• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

bjork

Small victory compared to most feats in this thread, but I was finally able to clear the highest tier of the weekend dungeon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
D/D or D/B Okuninushi?

Leaning towards D/B for the extra awakenings and it will rid me of this wretched Ancient Blue masks in my box.

Small victory compared to most feats in this thread, but I was finally able to clear the highest tier of the weekend dungeon.
Everybody got their own personal milestones to celebrate, congrats especially since the hardest difficulty was only added this past year. Getting that much closer to endgame!

Speaking of endgame, I've got one more dungeon to clear before polishing off this monster of a descended challenge. What kind of bullcrap do I have to look forward to in Scarlet?
A2rtIyH.jpg

Dandte

I made My 8 Rolls, thoughts please :) atm i'm kinda sad because i didn't pulled dkali, isis or dmeta.

1661 5* Nut
0138 5* Amaterasu
0496 5* Ra
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe)
1757 5* Purple Grimoire, Goetia
2442 6* Blue Dragonbound, Ryune
0236 5* Shiva

I made My 8 Rolls, thoughts please :) atm i'm kinda sad because i didn't pulled dkali, isis or dmeta.

1661 5* Nut good
0138 5* Amaterasu great endgame sub
0496 5* Ra one of the best endgame leaders
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe) great to have multiples
2442 6* Blue Dragonbound, Ryune one of the best endgame leaders
0236 5* Shiva one of the best endgame leaders

you did good

Easy money, easy life.

What kind of bullcrap do I have to look forward to in Scarlet?
Sometimes DQ hera comes to gives you pat on the back.

1661 5* Nut
0138 5* Amaterasu
0496 5* Ra
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe)
2442 6* Blue Dragonbound, Ryune
0236 5* Shiva

Ryune is kinda cool. Amaterasu can be pretty fun in no RCV dungeons. Nut can be skilled up right now. Goetia warming up for box cheerleader. Too bad on the no dkali or isis but you got some cool stuff regardless.

divusrex

I don't know if it's taboo to refer to reddit, but someone made a thread about an unlisted Black Friday deal Target has.

$25 Play Store credit for $15, and I was able to get 2 cards before the employee took down the old sign. It's time to empty your wallet

Scored a latent HP+ tamadra in the Hera Ur dungeon, and had Hera drop as well which was nice.

What is the best type of unit to add the latent tamadra too? A lower hitpoint creature or something like Blonia? Or hold on to it until I have a really good card? Suggestions?

Negator

I don't know if it's taboo to refer to reddit, but someone made a thread about an unlisted Black Friday deal Target has.

$25 Play Store credit for $15, and I was able to get 2 cards before the employee took down the old sign. It's time to empty your wallet

I went to a local target and had no luck. Sucks. I always have bad luck with Target.

Scored a latent HP+ tamadra in the Hera Ur dungeon, and had Hera drop as well which was nice.

What is the best type of unit to add the latent tamadra too? A lower hitpoint creature or something like Blonia? Or hold on to it until I have a really good card? Suggestions?

Since they're %-based you typically want to give it to a unit that has best-in-class ratings for that stat. Assuming the monster doesn't already want a "better" latent like time extend or slow resist, anyways.

Epic Drop

You're amazing. My local target (Menomonee falls) had 74 in stock. I wanted to buy every one, but I restrained myself and only bought six. I wasn't planning on rolling in the pc godfest but now I guess I'll roll a 40% off pack!

To anyone else that tries, just make 100% certain that you get the right upc or else it won't work. Initially the target employee grabbed the wrong upc when he went in back to get them for me because they all look the same.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Beat my first descends this week. Zheng Fei twice (no drop though) and Hera-Ur twice today, who dropped.

Need to get me dat Sphinx tho

D/b is considered better I think. Most teams prefer it to the dd one.
Thanks, think I'm gonna go through with it.

smbu2000

So I decided to raid the box on my iPad as well and I was able to go from 80k MP all the way up to 300k! I sold off dupes like my 2 extra LMetas and my extra Grodin, dupe golds like my extra Andromedas and a lot of useless silvers except for ones I wanted to keep like the (FoTN characters.) I thought I might have to sell my Skuld as well (50k!), but luckily I didn't have to.

Well now I have my 300k and I'm going to pick up Yomi Dragon for it as well. It will make a great pairing with the one I'm getting on my main iPhone account and I already have okay subs for it. I'm very happy right now to get Yomi Dragon on both of my accounts. My next 297 project since I hypered the Saria I picked up awhile back.

