• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Got my fire/dark Hino Kagutsuchi evolution today. Next up is Asuka.

Been running technicals for pengdras, aside from a handful of FotNS runs. I think I'm gonna let this collab pass me by, I got a Jagi and I like that dude from the old movie, so I think I'm good. Rather work on leveling my people.

You should run the highest level of normal dungeons on x1.5 drop that you can clear. So today it's Vesta Cave, Lava Dragon of the Mantle for me. The drops are high enough fodder that you get decent levels pretty fast, but more importantly you'll get a ton of plus eggs. Also rank up pretty fast, so you can run it a lot.

Also, make sure you check to see when tamadra spotted is available for your group today.

bjork

You should run the highest level of normal dungeons on x1.5 drop that you can clear. So today it's Vesta Cave, Lava Dragon of the Mantle for me. The drops are high enough fodder that you get decent levels pretty fast, but more importantly you'll get a ton of plus eggs. Also rank up pretty fast, so you can run it a lot.

Also, make sure you check to see when tamadra spotted is available for your group today.

I have cleared Vesta Cave, but it was super close. Maybe I'll do a few on Hyperion Lava Flow and bump up if that's too easy. My Tamadra time is noon, which is also bedtime. Typical, but I can play in bed for a little, I guess, heh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I'm going to start playing this again. After the 3DS version, I realized how much I miss the game. If only support could get my account back. I've tried 3 or 4 times over the past year and they have refused to help me every time. Sad given how much money I spent on this game, but it is what it is.

Should I re-roll for a specific god right now?

Kyuur

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I'm going to start playing this again. After the 3DS version, I realized how much I miss the game. If only support could get my account back. I've tried 3 or 4 times over the past year and they have refused to help me every time. Sad given how much money I spent on this game, but it is what it is.

17BWlf6.png

Courtesy of Setsu's PAD Blog.

A ton of them are in the godfest running today, so do it now if you're going to be rerolling!

mAcOdIn

I wound up going with the light/fire one, because for the awoken form, I don't have the capacity to get the units needed yet. I've got the same situation with Hino Kagutsuchi and the newest form of Kushinadahime. Once/if I can get those guys, I would definitely want to get the stronger forms, for sure. I wonder how that affects awakenings, though... for Amaterasu, the awoken form has more awakenings to unlock, but they're in a slightly different order.
It's not the specific awakening but the amount of awakenings that matters when evolving cards. So if you have light/fire Amaterasu's first 3 awoken skills unlocked if you then evolve her to light/green she will have her first 3 awoken skills unlocked.

The main issue when switching between evolutions isn't so much awakenings because usually you're going from one form to another that has more awakenings so you're not losing anything but rather skill levels because the Awoken forms generally all have different skills than their other versions. So if you are planning on using Awoken Amaterasu I'd refrain from spending time, and definitely refrain from using shynpys to skill up Amaterasu because once you do evolve her to her Awoken form she'll get a new skill and the skill level will be reset back to level one.

Ducarmel

Welcome back. Nothing much has changed Sakuya, Ra, Anubis still on top.

I would keep bothering them its ridiculous that they cant find out your account if you have a paper/money trail.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Welcome back. Nothing much has changed Sakuya, Ra, Anubis still on top.

I would keep bothering them its ridiculous that they cant find out your account if you have a paper/money trail.

I give them so much information...Pictures, transaction ID's, etc. But they keep saying they can't recover it for some reason or another. A fresh start may be nice?

I give them so much information...Pictures, transaction ID's, etc. But they keep saying they can't recover it for some reason or another. A fresh start may be nice?
Well, you have 16 hours before the pcgf ends. Better start rolling!

It's easier than ever to catch up. Lots of QOL stuff added over the past year to make leveling up easy. You can even hypermax a card in a single weekend without stoning for stamina (with a new caveats) now!

bjork

It's not the specific awakening but the amount of awakenings that matters when evolving cards. So if you have light/fire Amaterasu's first 3 awoken skills unlocked if you then evolve her to light/green she will have her first 3 awoken skills unlocked.

