• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

qIY94Ug.jpg

6ZhvZLz.jpg
Hold on to your butts.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My Sara and Sumire teams are on some next level shit now that i run 2 max skilled Nuts. Actually all Water units used are maxskilled - the Nut x Sumire combo is amazing.
After bitching 4 days RNG decided to stop bitching.

I was prepared to use 120 sta for 1.5x drop rate in WC and wasnt expecting major DeviNyan drops. But I got 5 DeviNyans in 2 runs and skill upped 2/5. Whole this event I had better DeviNyan drop rate at lower difficulty dungeons. Glad its done and I have 4 turn orb maker. It took over 700 sta to hunt for skill ups.
Congrats bro - good that we got it done as early as possible was going to post the same. Got my 2nd Nut max skilled after getting 3/5 on my last attempt earlier.
Hold on to your butts.
First time since playing the game that i kinda regret not having Blue or Green Sonia....well at least i got Halloween Sonia xD

razterik

They look great but need some serious power creep past ult Ronia for relevance. Lots of GFEs are in this state now, not sure how or if they'll fix it.

Rixa

My Sara and Sumire teams are on some next level shit now that i run 2 max skilled Nuts. Actually all Water units used are maxskilled - the Nut x Sumire combo is amazing.

Congrats bro - good that we got it done as early as possible was going to post the same. Got my 2nd Nut max skilled after getting 3/5 on my last attempt earlier.

First time since playing the game that i kinda regret not having Blue or Green Sonia....well at least i got Halloween Sonia xD

Thanks and same to you gratz for getting both to Nuts. No Blonia & Gronia here, I have 2 Ronias but prolly not uevoing them from Extant to Marvelous, let them rot in my inbox.

cw_sasuke

FotNS dungeon is coming back on Monday according to PDX.

I can finally work on max skilling Wee Jas (screw you Ceres) - just sucks that it starts when 2.5x skill-up ends.
Thanks and same to you gratz for getting both to Nuts. No Blonia & Gronia here, I have 2 Ronias but prolly not uevoing them from Extant to Marvelous, let them rot in my inbox.
Yeah, right now is not the time to work on those Ronias...Evolution materials and skilling her ups isnt worth the effort right now. But who knows what the future will bring.

Did you had any more time with A.Lakshmi yet ? Do you like her or is the team still missing key units ?
They look great but need some serious power creep past ult Ronia for relevance. Lots of GFEs are in this state now, not sure how or if they'll fix it.
Just a bunch of more useful Awakenings (probably more rows) and adding Haste to their actives - doesnt seem like it would be too much work to make them relevant again. I dont expect them to take Ronia as a template.

Rixa

FotNS dungeon is coming back on Monday according to PDX.

I can finally work on max skilling Wee Jas (screw you Ceres) - just sucks that it starts when 2.5x skill-up ends.

Yeah, right now is not the time to work on those Ronias...Evolution materials and skilling her ups isnt worth the effort right now. But who knows what the future will bring.

Did you had any more time with A.Lakshmi yet ? Do you like her or is the team still missing key units ?

Just a bunch of more useful Awakenings (probably more rows) and adding Haste to their actives - doesnt seem like it would be too much work to make them relevant again. I dont expect them to take Ronia as a template.

Ahem, so I could skill up Wee Jas and I was thinking I can pour my sta to something else (like exp dragons...) :p.
My Water team is as good as it can be with the REM cards I have. Only need levels, havent played much with that team cause the Nut project.
A.L. skill level is 4.

jiggle

Oh how the mighty Ronia has fallen

Will have 5 rolls rdy

Desperately wants
Shiva(And cow cow)
Vishnu

Killing myself if I get anymore of these dupes
Liu bei(4)
Meimei(3)
L.kali(3)
Sun quan(3)
Venus
Isis
Yomi

Dandte

Isis and dmeta made in the final 30, plus i only have cao cao, sakuya and satsuki. Chances are good i will get something Usefull with 7 Rolls.

Quantum

Hold on to your butts.

My nephew asked me the other day why I don't use my Blonia anymore - I explained how my blue team (blonia lead) was very helpful more than a year ago, todays game has no use for blonia - underpowered, too much RCV without enough HP to tank when it counts.

prove me wrong gungho - (my hypermax is waiting and my wallet is ready)

smbu2000

So Gungo Ho is raising the skill up rate now. For the second half of the current JP event the skill up rate will be at 3x. Is that a first?

I've been doing alright skilling up the characters on my iPhone. Recca, Ushio & Tora, and Lum only need 1 more skill up each to max them. I also picked up another Lum in the REM too. I have a lot of Inuyasha/Alibaba skill ups in my box. I hope I can get one of them to use the skill up fodder.

