• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Yeah I saw that earlier.

Anyone run land of the rising sun yet? What yes are you using? Same kind of for Nordis. I saw a shiva team tackle that and it looked doable.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
After a few hours of grinding normal dungeons I think reaching 30 stam before that experience dungeon goes away probably won't happen. At any rate, pulled a few more times with the stones I got from the normal dungeon clears and now have cao cao, shiva, sakuya, ra, and yomi. Who should I focus on first for the early game?

yami4ct

After a few hours of grinding normal dungeons I think reaching 30 stam before that experience dungeon goes away probably won't happen. At any rate, pulled a few more times with the stones I got from the normal dungeon clears and now have cao cao, shiva, sakuya, ra, and yomi. Who should I focus on first for the early game?

What'd you start with? Ra, Sakuya, Yomi and Shiva are good leaders that can clear tons of end game content. Yomi and Ra are a bit more sub dependent, so I wouldn't push you in their directions. You have a good start with Shiva and Cao Cao, but Sakuya might do better for longer especially if you pull a Kali.

I would say go with a Shiva fire team with Cao Cao as a sub for now and switch to Kirin if you pull out a Kali.

So evolved Uighur only drops from the 50 stam version of FotNS dungeon? And only a 70% chance of it dropping since Yuria TAMA drops at 30% rates? ~71 stam/skillup attempt (!)

Yeah, not going to bother skilling Wee Jas then - not worth it when I have a bunch of other skill bind clear options :lol

No continue Yamato rush sounds awfully tough.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What'd you start with? Ra, Sakuya, Yomi and Shiva are good leaders that can clear tons of end game content. Yomi and Ra are a bit more sub dependent, so I wouldn't push you in their directions. You have a good start with Shiva and Cao Cao, but Sakuya might do better for longer especially if you pull a Kali.

I would say go with a Shiva fire team with Cao Cao as a sub for now and switch to Kirin if you pull out a Kali.
Started with Sakuya, made the account like 5 hours ago lol.

Thanks for the recommendation. Still don't have enough team capacity to fit both Shiva and Cao Cao in but will do that when I can.

yami4ct

Started with Sakuya, made the account like 5 hours ago lol.

Thanks for the recommendation. Still don't have enough team capacity to fit both Shiva and Cao Cao in but will do that when I can.

Ok, cool. You've got a great starting lineup. Shiva is the best fire lead in the game right now and Cao Cao the best fire sub.

For future rolling, you're going to want to look for other key fire subs. You'll want a full board change, Leilan and Urd will be your best options there. Red Sonia and Gadius aren't ideal, but would work.

You also will probably want at least 1 other orb changer. Yamato, another Cao Cao, R. Valk or the fire ninja ( if you somehow pull them as they are not a card that gets put into Godfests), or Hino Kagutsuchi are all good choices there.

From there, you have a flex option. I personally like to go full offensive with another orb change. My A.Shiva squad is Shiva/R.Valk/Cao Cao/Hino/Urd/Shiva Friend. You could also use this spot to get in a bind clearer, though. In that case go with Ame no Uzume.

To make it simpler, here is what you should aim for G-Fest wise. Godfests are usually made up of 2 days with different normal pantheons and Fest exclusive featured on each day. For what you have, I'd suggest pulling first and foremost on Chinese, Japanese 1.0 and 2.0, and 3 Kingdoms Godfests. Pull Chinese whenever they hit because they are insanely useful all around, but only pull the others when they line up with Kalis (for your Kirin or Ra squads later on) or the Norns (Urd, Verdandi and Skuld. Some of the best board changers in the game). Heroes and Egyptian 2.0 are a good secondary pull choices if you've got good stuff from the others.

J0dy77

Kirin has a very friendly curve that won't kill your team cost early and her awoken is insanely powerful. A lot of her early game teams can be farmed outside of the rem. Kirin x2 with echidna, Valk, and verche was a very capable team for a long time. You can fill in the blue spot with whomever.

