• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

Got one more roll thanks to the free stone today

gpkWIJp.jpg

I have some decent water cards now

I'll have to keep an eye out and hope for a morning dungeon time. I try and check for dragon infestations but I'm usually in bed by noon, so if I don't remember, I miss all of them for that day.

Download PadGuide. It will list all the urgent dungeons for the day and can remind you when they start. I'm not ashamed to say I stayed up till midnight last week to run tamadra spotted. Also helps by telling you how much stamina you'll get before an event starts.

PCGF rolls:

Kushinadahime (dupe) - is a dupe Kushi even worth it?
Sarasvati
Saria
Masamune

I was an idiot and blew some stones on the Eva REM that could've been used here.

I can probably grind out another roll by tomorrow.

ccbfan

Very Mixed results with my Rolls. Lots of good rolls that are trolls.

1. Fuma - Not bad, 2nd most wanted ninja after Hanzo.
2. Sakuya - Worst God dupe to have. Maybe it'll win a voting contest again.
3. Liu Bei - Hell yes, one of my most wanted rolls. Makes my Verdandi team useable.
4. Kano - Ehh Dupe, 3000 MP.
5. Bastet - Hell yes, with Liu Bei, this was my most wanted green leader.
6. Gamble Mage - 3000 MP, this may be the worst REM roll in the game.
7. Bastet - Not as excited this time. This maybe be worst God dupe in the game.
8. Nut - Nice, good sub but no blue leader, kinda ironic since I max skilled her skill up monster on Saturday.
9. Orochi - God sub but still no decent Blue Leader.
10. D Kali - Great roll that I don't need. Don't have Ra.
11. Sun Quan - Good dupe to have. With the branching/possible awoken. Plus a partner to skill up for Nut.
12. Nut - No idea what to use the first one for so no idea what to use the 2nd for.
13. Alfecca - Looks like a great water sub. Too bad no water leaders.
14. Vishnu - Hell yes, With Bastet, Liu Bei, Vishu, Verdandi. I went from green being my worst color to being one of my best. To bad Artemis have such terrible synergy with them.

Pretty good rolls but the

Bastet - Liu Beu - Vishu (plus already having Verdandi) combo makes it a great god fest, Plus my blue team is literally waiting to become awesome with a good blue leader.

J0dy77

Anyone see a reason to keep a second Susano? I'm waiting for 10x to completely clear out the old crap in my box. I've been stashing a ton of descended bosses and have a bunch of dupes. Hopefully it gets me close to Shiva Dragon.

Jagernaut

I used my last 5 stones to roll the FotNS REM and got Raoh which is great, only Yuria is a better pull. Now I need to skill him up. How often does his skillup material drop from the final boss?

I don't like skillups that aren't guaranteed drops, I just went 5/27 on Misato (still need 2 more skillups) over the last event and the Misato tama did not drop that much for me (I went 1/10 and 2/10 a few times for the only tama I wanted).

Silent_Z

Is it worth it for me to invest in an Awoken Shiva team if my only red full board changer is Ronia?

A. Shiva doesn't need much in the way of full board changes. Heartbreak and single or double color orb changes are usually enough; I'm running R.Valk/Kagutsuchi/Cao Cao/X on my Shiva squad and it's working fine. Dropped Sonia from that squad a while back as her awakenings don't do much for a TPA-focused team.

One thing with Shiva is that he can actually use Verdandi for a board refresh as well; Urd hits a little harder but Verd still gives a decent board and actually brings more RCV. That is, of course, if you've got a Verdandi.

ZeroAKA

A. Shiva doesn't need much in the way of full board changes. Heartbreak and single or double color orb changes are usually enough; I'm running R.Valk/Kagutsuchi/Cao Cao/X on my Shiva squad and it's working fine. Dropped Sonia from that squad a while back as her awakenings don't do much for a TPA-focused team.

One thing with Shiva is that he can actually use Verdandi for a board refresh as well; Urd hits a little harder but Verd still gives a decent board and actually brings more RCV. That is, of course, if you've got a Verdandi.
As far as worthwhile red subs go, I have Cao Cao, Kagutsuchi, Yamato, Set, and Ares. I didn't even think about using Verdandi.

