• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Skill bind resist on Dark Tron! And a bunch of other buffs to go through.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/sinka/151203_sinka.html

Gronia got second row over TPA, both are 1.5x ATK on five or more orbs. Still meh.

Valks now 1.5x ATK with row and REM ones all got a second row. Stronger than Heroes now, super uevos coming?

Grodin two turn bind clear. Blodin enhances darks, 10 turn max, extra ATK on leader skill for 4 or more orbs. Rodin same leader skill buff.

Skill boost on normal Valk. Heart enhance on Dark Tron.
Well, I'm sure glad I haven't sunk any TAMADRAs into Chester yet. :lol

Heart enhance on Dmeta seems like a random awakening to tack on.

Rixa

My hunt for Bastet waits for another day. PCGF pull haul:

- Kanna - Great sub for Saria
- Mori Motanori - A.Lakshmi says hi
- Saria - Light team leader
- Chrono Turtle - Silver but wont sell this
- Kakkab
Kakka = poop / shit in Finnish -> "Shit B" unit, always laughing for this
- One more Cyberbeast to my collection
- Liu Bei - Hell yes, only Bastet missing for near perfect Bestcat team. Great for my Verd.
- Basilisk -> Instant 3k mp.

Overall not bad at all. Now to collect stones for future GF, maybe to collect more stones in the long run since Iam not exatly lacking in units.

Used one stone in Tamadra Retreat, made five runs got 2 tamas and 15 B-Tamas Great that this has now been weekly dungeon, Iam constantly lacking in Tamadras. Good unit is nothing without its awokens.

razterik

The heart awakening might actually be a mistake and be something else? Not sure yet.

Also, RIP Beach Claire? Worst MP purchase now?

Dmeta/Haku/Satsuki/Pandora/Persephone/Dmeta looks like a very solid hybrid team now. Skill bind immunity, 8 row enhances, 7 TPAs.

Guess I should throw my next batch of +eggs into Satsuki. Sorry, Osiris.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Holy Shit....i completely missed the PCGF :eek:
Thats what you get for neglecting the game for a couple of days...damn.

Congrats on your good pulls (damn Rixa&Dandte you did good)

Also DMeta getting SBR (lawd) and Grodin bind clear ? Nice.

Makes me wonder if i should still max skill Wee Jas...probably yeah.

Rixa

Holy Shit....i completely missed the PCGF :eek:
Thats what you get for neglecting the game for a couple of days...damn.

Congrats on your good pulls (damn Rixa&Dandte you did good)

Also DMeta getting SBR (lawd) and Grodin bind clear ? Nice.

Makes me wonder if i should still max skill Wee Jas...probably yeah.

Thanks. I was kinda worried about you :). Beat Leonide King for Fire Jewel about hour ago and saw that BF time has only 1h left :p. "Omg were is my favourite BF".
One Fire Jewel closer for A. Leilan.

I need so many exp dragons that going to use my pal pts to exp instead for possible jewel drops. Havent counted but I think I have close to 20 or even more units to level up.

ZombAid82

My hunt for Bastet waits for another day. PCGF pull haul:

- Kanna - Great sub for Saria
- Mori Motanori - A.Lakshmi says hi
- Saria - Light team leader
- Chrono Turtle - Silver but wont sell this
- Kakkab
Kakka = poop / shit in Finnish -> "Shit B" unit, always laughing for this
- One more Cyberbeast to my collection
- Liu Bei - Hell yes, only Bastet missing for near perfect Bestcat team. Great for my Verd.
- Basilisk -> Instant 3k mp.

Overall not bad at all. Now to collect stones for future GF, maybe to collect more stones in the long run since Iam not exatly lacking in units.

Used one stone in Tamadra Retreat, made five runs got 2 tamas and 15 B-Tamas Great that this has now been weekly dungeon, Iam constantly lacking in Tamadras. Good unit is nothing without its awokens.

