• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I meant use blonia and pair with a friend ryune. Tengu is not too difficult if you can beat the descended carnival that shows up every so often, similarly beyzul or whatever can be beaten pretty easily with newer leads.

I don't see an issue with doing that with Orochi, his skill is quite useful and the tpa are still strong.

What does your box look like?
My box

Damn Yamato rush is brutal. I took my dark Kirin team in basically blind, didn't realize there was so much resolve! Kaguya was fine, but I skyfall killed Kagu. And Goemon is a ridiculous boss, way too much luck involved. Not sure how I'm gonna beat this one.

hermit7

You do have good blue and dark cards.

Maybe try getting sarasvati off the ground for the moment,

Sarasvati, blonia, karin, bvalk, hermes or when famiel ult comes out you can use her for her 3 tpa and board change.

Sarasvati is good on damage, health is her biggest issue, but you will have a good number of physical cards and bvalk and sarasvati give good rcv. Also you can choose to go tpa for mobs and rows for bursting.

I'm hoping we get a best friend reset soon. I don't really use the leads of my BF anymore :(. I wanted to keep grinding KoG since I finally cleared it and need practice, but didn't have any typhon friends available. I've cleared it 4 times now and it's been pretty stable. Might have it on farm...

She fell off, but with the buff she's back on the gravy train, albeit not at top dawg status. With the buff that JP is getting this week she'll get more flexible sub options.

You do have good blue and dark cards.

Maybe try getting sarasvati off the ground for the moment,

Sarasvati, blonia, karin, bvalk, hermes or when famiel ult comes out you can use her for her 3 tpa and board change.

Sarasvati is good on damage, health is her biggest issue, but you will have a good number of physical cards and bvalk and sarasvati give good rcv. Also you can choose to go tpa for mobs and rows for bursting.

I thought of Sarasvati, but 9 blue orbs is tough to get consistently. I had no idea Famiel had an ult so that is great. I will work on it though. Lots of options for maybe workable teams, but I need to practice practice practice.

All these bloody skillups. Need more pys!

hermit7

I thought of Sarasvati, but 9 blue orbs is tough to get consistently. I had no idea Famiel had an ult so that is great. I will work on it though. Lots of options for maybe workable teams, but I need to practice practice practice.

All these bloody skillups. Need more pys!

Yeah skills are hard, but fortunately many of them are farmable so it is easier to get them done.

Bvalk via two heroes
Blonia via trifruits
Hermes via super Sapphire king
Sarasvati via insect Dragon boss drop

Only challenging bit is karin, but you can use the ult you have now for her u til you can awaken her.

Negator

Zaerog Infinity dungeon is the bane of my existence. If I don't die to some random crap it's his stupid combo shield. Sigh.

Can we get the rank 150 free pull reset once this rank 250 free pull update comes in? Because I need more Lucifers in my box.

xtoePXC.png

razterik

I was like "What!?" And then I was like "Wooo!"

Possible pull list:
3 Kingdoms
India 2
Egypt 2
Angel 2
Samurai
Constellation
Kalis
Norns
Dragonbounds
Beast Demons
Dragon Caller 2

Nice.

And some mini buffs to DC cards (no uevos yet).

Dandte

There is no possible way of switching from EU to NA right? Finding shiva or ryune friends is kinda hard....thanks again for all you advice, i'm currently focussing on evolving my cards, but looks like at least with shiva i hit a road block. Special fodder + jewels which cost 10k mp each...welp. but from what i heard it isn't recommend to buy these right?

Rixa

There is no possible way of switching from EU to NA right? Finding shiva or ryune friends is kinda hard....thanks again for all you advice, i'm currently focussing on evolving my cards, but looks like at least with shiva i hit a road block. Special fodder + jewels which cost 10k mp each...welp. but from what i heard it isn't recommend to buy these right?
Sadly not possible. What I suggest is to register to PF and got to EU PF "add me" forum section. I got some Verdandi friends from there.

Of course I get Wood / Light trifruits after skill up changes, when I actually need 2 Wood / Fire trifuit. Good thing is that I can clear the dungeon, time to save some trifruits.

linsivvi

Finally finished descend challenge. 150 plus eggs is well worth it.

Also max skilled Lu Bu and 2nd D Izanami.

It's a good PAD day.

Diodiablo

Banned
How do you beat it consistently?
Could you me your team?

Any good red team is able to clean it pretty consistently. Just bring an Echidna (not really needed, but can help a lot with the third stage) and a 5 turn orb changer to avoid trolling, plus some burst for the last level.