Work on shiva as a mono color team backup.

Misery loves company after all

When was the last time skillups rotated in NA? Never really had to pay attention to it until now.
For the ones that rotate, it's usually on a monthly basis. They should be changing again sometime soon.

After feeding away all of my devilits while skilling up Kanna and 2 Lkalis, I have to grind more Sky Prison to skill up my new Satsuki. -_-;

zoku88

God dammit, that's right. Kanna also uses angelits, doesn't she?

That won't be fun.

At least I have like 15 devilits for my Satsuki whenever that rotates in again.

linsivvi

7 Rolls:

Kagutsuchi
Isis
Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
Akechi Mitsuhide
Abyssal CyberDragon, Sadalmelik
Chrono Turtle
Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander

No Kalis but I'll take it.

Wazzy

Banned
Still been slowly playing this and did three (was gonna save in case dbz happens but oh well) pulls which got me archangel Gabriel, haku and Bastet.

I have no ideas on the qualities of these characters, they any good?

Rixa

Few questios to all :)

Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander
^^
Will Warrior Series get any boost. Got few of these (water versions) inbox and wondering should I sell them cause they basically suck very much.

Did few coin dungeons and got 5 stones and pulled Liu Bei. My Verdandi farming team will be almost perfect:
Verdandi / Verdandi / Liu Bei / Vishnu / GZL / f.Verdandi.
PCGF was very good for me. Now back to collecting stones for future dungeons.

Question nr2:
My Padherder account

Newly acquired Kanna, I was thinking I could use LKali & Apocalypse as subs, any other possible subs there. Or better to leave Kanna as dead weight in this point?

Reason Iam asking is mono coloured teams which Iam working:

Wood: Verdandi / Verdandi / Liu Bei (Cao Cao now) / Vishnu / GZL /
Water: A.Lakshmi / Gabriel / Mori Motanoro (Snow White now) / Gabriel / Nut / A.Orochi
Fire: A.Shiva / Cao Cao / A.Hino / Uriel / AWD.Ares
^^ Then Iam waiting Jewels for A.Leilan, should it go to Uriel place or to Ares?

Dark: Many dark units dunno what would make decent team (see padherder).
Light: Kanna / LKali / Apocalypse / ? / ?
Multicolour: LKali / missing / almost / all / subs

Still been slowly playing this and did three (was gonna save in case dbz happens but oh well) pulls which got me archangel Gabriel, haku and Bastet.

I have no ideas on the qualities of these characters, they any good?

Haku and Bastet are good. Haku being a sub on a lot of dark teams and can lead if needed. Bastet is a strong leader for green prong teams.

Few questios to all :)

^^
Will Warrior Series get any boost. Got few of these (water versions) inbox and wondering should I sell them cause they basically suck very much.

Did few coin dungeons and got 5 stones and pulled Liu Bei. My Verdandi farming team will be almost perfect:
Verdandi / Verdandi / Liu Bei / Vishnu / GZL / f.Verdandi.
PCGF was very good for me. Now back to collecting stones for future dungeons.

Question nr2:
My Padherder account

Newly acquired Kanna, I was thinking I could use LKali & Apocalypse as subs, any other possible subs there. Or better to leave Kanna as dead weight in this point?

Warriors getting buffed? They're the modern day Golems so maybe in two years.

If you wanted to lead with Kanna and get both boost? I think the light late boomer and ra Chicken besides apocalypse would fit the bill. If you only wanted the damage from god-types then you got some options like Athena, Apollo, chibi valk, Ariel, Ganesha, Elia, Izanagi(HA!), LZL, L.Kali and so on. And those are just the ones with prongs.

zoku88

I'm tempted to buy a Yuria. I have pretty good subs for her and saw some Arena clears using her.

Then again, I think I have good Shiva Dragon subs as well and I only have 50K MP left for that...

Rixa: You could lead with Saria and use Kanna and Apocalypse as subs.