I also did my last pull yesterday, bought 30 stones for the first time.
I got:
Yomi(Yes!)
Bastet(super YES!!!), also almost Awoken already, just need to level Medj and Sphinx!
Undine 2x(fuck)
Some Cyberdragon :-/
and another insignificant pull

Yes yo, got my bastet for my verdi's^^

Thanks. I was kinda worried about you :). Beat Leonide King for Fire Jewel about hour ago and saw that BF time has only 1h left :p. "Omg were is my favourite BF".

I need so many exp dragons that going to use my pal pts to exp instead for possible jewel drops. Havent counted but I think I have close to 20 or even more units to level up.

You and me both, brotha^^

Kyuur

Lmao, DMeta getting another buff. My fiancee will be happy, she's assembled a powerful 100% SBR squad now:

DMeta - Satsuki - Okuninushi - Mitsuhide - Hanzo - DMeta

Jonsoncao

Banned
How can I unlock Legendary Skyway (Technical)? Do I have to beat all the Conditional Technicals before that?

Mythic Stone->Legendary mountain path-> Legendary Hills->Legendary Skyway I believe. You don't need to clear War dragons, dragon knight, Zeus, Hera, etc.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So can someone explain why Yomi Dragon is so amazing? From what I'm reading on Setsu's page, Yomi Dragon and Ra Dragon trivialize a lot of the game?

So can someone explain why Yomi Dragon is so amazing? From what I'm reading on Setsu's page, Yomi Dragon and Ra Dragon trivialize a lot of the game?

Ra Dragon and Yomi Dragon are the only two leads that can consistently clear the Ultimate Arena, which is currently the toughest dungeon in the game. They need pretty specific teams to do it consistently, but it's possible, which puts them into a tier of their own.

raiot

For Yomi Dragon:
Look at his awakenings, he is unbindable, has a bind cure, 1 orb enhance, 2 time extends, 2 skill boosts, 1 skill block. His active adds 4 hearts and dark orbs from non dark/heart orbs And boosts all other skills by 1 turn.
His leader skill is 6x atk and 1.5x rcv for God types.
He is just a complete package!

smbu2000

Yes, I picked up the plus eggs to 297 my recently acquired Yomi Dragon(iPhone.) I haven't actually given him the plus eggs yet as I'm only at about 4 million exp on him and giving them to him now would make him more expensive to level up. Especially since he requires so much exp. (9,999,999!!!)
I still need to uevo him as well. I have an Izanami I need to evo (then uevo) and I picked up Zaerog from Dragon Rush and I just need to uevo him.

Unfortunately, I used most of my badpys to finish off A.Haku and to max my A.Loki, so I've only gotten him up to level 4.

I've been feeding the excess HP/RCV eggs that I've been picking up to my A.Haku and she's at about 180 now. She needs a lot of ATK eggs though. I also want to level up and make another A.Haku from the one I picked up during the PCGF.

Doing better on the Yomi Dragon for my iPad. I have him at a higher level and max skilled him. Need about 40 more plus eggs to 297 him.
Was finally able to get Zaerog from Dragon Rush after only getting treasure drops several times. Now I just need to pick up another Izanami.

At the moment I'm still trying to decide on the teams I will use with Yomi Dragon. Having to be a god for the 1.5x ATK/RCV bonus makes things harder. A.Haku is an easy choice, but after that...

I'm happy about DMeta getting a SBR. That makes it much easier to make teams for her. Now I could throw together a DMeta/Satsuki/Satsuki/Satsuki/A.Haku team on my iPad since I just got another Satsuki in the PCGF. Or replace 1 Satsuki with Yomi Dragon. DMeta and A.Haku are both hyper and my first two Satsukis are max skilled. That DMeta SBR means the team will be 100% resistant.

hermit7

Been going through challenge descended and have beaten everything but goemon.

Still hate zaerog, it is the most annoying dungeon there is honestly, the hard combo count on floor 9 and ensuring you have a buff to give yourself a second turn is rough. I doubt I ever farm it fully for skill ups.

Threw my 2 +50 tamadra on caocao, his utility is so good and useful, and he is a staple on my shiva team.

So the banner at the login page confused me for a bit. What exactly is the North American qualifier event? Are we actually going to get Mario/Luigi in our game?