Ducarmel

Imo I think Ronia is good enough for the job, Urd, and Leilan are better.

Verdandi is an interesting choice but is rcv really that much of a problem to choose Verdandi over Urd for Shiva? I can see that advantage over Ronia because she make hearts.

I used my last 5 stones to roll the FotNS REM and got Raoh which is great, only Yuria is a better pull. .
I think he is pretty good searched for an arena clear and saw this

Freyr/Raoh Scarlet system beating Arena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdngcULq6eA

A more balance team clear with full board changer and bind clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmss6xxKlLw

double Raoh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cKy6ejY-A

yami4ct

I would say you should always be running a full board change on your main team. Eventually, you're going to want to run a dungeon that hits you with a full change like Beelzebub and you 100% need the counter.

As for Ronia being good enough, she definitely works. Urd and Leilan are more ideal because the 3-orb board allows more combos and their Awakenings do more for Shiva, but Ronia is an acceptable substitute.

Silent_Z

Verdandi is an interesting choice but is rcv really that much of a problem to choose Verdandi over Urd for Shiva? I can see that advantage over Ronia because she make hearts.

Not optimal but works in a pinch. The RCV thing is more a "hey, silver lining to a sub-optimal choice" than anything. There are a few other small benefits but not much that would actually make her better than Urd, skill level and + eggs being equal.

Situationally it's not a bad idea for certain dungeons, e.g. Zeus and Hera, where Shiva can have a hard time with Neptune's stage normally but a green-primary card getting 20.25x can do work.

I would say you should always be running a full board change on your main team. Eventually, you're going to want to run a dungeon that hits you with a full change like Beelzebub and you 100% need the counter.

I'd agree 100%, just saying Shiva's pretty capable of dealing with lots of stuff without Urd being a 100% required sub. The "X" in my list of subs is 99% Urd.

razterik

Norns are perfectly fine when off color. My ShivDra teams both use Urd substitutes.

Ronia is also fine for A.Shiva, but brings a little more risk of orb troll. Not that other changers don't have this issue, but Sonia boards are hard to combine with another orb change to fix. And Ronia lacks a skill bind resist so you have to cover it with the other subs.

Kyuur

Just curious, anyone else with a Verdandi squad use A. Orochi as a delay option? I like it quite a bit; his color and TPAs work well when facing off against fire enemies and his active is up in the first couple turns with the number of skill boosts I have.

FZZ

Banned
Been running KotG to get a Dub-Mythlit drop

After about 20 runs, I've only gotten 9 appearances and no drops.

Still gonna keep on trying. The game's RNG is so ridiculous sometimes lol.

bjork

Ran FotNS on the lowest two tiers, I got Uighur. Any reason to keep him? His pose looks like he's trying to stop me from unloading him.

smbu2000

Max skilled Lum and Aladdin on my iPhone. Now I just need UshiTora and Alibaba (1 left on each.)
FINALLY finished off my A.Isis, so she is now hyper. Those ATK eggs took so freaking long to get. Now my A.Ra/Halloween Kali/LKali x2/A.Isis team is all hyper. Yay!

Just bought Yomi Dragon on both of my accounts. Doing decently at leveling him up and fed him an off color snowglobe. Now I just need to collect and evo his evo mats.

Started farming Kanetsugu from the Challenge Descends (now that it's 10x descends.) It's really nice. You get 6 or 7 drops, one can be a plus egg or not (the cat drops are regular, but the goblins are plus) and the pre boss character sometimes drops and sometimes doesn't. Sakuya invades as well, so I've picked up some light jewels as well. It's also available all the time since it is in the Challenge Descends. Exp is also nice at 28k-29k, plus it's easy to farm.

Well I got the 700 day bonus on my iPad and pulled twice: 1 silver and Satsuki! (#3). Another Satsuki? It was a pain max skilling the other two...Should I do #3? They'd be nice for my Yomi Dragon team, if only they were gods...

