• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Box check-in: https://www.padherder.com/user/bjork/

I need to really focus on one team and go for levels, so it's mostly been a team of Kushinadahima/Echidna/Nut/Inazami/Indra that I use with a friend Thoth & Sopdet and it works okay, but not enough to clear high-end stuff yet.

You have a good devil team that has all the components that you need just some levels and awakenings.

Alurane / Haku / pandora/ vamp Lord (Halloween) / pierdrawn ( level and evo to drawn joker) with this you have good amounts of orb changers and is dark focused.

Pair with a ronia or Beelz and you can work your way to descends that can get you awoken mats for higher end teams.

bjork

You have a good devil team that has all the components that you need just some levels and awakenings.

Alurane / Haku / pandora/ vamp Lord (Halloween) / pierdrawn ( level and evo to drawn joker) with this you have good amounts of orb changers and is dark focused.

Pair with a ronia or Beelz and you can work your way to descends that can get you awoken mats for higher end teams.

I set this team up, I'll give it a go. I've never really run many one-color teams, other than a water team that I had okay results with. I always feel like I'm missing out by not getting any attack out of the other matched colors, heh.

Finally beat Wednesday mythical! And I got the blue evo mask I've needed for months to evolve my beast rider. Cleared it 2 of 3 times today, so I feel pretty confident I can do it when I have to. I also keep clearing techs and specials I haven't yet, so I'll probably have an extra couple rolls for PCGF. Feels good.

Rixa

<so many curse words as possible>

I hate water carnival.

- Master difficulty runs over 15
- DeviNyans from Master difficulty 5
- Nut 2/3 after that 0/5 = 2/8
- Tunabowls 7 (wtf).

Got rank increase and was yes 3 more runs
-> 0 DeviNyans dropped

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I hate water carnival.

- Master difficulty runs over 15
- DeviNyans from Master difficulty 5
- Nut 2/3 after that 0/5 = 2/8
- Tunabowls 7 (wtf).

Got rank increase and was yes 3 more runs
-> 0 DeviNyans dropped

Glad there is still some time left and we get 1.5x tomorrow. I fed 8 DeviNyans today and got 0 skill-up...tthat was...unexpected lol.

Rixa

Glad there is still some time left and we get 1.5x tomorrow. I fed 8 DeviNyans today and got 0 skill-up...tthat was...unexpected lol.
Uh that was bad :eek:
Yes and on saturday evening:
Code:
Water Carnival:
Drop Rate x2 Starts in: 3Days 0Hrs 39Mins
The dungeon has not started
Next week is still but skill up rate is awful so better to save those Nyans (if I get them at all) for skill up event...

Kyuur

Box: https://www.padherder.com/user/divu...2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what type of team I should be making, which cards to focus on, and what gods I should be looking to get from the PCGF that's coming soon.

The leaders that stand out to me in this list:

- Amaterasu: Awoken ultimate only, potential end game leader if you get more good healers. Likely far off, wouldn't focus on right now.
- Sarasvati: Ultimate her and she will be able to go through a lot of content. Merlin and Tidus are good fits, Rinoa and Harley Quinn can be used temporarily. Ultimately you'll want better some subs down the line to make the most of her.
- Ariel: Will take you a long way once she gets her ultimate form with just the two leaders. Rei/Flash/Squall are all decent, Zidane temporarily.

Focus on one of the bottom two and keep Ammy in your mind for later. Sara is likely stronger right now but once Ariel is ultimate the damage output from her and a friend Ariel alone will carry you and let you start getting endgame mats, so I'd start with that.

For godfest, you'll want to pull Light Healers / Blue Anything / Light Attackers respectively. Not that you get to choose what you roll, so don't sweat it!

Ducarmel

I think Attacker Amaterasu would be better for now, assuming divusrex can get the mats. Ariel's ultimate who knows when she will come to NA.

Since his box is not that impressive I would say pull everything he has, maybe he will get something better then Awoken Ama

Kyuur

Attacker Ammy is another option yeah, but that light jewel + gold keeper is kind of prohibitive. I don't feel like Ariel will be too long from now, maybe another month?