Personally I use a Growdin team with Echidna, Goliath and a Ronia for the last level.

1) AoE the Seeds. Use orb change if you don't have 5 Fire orbs. Then you have 2 turns to finish the Fruit

2) Easiest level. The Plants are on different timers usually, in case you have been harshly trolled use Echidna.

3) Tricky level, you have 3 turns to kill Flower and Fruit with the Tama spamming binds. Usually I use my Echidna here, to prevent the occasional troll bind on the lead (no more a problem since Growdin got the UEvo) and to have more breathing room to kill the two. Once they are death, stall on the Tama until your bursts are up.

4) If you have stalled enough you should have enough skills to do a big AoE attach that should take out the Yellow Fruit and severely damage the other two. The other two are hardly strong enough to not be tanked by a good team at this point, and once they are under 50% the wood attribute will make this a breeze, just don't mess the initial burst or they will skill lock you.

5) Get Blue Dragonfruit, cry yourself to sleep. Wait for other 50 Stamina, repeat.

Rixa

How do you beat it consistently?
Could you me your team?

Its this team:
Floor by bloor:

1. I try to kill Dragon seed with fire aoe (5 orbs minimun) and stall 1-2 turns.
2. Either stall or TPA everything, depends how many turns Plants have before they attack.
3. Use Cao Cao, target B-Tama, combo and try to get TPA or aoe.
- If your unit gets binded by B-Tama, stall as long as possible, so that bind / binds have 1 turn left when you kill B-Tama.
- Also if it seems desperate, rather use GZL here and kill B-Tama with TPA before it can bind your units.

4. Kill Blue fruit first, TPA as much as possible.
-> Better to kill Green first :).
-> I have noticed that its not exactly good to use Vishnu skill here. So many times I got > 5 wood orb skyfall thus ruining TPA...
- I have over 36k HP max so I can survive attack made by those 2 trifruits that are left (Fire & Green).
- TPA again and kill them.

I make sure that I have atleast 2 Verdandi activation left in floor 4. I can use one Verdandi skill before last floor if needed. Cao Cao skill in floor 3 helps much. Better to save GZL to last floor if possible. Tho its ok to use GZL at floor 3 and kill B-Tama, it just means that you need to do more combos & TPAs on last floor.

I havent tried clearing with my A.Shiva team, need to test it later when units are max leveled.

ZombAid82

Its this team:

Floor by bloor:

1. I try to kill Dragon seed with fire aoe (5 orbs minimun) and stall 1-2 turns.
2. Either stall or TPA everything, depends how many turns Plants have before they attack.
3. Use Cao Cao, target B-Tama, combo and try to get TPA or aoe.
- If your unit gets binded by B-Tama, stall as long as possible, so that bind / binds have 1 turn left when you kill B-Tama.
- Also if it seems desperate, rather use GZL here and kill B-Tama with TPA before it can bind your units.

4. Kill Blue fruit first, TPA as much as possible.
-> Better to kill Green first :).
-> I have noticed that its not exactly good to use Vishnu skill here. So many times I got > 5 wood orb skyfall thus ruining TPA...
- I have over 36k HP max so I can survive attack made by those 2 trifruits that are left (Fire & Green).
- TPA again and kill them.

I make sure that I have atleast 2 Verdandi activation left in floor 4. I can use one Verdandi skill before last floor if needed. Cao Cao skill in floor 3 helps much. Better to save GZL to last floor if possible. Tho its ok to use GZL at floor 3 and kill B-Tama, it just means that you need to do more combos & TPAs on last floor.

I havent tried clearing with my A.Shiva team, need to test it later when units are max leveled.

I don't know, how I could forget to type 'show'....

Thank you, for the suggestion, gonna try it later at home.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I got my account back!

Sort of...

Short blog/rant below! Spoilered to avoid annoying wall of text for those who don't care.

===============

I've been in contact with GungHo support probably upwards of 15 times since I quit, trying to get my account back in some way or another. It's always been met with failure for various reasons. We can't verify your account, the details you provided do not match the details of the account in question, the account appears to still be in use...Wait what?

That last one has always confused me. I don't quite understand how the account could have still been in use.

Well! I think I finally figured it out, and as a result, I am now playing with "my" account.

One way or another, my account was compromised. I have a feeling it was one of two things that could have happened (one involves my old phone where I last played the account, and the other involves a Google Plus photo backup issue where I may have accidentally shared a photo with my secret code and ID). I have been going back and forth with someone from support at GungHo, and they FINALLY revealed to me that someone input a Device Change Code within the past year (which falls AFTER I quit). This info was NEVER made available to me before, despite me showing piles and piles of pictures and proof of me spending actual money to verify the account.