Dandte

Made another roll ond the PCGF REM: Orange Dragonbound, Saria

Now i have both Dragonbounds, still lokking for my isis, dmeta and Idunn&Idunna

I started playing about two months ago and am working on a Bastet team currently. I did a bunch of pulls this godfest and was looking for some advice like other teams I could work on or which monsters I could reliably sell for MP. I have 4 MeiMeis and 3 Bastets, could I sell a few of those or keep them? Thanks for any help guys.

https://www.padherder.com/user/PenguinPoacher/monsters

Woah, you have 4 meimeis and Zuoh? That's the Meimei system, Zouh as lead and all meimei subs. I don't know how that compares to some of the other end game teams you could build with your box. I think you can sell dupe Bastets since you only need the awoken version and you'd never need 2 as subs on any team. Ra and Sakuya are also end game teams, Awoken Shiva is awesome as well. You could make an LKali team but you have better options. If I was you'd I'd work on Bastet, then maybe see how good the meimei system is. I don't really know much about it, but I see it mentioned a lot. Definitely don't sell your meimei dupes.

Here's a vid I saw of the meimei system. https://youtu.be/CQZoT1IG1dQ Looks brain dead simple, but those are all hypermaxed. It'd take a long time to get there I'd imagine. Still pretty cool.

Woah, you have 4 meimeis and Zuoh? That's the Meimei system, Zouh as lead and all meimei subs. I don't know how that compares to some of the other end game teams you could build with your box. I think you can sell dupe Bastets since you only need the awoken version and you'd never need 2 as subs on any team. Ra and Sakuya are also end game teams, Awoken Shiva is awesome as well. You could make an LKali team but you have better options. If I was you'd I'd work on Bastet, then maybe see how good the meimei system is. I don't really know much about it, but I see it mentioned a lot. Definitely don't sell your meimei dupes.

Here's a vid I saw of the meimei system. https://youtu.be/CQZoT1IG1dQ Looks brain dead simple, but those are all hypermaxed. It'd take a long time to get there I'd imagine. Still pretty cool.

Thanks for the help, I'll focus on Bastet and work on my meimeis while I do that.

razterik

The amount of effort to evolve, max skill and plus egg a Zuoh system team is probably better spent on an actual endgame team. Zuoh is strong for older content, but struggles against skill bind, can't handle new dungeons well and will be fairly outdated by the time you get it all up to speed. You have a near perfect Bastet setup with MeiMei, Verdandi, Vishnu, and a flex spot for something like Liu Bei or Kushi. Also have decent options in most other colors, so feel free to go a different route if you choose.

smbu2000

So to pick up MP for my Yomi Dragon I sold off Urd #3 and Verdandi #3 on my iPhone. I rolled a few times during the PCGF and what do I pick up? Another Urd and Verdandi, hahaha. I'll probably keep them like that until I want to buy something else from the MP Shop. 15k MP each, not bad.

I also picked up Sanada Yukimura (looks nice for a Raoh team although his skill up dungeon just finished) and Haku #2. Definitely happy about getting her as she will be great on my Yomi Dragon team. My first one is a max skilled A.Haku who I will give plus eggs to after I finish Yomi Dragon. Luckily I had already evo'd a Zhou Yu in anticipation of making A.Sakuya, but I'll use him on Haku now

edit: Played Dragon Rush several times on my iPad trying to get the evo Zaerog drop and only coins dropped. Tried it once on my iPhone and got the drop. I need a uevo Zaerog to uevo Yomi Dragon.

Negator

Not having one of the great shield subs really sucks. I want to do Ultimate Yamato rush but I feel like I don't have any teams that can tackle it.

Maybe I should switch to the dark side. At least I know D. Izanami is farmable.

yami4ct

1 more pull on JP account

Karin

Not top of my list, but not a bad pull at all. Might be worth it to make a Ryune squad for farming now. I'm thinking

Ryune/Awoken I&I/Karin/Water Cyber Dragon/Sumire/Awoken I&I

It's far from an ideal squad, I could really use some quick orb changes, but it might be worthy for a good farm setup.

2 more on my US account
Water Cyberdragon
Haku

Finally got a Haku! Not my biggest white whale right now, but I'm happy to see her. Is it worth it to put together an A. Yomi squad with 1 Haku? I'm thinking of going

Yomi/Haku/Z8/D.Iza/?/?/Yomi

I have a lot of things that could fit in the 2 ? slots. I could get another Z8. I could use D. Kali, but she doesn't seem all that awesome for Yomi squads. Okuninushi is always an option. I could also move Persephone to D/G, but I'd have to take her off my Devil squad in that case. Not that big of a loss, but still a negative.

yami4ct

Slipped and fell down the IAP slope ▄█▀█●

No Kali though. Are dupes useful in pad or should I sell some of these?