But agree on pulling, there's a lot of good stuff. Maybe post your box + pulls again when you've done so and we can point out even more options that become available. :)

divusrex

The leaders that stand out to me in this list:

- Amaterasu: Awoken ultimate only, potential end game leader if you get more good healers. Likely far off, wouldn't focus on right now.
- Sarasvati: Ultimate her and she will be able to go through a lot of content. Merlin and Tidus are good fits, Rinoa and Harley Quinn can be used temporarily. Ultimately you'll want better some subs down the line to make the most of her.
- Ariel: Will take you a long way once she gets her ultimate form with just the two leaders. Rei/Flash/Squall are all decent, Zidane temporarily.

Focus on one of the bottom two and keep Ammy in your mind for later. Sara is likely stronger right now but once Ariel is ultimate the damage output from her and a friend Ariel alone will carry you and let you start getting endgame mats, so I'd start with that.

For godfest, you'll want to pull Light Healers / Blue Anything / Light Attackers respectively. Not that you get to choose what you roll, so don't sweat it!

Thank you (and Ducarmel) for the input. It's a bit unfortunate that the upcoming PCGF is lacking blue, but honestly I'll take what I can get at this stage. I'll be sure to update the box once I finish all my pulls.

I did get lucky on some of my pulls during the evo carnival event for the PAL egg event a loong time ago to get a keeper of the gold. I plan on saving that (and all the insanely rare evo materials) for the high priority leads.

smbu2000

Well I wasn't planning on taking another picture since I posted the S rank on the Shonen Sunday dungeon earlier, but I just had a really nice run on this one! Surprised myself on it. Your average combo can raise your score a lot.

IMG_5292shonenss_zpsksnqlrzv.jpg

I've been running the dungeon a lot trying to get skill ups. I got my 750 day bonus and pulled again getting Aladdin. I've had no luck on skill ups with him, but I've gotten my Ushio and Tora up to level 4 (max 6) and my Lum up to 3 (max 5). I should be able to finish them off soon hopefully.

Awoken gods tend to CRUSH collab golds... colab golds are good for about roughly 1 month. then the FOTM bonus is over.
I don't know about that. There are some really good collab. golds. Vegito is still fairly strong as a leader and useful as a sub. Gon is also pretty powerful. I use Kite a lot and he can clear a lot of stuff with his 64x attack and he doesn't even have an uevo yet.

razterik

btw. So about those Skill Bind Delay Tamas. Have they been MP Shop only in Japan so far or can they be farmed via Invades like the other Tamadras ?

Lets say a Boss Delays your units for 3 turns - do you need 3 Tamas on a unit to not be affected or only one ?

Still MP Shop exclusive.

Each latent on a card reduces the delay for that card by one turn. So you would need 3 latents on a card for it to avoid delay in your example. Realistically, most delays are ~2 turns right now, so more than two delay resist latents isn't usually recommended. And you can take advantage of haste cards by placing the delay resist latents on them and then use their skill to reactivate the rest of your team.

Dandte

From what i read it looks like green cao cao is the choice to make. thanks guys!
btw, rixa wrote that with 9 orbs a 2*4 ist better than a 1*4 +1*5 orb connection.
With Leilan, Uriel and Belial my monocolor fire team can make a full red board. Is it advised to do so or would be a multi combo better?

Jagernaut

From what i read it looks like green cao cao is the choice to make. thanks guys!
btw, rixa wrote that with 9 orbs a 2*4 ist better than a 1*4 +1*5 orb connection.
With Leilan, Uriel and Belial my monocolor fire team can make a full red board. Is it advised to do so or would be a multi combo better?

A multi combo is almost always better. A full red board is only good if you enhance all the orbs and have a lot of fire row enhance awakenings on your team.

coy

Thank God(fest) it only took 3 blue masks to get LMeta back to max skill. Now to continue being jelly of DMeta.

Goldrush

Received Thor shortly before they patched in the Awoken version and it just seems like the game is pushing me toward a light row team. Along with Thor, I have Sun Wukong, Venus, and Da Qiao (multiple if needed). That's 12 light rows. Just want to make sure I understand the calculation. Considering Wukong double leaders, would maxing his leader skill with row+additional be equivalent to x16*2.2?

Ugh. 5/48 and still one more skill up to go. I'll just live with the 6 turn heartbreak until the next time Valkyrie Descend returns. Not sinking any more stones into this.

Received Thor shortly before they patched in the Awoken version and it just seems like the game is pushing me toward a light row team. Along with Thor, I have Sun Wukong, Venus, and Da Qiao (multiple if needed). That's 12 light rows. Just want to make sure I understand the calculation. Considering Wukong double leaders, would maxing his leader skill with row+additional be equivalent to x16*2.2?
You have the right idea. But you'd still have to factor in the bonus multipliers for combo count, extra orbs, enhanced orbs, etc.