The main issue when switching between evolutions isn't so much awakenings because usually you're going from one form to another that has more awakenings so you're not losing anything but rather skill levels because the Awoken forms generally all have different skills than their other versions. So if you are planning on using Awoken Amaterasu I'd refrain from spending time, and definitely refrain from using shynpys to skill up Amaterasu because once you do evolve her to her Awoken form she'll get a new skill and the skill level will be reset back to level one.

Ah yes, I had forgotten about this. I had another character not too long ago where this was a potential issue, but I can't remember which. I will keep this in mind, should I get any shynpys. :)

We've already seen what the Awoken RGB Archdemons will look like and it isn't great. Poor Astaroth.
Yeah, still annoyed with how they treated her leader skill. But at least now the active is more useful and actually reasonable to skill up. So her sub status is improved enough that I'll actually evolve her.

Meanwhile, Belial will remain unevolved because I have no use for a 17 turn, single orb changer.

Kyuur

Awoken I&I vs Blonia

Leader: Different sub pools, Blonia bonus can be activated every turn, I&I every few turns at most. Both can lead with Ryune.
Active: Completely different so not really worth comparing. You can always have eachother as a sub and they use complimentary leaders not dupes, so -shrug-
Awakenings:

I&I - 2 WaRow, 1 HRow, 2 TPA, 2 SBR, 1 SB,
Blonia - 2 WaRow, 1DRow, 0 TPA, 1 SBR, 2 SB, 1 Finger, 1 WaEnhance, 1 BindRec

Stats: Blonia wins in weight, higher HP, I&I higher ATK/RCV

I don't see why people would be rioting, unless they had some insane expectation of them being flung from decent to top tier. As it stands they're a solid option throughout pretty much the entire game with Dragonbound partners.

jay23

The Twitter replies are pretty vitriolic, they're probably even worse on BBS/indexer sites.

Ha then we can definitely expect some more changes to be made.

Mhm, Should try to get i&i now or Wait for a norse god fest? The odds Should better now right? Pcgf + Gala of tides.

iirc godfest and gala do not stack

Awoken I&I vs Blonia

I don't see why people would be rioting, unless they had some insane expectation of them being flung from decent to top tier. As it stands they're a solid option throughout pretty much the entire game with Dragonbound partners.

They are 6 star gfe cards and those are usually pretty special and highly sought after.
I don't think anyone would "whale" for these cards the way they do for d.Kali and other 6 star gfe.

Mhm, Should try to get i&i now or Wait for a norse god fest? The odds Should better now right? Pcgf + Gala of tides.

Godfests and Galas don't stack, so I&I is just at 3x rates like the rest of the Godfest, not 6x. But unless you already have most of the PCGF cards, it's probably still better to roll now. Better chance of getting something good if you don't manage to pull I&I.

hermit7

Well Zhou yu is an aggravating dungeon with its all attributes. Tried once with shiva and failed on the damage so I switched to a very unconventional Bastet team.

Bastet, a. Ammy, a.orochi, Artemis, lei bei, bastet friend.

Ammy for light/emergency heal and skill boost, lei bei for damage and orbs, Orochi for delay on Zhou yu to help with resolve.

Overall was a smooth run surprisingly, lei bei hits like a tank but I still prefer vishnu an issue was I was having with lei bei is over saturation of the border with green and vishnu helps burst on multiple turns.

divusrex

Soooo, I ended up doing 2 more pulls due to the free stones and some dungeon clears. Got Amon and L. Kali, so I think I'm done pushing my luck. I'll bank the rest of my stones for future GFE that have cards I need to round out my teams.

Kyuur

They are 6 star gfe cards and those are usually pretty special and highly sought after.
I don't think anyone would "whale" for these cards the way they do for d.Kali and other 6 star gfe.

I don't see anyone really whaling for any 6 star card other than DKali.. maybe Rodin but only for farming purposes, and selling them to buy the dragons.

Yomi is listed as a great lead, but only in her most difficult to obtain evo. I'm assuming I should keep dealing with this damn tutorial until a combo lead pops?

Yeah sorry, a couple leads on there who don't really make great 'starting' leads are: DKali, Amaterasu, Lakshmi, and Yomi as you mentioned. They all need end game materials before they're really usable.