Depends heavily on the card. Kali, for instance is super useful to have in multiples. Kirin, on the other hand, really isn't. Of the cards you've got, Cao Cao and Verdandi can be very useful to have dupes of on certain squads. Yomi and Muse, not as much. Hard to say with Amon until we see what his inevitable Awoken ends up being.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, mainly asking because box space is tight and I want to use stones on the pcgf while it's up and expand later.

Watched some savant board rearrangement vids and was like "I wanna do that". Started practicing and hopefully I can build a good kirin team someday.

raiot

Progress report! :D

Descended Challenge: Zaerog8, Dragon Knight and Yamato Rush down! Dragon Knight was a bitch... and dont remind me of Yamato Rush, i made the mistake and went in with a Zombie Team, after 1 Hour of Bejeweled I forgot that I can't finish off Kagutsuchi with my Luci... Another Hour later i got my last Tamadra to finish my second Yomi Dragon. Now i only need around 4.5 million xp, a shitton of dark piis and dark latents :)

Zaerog8:

Dragon Knight:

Yamato Rush: + Awoken Amaterasu +297

Yomigon Team for non Arena Descends:

Edit:

Newsflash!

Mecha Hera (Multiplayer!):

UUevoBelial:
CVIIq3LVEAAkqq8.png

LS: physical and devil 3x atk and 1.5x rcv

Ult. Gronia:
CVIJQnjUEAARLhB.png

LS: dragon and balanced 2.5x atk and 2.5x rcv, atk increases slightly with 2 wood combos

Ult. Blonia:
CVIJxpsVAAAcX_j.png

LS: dragon and physical 2.5x atk and 2.5x rcv, atk increases slightly with 5 or more connected water orbs

yami4ct

And thus continues the trend of GungHo creating more great Row sub cards while also having zero great leaders to go with them.

They have to do Awoken heroes soon. They have to. That's the only way this huge influx of row cards works out.

Quantum

Guess I can feed away my blonia now - that ult is sad ;(

since no one uses her no one will complain.

I think I'm gonna get rid of blue and buy my self another MP item.

I'm pretty happy with the Blonia ult, assuming the bonus multiplier is decent. If it's just 1.2x like Ronia I'd be a little disappointed, but I'd be OK with it.

Gronia also seems alright, but I don't have her so it doesn't really affect me.

Belial on the other hand gives me a roller coaster ride of emotions. On the one hand, stats, awakenings, and art are awesome. But the active skill staying the same is infuriating. 10 skill ups required and we don't even have access to the dungeon? Fuck that.

They should have just skipped to the awoken evo. Obviously it's unprecedented, no second uvo blah, blah, blah... But the archdemons have been shit tier for so long, and they deserve a boost back into relevance.

razterik

We've already seen what the Awoken RGB Archdemons will look like and it isn't great. Poor Astaroth.

Such a waste that Gronia didn't get something changed to TPA so she could at least be a double. Her awakenings are all over the place. Bonia got a little better focus, and wow her leader skill qualification might as well not exist because who isn't making blue rows anyway. Both are slightly less bad as subs with the skill bind resist, but they basically got ult Ronia-ed like I feared. Not relevant.

This isn't a complaint, but does anyone else find it dumb that literally almost every Awoken or new useful card gets skill bind resist. I know it's necessary, but why even bother having the mechanic at all when you put the resist on everything. Especially when they went roundabout to hit us with skill bind in a non-resistable way with the delay.

bjork

Got my fire/dark Hino Kagutsuchi evolution today. Next up is Asuka.

Been running technicals for pengdras, aside from a handful of FotNS runs. I think I'm gonna let this collab pass me by, I got a Jagi and I like that dude from the old movie, so I think I'm good. Rather work on leveling my people.

raiot

We've already seen what the Awoken RGB Archdemons will look like and it isn't great. Poor Astaroth.