Anyway, here are my final hauls for the PCGF. Only $.99 spent on each, getting the black friday pack or whatever.

Main phone account:
Queen of the Dwarfs, Snow White
Isis
Water Dragon Swordsman
Sparkling Goddess of Secrets, Kali
Amaterasu
Venus

Kali is obviously a great pick up, and it looks like getting the most out of Isis/Ama/Venus could end up helping my teams as well. Overall a good/great haul for me out of PCGF on my main account.

Secondary tablet account:
Phoenix Rider
Shiva
Beast Rider
Neptune
Susano
Sleeping Beauty

So on this account, outside of Susano, Shiva and possibly Neptune, this gf was kind of a bust. Not really a fan of any of the rest of this stuff. Susano helps the team I've been working toward, with Bastet/Liu Bei/Meimei, and Shiva is obviously Shiva so while I got two great pulls everyone else kind of seems to suck.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the PCGF. Helped me out a lot.

Negator

Oh my god. Might as well give DMeta a third row while youre at it!

Wow. Now there is room for DValk in that team and she is amazing for it with an extra row. Her not having SBR is a non factor now.

Well decided to try out my Typhon team after adding the grape dragon I got in PCGF for the first time. Beat Endless Corridors for the first time, then got my first clear in KoG. Sooo pumped right now. I'm going to shift my focus to my Typhon team completely, and just use my Urd for mindless farming. The amount of damage I can output is crazy. Still need a couple more awakenings and then to start looking for skill-ups.

Really happy with the progress I made today. Feel like I cleared a big hurdle. Pretty soon I'll be crushing descends.

Rixa

When I clear Hedonistic Demon, I have cleared 8 first Challenge Dungeons which is my record. Sad that there is no Globe reward :( only some lousy queen dragons.

Jonsoncao

Banned
First time clearing Z-infinity in Jp Descended Challege 10 during my lunch break today! and cleared True dragon realm and Devil's domain during the Thanksgiving break...

Comparing with my IAP US account, being non-IAP in JP seems to be infinitely better..
Averaging 6-7 combos w/o skyfall, I can't even recall clearing all the normal descends in US back when being rank 260, nor have 3 hypermaxed cards...

ngRNzOM.png

6LpOksI.png

RTwxlr8.png

When I clear Hedonistic Demon, I have cleared 8 first Challenge Dungeons which is my record. Sad that there is no Globe reward :( only some lousy queen dragons.

Nice! That's quite an achievement being a relative new player! What is your team?

Well decided to try out my Typhon team after adding the grape dragon I got in PCGF for the first time. Beat Endless Corridors for the first time, then got my first clear in KoG. Sooo pumped right now. I'm going to shift my focus to my Typhon team completely, and just use my Urd for mindless farming. The amount of damage I can output is crazy. Still need a couple more awakenings and then to start looking for skill-ups.

Really happy with the progress I made today. Feel like I cleared a big hurdle. Pretty soon I'll be crushing descends.

Hey, man. I have 2 max skilled Typhon cards and I am building a Typhon team currently. Mind if you add me in US? 348,285,288

Been going through challenge descended and have beaten everything but goemon.

Still hate zaerog, it is the most annoying dungeon there is honestly, the hard combo count on floor 9 and ensuring you have a buff to give yourself a second turn is rough. I doubt I ever farm it fully for skill ups.

Threw my 2 +50 tamadra on caocao, his utility is so good and useful, and he is a staple on my shiva team.

Man...If you wanna invest 360k MP on ShivaDra and 2 delay resist...then the farming is gonna be trivialized.

bjork

Got in 3 runs on the tamadra dungeon yesterday. I don't have the stamina to do the higher one, but on the lower one I managed to get 5 and put them all on Nut. Slowly getting there.

Rixa

Nice! That's quite an achievement being a relative new player! What is your team?
Thanks, since my water & fire teams aint ready (as level wise), I went in with wood team.