Looking forward to the upcoming GF since I'm not pulling on the Sunday REM anymore. I've gotten all of the golds except for Inuyasha on my iPhone and I've pulled Inuyasha and Recca on my iPad. I'm satisfied. Just need to finish skilling them up.

Negator

Just in case anyone sees that Target deal and they have more than you're willing to buy, I'll totally buy up to 8 of them from you and Paypal you.

LuffyZoro

I just realized that I have a near ideal Yomi Dragon team.

YomiDra/Haku/Okuni/Pandora/D.Meta

Only real improvement would be to replace D.Meta with Akechi if I got him. But I also don't know if I'm willing to commit to selling enough stuff to actually get 300,000 MP.

jay23

Apparently I can clear level 8 but not 7 in this challenge set.

You will get something at some point - just not this year xD There are people saving up for months and selling a large portion of their box to afford MP Dragons....would feel like a kick in the nuts if they would have "sales" on them shortly after someone spend 300k on them.

It might be different if they dont update the MP Dragons down the line - so yeah if they are less powerful compared to other leads they can adjust the price...otherwise it sounds like a shitty practice.

I am not even in the market for a MP Dragon still think they have to maintain some kind of stability on the prices.

You see I don't even feel bad for the people who sell a huge portion of their box lol. That's their decision to make such a huge investment. I enjoy having options and using different leads to keep the game fresh so I probably would never do it.

I'm sure theres some people who bought Shiva dragon then regretted their purchase when yomi or ra dragon were revealed. There's always going to be better options in the future, it's the nature of this game.

Doesn't even matter right now since this is all speculation, and for all we know mp monsters will always be 300k points no matter what. It's definitely the fairest way to do it.

Looks like i have once again good leads but i'm missing the subs to Build a good team >.<

Link your padherder and we can help you come up with your best team. Shiva/2xcao cao is a good starting point.

yami4ct

Pulls so far

Ama (Dupe, meh)
Sun Quan (Cool. I've always wanted one!)
Salamander (haha, MP)
Gabriel (Oh, hell. This is like my 5th of her. Why RNG? Why?)

Will get at least 1 more pull. No Haku, Genbu or Verdandi so far is a massive bummer.

razterik

When has this game ever been fair? GungHo screws with early adopters and top edge players all the time, constantly making once hard earned or high value things much easier to obtain. It doesn't bother me much anymore, but let's not pretend that something you worked for won't be handed out to others in six months or a year.

JP PC rolls. First Rodin! Not the Dark Kali I wanted, but he might be useful. Saria and Ama are also new and nice. Sara and Amon representing that water gala.

yami4ct

When has this game ever been fair? GungHo screws with early adopters and top edge players all the time, constantly making once hard earned or high value things much easier to obtain. It doesn't bother me much anymore, but let's not pretend that something you worked for won't be handed out to others in six months or a year.

Devaluation has never really bothered me. As long as GH does a decent job of keeping cards I've invested in relevant, and they do OK at that even if they could do better, than I happy. Got to keep players rolling somehow. I've gotten off of the IAP treadmill now, so if I can put together mostly relevant teams than I'm happy.

coy

I've received 2 of the main subs I was aiming for in Susano and Isis. Susano is one of 3 wood monsters from this weekend (along with Vishnu and Kaede) that I was hoping to pull. Aside from the wood leads I have, he'll slot right into my Sakuya team to fill the green requirement when I go light-based. We all know Isis as a fantastic component to a Ra team. I also got Mori Motonari and a few dupes to sell. Now to wait for tomorrow to roll the rest.

Rixa

Looks like i have once again good leads but i'm missing the subs to Build a good team >.<

Post your box! Maybe we can pull something together.
This. Too bad EU doesnt have Water Carnival now (Scarlet Snake Princess).

My alt pulled twice:
- U&Y, dupe but great for my team :).
- Satsuki, wow great thanks. Max level so insta uevo.
Alt is missin shitton of Tamadras since I dont know EU time tables :(, pad guide wont work there. Could use over 100 Tamadras...

Jackpot for the main \o/. After first pull I didnt care if rest were silver or some junk :).
But they were not junk.

No dupes at all & 2 max leveled units.Now I can plan something around Light units.

jiggle

Didn't want yomi and Isis
Get yomi and Isis lol

Main
Yomi(3rd)
Light grimoire
Dark grimoire
Mitsubishi
Woodbahn

Alt
Sakuya
Kagutsuchi
Isis(dupe)
Okuninushi(dupe)
Light grimoire

Main sucking again
Alt did ok(?)