Such a waste that Gronia didn't get something changed to TPA so she could at least be a double. Her awakenings are all over the place. Bonia got a little better focus, and wow her leader skill qualification might as well not exist because who isn't making blue rows anyway. Both are slightly less bad as subs with the skill bind resist, but they basically got ult Ronia-ed like I feared. Not relevant.

This isn't a complaint, but does anyone else find it dumb that literally almost every Awoken or new useful card gets skill bind resist. I know it's necessary, but why even bother having the mechanic at all when you put the resist on everything. Especially when they went roundabout to hit us with skill bind in a non-resistable way with the delay.

Just look at it from this angle:
For us seasoned players its illogical, but for new players, its sort of progression. They need those uevos OR new monster to beat certain dungeons.
Players get this "for free" and now can farm those old dungeons with their best subs, to get skill ups for the invades, orbs or just +. So they use more stamina/stones.

Then another new mechanic -> new skills -> special new gods -> skills to old gods -> etc.

Here is a post from the Puzzleanddragonsforum explaining a team for Blonia:
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...or-blue-and-green-sonia-ult-evos.85038/page-6
i am going to go out on a limb and say not trash. not as much as i was hoping but bear with me here.

my typical bonia team is bonia, bonia, bubblie, bodin bodin, friend bonia.

now i will be switching out bubblie for awoken I&I. now all of a sudden, i have 2 more rows and now i am 100% SBR.

everyone on the team now has at least 1 TPA, so let's go through the matches.

4 orb gives gets 6.25 x 1.5 = 9.3x bonia, 14 for I&I, 21x for bodin.

Now, when you match 5, everyone gets a let's go low side and say 1.2x multiplier and that gives a 7.5x mass attack.

But here is the fun part. when you match a row. my team now has 14 row awakenings. so that is a 2.4x bonus right there.

So, 6.25 x 1.2 (new LS) x 2.4 (rows) = 18x I&I makes it 36x and then if you make 2-3 rows i can't do the math on the damage.

BUT

Here is the even more fun part. ryune is a dragon. bonia boosts dragons. so NOW, you can have 60k HP, still be able to heal up and you get a nasty multiplier. ryune makes blue, dark and hearts AND gives another 1.3x multiplier, plus 1 turn haste, every 10 turns.

So now when you go to kill a boss with bonia active, I&I and bodin for the enhance, you get 6.25 x 1.2 (new ls) x 1.3 (ryune LS) x 2 (I&I) x 2.4 (14 rows still) = 46.8x plus the enhance from bodin because i am too stupid to figure that out.

and even better than that, i can do that twice with my team, bonia bodin I&I, then bonia bodin on the boss, and the I&I carries over.

I am sure someone smarter than me can figure out a 2 and 3 blue row fully enhanced board, but that 46.8x plus enhance (again too stupid to calculate) is pretty close to my shivagon team. to get max rows i run shivagon, rodin, ares, femme, urd, which is 11 rows. lately i have been dropping rowdin for lelien, so only 9 rows, but let's go with 11 for now.

that multiplier is 25 x 2.1 (rows) = 52.5x but i have very few enhanced orbs on my kill shot, urd to femme. only urd and valk have any enhanced orbs so i get maybe 4-5 per urd to femme board. with bonia i get a guaranteed full blue orb enhance from bodin

so let's review, unless my math is way wrong, and it might be, with ryune/bonia pairing vs shivagon i get a 46.8x vs 52.5x multiplier, but ryune bonia will have at least 60k HP (my bonia team has 30k or so with I&I) shivagon has about 20k with the team being unplussed, and 5k rcv vs 4200 or so for shivagon. and both teams have 80% SBR.

Overall, i think this is pretty damn good, if my math holds out. bonia/bonia pairing, 30k hp, decent multiplier, tons of rcv. bonia/ryune brings 60k hp, multiplier close to shivagon (again assuming my math is right), more rcv. I think i am back on the bonia train. Oh i also forgot, my ryune bonia team has 12 skill boosts, so if everyone is max skilled, they are all up first turn.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention the best part, my wife and first BFF pulled a ryune in the PCGF. i play her account more than she does, so guess who gets a permanent ryune buddy to play with?

This guy right here.

Top Bottom