There are so many descends in the current descend challenge. I finished off the hard ones, last I had to do were Zaerog8 and Deus ex. Now I just need 3 more of the easier ones to finish it off. I've been going through them with either my Kite team or my A.Ra team.

Still not having great luck getting ATK plus eggs. Isis still needs 20 more. I have about 50 of each of the others. I'm still trying to decide who to plus next. Maybe A.Loki might be a good choice since his skill is good for Light/Dark characters, so I could use him on my Kite team or my A.Ra since he is a devil. He also works on a D.LKali team as he would get the boost for being a devil.

I do want to see what that Gronia uevo will look like though. I've been steadily skill leveling mine up.

Ducarmel

I have half the gods in the next godfest, I got 10 pulls, historically pcgf has always been disappointing to me and D Kali is the only one I want. I never learned my lesson and will pull hard.

FoTN I think I will yolo 1 pull. Currently I have Toki who I don't use, and 2 silvers I might end up just selling.

game8 shook up there ranking system.

https://translate.googleusercontent.../18865&usg=ALkJrhgIbJsdq2IYBywrJKdHOXN7LH3p0Q

Makes more sense, I did not see how Bastet, Yomi, even Kite my favorite leader in the game, was on the same level as Ra, Anubis and Sakuya.

Kyuur

They completely skipped Beyzul in favor of Ilsix for Blonia's art here. :lol: Poor Beyzul.

My nephew asked me the other day why I don't use my Blonia anymore - I explained how my blue team (blonia lead) was very helpful more than a year ago, todays game has no use for blonia - underpowered, too much RCV without enough HP to tank when it counts.

prove me wrong gungho - (my hypermax is waiting and my wallet is ready)

Out of curiosity, have you tried a friend Castle Sonia (blue/dark, HP x2 instead of RCV)? My friend who hasn't hit mid game yet has her so I've suggested him to try that out with a regular Blonia friend, which will now be even better. Awoken I&I and the new water Dragonbound would make excellent subs I think.

Edit: Theorycrafting for fun, full SBR CastleSonia/I&I/Typhon/Yomi/Karin/Blonia. Lacking in rows but Yomi/I&I would make up for that. 50k HP, only 2.5k RCV though, but I don't think there's many options to assist with that with the pool. Drawn or Halloween Joker I guess, but I wouldn't sacrifice SBR for the extra RCV / skill loss.

I'm hoping for a nice update to the leader skill as well. Certainly more than Ronia got. Blue and green are both looking for row leaders right now and these two are the perfect candidates.

And unless its just a straight buff, they don't really need to touch the actives. I won't say no to haste, but if it's a new skill that requires skilling up from scratch, that would be a bit annoying.

smbu2000

Well tried out Yamatsumi with my Bastet team and I was able to clear both levels on the first try. That green boost really helps and I had about 37k HP with my mixed Bastet team (Bastet/Liu Bei/Susano are hyper, but Mei Mei and Verdandi aren't)
Only real worrisome part was Yamato Takeru showing up before the boss fight and hitting with a 27k preemptive attack! I already had Susano's shield up, so I had no problems with it. On legend it was only a 14.5k preempt.

That 1.5x (HP/ATK/RCV) boost to Green characters really makes it easy for Bastet. You can also pick up Famiel/Ruel skillups as they both appear on the same floor.

Also finished off the Descend Challenge (all 30 of them!) and now I can continue working on the Sunday collab. dungeon for skill ups.

I'm hoping for a nice update to the leader skill as well. Certainly more than Ronia got. Blue and green are both looking for row leaders right now and these two are the perfect candidates.

And unless its just a straight buff, they don't really need to touch the actives. I won't say no to haste, but if it's a new skill that requires skilling up from scratch, that would be a bit annoying.
For uevos they don't make you start skills from level 1 again. Only with the Awoken form I believe. It would be nice if they did power up the skill with a haste or something. Just because... hehe.

The leader skill is also what I'm interested in seeing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Think I'm gonna dump all of my some 90 stones into about 18 pulls. I could use anything, really, but my eyes are on L.Kali, Rodin, Ra, and Isis.

I assume there's no different selection across days and it's all one right?

Quantum

They completely skipped Beyzul in favor of Ilsix for Blonia's art here. :lol: Poor Beyzul.

Out of curiosity, have you tried a friend Castle Sonia (blue/dark, HP x2 instead of RCV)? My friend who hasn't hit mid game yet has her so I've suggested him to try that out with a regular Blonia friend, which will now be even better. Awoken I&I and the new water Dragonbound would make excellent subs I think.

