• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I'm a big A.Shiva fan - and the only way to skill it is flampy's so, in my biased opinion - probably.

A.shivas active isn't going to change the results of a dungeon as much as making sure your team is skilled - and thinking about it you should look at your team and prioritize orb changers I think.

(use flampy on A.Hino before A.Shiva - I think I hypered shiva first to gain friends though)

What everyone said about shiva
He's great!

His active is really useful too

Good to know. I'll probably need some help on making teams on my second account. I'll post who I have later. Anyway, rolled on my main account and got:

Water Swordsman
Amaterasu
Snow White dupe
L. Kali (!!!!!!!!)

#blessed

Ducarmel

Rolled twice because I want to roll a lot for Fist of the North Star.

Sakuya
Idunn&Idunna

Pretty happy, Idunn&Idunna could fit in with my Lakshmi team...

A.Lakshmi / A. Isis / Andromeda / Amberjack / Blodin / A. Lakshmi

Not sure who I'd replace though.

I&I/Ryune teams are stronger than Lakshmi teams. If you like blue mono teams you should look into that.

some youtube vid examples
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=覚醒イズン&イズーナ+還爪の青龍契士・リューネ

Kyuur

Rolled 5x:

Okuninushi (no good leaders to utilize him)
Water Dragon Knight (likely to never use but bind clear could be situational, so saving)
Amaterasu! (now I just need subs, only have Arcline and regular Valk)
Undine (MP fodder)
Beast Rider (pretty okay for Urd, on-color, SBR and 2 TPA, replacing Chester would bring me down to 60%, hmm)

Overall I'm okay but not overly happy. Ammy is great but I need subs for her. Water hit twice and didn't get me anyone I wanted (I&I, U&Y, Famiel). The non-GF non-carnival pull was okay though!

Cleared Aither Desert and Talos's Abyss with my Kushinadahime team, got enough stones for one godfest pull. Liveposting my pull...

here we go...

Beast Rider? I think that's a bad pull, right?

See above, he's not that bad!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I went HAM.

#1 Purple Grimoire, Goetia
#2 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
#3 Lakshmi
#4 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei +
#5 Shiva +
#6 Ra
#7 Liu Bei
#8 Water Wizard, Sharon
#9 Dark Angel, Metatron
#10 Kano
#11 Okuninushi (dupe)
#12 Mori Motonari
#13 Okuninushi (dupe)
#14 Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik
#15 Green Sky Fruit, Melon Dragon
#16 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
#17 Amon + (dupe)
#18 Sarasvati +

I ain't even mad.

7gxoMDp.jpg
Kali / Phoenix Rider / Susanoo are new, and pretty much redeemed the event for me, rest are MP fodder or dupes

Kyuur

Angel/Reaper schedule is on PDX. Does anyone know if its actually running right now? I wasn't aware latents could be going at the same time. I might try and pick Elia up if its on.

Rixa

I went HAM.
I ain't even mad.
Holy shit, so many awesome units there. Great pulls, grats!

A.Lakshmi team needed 2 tries for this. First try was my own fault. Had skills ready at floor 5 and decided to use A.Orochi delay... Yeah no. Didnt notice that shield. 2nd Try went smoothly. I was preparing to use 5 turns for boss. Well I ohkoed it.

Pulled 3 times so far.

Kopis
Satsuki!
Sarasvati

Started with a lame troll gold but then was instantly redeemed with Satsuki. Should be a great addition to my Yomi team. She was one of my most wanted so I'm pretty pumped.

Sarasvati is nice as well. Not sure where I'll use her though.

J0dy77

Pulled 5 times, need one more gem for final pull.

Susano - dupe
Pandora - awesome
Dill sirus- dupe and terrible
Vishnu- new
Laksmhi - new

Not the best set of pulls but im happy with it. Could have been much worse. Real excited about Pandora, I have a feeling her awakening is going to be amazing.