"Mei Zhou Lang - All Att Needed" bs dungeon 1st pic team.
"No shield on boss" dungeons 2nd pic team.
"Yes shield dungeons" 3rd pic team.
Cao Cao is max skilled -> Prolly switching to Liu Bei later when I get 2 trifruits & levels. All units are max awoken. Friend hypermax Verdandi.

Bought a pack after a few drinks and rolled a bit more last night.

Dark cyberdragon
Rei Sirius
Chimera
Dragon samurai
LKali!
Prometheus
Akechi Mitsuhide
Yomi (3rd)
AMA (2nd)

So basically I just rolled Lkali. Still waiting for pad z and the wizard series to get some uvos (seems unlikely, I know). Yomi is already sold, and I may sell Ama as well. Akechi is nice. If FA Lucifer gets a good leader skill with his awoken, Akechi will make a good sub there.

But main takeaway is LKali. It sucks that the skill ups are going away, but hopefully I'll only have to wait a month. I'll be able to stockpile while I skill up Satsuki.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Nice - get those Jewels, i also started clearing those Jewel Quests yet. Also hope i can get the Angel Invade this week, still havent encountered them.

Yup, really need as much exp i can get so im saving my PP as well :-D
Got in 3 runs on the tamadra dungeon yesterday. I don't have the stamina to do the higher one, but on the lower one I managed to get 5 and put them all on Nut. Slowly getting there.
The 50 stamina version is better for Tamadras anyway - unless you need the Odin skillups.

Hey, man. I have 2 max skilled Typhon cards and I am building a Typhon team currently. Mind if you add me in US? 348,285,288

Sure, just sent you a request. I've been meaning to clear some room on my friends list to find more Typhons. Mine's only level 79 and skill level 2, but it's always up and my main focus going forward.

The lower difficulty is generally considered the more "efficient" one as far as awakenings/stam is concerned so don't worry too bad about not being able to do the harder one.

Rixa

Nice - get those Jewels, i also started clearing those Jewel Quests yet. Also hope i can get the Angel Invade this week, still havent encountered them.

Yup, really need as much exp i can get so im saving my PP as well :-D
As you can see from those team pics, I used them :p. Hunting those Jewels. Didnt get any with 8 pulls but I did get Keeper of Gold (havent cleared it yet, but with A.Orochi + woodies I might try it next week).

hermit7

Man...If you wanna invest 360k MP on ShivaDra and 2 delay resist...then the farming is gonna be trivialized.

Yeah I am not sure if that is in the cards for me as of now. I could pull it off, but I don't know if it is what I want to do.

I thought we would start introducing some more mp dragons by now, they have been around for the past 4 months or so.

Bastet and Shiva are real powerhouses now that I am getting some skills and pluses on both of them, and I enjoy combo more than rows as a play style so hopefully one comes around next time that is geared towards that.

Kyuur

You folks saying its more efficient must not be getting 2-3 ChibiDras per run like me. :p I'll gladly take the guaranteed 4 baby tamas.

Okamid3n

I can't believe I got 4 skill-ups out of 6 angelits on my new Lkali. It's a shame the skill up is entering a rotation but it's less painful due to my insane luck.

Also, I hate how Yamato Rush needs 99 stamina, uuughhh. I want another shot at it. I really need those 50 RCV eggs because I have way less RCV eggs than HP or attack for some reason.

Did anyone beat Yamato Rush with Shiva here? What team did you use? I'm thinking I have to bring Diza to stand a chance.

coy

Glad for the Valk buffs but the Sonias were what I expected in that not much was done. But damn DMeta getting the love once again. I still wish I had her after all this time. My max skilled LMeta isn't even necessary for a Sakuya team so she's just languishing in the corner wishing she received some attention.

I'm debating on feeding my hyper Liu Bei to Vishnu or Osiris. I have a spare Bei that is almost max skilled. With a dupe Verdandi, I would roll the following team:

Parvati / Verdandi / Verdandi / Osiris / Susano or Vishnu

I've done well enough with Liu Bei, but there are times I am oversaturated with wood orbs. I have already hypered Susano (good for Sakuya teams as well) and will leave the dupe Verdandi unplussed. Knowing me, I'll probably hem and haw for months then never pull the trigger.

razterik

Did anyone beat Yamato Rush with Shiva here? What team did you use? I'm thinking I have to bring Diza to stand a chance.