Otoh, people have dropped thousands of dollars for DKali so it might be worth keeping her and enduring the pain. But I'd only advocate it for DKali alone.

mAcOdIn

Yomi is listed as a great lead, but only in her most difficult to obtain evo. I'm assuming I should keep dealing with this damn tutorial until a combo lead pops?
I'll come out and say it, I've got Awoken Yomi and I'm finding it hell to activate her efficiently. It's easy enough to get one activation or the other, but getting the 5 dark orbs with one enhance and 6 more combos on top, that's rough. Also her ideal team's pretty tough to get, composed of shit like Zaerog8, Haku's, yes multiple Haku's, Satsuki and the like, it'd be hard to near impossible to get Zaerog on a new account, Haku's, Satsuki, Pandora, Hanzo are all Gods, the best you could do to farm cards that'd suit her are Vampire and that Mystic Dark Knight, both of which ultimately suck but barring getting the good REM cards you'd need just to feed her dark orb addiction. I've even got all the pieces and still don't use those pieces because I don't have enough orbs and badpys to skill them up which really hurts. To add to that Yomi's gets little use as a sub. Further, as a new player her leader skill's pretty damn useless unless you get her to her Awoken form or at the very least her light/dark ultimate evolution. The light/dark's not terrible, it gives a flat 3x attack to light monsters but you'll probably have trouble finding a leader to pair with that. Yomi's an extremely long term investment.

Personally, I would roll for something different if this is going to be your only God for awhile because with Yomi not giving you any damage multiplier unless you go IAP you're going to hit a wall real fast. I'd recommend going maybe egyptian for your first God, Bastet will take you far and doesn't care as much what monsters you have until you start getting into really hard content and you can pair Bastet with just about anyone, all of Bastet's evolutions are compatible with each other, you can pair with Kushinada or any of her evolutions, Okuninushi or even pair with a leader that applies to a certain color, she's incredibly flexible. I think you can make do with most of the Gods on the Godfest, like Shiva's not the best leader until you get him Awoken but even as a sub his armor break is awesome and even at the start he buffs all fire cards. Same with Cao Cao, not the greatest fire leader but usable for a good portion of the game and a fantastic sub that'll have a place on most fire teams. Sun Quan's a good card because you can farm a lot of healer cards, lillith, echdna, valkyrie, and while not a great lead has a very useful skill and is used on a lot of endgame teams. Idunn & Idunna works as a leader right off the bat and is a decent sub. Dark Metatron's now way less restrictive and works with all dark cards so you can make a team around her now. Some of the best cards I find too hard to use, like Ra and Dark Kali needing all 5 colors matched to activate, ouch, but Dark Kali's also a great sub.

Edit: And I'm waaay too late, that's what I get for watching tv with the window open.

yami4ct

I would add Ra to the list of not great starting leads. He's powerful enough to give you a good difficulty curve prior to his Awoken, but his late game teams 100% need at least 1 Kali to be viable and 3 to be ideal. That's not a bet I'd be willing to make.

L.Kali is the ideal starting roll I'd say. A very good leader that transfers to an amazing sub late game.

Kyuur

Otoh, people have dropped thousands of dollars for DKali so it might be worth keeping her and enduring the pain. But I'd only advocate it for DKali alone.

You're definitely correct, keep a DKali. Although that actually was meant to be DMeta in my list :lol: DKali isn't even on the list for leaders.

I would add Ra to the list of not great starting leads. He's powerful enough to give you a good difficulty curve prior to his Awoken, but his late game teams 100% need at least 1 Kali to be viable and 3 to be ideal. That's not a bet I'd be willing to make.

L.Kali is the ideal starting roll I'd say. A very good leader that transfers to an amazing sub late game.

It's a shame he's starting after the free Chocobo. Definitely makes it easier for new Ra players.

Dandte

Godfests and Galas don't stack, so I&I is just at 3x rates like the rest of the Godfest, not 6x. But unless you already have most of the PCGF cards, it's probably still better to roll now. Better chance of getting something good if you don't manage to pull I&I.

iirc godfest and gala do not stack

Bought a 12 stone pack...