Rixa

Warriors getting buffed? They're the modern day Golems so maybe in two years.

If you wanted to lead with Kanna and get both boost? I think the light late boomer and ra Chicken besides apocalypse would fit the bill. If you only wanted the damage from god-types then you got some options like Athena, Apollo, chibi valk, Ariel, Ganesha, Elia, Izanagi(HA!), LZL, L.Kali and so on. And those are just the ones with prongs.

Heh, as I expected. Got nice god and no subs to it :). Selling warriors then.

Rixa: You could lead with Saria and use Kanna and Apocalypse as subs.

And I think I will do that. As for S-Rank dungeon, Saria might be nice leader cause I have Tyrra-Bean that does skill every other turn and is 1* rarity. I had 2 them, too bad I tried to skill up. Didnt think that 2 is better than one.

razterik

Five FotNS pulls got Raoh, Reix2, Kenshiro and finally Mamiya. Tried one more since I felt lucky and got Juda. Guess that's a sign not to pursue Yuria.

Kenshiro is basically a wasted gold at this point. Such a sad state for a cool character.

I'm tempted to buy a Yuria. I have pretty good subs for her and saw some Arena clears using her.

Careful not to mistake the ability to clear Arena with the consistency to clear it. Yuria is very powerful, but is HP deficient and susceptible to binds.

zoku88

I was also trying to pull for a Yuria

Got Raoh, Mamiya x 2, Souther and Juda.

I sold Juda right away. Could already tell he was trash.
Careful not to mistake the ability to clear Arena with the consistency to clear it. Yuria is very powerful, but is HP deficient and susceptible to binds.
Yea, that is true. One of the runs I looked at would have failed if DQ Hera showed up. (They did one-hit Kali though, which was cool.)

Another run I looked at had to stall out a full team bind. They almost got taken out :S

bjork

Cleared Blade of Justice and had enough for another roll, but forgot it's still a godfest, so I rolled there instead of FotNS. I got Amaterasu, which dropped at max level. Evolved and will work toward one of the first two ultimates, either light/light or light/fire, not sure which is better.

Also, this gift of a lifetime thing was an Ifrit for me. I already have the fire/fire ultimate version of this, is there any reason to bother making another one in a different form? I don't even use the fire/fire one in any teams. Also still sitting on a Divinegon and a Tiamat because I don't know if they're worth keeping or making into ultimates.

Rixa

Also, this gift of a lifetime thing was an Ifrit for me. I already have the fire/fire ultimate version of this, is there any reason to bother making another one in a different form? I don't even use the fire/fire one in any teams. Also still sitting on a Divinegon and a Tiamat because I don't know if they're worth keeping or making into ultimates.

It should give 3k MP when sold, so better to sell.

Diodiablo

Banned
3 Rolls,

Susano-o (I am 1 green orb short of awoken Meimei/awoken Pharvati, 4 orbs if I want both)
Tatsuki (new, what team does he work in?)
Guivre Chimera (WTF is this? Troll gold? Active is not bad, but healer?)

mAcOdIn

I got Amaterasu, which dropped at max level. Evolved and will work toward one of the first two ultimates, either light/light or light/fire, not sure which is better.
Well her Awoken form is probably the very best as for the other two, it kinda depends.

I lean towards her light/red evolution, dubbed Attackerasu by many people. She makes a pretty good light attacker team with some overlap between a light Athena team which is pretty damn good for farming a lot of content. If you can make a light attacker team that are also Gods you have a team that can pair with another Attackerasu friend leader or an Athena friend leader. The negative aspect for light/red Amaterasu is now that her Awoken's out most people are moving her to her Awoken form and the subs don't overlap between them at all. I know my friend list has something like one Attackerasu up now when there used to be tons. Of course Athena's still up like crazy so there's still lots of viable leaders to pair with at least in my experience. I like pairing Attackerasu with Athena because she really solves the one issue Athena had which was healing.

