit. 17 expert 1.5x runs, 15 tamas dropped and 5 were Misato tamas. I went 1/5 on skillups.

I made a padherder account and am going through adding what I have, but it's not picking up my evo materials.

I have them added to the account, but they're not showing up in the evolution column for the monsters.

Example being a keeper of flame. I have two on the account. But looking at my Burning God, Set it says I don't have any keeper of flames.

Kind of annoying.

Not sure exactly how it works, but make sure you're setting evo/enhance mats as food and not as monsters.

That one time roll/$1 sounds really tempting, but then I can't say I'm non-IAP. So I dunno. :( At the same time I feel like I should probably support these guys at some point since I've gotten so much playtime out of this.

Buy it as insurance for your account. I've read gungho support treats IAP accounts differently than non-IAP when it comes to restoring accounts.

yami4ct

You're earlier than I thought based on you having 2 Norns. Had some good luck with those pulls.

Given where you're at, that Ra team might be the best you can currently scrape together. I might suggest replacing Verdandi with Kushinada as her shield might end up being really helpful to you. We'll see where you end up after the PCGF. If you don't end up with at least 1 D or L Kali from there, I might suggest going towards a different leader as Ra's end game potential is super duper limited without Kalis.

Bladelaw

You're earlier than I thought based on you having 2 Norns. Had some good luck with those pulls.

Given where you're at, that Ra team might be the best you can currently scrape together. I might suggest replacing Verdandi with Kushinada as her shield might end up being really helpful to you. We'll see where you end up after the PCGF. If you don't end up with at least 1 D or L Kali from there, I might suggest going towards a different leader as Ra's end game potential is super duper limited without Kalis.

Yeah I feel like I'm in a transitional point between beginning and mid game. I did reset like hell in the beginning and my first two pulls that I kept were Verdandi and Urd. I usually manage 2-3 pulls per god fest, but I blew a bunch of stones on the FF collab due to fanboyism. I appreciate the help.

yami4ct

Yeah I feel like I'm in a transitional point between beginning and mid game. I did reset like hell in the beginning and my first two pulls that I kept were Verdandi and Urd. I usually manage 2-3 pulls per god fest, but I blew a bunch of stones on the FF collab due to fanboyism. I appreciate the help.

No problem! I always enjoy helping new players. Couldn't have gotten past a few humps myself if it weren't for PAD GAF.

I would say, depending on what you get this time, you'll absolutely have a mid-game team ready after the Godfest. A bit of warning, not to scare you off, the PAD transition from Mid to Late game is my least favorite part of it. Knowing you have an end-game ready squad, but not being able to use it because you have to raise team cost or farm super hard to get evo mats like Jewels or Descended bosses is terrible.

You're box is in a pretty great position to benefit from the PCGF. If you get some great red pulls, Urd is there to act as a leader or a key sub. Same for Verd with green. Ra will be good if you can get some Kali pulls. Okun and the Purple Grimoire can do some decent stuff if you get some good Dark pulls. Basically, no matter where you end up you should have a pretty easy idea where you should focus.

Rixa

2/11 on Isis skill ups so far. My drops have been awful. In the same time I have max skilled Grodin and gotten 12 skill ups on FA Lucifer. Of course this is just in time for the arrival of awoken archdemons. Hoping he gets a great new active with his uvo, ala Kagutsuchi.
Iam on the same boat, with different unit.

My Water Carnival skil upping is making me Nuts. Been pouring 3 days worth of stamina to WC. I think I made 12 runs in master difficulty and got whopping 3 DeviNyans. First day when I did WC for stone I got 1 DeviNyan from expert difficulty and 2 in one run at intermediate difficulty.

2/6 Is my skill ups so far and yeah over 500 sta burned. In 38h from this post starts "WC Drop Rate x1.5". going to run expert then and hoping that I get enough Devinyans before this 2.5x skill up ends. Awful :(, hell I even got 4 Tunabowls.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awoken Astaroth
Devil / Healer
Active: 4 turns counter with Wood damage. Change Fire, Jammer, and Poison orbs into Wood orbs.
LS: HP/ATK boost to Devil/Healer types. 3x ATK when attacking with 6+ connected Wood orbs.

masnremonsiy.jpg

Sooo....are Green Rows viable again ?
Ult Nephthys
God / Devil
Same active (cooldown lowered to 10 turns from 12, needs skill-ups)
Same LS
+200 HP, +100 ATK

gyd8cowlgpr8.jpg

Source for both is PDX.

yami4ct

Awoken Astaroth
Devil / Healer
Active: 4 turns counter with Wood damage. Change Fire, Jammer, and Poison orbs into Wood orbs.
LS: HP/ATK boost to Devil/Healer types. 3x ATK when attacking with 6+ connected Wood orbs.

Sooo....are Green Rows viable again ?

Well, we've been seeing quite a few monsters get Rows when they get Ults. I'm excited they've finally stated putting leaders out that can make better use them again. I don't think Awoken Astaroth will be top tier Ra/Yomi/Sakuya class, but she seems quite good.

But also, I've been totally wrong about that. I did not think Yomi would end up near as powerful as she is.

EDIT:
Wait, just remembered most of the green rows I would think to run don't fit that typing. You can't run Perseus or Artemis. Uhhhh. She's way worse than I was thinking. No clue what you'd even run.

cw_sasuke

Meh you are right...this is so stupid...Artemis as well as Ishida Mitsunari dont even benefit from the extra boost - what a dumb move thanks GungHo.

Michael would probably be a Top Sub with his new UUEVO...but still...seems like Astaroth might be a better sub for a kick ass Row leader if we ever get one.