1 more roll after next free stone

raiot

Damn, i had good luck but Now i dont know what to do. I bought a pack to have enough mp for a Second yomis to get an Arena Team running. Now i rolle da second DKali, a Second Haku, Akechi and I dont know what to do anymore... I could Save my MP for the ra chicken, I have the Perfect Arena Team for him... I could buy a Second yomidragon and have the perfect Team for him or just use Akechi with YomiDragon.
I have to day I dont really like 5 Color playstyle. Hmmmmm :/

Dandte

Post your box! Maybe we can pull something together.

My updated padherder

https://www.padherder.com/user/Dandte/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

I'm rank 121 with a total cost of 136.

Atm i'm switching between a

Gilga | Belial, Uriel, Leilan, Cao Cao | Gilga/Urd
and
GZL | Odin, Dragon Knight, Cloud of Darkness, Juda | Rixas Verdandi Team.

Sometimes i'm using my

Verche | Cao Cao, Sakuya, Anubis, GZL | Masquerade Guest Izanami Team.

I definitely need more good friends, looks like i need to use reddit/fb to find friends *cold shiver*
Alt is missin shitton of Tamadras since I dont know EU time tables :(, pad guide wont work there. Could use over 100 Tamadras..

I'm using the european Version of puzzledragonx, works fine for me :) But i got wrecked by a chibitamadra in my first tamadra run. When i restarted i had around 10-13 tamadras sitting in mox, in my memories they were quite easy to obtain.

bjork

Cleared Aither Desert and Talos's Abyss with my Kushinadahime team, got enough stones for one godfest pull. Liveposting my pull...

here we go...

Beast Rider? I think that's a bad pull, right?

jiggle

Grimrock
Damn u pcgf!

7th Liu bei between main and alt
No more plz lol XD

My updated padherder

https://www.padherder.com/user/Dandte/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

I'm rank 121 with a total cost of 136.

Atm i'm switching between a

Gilga | Belial, Uriel, Leilan, Cao Cao | Gilga/Urd
and
GZL | Odin, Dragon Knight, Cloud of Darkness, Juda | Rixas Verdandi Team.

Sometimes i'm using my

Verche | Cao Cao, Sakuya, Anubis, GZL | Masquerade Guest Izanami Team.

I definitely need more good friends, looks like i need to use reddit/fb to find friends *cold shiver*

I'm using the european Version of puzzledragonx, works fine for me :) But i got wrecked by a chibitamadra in my first tamadra run. When i restarted i had around 10-13 tamadras sitting in mox, in my memories they were quite easy to obtain.
Shiva leading the two cow cows will be pretty awesome!
Orb chang
delays
And all the DP you`d ever want

Kwhit10

Wtf 5 pulls and 0 gods from the fest.

green dragon swordsman dupe
Mori montanari
Apocalypse dupe
Berry dragon dupe
Some chump who I sold and forgot already.

Sold all but Mori for a measley 14000mp.

My Rolls this morning:

Grape Dragon (new)
CyberBeast, Markab (new)
Yomi (dupe)
CyberBeast, Alfecca (new)
Bastet (!!!! I've always wanted her since she was super popular when I started. Just need to roll subs)
Water Wizard, Sharon (new)
Holy Knight, Arcline (new, never even heard of this guy)
Verandi (New. Yessssss, my green box was so weak)
Grape Dragon (dupe)
Isis (New, pretty pumped about this one)
Lemon Dragon (dupe)
Amaterasu (new, I've been interested in her since her awoken was released)
CyberBeast, Kakkab (new)

Think I did pretty well. Hoping I can throw together a Bastet team, but my green box was pretty weak. I think Parvati and Michael were my best REM green cards. I feel like I have all the CyberBeasts now. What the hell do I do with those? Might make an Amaterasu team before Bastet since I'm fairly certain I have the subs for it.

Abandond

I pulled:

Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
Water Courier Ruka
Venus
Susano
Kurone
Kushinadahime
Idunn&Idunna

Been a while since I've played, so I'm not sure how good these guys are. On the plus side, they're all firsts for me.

Still trying to work out a team I want to make, I'm looking at a healer team but I'll post my padherder here soon (hopefully, it's kind of a PITA to fill up, lol).

Jagernaut

I bought the 5 stones for $1 and had saved enough stones to make 7 pulls

Radious - crap
Akechi - excellent, combos well with Haku
Hades - my first, not that relevant these days
Dragon Samurai - meh, might use for something
Verdandi - my 3rd, haven't even used the 2nd
Kagutsuchi - good
Phoenix Rider - great dmg reducer for A. Shiva

Decent pulls overall but still no Kali's.

Dandte

Grimrock
Damn u pcgf!