Rixa

If you are using TPA awoken units then 2x4 etc is better.
PADX TPA
PADX said:
Name: Two-Pronged Attack
Effect: Eliminating exactly 4 connected orbs of the same color for 1.5x ATK on 2 enemies

Ugh. 5/48 and still one more skill up to go. I'll just live with the 6 turn heartbreak until the next time Valkyrie Descend returns. Not sinking any more stones into this.
Aww that sounds horrible :eek:.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another week, another new GFE card

Sylvie (6-stars base)
Dragon / Attacker
Active: Change board into Wood, Light, and Heal orbs. 1 turn Haste.
LS: 2x HP and 2.5x ATK to Wood attribute cards. 1.3x ATK to Wood cards after using a skill.

kihyuwnvzswg.jpg

My chibi Valk was 1/18 last event during 2x. Today she's 1/18. :(

Ouch...thats just brutal - especially since its such an essential but basic skill. Game can be cruel sometimes.
Still MP Shop exclusive.
Each latent on a card reduces the delay for that card by one turn. So you would need 3 latents on a card for it to avoid delay in your example. Realistically, most delays are ~2 turns right now, so more than two delay resist latents isn't usually recommended. And you can take advantage of haste cards by placing the delay resist latents on them and then use their skill to reactivate the rest of your team.

Perfect thanks, so its just like i imagined. I think i might have to buy some of them ...just have to make sure i chose the right units first. A. Susano and Meimei would be my Top contenders right now.. esp. Susano since i also use him on my Sakuya team.

Shit is expensive though.

Dandte

I just realized europe won't get the buy 1 get 5 value pack :(

instead they were hinting this

Puzzle & Dragons Europe: Not for Thanksgiving, but maybe Father Christmas will have something special...

J0dy77

1060 days of non-iap and I finally beat my first challenge 10 dungeon (zero stones). First time I've ever felt like I have a truly overpowered team. Kirin is godly!!!

jqW8rwXl.jpg

jay23

1060 days of non-iap and I finally beat my first challenge 10 dungeon (zero stones). First time I've ever felt like I have a truly overpowered team. Kirin is godly!!!

Congrats what are your plus eggs looking like on this team?

I should save my stones for Japanese 1 GF really want susano and yomi.

Kyuur

Another week, another new GFE card

To be expected, the new Dragonbound to match Awoken Freyja. Dark and Fire next to round off the series. I have to say art wise I don't like this one as much as Light/Water.

What do you guys think of her + Freyja for green row leaders? Last time I checked these Norse + Dragonbounds are ranked quite highly as leads in JP.

J0dy77

Congrats what are your plus eggs looking like on this team?

I should save my stones for Japanese 1 GF really want susano and yomi.

I'm close to hypermax on the team. I fed my 297 beelzebub to kirin, my 220 echidna to d. Kali and 150 lubu to yomi. The 90 eggs from the challenge rewards went to yomi. Only need about 350 more. Been waiting for an OP team like this.

Jagernaut

To be expected, the new Dragonbound to match Awoken Freyja. Dark and Fire next to round off the series. I have to say art wise I don't like this one as much as Light/Water.

What do you guys think of her + Freyja for green row leaders? Last time I checked these Norse + Dragonbounds are ranked quite highly as leads in JP.

Dark and Fire Dragonbounds already exist, Typhon and Gadius.

Ducarmel

We got 2 dragon callers for RBG. I don't think its a stretch to have 2 Dragonbounds. But a second dark Dragonbound would start a new trend, because so far only one of each for light/dark

Kyuur

Dark and Fire Dragonbounds already exist, Typhon and Gadius.

I guess you're right, but will they leave Loki and Freyr without a complimentary GFE leader? Maybe we'll get 2 other gods with the req. leader but a different active, since Typhon and Gadius have that the same as the others.

razterik

I'm back in the saddle again..

Can't believe this worked, haha. I seriously flubbed a few floors, including eating 10 turn bind by Athena, which should've been resurrection because she was below 10% health. Dark Trons were more than enough to finish her, thankfully, because her Starburst and full health is almost unwinnable condition. Spent one stone the 2nd turn against Goemon, then a while bouncing his health back and forth. With better play, I'm sure this could have been zero stone.