Ducarmel

Box Check-in: https://www.padherder.com/user/divu...2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Pulled 11 times, got 10 golds and 1 silver. My pulls are probably considered pretty decent (I'm not too sure though):

Tips on what to keep and what to sell would be appreciated!

Sell Shaitan, no use in having 2, keep the rest.

Bastet and Yomi out classes Awoken Amaterasu, So i would focus on one of those as an end game leader. I would choose Bastet. you will probably find more Bastet freinds and Yomi sub pull option is limited compared to Bastet.

For now

Bastet / Kaede / Sasuke / Zidane / Susano / Bastet Friend. Should be good enough. Farmable options if you need are Chulainn, Zeal, Bamboo, and Armadel.

Ideal subs you want are Vishnuu, Mei Mei and Verdandi.

edit:

For normal farming I would say Saria is a pretty easy every day farm team. You would need to make friends with Awoken Thor users and other Saria users. You dont have a lot of options right now.

Saria / Valk / Verche, Ariel / Awoken Ama / Thor or Saria Friend

Future subs to look out for Saria team, Another Saria, Ilm, Apollo, DQXQ

Box Check-in: https://www.padherder.com/user/divu...2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Pulled 11 times, got 10 golds and 1 silver. My pulls are probably considered pretty decent (I'm not too sure though):

Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
Yomi
Indra
Bastet
Susano
Orange Dragonbound, Saria
Evil Knight, Creuse
Water Dragon Knight
Neptune
Shaitan (dupe)
Ganesha

Tips on what to keep and what to sell would be appreciated!
Those pulls are excellent. Particularly the first 6. Yomi, Bastet, and Saria are all great endgame leaders. Meanwhile Satsuki, Susano, and Indra are great subs on those teams respectively.

The last 5 arent amazing, but with those first 6 rolls you did very well.

Epic Drop

I'm glad the pack I bought was with my 40% off target Google play credit, because these were honestly the worst rolls I've ever had in my two years of playing this game. Outside of the yellow dragonbound, it was 100% dupes and troll silvers and I didn't roll a single pcgf featured god. I really enjoy this game, but I think my days of IAP to roll the rem are over. Time to focus on + egging.

divusrex

Sell Shaitan, no use in having 2, keep the rest.

Bastet and Yomi out classes Awoken Amaterasu, So i would focus on one of those as an end game leader. I would choose Bastet. you will probably find more Bastet freinds and Yomi sub pull option is limited compared to Bastet.

For now

Bastet / Kaede / Sasuke / Zidane / Susano / Bastet Friend. Should be good enough. Farmable options if you need are Chulainn, Zeal, Bamboo, and Armadel.

Ideal subs you want are Vishnuu, Mei Mei and Verdandi.

edit:

For normal farming I would say Saria is a pretty easy every day farm team. You would need to make friends with Awoken Thor users and other Saria users. You dont have a lot of options right now.

Saria / Valk / Verche, Ariel / Awoken Ama / Thor or Saria Friend

Future subs to look out for Saria team, Another Saria, Ilm, Apollo, DQXQ

Yea, I figured selling Shaitan would be the best option. Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely start on my farm and grind fest to get all of these cards leveled up. I'll be keeping an eye out for some of those cards you listed as well, so I can properly cash in my stones when I need to.

Those pulls are excellent. Particularly the first 6. Yomi, Bastet, and Saria are all great endgame leaders. Meanwhile Satsuki, Susano, and Indra are great subs on those teams respectively.

The last 5 arent amazing, but with those first 6 rolls you did very well.

Good to know! I wasn't too sure about the last 5 either, their skills didn't seem to stand out to me at all.

I've got a question on who to plus egg. I've been saving a bunch for the past month and figured I'd make a decision after PCGF, since I don't plan on rolling again for a long time.