Don't matter - the account had been inactive for quite some time now, so they said they could do some work with me to get it back. After sending their support team close to 50 pictures, it worked. They issued me a new Device Change Code and an ID. The rest is history!

===============

Now onto the real issue. Well I say issue. First world problems.

The person who used my account for the past year-ish did a number on my box. They were clearly whale tier like I was. I half wonder why they didn't try and liquidate the account on a forum or something because it's clearly worth some cash. I'll be posting my PADherder once I get it all updated.

I think they sold a bunch of my old gods for MP because there are 3 HKali's in my box. That seems kind of wasteful. I'll need some help getting acclimated to things again, but that will come. There's only a few leads to work with (and nearly ALL of my shit is gone that I loved). But the leads and teams I have for them are...Well, insane (hypermax DKali, Pandora, and DTron to name a few). The problem is that I need to get non-dark leads as that's primarily what's in this box now. Ronia and Ra are the only non-dark leads I can see for the moment. I mean, there's a Goemon, but it's not maxed nor evolved yet.

But I'm looking for friends again!

I'll post my PADherder once I'm done to see if someone wants to help explain what the hell I'm looking at.

linsivvi

I think they sold a bunch of my old gods for MP because there are 3 HKali's in my box. That seems kind of wasteful. I'll need some help getting acclimated to things again, but that will come. There's only a few leads to work with (and nearly ALL of my shit is gone that I loved). But the leads and teams I have for them are...Well, insane (hypermax DKali, Pandora, and DTron to name a few). The problem is that I need to get non-dark leads as that's primarily what's in this box now. Ronia and Ra are the only non-dark leads I can see for the moment. I mean, there's a Goemon, but it's not maxed nor evolved yet.

Being able to buy HKali from MP shop is pretty recent. Doesn't that mean the person who stole your account/bought it from a thief was still playing it up until you got your account back?

Anyway, assuming Ra is Awoken, that's about as powerful a non-dark lead as you can get, especially with the 3 HKalis.

ZeroAKA

Got it, thanks.

Here's a taste of my box right now. I'm still sorting through the shit that's in here now. 13 present eggs, loads of random descended drops, tamas, globes, pys...It's maddening. It's awesome that I've got this back, but my head hurts going through it, haha.
3 HKalis and a DKali? I almost wish a whale stole my account.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Being able to buy HKali from MP shop is pretty recent. Doesn't that mean the person who stole your account/bought it from a thief was still playing it up until you got your account back?

Anyway, assuming Ra is Awoken, that's about as powerful a non-dark lead as you can get, especially with the 3 HKalis.

I guess it's possible, but the email said it had "been inactive for some time". It's impossible to know what 'some time' is, but I'm not complaining. I literally pulled every bit of evidence I could find to support my claims. I mean, having spent multiple thousands of dollars on PAD "back in the day" seems like a lot, but I'm thinking that number is pennies to what some players have spent today. That's probably why me using that as an argument wasn't holding enough water.

3 HKalis and a DKali? I almost wish a whale stole my account.

Seeing as I spent thousands of dollars on my account before, it's almost like it just went from one whale to another, ha. My old account literally had every god except Ra and DTron. When the Heroes REM first rolled out, I spent 300+ stones hoping to a) complete the hero series and b) get a DTron. I completed the hero series, but never saw DTron. It was soul crushing at the time, ha.

I can only assume the guy who obtained my account did like I said in my spoiler above and sold all the shit I had sitting around once the MP system came into place. Nobody REALLY needed like 6 Sun Wukongs or piles of Hermes. :p

Welcome to DMeta town!:))

Play style is very different from what I'm used to. Ronia for days was all I played, so I'm having to get used to heart management. I also need to practice matching again to figure out how to play Ra effectively.

I guess it's possible, but the email said it had "been inactive for some time". It's impossible to know what 'some time' is, but I'm not complaining. I literally pulled every bit of evidence I could find to support my claims. I mean, having spent multiple thousands of dollars on PAD "back in the day" seems like a lot, but I'm thinking that number is pennies to what some players have spent today. That's probably why me using that as an argument wasn't holding enough water.

Seeing as I spent thousands of dollars on my account before, it's almost like it just went from one whale to another, ha. My old account literally had every god except Ra and DTron. When the Heroes REM first rolled out, I spent 300+ stones hoping to a) complete the hero series and b) get a DTron. I completed the hero series, but never saw DTron. It was soul crushing at the time, ha.