Yup, way back when this Challenge set appeared in JP. Ran Cao Cao, Yamato, A.Leilan, and Dark Izanami. Had around four +297s. Try to avoid using actives the first three floors, A.Shiva to break fat metal or damage boost. Wadatsumi is tough if you can't tank his 25k hit, grind down if possible or use Yamato or Leilan with Shiva active. Use Cao Cao delay on Kagutsuchi as soon as possible to hit, heal and prevent resolve counter, put up the shield before moving on. Need to get Goemon below 50% in a couple turns, then finish strong. It's doable, but certainly not easy and requires some luck. Had to attempt it several times.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I can't believe I got 4 skill-ups out of 6 angelits on my new Lkali. It's a shame the skill up is entering a rotation but it's less painful due to my insane luck.

Also, I hate how Yamato Rush needs 99 stamina, uuughhh. I want another shot at it. I really need those 50 RCV eggs because I have way less RCV eggs than HP or attack for some reason.

Congrats on the luck man!!!

I used a similar team as razterik. AKagu/Cao Cao/Diza/AHorus, 4 +297s. I usually stalled at Fl 4 just to kill Wadatsumi w/o using skills. Unlike razterik, for me the most difficult floor is 3, getting bound normally means dead to me (no plusses on Yamato...).

yami4ct

The heart awakening might actually be a mistake and be something else? Not sure yet.

Also, RIP Beach Claire? Worst MP purchase now?

It sucks that GungHo doesn't seem to be supporting MP cards long term. We'll see how it ends up going, but stuff like Beach Claire not getting a buff makes me hesitant to ever heavily invest into an MP card. They seem to be like Special REM golds, expect maybe good for a bit longer.

Kyuur

It sucks that GungHo doesn't seem to be supporting MP cards long term. We'll see how it ends up going, but stuff like Beach Claire not getting a buff makes me hesitant to ever heavily invest into an MP card. They seem to be like Special REM golds, expect maybe good for a bit longer.

Chances are they'll buff them right before they come around again to try and get people to buy them.

Final tally on PCGF

Nut
Isis
I&I
Dupe I&I
Sarsvati (dupe)
Dragon samurai
Satsuki
Dupe Satsuki
Lakshmi
Dupe Isis

So I went hard on pulls and I got nothing but blue and dark monsters, a ton of supers (new dupes but a ton of dupes). Just felt underwhelmed. Water carnival trolled me hard on gold eggs, and blue PCGF also got me good.

How do I use these blue monsters? Any of them a lead? I have a ton of blue subs but nothing good to lead with.

Also Satsuki? Anyone have a link on how to properly use that one?

yami4ct

Final tally on PCGF

Nut
Isis
I&I
Dupe I&I
Sarsvati (dupe)
Dragon samurai
Satsuki
Dupe Satsuki
Lakshmi
Dupe Isis

So I went hard on pulls and I got nothing but blue and dark monsters, a ton of supers (new dupes but a ton of dupes). Just felt underwhelmed. Water carnival trolled me hard on gold eggs, and blue PCGF also got me good.

How do I use these blue monsters? Any of them a lead? I have a ton of blue subs but nothing good to lead with.

Also Satsuki? Anyone have a link on how to properly use that one?

I&I is about to get real good here soon, especially if you've got some other good water stuff like Andromeda and Hermes. Pair her with a fried Ryune and you've got a great setup.

Satsuki isn't used much as a leader. Her main use is a sub. Awoken Tsukiyomi and Zaerog Infinite use her as a good 3 TPA stat stick.

I&I is about to get real good here soon, especially if you've got some other good water stuff like Andromeda and Hermes. Pair her with a fried Ryune and you've got a great setup.

Satsuki isn't used much as a leader. Her main use is a sub. Awoken Tsukiyomi and Zaerog Infinite use her as a good 3 TPA stat stick.