Currently, I run the following teams:

Urd/Gadius/Beast Rider/Chiyome/Echidna - Farming, hoping to clear KoG soon with this team, cleared some easier descends. Might switch to a Gadius team at some point for harder content.

Typhon/akechi/akechi/satsuki/flex - Needs levels and skill-ups, and need to settle on the last sub, but I like the way he plays.

I've also rolled Bastet, Verd, and Parvati, though I don't know if I have the subs to run either as a lead. I also have DKali, Yomi, Sakuya, LMeta, and Amaterasu as potential candidates, though I haven't used any of them yet.

I probably have enough eggs to max one monster. Urd is already at like +114, but I'm not sure if +297 her is the best use of my eggs. My Padherder is here: https://www.padherder.com/user/dr_lawyercop/monsters/
It's updated, but might not have all my monsters levels just right.

Also, should I work on a light healer team or nah? I've got Amaterasu, LMeta, and LZL for potential leads. If you see any teams in my box let me know. I think there's a good Sakuya or Yomi team in there, but I don't think I have the skill for Sakuya at the moment and I hear Yomi is a difficult lead (and I don't know if I have the subs).

Ducarmel

Also, should I work on a light healer team or nah? I've got Amaterasu, LMeta, and LZL for potential leads. If you see any teams in my box let me know. I think there's a good Sakuya or Yomi team in there, but I don't think I have the skill for Sakuya at the moment and I hear Yomi is a difficult lead (and I don't know if I have the subs).
I say build the Sakuya team

Sakuya, Dkali, Awoken Isis, that alone gives you an unbindable team that is available to activate the board. Add Awoken Yomi, and free Chocobo. That is already a better team then what you are working on.

You have a team that is skill bind resist proof and time awakenings will give you 4 extra seconds to move orbs.

In the future look out for Susano to replace Isis. L Kali to replace Chocobo.

ZeroAKA

6 rolls:

Indra
Cao Cao
Satsuki
Ra (dupe)
Strawberry Dragon (sold)
Dark Dragon Swordsman

Nothing I really wanted, but not bad so far. I still have 9 more rolls left.

hermit7

One roll today... Venus. Pretty useless as a dupe considering I have a max skill a.venus that sits in my box a lot. Will probably sell for mp.

Will probably do 4 tomorrow.

bjork

My secondary account had one roll, got Sun Dragon Caller, Kana. Seems like that account gets lucky on single pulls way more than my main one, heh.

donjezzy

had 15 rolls. I had seven that were either trash or dupes. but I did have the luck to roll a L.kali, Sakuya and a Ra. I sold a lot of my Light cards for Yomi Dragon so it might be a while before I can make a team that can use those leaders. most of my good cards are dark based.

zoku88

Did 4 rolls so far:

Dupe Amaterasu: I'll probably sell. Attackerasu isn't really appealing to me and she's difficult to skill up anyway.

Sarasvati: I think I have pretty good subs for her

Saria: It looks like she is good paired with Awoken Thor?

Kanna: I'll probably switch out chibi valk for Kanna if I think i need even more power on my A.Ra team. Seems like she's good for grinding as well.

Negator

So I just realized I rolled a Kanna and have two Apocalypse and a Saria. Hmm....

Oh, Saria isn't a god type. RIP. Maybe Satsuki would work.

bjork

Just unlocked Mechdragons' Massive Fortress and Forbidden Tower, in the technicals. Looks like it might be awhile til I can tackle those.

Water Dragon Swordsman. Sold for mp
Gamble Mage. Sold for MP
Beast Rider
Hermes
Sarasvati

Still looking for a good endgame lead. :(

Max levelled my Attackaratsu though.

Abandond

Hey guys, so I managed to get the majority of my monsters into PADherder. I'll be spending some time now putting in all of my evo mats and the +s.

Would anyone be able to recommend me some teams I can make?

I was originally working on my Horus team but I'm not playing too hot right now to use him effectively, I also wouldn't mind having a second team to mess around with.