Edit: Theorycrafting for fun, full SBR CastleSonia/I&I/Typhon/Yomi/Karin/Blonia. Lacking in rows but Yomi/I&I would make up for that. 50k HP, only 2.5k RCV though, but I don't think there's many options to assist with that with the pool. Drawn or Halloween Joker I guess, but I wouldn't sacrifice SBR for the extra RCV / skill loss.

I have looked at options with blonia, and while Castlesonia goes a long way fixing the RCV issue in favor of additonal HP the damage is lack luster - I have slowly but over the year moved from my blue teams, my devil teams and my healer teams to running mostly red leads and an occasional a.RA team. without multiple rows and very good boards there is no comparison with either the damage or consistency of damage output when using A.Shiva, A.Ra, S.dragon and even Urd as a leader - I have high hopes for Blonia but certainly am not expecting it to be game changing

It would be nice though.

Kyuur

PDX reporting that the skill up infestation is coming up. This is our first time getting it on NA right? Iirc the rates on JP were abysmal or something.

razterik

First time for NA, drop rates are awful, and half the skill ups aren't useful anymore. Run for stone.

3x skill up rate for JP is new. Not that it matters much when the drop chance for new skill ups is so bad. But I guess it's good for older things.

Most interesting things is half price on all latents in MP shop. Right after people went in for the 50k skill delay resists. Not holding back on punching IAPs in the nuts, eh. Still don't think it's worth buying anything non-exclusive, but this sets a dangerous precedent for MP shop sales. How long till those 300k MP dragons are half off..

Also, 10k MP for a fat metal!?

Quantum

First time for NA, drop rates are awful, and half the skill ups aren't useful anymore. Run for stone.

3x skill up rate for JP is new. Not that it matters much when the drop chance for new skill ups is so bad. But I guess it's good for older things.

Most interesting things is half price on all latents in MP shop. Right after people went in for the 50k skill delay resists. Not holding back on punching IAPs in the nuts, eh. Still don't think it's worth buying anything non-exclusive, but this sets a dangerous precedent for MP shop sales. How long till those 300k MP dragons are half off..

wait - skill delay resists were 50k? I see them at 30k

- I'm really tempted to drop a pair on my S.dragon, but since I haven't been bothered too much by the increased skill penalty I just didn't bother - in fact in any dungeon I've been effected by I don't think the damage that comes afterwards made it an issue.

razterik

wait - skill delay resists were 50k? I see them at 30k

You're right, I must have been thinking of the pii price.

GH should just go crazy and do a 1/2 price deal for magic stones. They'd make so much money from people just stockpiling stones they may never even use up.

I have some vague recollection of a JP stone sale way back when? I think it completely crashed the game. Maybe my memory playing tricks on me, though.

yami4ct

Screw challenge floor 7.

Sopdet is a real fucker. I like the idea of what he's trying to do, as he emphasizes control of your damage, but the majority of Top Tier leaders that can clear the rest of the floor don't have that fine of control, so you end up relying largely on luck.

jiggle

Is it worth it to farm corpse wyrm for tiamat to sell for MP?

I could barely manage 60k MP (that I wasted on the useless time ext latent oops) cleaning out my box

How are ppl getting 250k+ o_O

jiggle

Rolling lots and lots of 3k, 5k, 15k, and 50k MP fodder. :p
What gives 50k?

Rolling back to back Skulds, twice.
Right
I guess it's just hard for me to fathom letting go any of those cards
What if they get good someday?

I mean, eventually my harem of Baals and Apocalypse will become God tier right?XD

Tiamat does not drop from dungeons anymore. Except for the Gift of a Lifetime event dungeon.

Oh sad :(

coy

What gives 50k?

Right
I guess it's just hard for me to fathom letting go any of those cards
What if they get good someday?

I mean, eventually my harem of Baals and Apocalypse will become God tier right?XD

Oh sad :(
I'm only at 110k after selling many unwanted cards. I don't have good luck getting 6* GFEs (only D.Kali and Blonia after 3 years) which is preventing me from racking up MP.

razterik

Selling 6* exclusives is crazy to me. Only have one dupe of that rarity (Blodin) and I've rolled a lot.

With JP Descend Challenge continuing into the next event, we have our first overlap of jewel invades and 10x, for those keeping track of these things.

cw_sasuke

Thats a shitty move - sales on MP Store goods should not happen imo. Some people save up years of MP to afford these units...only to witness them being slashed in price a couple weeks later ? That sucks.
Selling 6* exclusives is crazy to me. Only have one dupe of that rarity (Blodin) and I've rolled a lot.

With JP Descend Challenge continuing into the next event, we have our first overlap of jewel invades and 10x, for those keeping track of these things.
I sold dupe DMeta - just couldnt see a scenario where i would need both of them, especially considering i dont use her much to begin with.
GH should just go crazy and do a 1/2 price deal for magic stones. They'd make so much money from people just stockpiling stones they may never even use up.