That said, light/light Amaterasu pairs well with a Green Odin friend or someone with resolve like an Orochi for going through some really tough descends that a 3x attacker team would never survive. The problem with that type of team I find is that it's highly situational and the meta's all but passed it by making it pretty useless for modern descends and frankly I find its playstyle boring and tedious on the descends it does work on with some dungeouns taking upwards of an hour to clear with such a team. I would never go back to such a team myself much like I'd never want to go back to a Lolcifer team.

raiot

@ razterik:
Thanks for your insight!
I decieded to buy the second Yomidragon, I really like his playstyle and I tried with A.RA and what REALLY pisses me off is missing orbs, and it happens a lot to me. So now for the + egg farming....

Rixa

My woodie team made little over 30k points and 70k is for S-Rank. Not going to try S-Ranking this.
Screenshot_2015-11-30-13-00-29.png
Feeding 2nd unit to Wee Jas and prolly keeping boss as dusting souvenir.

bjork

Well her Awoken form is probably the very best as for the other two, it kinda depends.

I lean towards her light/red evolution, dubbed Attackerasu by many people. She makes a pretty good light attacker team with some overlap between a light Athena team which is pretty damn good for farming a lot of content. If you can make a light attacker team that are also Gods you have a team that can pair with another Attackerasu friend leader or an Athena friend leader. The negative aspect for light/red Amaterasu is now that her Awoken's out most people are moving her to her Awoken form and the subs don't overlap between them at all. I know my friend list has something like one Attackerasu up now when there used to be tons. Of course Athena's still up like crazy so there's still lots of viable leaders to pair with at least in my experience. I like pairing Attackerasu with Athena because she really solves the one issue Athena had which was healing.

That said, light/light Amaterasu pairs well with a Green Odin friend or someone with resolve like an Orochi for going through some really tough descends that a 3x attacker team would never survive. The problem with that type of team I find is that it's highly situational and the meta's all but passed it by making it pretty useless for modern descends and frankly I find its playstyle boring and tedious on the descends it does work on with some dungeouns taking upwards of an hour to clear with such a team. I would never go back to such a team myself much like I'd never want to go back to a Lolcifer team.

I wound up going with the light/fire one, because for the awoken form, I don't have the capacity to get the units needed yet. I've got the same situation with Hino Kagutsuchi and the newest form of Kushinadahime. Once/if I can get those guys, I would definitely want to get the stronger forms, for sure. I wonder how that affects awakenings, though... for Amaterasu, the awoken form has more awakenings to unlock, but they're in a slightly different order.

500 days and the stream reward got me 3 more pulls today.

Light cyberdragon (dupe)
Yomi (dupe)
Isis

Not sure how I feel about the cyberdragon. Might be useful for some kind of system team at some point? Yomi I will probably sell. I can't see any need for 2.

Isis is new, but I don't really have a place for her. No ra or radra, but I guess she's a solid fit on a rainbow Kirin team? Seems like too much bind clear, but I suppose her shield and unbindability are pretty useful.

razterik

Good times. I've been trying to sell dudes to buy tamadras, seems like a fair trade for a character I probably won't use anyway.

Ahhhhh, don't do this! Tamadras are so cheap to get with normal stamina, we even get 7 free ones this week. It's never worthwhile to buy this stuff with MP when you can save for MP dragons. If you're playing for any length of time, you'll be glad you saved up for them.

ZombAid82

i pulled 5 times only Dupes and Silver Troll's:
Shaitan(fucking Shaitan)
Ivory Dragon(well, fuck again!)
2, can you believe it, TWO Genie's!!!!
Sold all for MP!

The only good one was Kushi, but as said before Dupe!
Is there any use for a second one?

Edit OT: Hey Rixa, is that your Cat in your avatar? Super Cute

bjork

Ahhhhh, don't do this! Tamadras are so cheap to get with normal stamina, we even get 7 free ones this week. It's never worthwhile to buy this stuff with MP when you can save for MP dragons. If you're playing for any length of time, you'll be glad you saved up for them.