Teams aside, is there anything else I should be working on?

I've been running Burning Hell to get some nagas for skill ups but I haven't gotten a single drop yet, heh.

Here's the link:
https://www.padherder.com/user/Abandond/

Also, which of these should I get rid of? I wouldn't mind some more space, heh.

Tobe

rolled twice, got Amon and bastet#2. meh well tbh ive got both kalis blue and red sonia, 2 dtrons, 1 ltron. and i havent iaped in almost 1.8 years.

razterik

Angel/Reaper schedule is on PDX. Does anyone know if its actually running right now? I wasn't aware latents could be going at the same time. I might try and pick Elia up if its on.

They start tomorrow when the next event rolls in. The top left box is dated 11/30 and the time is when the clock rolls over for PAD tonight. Can't have two different invades running at same time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know how some special dungeons reappear every few weeks/months and are just there to give you a free gift every so often?

Well Gift from Heaven is back tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it will still give me a magic stone when I do it. I could potentially get another roll in the PCGF if so lol

You know how some special dungeons reappear every few weeks/months and are just there to give you a free gift every so often?

Well Gift from Heaven is back tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it will still give me a magic stone when I do it. I could potentially get another roll in the PCGF if so lol
Yeah, you'll get another stone for completing it. Unless Gungho messes up with the dungeon ID again (and then we might get more stones for compensation!)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
New player, just rolled myself into a sakuya. Bought the $1 5 stone thing as well and rolled a yomi. I have no idea what I'm doing right now but just going to do as many normal dungeons as possible to get some more stones for rolling this thing.

New player, just rolled myself into a sakuya. Bought the $1 5 stone thing as well and rolled a yomi. I have no idea what I'm doing right now but just going to do as many normal dungeons as possible to get some more stones for rolling this thing.

Well alrighty then, off to a good start I see. It'll be a little tough starting off but if you can endure that you're later prospects look to be good.

LuffyZoro

So I just rolled the last piece I needed for an ideal (I believe) Yomi Dragon team (YomiDra/Haku/Pandora/Akechi/Okuni). I'm just arguing with myself whether it's actually worth selling a large chunk of my box.

hermit7

Made an other pull...got a blueberry dragon...i guess it's safe to sell him right?

And from what i read it looks like i should roll with a shiva lead and double cao cao

+ leilan and (..insert sub here..)

Laila was mentioned, but is she better than uriel f.e.?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Dandte/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxatt,0

I also looked into the us version of pad...so much more to do O.O

Uriel is OK. His issue is he is more for rows than anything. He does bring really good rcv though which you may need. And as an orb changer he definitely has use.

coy

Amongst the sea of dupes, I rolled R.Valk then B.Valk which was a pleasant surprise. Also got Vishnu who will be hypered ASAP. With the earlier Susano pull, I only need Kaede to finish the trifecta of woods I wanted. Another L.Kali is appreciated as is another Verdandi. If I am able to roll Satsuki, Kaede, or Ryune, I will be extremely pleased. This PCGF has been a success I would say.

razterik

Damn, i had good luck but Now i dont know what to do. I bought a pack to have enough mp for a Second yomis to get an Arena Team running. Now i rolle da second DKali, a Second Haku, Akechi and I dont know what to do anymore... I could Save my MP for the ra chicken, I have the Perfect Arena Team for him... I could buy a Second yomidragon and have the perfect Team for him or just use Akechi with YomiDragon.
I have to day I dont really like 5 Color playstyle. Hmmmmm :/

If it makes any difference, I decided to wait on buying a second YomiDra. Akechi is close enough that I don't feel the extra 300k MP purchase is warranted, especially since I would be using the team mostly for Arena. I can easily see some other future sub being an equal or better option in that slot, with Castor being an indication of where darks are heading. Besides, this team is still a future project until NA rolls out resist invades and YomiDra might cycle back through before then, so I can change my decision at that point.