And I just got one of those zaerog infinity monsters all nice and evolved.. Interesting. Still don't want to sacrifice my max skill Yomi for an awoken tsukoyomi.

yami4ct

And I just got one of those zaerog infinity monsters all nice and evolved.. Interesting. Still don't want to sacrifice my max skill Yomi for an awoken tsukoyomi.

What do you use Yomi for? Do you have one (or even better, 2) Hakus? Do you have another top tier team already?

If you don't have an amazing team already and you have Hakus, it would actually be worth giving up your Yomi's Skill Level to Awaken her. She's crazy popular with the right team and you have a few key subs as is.

What do you use Yomi for? Do you have one (or even better, 2) Hakus? Do you have another top tier team already?

If you don't have an amazing team already and you have Hakus, it would actually be worth giving up your Yomi's Skill Level to Awaken her. She's crazy popular with the right team and you have a few key subs as is.

I do have two hakus, one is awoken Haku (5 awakenings 1 skill up) and the other is max skill D/D Haku.

The max skill change the world is really useful for awoken Ra. Helps alleviate risk for at least 1 100x activation

theDonutking

Neo Member

Yomi worth switching out to Awoken. Change the World is nice but her new active gives you a decent amount of time as well. The potential damage output ain't too shabby either.

EDIT: If you are using A. Ra regularly, then nevermind what I said. I would like the security as well.

J0dy77

Hey, who let you back this thread. :)

Good to see you back nico. Paying again?

As for yomi, he's a 36x lead just for matching 5 dark orbs. Throw in multiple dark attacks, enhance orbs and tpa awakenings and his burst is insane. Just need the right subs. Plus his awakenings are pretty perfect.

yami4ct

I do have two hakus, one is awoken Haku (5 awakenings 1 skill up) and the other is max skill D/D Haku.

The max skill change the world is really useful for awoken Ra. Helps alleviate risk for at least 1 100x activation

Given you're using Yomi on a Ra team, I doubt you're using the ideal of at least 2 Kalis, right? If you don't have that, the Yomi team you've got in your box might actually end up being better overall. You have the ideal squad of Yomi/Haku/Haku/Z8/Satsuki/Yomi.

So I have all the mats for the new ult on Blonia. She is my blue physical leader, but I'm not sure if it's worth it? I'm only concerned in using up a blue orb, otherwise the mats don't bother me.

It's unfortunate the new evolution doesn't really increase her mid/endgame usage. :(

edit: And when should NA get these updates?

hermit7

So I have all the mats for the new ult on Blonia. She is my blue physical leader, but I'm not sure if it's worth it? I'm only concerned in using up a blue orb, otherwise the mats don't bother me.

It's unfortunate the new evolution doesn't really increase her mid/endgame usage. :(

edit: And when should NA get these updates?

Few months or so. They aren't awful leads paired with Ryune so I wouldn't entirely discount them. They also have pretty good use with Karin if you have her. Maybe not the absolute best but they provide good burst when needed and can tank nearly anything.

Few months or so. They aren't awful leads paired with Ryune so I wouldn't entirely discount them. They also have pretty good use with Karin if you have her. Maybe not the absolute best but they provide good burst when needed and can tank nearly anything.

Do not have Ryune, but I do have Ethereal Guardian Seiryuu, Karin.

I really want to Awake Orochi but I have no chance of getting his mats any time soon. I'm talking Icewing and Tengu.

Would it be worth it to ult him to Serpent Demon Viper Orochi for now and unevolve him if I ever get the above mentioned cards?

hermit7

Do not have Ryune, but I do have Ethereal Guardian Seiryuu, Karin.

I really want to Awake Orochi but I have no chance of getting his mats any time soon. I'm talking Icewing and Tengu.

Would it be worth it to ult him to Serpent Demon Viper Orochi for now and unevolve him if I ever get the above mentioned cards?

I meant use blonia and pair with a friend ryune. Tengu is not too difficult if you can beat the descended carnival that shows up every so often, similarly beyzul or whatever can be beaten pretty easily with newer leads.

I don't see an issue with doing that with Orochi, his skill is quite useful and the tpa are still strong.

What does your box look like?

Top Bottom