I can only assume the guy who obtained my account did like I said in my spoiler above and sold all the shit I had sitting around once the MP system came into place. Nobody REALLY needed like 6 Sun Wukongs or piles of Hermes. :p

Play style is very different from what I'm used to. Ronia for days was all I played, so I'm having to get used to heart management. I also need to practice matching again to figure out how to play Ra effectively.
You can actually find somebody on Reddit and Padherder listing that user ID as his own if you Google it...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can actually find somebody on Reddit and Padherder listing that user ID as his own if you Google it...

I see 5 of us with this ID on PADHerder. That's interesting...

I don't see the one on reddit, but I'm hunting now. I don't particularly care since I've now linked the account to my Google account and have the secret ID screenshotted and saved, but it's fascinating.

Congrats on getting your account back! I see the Fat chocobo in your PADherder - FF collaboration was in early November so the account was played at least a month ago.

Weird that the other person got you one of your most coveted cards lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Congrats on getting your account back! I see the Fat chocobo in your PADherder - FF collaboration was in early November so the account was played at least a month ago.

Weird that the other person got you one of your most coveted cards lol.

Yeah, desire sensor was real. Remember what we used to say - never roll for a specific god or you'll be disappointed. That's what broke me.

E: Moving forward, are gravity users still important? Or has that time come and gone?

Jagernaut

Yeah, desire sensor was real. Remember what we used to say - never roll for a specific god or you'll be disappointed. That's what broke me.

E: Moving forward, are gravity users still important? Or has that time come and gone?

Gravity is mostly dead but I do see Arena clears with Yomi Dragon leads and Zeus Stratios as a sub to use his gravity just for the Kali bosses at the end.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Gravity is mostly dead but I do see Arena clears with Yomi Dragon leads and Zeus Stratios as a sub to use his gravity just for the Kali bosses at the end.

Cool - I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

And I see Arena popping up a lot on reddit and such. What's the point of the Arena stuff? You get anything good from clearing it?

There is currently exactly one endgame use for gravity and that is on a monster with 30mil HP, who if you don't do 10m damage in the first turn (oh and there's a 50% shield too) one-shots you.

edit: you get a py for clearing it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There is currently exactly one endgame use for gravity and that is on a monster with 30mil HP, who if you don't do 10m damage in the first turn (oh and there's a 50% shield too) one-shots you.

edit: you get a py for clearing it

Wow - so that's a thing. Fascinating how much the game has changed. I'm pretty pleased with everything I'm reading about dungeons now. I'll never forget my first Zeus Dios clear and how I thought THAT was hard.

And I see Arena popping up a lot on reddit and such. What's the point of the Arena stuff? You get anything good from clearing it?
Bragging rights and a 100% skill up monster (random color). It's currently the toughest dungeon, 21 floors, 99 stamina/attempt, and no continues...

Jagernaut

99 stamina, 21 floors, no continues, random py at the end. Really hard to clear, haven't tried it yet.

Edit. Beaten.

smbu2000

What others have said above and...

Yeah, it's tough, but great for getting skill ups if you can clear it. Here is the dungeon info.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1456

I haven't tried it out myself. Maybe when I get my Yomi Dragon team up and running.

J0dy77

So I got my account back!

Sort of...

Short blog/rant below! Spoilered to avoid annoying wall of text for those who don't care.

===============

I've been in contact with GungHo support probably upwards of 15 times since I quit, trying to get my account back in some way or another. It's always been met with failure for various reasons. We can't verify your account, the details you provided do not match the details of the account in question, the account appears to still be in use...Wait what?

That last one has always confused me. I don't quite understand how the account could have still been in use.

Well! I think I finally figured it out, and as a result, I am now playing with "my" account.

One way or another, my account was compromised. I have a feeling it was one of two things that could have happened (one involves my old phone where I last played the account, and the other involves a Google Plus photo backup issue where I may have accidentally shared a photo with my secret code and ID). I have been going back and forth with someone from support at GungHo, and they FINALLY revealed to me that someone input a Device Change Code within the past year (which falls AFTER I quit). This info was NEVER made available to me before, despite me showing piles and piles of pictures and proof of me spending actual money to verify the account.

Don't matter - the account had been inactive for quite some time now, so they said they could do some work with me to get it back. After sending their support team close to 50 pictures, it worked. They issued me a new Device Change Code and an ID. The rest is history!