ZombAid82

Yesterday on my 300 day anniversary i finally did my Awoken Susano!!!
Had to buy a jewel of Fire, but totally worth it. Had around 9000 MP.
Sold my second Ganesha for it.
(Yes,Yes, i know, never buy Jewel's from the MP-Shop, but i just couldn't resist.)
Only need one more Awoken Skill, and he is set.
And +eggs of course, but after Verdandi.
My Verdandi-Team now has over 40'000 Hp, which isn't all that bad, i think.

Now over to Cao Cao, waiting for thursday is such a chore....

raiot

Astaroth could work if her HP and ATK multiplier was for god types too, but even then she is a 4x leader with 1.3 HP... If you compare that to the new DMeta Skill we get today...

cw_sasuke

Seems like they realized that they made some of the early Awokens too strong - esp. compared to some GFE and are trying to balance it out again. There war a period were every Awoken was exciting and an upgrade...now most of them are kinda disappointing unless they get some special treatment like Sakuya. Meh...

cw_sasuke

Gave new DMeta a try...very powerful - dmg potential is nuts but you need the right SBR subs for her. Will be more interesting once we get Awoken Loki.

Negator

Gave new DMeta a try...very powerful - dmg potential is nuts but you need the right SBR subs for her. Will be more interesting once we get Awoken Loki.

Not quite optimal but I have seen people advocate using awoken I&I until we get Awoken Loki or Castor. Seems like a legit substitute in the meantime.

Man, Astaroth's typing requirement is weird. I guess it depends on the multiplier though. If it's 1.5x then you could afford to go off-type for a few subs in the interest of more rows, or choose on-type subs by sacrificing row enhances. Still hope they tweek it a bit.

The active update is acceptable I guess, as good as could be expected. Wish they'd been more inventive withe the card overall.

raiot

The biggest problem with Astaroth is:
Why should I care evolving her?
The answer right now is: I don't care, it is just a big waste of Orbs.

Wonder if slightly gimping the damage output with a Chester sub will be worth the poverty skill bind immunity until I luck into a Loki or Castor. Not sure if I should drop Hanzo or Persephone for him though...

Well that sucked. Went 0/4 on Extreme TAMA feeds to DMeta. Guess I'll wait for Dub-metalits to come over. Still feeling too stingy with my Pys, even though I'm sitting on 22 Badpys. Just have a psychological block using Pys when I know there are alternative skillup mobs. Will definitely get more loose with them if/when I'm able to reliably farm arena.

Wow someone on Reddit has pointed out that Astaroth is objectively worse than Raoh in almost every way.

-Raoh has haste vs. Astaroth's counter which is not even close to as valuable.

-Raoh has a scaling multiplier for x connected orbs.

-Raoh has a devil/attacker typing for his passive buff. His sub pool is MUCH bigger.

Unless Astaroth's passive is 2x, she got seriously shafted here. But that's not likely, as it would be kind of broken with the right subs...

yami4ct

Unless Astaroth's passive is 2x, she got seriously shafted here. But that's not likely, as it would be kind of broken with the right subs...

Well, Raoh is a collab Gold, so his rarity makes it not too surprising that he's better.

I wonder if Astaroth will get enough backlash to warrant a buff. As she is, I cannot seeing anyone even thinking of using her.

bjork

Randomly rolled, got a Levianthan. Is there any good use for it, or one of its ultimate forms? Otherwise it's getting sold so I can buy the missing piece for my metatron ultimate form.

hermit7

Well, Raoh is a collab Gold, so his rarity makes it not too surprising that he's better.

I wonder if Astaroth will get enough backlash to warrant a buff. As she is, I cannot seeing anyone even thinking of using her.

Is a decent sub still, regardless of her leader skill. A team with perseus lead/ michael/ asraroth/ artemis/ freyja/ perseus

Gives good damage and orb changers, 12 rows and a burst of 64x. Note that with 12 rows damage scales 120 percent so you're effectively doing 70x at all times with 1 row. Not too bad.

Jagernaut

Is a decent sub still, regardless of her leader skill. A team with perseus lead/ michael/ asraroth/ artemis/ freyja/ perseus

Gives good damage and orb changers, 12 rows and a burst of 64x. Note that with 12 rows damage scales 120 percent so you're effectively doing 70x at all times with 1 row. Not too bad.

How are you getting 64x? Perseus leads give you 16x max and Freyja gives you a 2x boost for 2 turns.

Kyuur

A bit to this party, but one green mask secured for Verdandi uvo! Hopefully can grab the other one later today. I tend to get 80% blues. >>;

cw_sasuke

New DMeta kicks ass - damage output on A. Yomi level with way less effort. Sure she cant handle gimmicks as well (for now) but its quite the upgrade. Need to max skill. Pandora though.

quickmemo_2015-11-25-5dxxx.png

btw. So about those Skill Bind Delay Tamas. Have they been MP Shop only in Japan so far or can they be farmed via Invades like the other Tamadras ?

Lets say a Boss Delays your units for 3 turns - do you need 3 Tamas on a unit to not be affected or only one ?
Not quite optimal but I have seen people advocate using awoken I&I until we get Awoken Loki or Castor. Seems like a legit substitute in the meantime.
Heh...yeah i would use either of them if had them - especially Castor looks quite solid. I will just have to wait for Loki.
Wonder if slightly gimping the damage output with a Chester sub will be worth the poverty skill bind immunity until I luck into a Loki or Castor. Not sure if I should drop Hanzo or Persephone for him though...
I think her Damage outputs allows one Utility-only sub like Chester ....maybe not for the toughest dungeons but for the most stuff. She can tank quite a bit so its easier to stall a bit for more dark orbs with using an active.

Top Bottom