Can't speak for if RaDra is a better choice for you. I'm fairly certain his team is more reliable in Arena and a little more flexible outside it, but if you don't like the playstyle then I think you already decided. You can try to sample the team using A.Ra pairing with RaDra in Endless and matching full multiplier.

I'm saving my MP reserves for now and waiting for the next MP set or a very appealing MP special card.

So I just rolled the last piece I needed for an ideal (I believe) Yomi Dragon team (YomiDra/Haku/Pandora/Akechi/Okuni). I'm just arguing with myself whether it's actually worth selling a large chunk of my box.

That team will tear through most dungeons and you can always drop Pandora for farmable Dark Izanami should you need the shield option or to run Arena. Like most teams, it doesn't really shine until fully maxed out, so be prepared for that effort.

As for selling off boxes, I will say that it depends on what type of player you are. If you like having all the team options and enjoy completionism, then it may not be worthwhile. But if you want shear power to beat dungeons now and don't mind sacrificing some future possibilities on cards you probably don't or won't use, then buying an MP dragon is the way to go. I will say that 95% of my box that I dedicated time to evolving and skilling up largely sits as trophies since I started running MP dragons and their limited subs.

Quantum

rolled twice, got Amon and bastet#2. meh well tbh ive got both kalis blue and red sonia, 2 dtrons, 1 ltron. and i havent iaped in almost 1.8 years.

As much as I want to IAP (Last time was summer REM/bikinitron) I have to give credit to gungho to not really require you to keep IAPing, and that some of my older leads are still viable. Dont think I can go 1.8 years though.

eBay selling $100 iTunes codes for $80. E-mail delivery

I've been collecting these at a discount for months - might start buying some tv shows.

LuffyZoro

That team will tear through most dungeons and you can always drop Pandora for farmable Dark Izanami should you need the shield option or to run Arena. Like most teams, it doesn't really shine until fully maxed out, so be prepared for that effort.

As for selling off boxes, I will say that it depends on what type of player you are. If you like having all the team options and enjoy completionism, then it may not be worthwhile. But if you want shear power to beat dungeons now and don't mind sacrificing some future possibilities on cards you probably don't or won't use, then buying an MP dragon is the way to go. I will say that 95% of my box that I dedicated time to evolving and skilling up largely sits as trophies since I started running MP dragons and their limited subs.

I did it.

Once I got over the psychological barrier, it was very freeing to sell things away. Plus it's nice to have extra box space now.

yami4ct

1 more pull on US godfest

Orochi

Not bad. Not top on my list, but given his Awoken I can't really complain. Water box is absolutely stacked at this point. I might be able to make a better Skuld farm squad than my Urd one now.

2 pulls on JP:
Kirn (3rd, straight to MP)
Sarasvati (Dupe)

No reason to keep a dupe Sara, right? Haven't dumped her to MP yet, but definitely pushing that way.

new Descended Challenge

Dungeons & Rewards:
Phantom Dragon King-Special (Legend Plus)... TAMADRA (HP +50)
Knight Dragon King-Special (Legend Plus)... TAMADRA (ATK +50)
Land of the Rising Sun (Legend Plus)... TAMADRA (RCV +50)
Hall of the Divine King (Mythical)... Jewel of Dark
Eternal Dragon (Mythical)... Jewel of Light
Mei Zhou Lang (Mythical)... Jewel of Water
Leonine King (Mythical)... Jewel of Fire
Hedonistic Demon (Mythical)... Jewel of Wood
Moonlight Princess (Legend)... TAMADRA (HP +3, ATK +3, RCV +3)
General Yan (Legend)... Queen Gold Dragon
The Lady General (Legend)... Queen Metal Dragon
Dark Knight (Legend)... 2,000 Pal Points
Corpse Wyrm (Legend)... 2,000,000 Coins

+50 Tamas for Legend Plus huh

Top Bottom