7th Liu bei between main and alt
No more plz lol XD

Shiva leading the two cow cows will be pretty awesome!
Orb chang
delays
And all the DP you`d ever want
I'm using awoken Shiva for My Quention.

Why is a 1.5 stat Multiply better than a safe 3xatk? Awoken Shiva has also a 3xatk but it is much harder to activate and risky while gilgamesh f.e. Activates his leader skill Most of the Time. Sorry, if this is a noobie question, but i want to learn how to use mechanics etc. :)

Ducarmel

Why is a 1.5 stat Multiply better than a safe 3xatk? Awoken Shiva has also a 3xatk but it is much harder to activate and risky while gilgamesh f.e. Activates his leader skill Most of the Time. Sorry, if this is a noobie question, but i want to learn how to use mechanics etc. :)

Team composition and awakenings make Awoken Shiva teams 100X better the Gilgamesh. If you read shiva description a bit better he is 3x atk leader but also gives red attribute 1.5atk, for a total of 20.25x atk when you activate his full potential. Plus the extra multipliers with tpa you can get 45x atk damage from Shiva, and Cao Cao if you activate the tpa.

2 awoken Shiva's give you 4 time extension awakenings so that is 2 extra seconds to move orbs, enough time to match 4 red orbs and get 6 combos.

2 RG Cao Cao, Awoken Leilan and Laila is the best team you can make it should be good enough to clear 90% of the game.

Quantum

in the mid to late game the damage you require increases significantly.

- gilgamesh is a 3x lead - it maxes out at 9x if you use two leads
- A.Shiva is 1.5 x 3 x 3 x 1.5 for an activation with six matches. (20.25x)
- while six combos seems like a lot - it really isn't and the activation rate is very high.

for Gilgamesh a 3x over 50% activates initially - with a single hit you can be out of the range to do ANY damage multiplier and get crushed.

Next - look at A.Shiva - the 1.5x RCV makes it easier to heal (something that was difficult for red teams previous to the RCV multiplier)
Next - look at A.Shiva with both dual time extend awakenings, dual TPA and dual skill boosts - if you have two A.Shiva leads you have an extra 2 seconds to make matches, the rest of your team is ready 4 turns faster and you can customize your damage to include TPA (matches of four) to further increase your multiplier.

- Rolled 3x

- Sharon - Troll gold
- Mistrain - Silver useless
- Satsuki - Third one - I guess MP food.

over all not happy at all.

I pulled four times on my second account and got:

Shiva
Susano
Neptune
Sleeping Beauty

I had no good fire cards so Shiva is fantastic. Susano will go perfectly with my developing Bastet/Liu Bei/Meimei team.

I've had a stashed flampy in my box for weeks waiting for a good fire attribute to put it toward. I should wait on Shiva, right?

Quantum

I pulled four times on my second account and got:

Shiva
Susano
Neptune
Sleeping Beauty

I had no good fire cards so Shiva is fantastic. Susano will go perfectly with my developing Bastet/Liu Bei/Meimei team.

I've had a stashed flampy in my box for weeks waiting for a good fire attribute to put it toward. I should wait on Shiva, right?

I'm a big A.Shiva fan - and the only way to skill it is flampy's so, in my biased opinion - probably.

A.shivas active isn't going to change the results of a dungeon as much as making sure your team is skilled - and thinking about it you should look at your team and prioritize orb changers I think.

(use flampy on A.Hino before A.Shiva - I think I hypered shiva first to gain friends though)

Giard

Rolled twice because I want to roll a lot for Fist of the North Star.

Sakuya
Idunn&Idunna

Pretty happy, Idunn&Idunna could fit in with my Lakshmi team...

A.Lakshmi / A. Isis / Andromeda / Amberjack / Blodin / A. Lakshmi

Not sure who I'd replace though.

Did 10 pulls and got jack shit as expected.

Dupe Shiva
Dupe Yomi
two dupe Ras (already rolled 4 of these before this)
3rd Haku
Yukimura
Some troll golds I can't even remember

All of those dupes despite only having 9 of the featured gods. Could get 2 more rolls before godfest ends, but I doubt I'll bother. I literally can't remember the last time I've had an ok godfest, much less a good one.

Jagernaut

Rolled twice because I want to roll a lot for Fist of the North Star.

Sakuya
Idunn&Idunna

Pretty happy, Idunn&Idunna could fit in with my Lakshmi team...

A.Lakshmi / A. Isis / Andromeda / Amberjack / Blodin / A. Lakshmi

Not sure who I'd replace though.

If the dungeon doesn't have binds, drop Isis. I would also think about replacing Blodin with a quick orb changer.

Top Bottom