In the long run they would make less money than they are now. Everyone and their mom would wait for this deal to come back before spending on stones again....whales wouldnt care too much, but they are the customer group that dont care right now anyway.

The worth of stones would just decrease and GungHo would introduce even tougher stages where stonig is mandatory and/or introduce more troll units for Gacha pulls.

jay23

Thats a shitty move - sales on MP Store goods should not happen imo. Some people save up years of MP to afford these units...only to witness them being slashed in price a couple weeks later ? That sucks.

Ehh I would love mp monster sales, I don't want to give up half my box just to get one. So I understand that without sales or something like 2x points on monsters sold I won't be getting anything and I'm fine with that.

cw_sasuke

Ehh I would love mp monster sales, I don't want to give up half my box just to get one. So I understand that without sales or something like 2x points on monsters sold I won't be getting anything and I'm fine with that.

You will get something at some point - just not this year xD There are people saving up for months and selling a large portion of their box to afford MP Dragons....would feel like a kick in the nuts if they would have "sales" on them shortly after someone spend 300k on them.

It might be different if they dont update the MP Dragons down the line - so yeah if they are less powerful compared to other leads they can adjust the price...otherwise it sounds like a shitty practice.

I am not even in the market for a MP Dragon still think they have to maintain some kind of stability on the prices.

I'm about to give up on this whole challenge dungeon. I'm really not a fan of the "rogue like" mechanic. I usually roll right over level 8 with SS Isis, but I just can't seem to put out enough damage this time.

Jagernaut

I have 307k mp and can't decide what to buy. I'm a light IAP player and have over 1000 days. I don't have the DKalis for Ra Dragon and Odin Dragon is just an expensive sub.

I do have good subs but not perfect teams for Shiva, Yomi, and Neptune dragons. I'm just worried I'll buy one and then they will introduce something better and it will take a long time to get another 300k mp.

Rephin

Is there any way to get an Awoken Isis right now? I'm missing the Cleopatra and I haven't seen her dungeon pop up in months unless I've missed something and it's past a few Technical dungeons I haven't gotten through yet. Kinda frustrating.

smbu2000

Well I had like 80-90k MP points after this last ranking dungeon 10k MP present. I forgot to try again, but my original score was still good enough to rank in the second tier and receive the 10k MP dragon along with 2 piis.
I sold a lot of dupes and useless junk that I had. My berry dragons were still worth 3k each as I got them in the REm a long time ago! All those dupe silvers that I had and dupe golds that were rotting in my box. I also sold Urd #3 and Verdandi #3 as I figured I wouldn't need 3 of them.

Anyway my point is that I got over 300k MP again! Yomi Dragon will be mine once he comes around again in a few days. I'm very excited to be able to get him. He will make my 5x4 farming much easier I addition to being a super simple to activate leader. I was planning on 297ing A.Loki next, but he'll have to wait until Yomi Dragon is done. 10x descends should help me out there.

Is there any way to get an Awoken Isis right now? I'm missing the Cleopatra and I haven't seen her dungeon pop up in months unless I've missed something and it's past a few Technical dungeons I haven't gotten through yet. Kinda frustrating.
Cleopatra is now in the Technical Dungeons along with the others like her. Dragon Knight Sanctuary.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/technical-dungeons.asp

J0dy77

Sopdet is a real fucker. I like the idea of what he's trying to do, as he emphasizes control of your damage, but the majority of Top Tier leaders that can clear the rest of the floor don't have that fine of control, so you end up relying largely on luck.

Finally cleared floor 7. That floor was pure bs. The sopdet mechanic is complete nonsense. I wiped at least 4 times due to getting 11 combos with 6 of it being sky fall. Funny how that never happens when I want it to.

The fact that Ra was turn 3 made it really hard for my norn/shiva dragon team. I wiped once with Osiris at 2% due to orb troll.

May have taken me about 8 total tries but it's finally done and my first full clear of a ten floor dungeon.

Now to focus on skilling sun quan and muse.

Giard

Ah, I didn't notice that. I guess I should clear that last Domain of the War Dragons dungeon. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh man, I wish I knew that sooner.

I'm just gonna be missing a blue jewel, hopefully the evo PAL machine will be generous.

Okamid3n

A few months later after being convinced to not sell my dupe Rodins (I have 3) and I still have never used them. I just never farm so they will always be useless.

I'm still convinced I'll never use them, but I'll keep them because I'm sure they'll release even better MP stuff one day and I'll be glad to sell my useless Rodins then.

Sorry to the people who want them ;_;

Top Bottom