Oh? I've only ever encountered them as part of (I think) dragon infestations and never had one drop, so the only ones I ever have came from freebies. I figured it was the thing to do, for better results with units I can use now.

Bladelaw

Ok so weird reports from the PC godfest.
I had 20 stones saved up, bought 30 more and pulled hard. For some reason my PADherder didn't update this morning but I know I got some decent picks out of the featured monsters.

Kagatsuchi
Cao Cao
Shiva
Indra
Ra (third one...)
Venus
Haku

I got others that weren't part of the event but I can't remember them at the moment.

Here's the weird part: This morning I got a mystery 30 stones. No clue why. The note for the twitch event implied only one stone would be delivered.

I didn't get any Kalis I was hoping for unfortunately for my Ra team but my Urd team got a HUGE shot in the arm with Cao Cao (and possibly Shiva?) allowing me to clear my first 50 stamina dungeon.

Bladelaw

You basically rolled an endgame capable team with Shiva / Kagu / Cao Cao / Urd.

Sweet! So my priorities are much more clear, level up to get enough team cost to afford all of them.

Given this team which Uevo's should I be working toward? My hoard of Evo materials means I can push most of them up a step right now if not for team cost.

Rixa

Since there are alot events going on, I can either today or tomorrow make one pull from PCGF, been so lucky sofar thus expecting to get silver egg.

Edit OT: Hey Rixa, is that your Cat in your avatar? Super Cute

Heh yeah one of my cats, Oriental Longhair called "Elmo".
In spoilers, cat pic (taken few weeks ago) middle between 2 Maine Coons.
PB078187.JPG

Sweet! So my priorities are much more clear, level up to get enough team cost to afford all of them.

Given this team which Uevo's should I be working toward? My hoard of Evo materials means I can push most of them up a step right now if not for team cost.
Awoken Shiva, Awoken Hinokagutsuchi, and R/G Cao Cao is the long term goal for those three. Cao cao should be easy enough, but Shiva and Kagu require some work to get the materials. Phoenix is not easy to find and the rest are from descends. It'll be tough but the result will definitely be worth it.

razterik

Oh man, now this thread is all about cute cats!

Oh? I've only ever encountered them as part of (I think) dragon infestations and never had one drop, so the only ones I ever have came from freebies. I figured it was the thing to do, for better results with units I can use now.

Well, okay, it's not the worst thing you could do, but it is painful to see when the Tamadras in the MP store are horribly overpriced. Basically, a Tamadra is valued at ~50 stamina.

NA server? Have 50 stamina or more? Tomorrow's urgent dungeon selection includes Tamadra Retreat, check PDX or PADGuide later for your scheduled hour. Run the 50 stamina dungeon with your best team, maybe some poison or defense break if you can. Feed the babies and big Tamadras for awakenings, the dark ones for exp. Stone for stamina if you absolutely have to get more awakenings on your team. This urgent dungeon shows up every week and is the easiest way to grab more Tamadras.

Ducarmel

I say it all the time pcgf never works out for me, except the first one when I got Bastet.

JP pulls

Alrescha I do want all of constelation gods so not a bad just missing red and dark.
Sun Wukong, no use for me
Ronia, ronia friends seem to shrink everyday, unless she gets a buff no point in investing
Urd, another red card that i wont use.
Muse, dont need enhance.
light swordsman :(

na pulls

Sharon
kakkab
Haku number 5
Liu Bei
Saria, I think I might just join the Saria army
Red Fairy tale girl
Red Fairy tale girl
Beast Rider
Muse
Liu Bei
pad z crap

Well I can keep my DD Haku and can have an Awoken Haku system if that's a thing.

Liu Bie could replace chu chu on my Bastet, I don't think I need 2.

Look forward to trying out Saria.