And so ends my first PCGF:

1661 5* Nut
0138 5* Amaterasu
0496 5* Ra
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe)
1757 5* Purple Grimoire, Goetia
2442 6* Blue Dragonbound, Ryune...my new staple team leader
0236 5* Shiva...my long term team leader
1078 5* Blue Sky Fruit, Berry Dragon.....the heck?
0112 4* Salamander
2440 5* Orange Dragonbound, Saria
0492 5* Isis.....wanted her
- the hunt for Idunn&Idunna began-
1128 4* Dragon Samurai
0803 5* Kushinadahime
0622 5* Archangel Gabriel

I'm happy with my pulls, most of them are useful, even the dragon samurai, who i can use in my satsuki team.

yami4ct

Bastet imo but Lkali's not a bad starting roll either.

They are both great choices. Bastet needs at least 1 3-Pronger (Vishnu/Liu Bei) and 1 board change to be top tier, and Perseus to be ideal for SBR, but she does transition well and can give you the time you need to get those. L. Kali won't transition as far into the end game, but if you pull a Sakuya or Ra she can become a sub on those teams. They both are good, they just have different transitions.

1661 5* Nut
0138 5* Amaterasu
0496 5* Ra
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe)
0112 4* Salamander
1128 4* Dragon Samurai
0803 5* Kushinadahime

I'm happy with my pulls, most of them are useful, even the dragon samurai, who i can use in my satsuki team.

Wait a sec, you rolled a Ryune? Don't feel bad at all about not getting I&I then. The whole appeal of I&I is to pair them off with a Ryune, but Ryune is the rarer part of the combo. You actually did way better than pulling I&I.

Nice pulls overall though. From your padherder, it looks like you have a great A. Shiva team for whenever you can get him evoed. If you ever get an L Kali, you should also be in great shape for an Awoken Ra team.

Rekwest

My PCGF pulls:
1.Thanatos.(new)
2.Ra (new)
3.Amon(new)
4.Fuu (dup) go to MP
5.Ruka (new)
6.Venus (new)
7.Okuninushi (new)
8.Kirin (dup) got to MP
9.Water Wizard Sharon (new)
10.Fruit melon dragon (dup) go to MP

That's it! i think that was ok.

theDonutking

Neo Member

1661 5* Nut
0138 5* Amaterasu
0496 5* Ra
2095 5* Kraken Rider
1231 5* Cao Cao (dupe)
0112 4* Salamander
1128 4* Dragon Samurai
0803 5* Kushinadahime

Dude, I would have stopped pulling Ryune. She looks to be not only a staple lead, but a great sub in any blue team! I wonder how she'd do in a Typhon team...

Okamid3n

I grinded challenge mode and coin dungeons all week-end to get this extra roll.
I finally got my last stone for it, I roll and...L.Kali, oh my god.
I've never been this happy with the game. My Kirin team got the thing it desperately needed.

Fuck, skillups rotating tomorrow. L.Kali so sad

That's a bummer, hah. Oh well, it'll come back at some point.

(Will be tempted to use some of my shynpys, but I'll resist)

Edit : I fed my 5 angelits and got 3 skill-ups. Truly a blessed first night of December.

hermit7

Well Nordis was taken down.

Shiva, hino, set, caocao, urd, shiva friend.

Pretty easy thanks to the type advantage. First stage of Nordis is pretty easy as well heal up as much as possible each turn. (Hits around 12k).

Final stage I had problems with a few runs until I switched out a second caocao for set.

Used urd to pop him below 50 he used a gravity, then popped set for his 1.5 active and got him.

Note that he does bind dark cards for 3 turns on entering and if you have no dark he has a preemptive hit for like 25k watch for that.

Okamid3n

Note that he does bind dark cards for 3 turns on entering and if you have no dark he has a preemptive hit for like 25k watch for that.

He doesn't have a pre-emptive that hit for 25k, I have no dark cards in my Shiva team and I beat him, no problem.

The only thing to worry about for me was that i needed to get Nordis between 20% and 50% on my first hit. If I got him below 20% he one-shot me, if I got him above 50% he hit for 20k, which I sadly can't tank with my team since it lacks + eggs.