Of course I gave up and wasted two stones clearing Challenge 9. Fagan, Defoud, and Voice back to back is nasty. Well, I'm done and these rogue dungeons can go rot.

FZZ

Banned
Looks like we got the FotNS data downloaded

Probably getting it right after this collaboration and after PC Godfest

Idc I'm gonna buy Yuria from the MP shop.

She's waifu status

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Player’s Choice Godfest*
[Duration]: 11/29 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 12/1 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PST)

With the votes determined, the hour finally draws near. Your unified voice has declared the strongest, the most desirable: and for 72 hours, they will appear.

The 30 Featured Gods will appear at Level 50! And, as an added part of the lineup, the new Dragonbounds, Saria and Ryune, are also included! For more details on the new Godfest Exclusives, see here: http://on.fb.me/1N6PpZe

To see the full lineup, look below:

2440 Orange Dragonbound, Saria (NEW!)
2442 Blue Dragonbound, Ryune (NEW!)

Top 5
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
140 Yomi
2147 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
494 Bastet

6 - 10
138 Amaterasu
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
236 Shiva
1107 Phantom God, Odin
496 Ra

11 - 15
136 Susano
1235 Liu Bei
1233 Sun Quan
807 Okuninushi
803 Kushinadahime

16 - 20
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
2149 Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
642 Dark Angel Metatron
132 Kagutsuchi
128 Venus

21 - 25
2145 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
1671 The Norn Verdandi
2272 Akechi Mitsuhide
1073 Pandora
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei

26 - 30
370 Idunn&Idunna
1334 Vishnu
1231 Cao Cao
492 Isis
242 Indra

guess i will roll

jay23

How many times are you guys rolling?

I remember my first pcgf I had around 150 stones saved up. Hoping to have enough for at least 7 rolls this time around.

Water gala tho? Eww

hermit7

How many times are you guys rolling?

I remember my first pcgf I had around 150 stones saved up. Hoping to have enough for at least 7 rolls this time around.

Water gala tho? Eww

Rolling 3 times probably.

I have most of the gods on that list and don't really want any specifically. Would like a Dkali but who wouldn't, and aside from that maybe the new GFE gods. Also want the previous Dragon callers, only have sumire so manna and Satsuki would be nice but we shall see.

Negator

oh damn. Did not expect to see the new GFEs added to this godfest. Thought GungHo was going to GungHo. Might roll a pack.

Blue = Would not mind a dupe

fkNlutE.jpg

Crap. Maybe I should not roll after all lol :( A big problem is that the ones I don't have, I want very very badly.

Kyuur

Water Gala is actually really nice for me. I could really use Famiel and I&I on my U&Y squad to replace Aquaman and Alfecca.

Other wants this GF: Shiva, Kaede

Edit: Thought the above was a cool idea, did my own!

FMMS8Gj.png

The non-IAP life. I'll probably only get 4-5 rolls max.

Rixa

Not expecting to get anything major from PCGF, but I like that its Water Gala.
Going to roll 4 times maybe 5 times if I get enough stones. I dont have many of those gods and if I get dupes I can use them or sell (Verdandi would be my 3rd).

After bitching 4 days RNG decided to stop bitching.
I was prepared to use 120 sta for 1.5x drop rate in WC and wasnt expecting major DeviNyan drops. But I got 5 DeviNyans in 2 runs and skill upped 2/5. Whole this event I had better DeviNyan drop rate at lower difficulty dungeons. Glad its done and I have 4 turn orb maker. It took over 700 sta to hunt for skill ups.

Ok, since I had excess stamina and I wasnt sure what to do. For the laughs lets test my not finished A.S. team...
Got the stone too, something that my wood team variaton couldnt do (didnt even try).
Unit levels:

- A.S. 93 sklv 1 +2
- C.C. 38 sklv max +0
- A.H. 25 sklv max +1
- DHS.L 42 sklv 1 +10
- AWD.A.78 sklv 5 +1
- A.S. 99 sklv max +101

So easy, time to get more levels and Jewels for my dupe Leilan to get it Awoken.

Thus those things done it was this mornings (07:00 my time) Tamadra Retreat time. I knew that I have time for 2 runs and if rng starts bitch me I can use 1 stone.
Other run dropped one Tamadra and last wave was Chibidra, no need to use stone:
3 Tamas, 4 Babies, 1 Chibi. Maxxed Snow White with BT (again) 1/2.

Praise the RNG gods.

Top Bottom