But what really killing me now is I needed some dub mythlits on my jp account, 2 or 3. So I used all the free pal points gungho was giving out, I literately got all the mats in the game Jewels, Keepers, etc, but not a Single Dub Mythlit how is that possible!!!!!!!!!!!

ZombAid82

Ok so weird reports from the PC godfest.
I had 20 stones saved up, bought 30 more and pulled hard. For some reason my PADherder didn't update this morning but I know I got some decent picks out of the featured monsters.

Kagatsuchi
Cao Cao
Shiva
Indra
Ra (third one...)
Venus
Haku

I got others that weren't part of the event but I can't remember them at the moment.

Here's the weird part: This morning I got a mystery 30 stones. No clue why. The note for the twitch event implied only one stone would be delivered.

I didn't get any Kalis I was hoping for unfortunately for my Ra team but my Urd team got a HUGE shot in the arm with Cao Cao (and possibly Shiva?) allowing me to clear my first 50 stamina dungeon.

I would have killed for one of these pull's

Ra Dragon is so crazy. Just completely tore up Land of the Rising Sun. Got skyfall trolled hard vs Goemon twice, wasting my Indra active, and still won handily. As lame as these +tamas are as rewards, they're actually super useful for me right now. I think I can probably finish hypermaxing RaDra team by the time this 3x normals event is over. Arena farming here I come.

Meanwhile, FotNS REM trapped me hard. Pulled an embarrassing number of times and got 0 golds. Should have just rolled in the PCGF for MP instead. Oh well, I guess it's a few more latents...

bjork

Well, okay, it's not the worst thing you could do, but it is painful to see when the Tamadras in the MP store are horribly overpriced. Basically, a Tamadra is valued at ~50 stamina.

NA server? Have 50 stamina or more? Tomorrow's urgent dungeon selection includes Tamadra Retreat, check PDX or PADGuide later for your scheduled hour. Run the 50 stamina dungeon with your best team, maybe some poison or defense break if you can. Feed the babies and big Tamadras for awakenings, the dark ones for exp. Stone for stamina if you absolutely have to get more awakenings on your team. This urgent dungeon shows up every week and is the easiest way to grab more Tamadras.

I'll have to keep an eye out and hope for a morning dungeon time. I try and check for dragon infestations but I'm usually in bed by noon, so if I don't remember, I miss all of them for that day.

hermit7

Anyone going to get Yuria via mp?

Pretty easy to activate skill as long as you have the subs, I saw a video in which the user one shot kali in arena through the damage reduction with awoken Thor burst.

Team was Yuria, Thor, dqxq, apocalypse, new l/r GFE who turns boards to light, fire, heart.

I could run this team aside from the new GFE, would have to switch to sun workung but that doesn't seem to be a bad tradeoff.

Ducarmel

I have a decent amount of Yuria subs to make a good team. 2 Sun Wukong, DQXQ, Saria, Apollo, Sakuya for bind clear.

Her and Roah are probably the best collab leader cards we have in NA.

I guess she is worth the mp cost if you don't have a second option, I have to many top tier cards to justify buying her.

NineH

I had a very lucky streak of 19 golds in a row but unfortunately they were mostly dupes for me.

Thanatos troll gold
Sakuya
Kushinadahime
Pandora
Claymore
Rodin
Pandora
Sakuya
Mori Motonari
Lakshmi
Isis
Kushinadahime
Wood Wizard Leeza
Pandora
Shiva
Shiva
Grim Crystal
Neptune
Kushinadahime
Grimrock to end the streak

the only new ones for me were Rodin, Claymore and Mori Motonari so this was a bust for me. I really wanted Cao Cao or a LKali though. I guess this is all MP fodder at this point.

Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I wanted to roll a new gold egg in the FotNS gacha until I ran out of stones so I got

Juda
Rihaku
Shin
Fudo
Rihaku
Mamiya
Juda
Yuria

I am just telling myself all those stones spent were to get a Yuria after 8 rolls of the FotNS gacha.

Top Bottom