Quantum

sounds like Blonia and Gronia are being re-worked due to complaints - at least if you believe the padf posts.

also - after reading that thread, I don't think I'm going to feed blonia for the pluses - I keep forgetting how easy it is to get +297 from when I started.

question: how do the mobs level during the rogue dungeons? I don't get it - I ran one of them a few times and made it to the tenth floor twice - and my shiva dragon was a different level each time. I don't think I'm going to bother running them again they are too frustrating - I have no idea what level I will be on which floor - its just a total shit mechanic.

hermit7

He doesn't have a pre-emptive that hit for 25k, I have no dark cards in my Shiva team and I beat him, no problem.

The only thing to worry about for me was that i needed to get Nordis between 20% and 50% on my first hit. If I got him below 20% he one-shot me, if I got him above 50% he hit for 20k, which I sadly can't tank with my team since it lacks + eggs.

You're right I mixed up some numbers. It is like 12k. I had the issue with hitting him beneath 50 as well. But he always has a charge that skips a turn under 50 as well. I assumed that would happen before getting him beneath 20 percent.

question: how do the mobs level during the rogue dungeons? I don't get it - I ran one of them a few times and made it to the tenth floor twice - and my shiva dragon was a different level each time. I don't think I'm going to bother running them again they are too frustrating - I have no idea what level I will be on which floor - its just a total shit mechanic.

Level occur by team cost. Higher cost cards level less than lower cost cards.

Okamid3n

I assumed that would happen before getting him beneath 20 percent.

I assumed that too...

But I assumed wrong. And on padx, it says Nordis will use the attack "with highest priority", so it bypasses everything and just one-shots you.

It's kind of annoying because the whole dungeon is really easy for me, but then on the last floor I need to hope for not too many skyfalls.

Or I could hit for 8.6 million damage with a team averaging level 60, that's an option too.

sounds like Blonia and Gronia are being re-worked due to complaints - at least if you believe the padf posts.

also - after reading that thread, I don't think I'm going to feed blonia for the pluses - I keep forgetting how easy it is to get +297 from when I started.

It's true, buffs to be announced later today
https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status/671870953542914049

Your mobs level up depending on the monsters you fight. If you get hit with an invade then usually you'll gain fewer levels than the floor it replaces.

Ground out two more stones for one more godfest roll.

Dupe Moon dragon caller, Satsuke.

Probably not much point in having two...

MP fodder I guess.

Ground out two more stones for one more godfest roll.

Dupe Moon dragon caller, Satsuke.

Probably not much point in having two...

MP fodder I guess.

Nooo don't, Satsuki is one of the few cards where having dupes can be useful

You can always sell her down the line if she ends up being a benchwarmer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, I feel pretty OK with my starting rolls. Pandora and Okuninushi. Already got my Mystic Ice and Light Knights for early game orb changers, too. Decent start!

hermit7

Alright, I feel pretty OK with my starting rolls. Pandora and Okuninushi. Already got my Mystic Ice and Light Knights for early game orb changers, too. Decent start!

Those are great and have nice synergy with one another, later you can farm a zaerog and put them on the team. Okuni specifically is really good with his damage boost and delay.

coy

While I wish I did get Satsuki like many seem to have, I finally got a Hero in Pandora! She'll help my Yomi teams a lot. Overall, I am happy with the PCGF rolls as I got many of the subs I wanted, namely Vishnu (twice), Susano (twice), Isis, Indra, and the aforementioned Pandora. Also got dupes of L.Kali and Verdandi so my Ra and Parvati teams are optimzed now. The MP system makes getting dupes less of a drag now. Still only halfway til a dragon but working its way up.

Not surprised the Sonias will be receiving a buff considering the outcry as GH has shown precedence for this. I don't expect Sakuya level of changes but maybe something like an adjusted awakening for Gronia and modified LS for Blonia.

Also, welcome back nicoga! Hope your account shenanigans get resolved.

razterik

Skill bind resist on Dark Tron! And a bunch of other buffs to go through.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/sinka/151203_sinka.html

Gronia got second row over TPA, both are 1.5x ATK on five or more orbs. Still meh.

Valks now 1.5x ATK with row and REM ones all got a second row. Stronger than Heroes now, super uevos coming?

Grodin two turn bind clear. Blodin enhances darks, 10 turn max, extra ATK on leader skill for 4 or more orbs. Rodin same leader skill buff.

Skill boost on normal Valk. Heart enhance on Dark Tron.

Top Bottom