===============

Now onto the real issue. Well I say issue. First world problems.

The person who used my account for the past year-ish did a number on my box. They were clearly whale tier like I was. I half wonder why they didn't try and liquidate the account on a forum or something because it's clearly worth some cash. I'll be posting my PADherder once I get it all updated.

But I'm looking for friends again!

I'll post my PADherder once I'm done to see if someone wants to help explain what the hell I'm looking at.

Awesome. Welcome back!

Quantum

congratulations, its great to hear that Gunho came through in the end - I had a similar situation happen where I lost my account with a phone reset outside of the US before the ability to backup the account to gmail address.

It took me e-mailing Gungho daily for 8 weeks? I honestly don't remember, the customer service is terrible with the broken english form letter replies - its really infuriating. I think we talked about that in one of the older threads.

- Don't underestimate your value to Gungho - while there are certainly some people who spend constantly on the game, the number who have spend more than a thousand dollars US is extremely small (like less than 0.05% small) It is in Gunghos' interest to re-activate your account - Even if they "recreated" your account after reviewing the amount you have spent.

- Welcome back
- The mobs you have posted are impressive, I don't know what you had before but A.Ra remains one of the top leads and will certainly help you get back into the swing of high level comboing/matching.

ZeroAKA

Thanks to Godfest and the skill-up rotation, I finally found a use for the Devilits that I've been hoarding. I still have 35+ of them left after getting Satsuki to max skill...

Forgive me for being salty, but I've been failing Zaerog8 left and right the past few days. There is just so much wrong that can happen on the final floor and I feel like with A.Shiva I can't kill him unless I have at least 3 fire prongs available on the board, which of course is difficult to accomplish given the need to constantly heal, and work through blinds.

I got an Urd on my team to work through bad boards, but I often find I don't get enough red when I activate her but too much red to full combo with Shiva after using a secondary converter to change the blue.

Forgive me for being salty, but I've been failing Zaerog8 left and right the past few days. There is just so much wrong that can happen on the final floor and I feel like with A.Shiva I can't kill him unless I have at least 3 fire prongs available on the board, which of course is difficult to accomplish given the need to constantly heal, and work through blinds.

I got an Urd on my team to work through bad boards, but I often find I don't get enough red when I activate her but too much red to full combo with Shiva after using a secondary converter to change the blue.
Use a rainbow team.

Got it, thanks.

Here's a taste of my box right now. I'm still sorting through the shit that's in here now. 13 present eggs, loads of random descended drops, tamas, globes, pys...It's maddening. It's awesome that I've got this back, but my head hurts going through it, haha.

Glad you got your account back, but it seems weird what they did to it. You'd think they would have bought an MP dragon or something. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again, since someone obviously has your secret ID? I'd add you, but I doubt my leads would be helpful, unless you roll Typhon or Urd, though I might work on getting awoken Yomi but that will be awhile.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
congratulations, its great to hear that Gunho came through in the end - I had a similar situation happen where I lost my account with a phone reset outside of the US before the ability to backup the account to gmail address.

It took me e-mailing Gungho daily for 8 weeks? I honestly don't remember, the customer service is terrible with the broken english form letter replies - its really infuriating. I think we talked about that in one of the older threads.

- Don't underestimate your value to Gungho - while there are certainly some people who spend constantly on the game, the number who have spend more than a thousand dollars US is extremely small (like less than 0.05% small) It is in Gunghos' interest to re-activate your account - Even if they "recreated" your account after reviewing the amount you have spent.

- Welcome back
- The mobs you have posted are impressive, I don't know what you had before but A.Ra remains one of the top leads and will certainly help you get back into the swing of high level comboing/matching.

Yeah, I think I even responded to you saying something along the lines of "Fuck GungHo customer service". And I guess you could be right - maybe they finally caved and took care of me? Or said, "Hey look, this guy has tried to get his account back 10+ times <or whatever> - let's FINALLY hook him up."

Glad you got your account back, but it seems weird what they did to it. You'd think they would have bought an MP dragon or something. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again, since someone obviously has your secret ID? I'd add you, but I doubt my leads would be helpful, unless you roll Typhon or Urd, though I might work on getting awoken Yomi but that will be awhile.

As for what they did, I have a feeling there was a bit more at play. If it changed hands more than once, someone may have been malicious with it? I don't know. I'm honestly not even questioning it. GungHo hooked me up finally, so I'm going to just be happy with it and move forward. That said, weren't the MP dragons lackluster at the time of their release? That's my only "think out loud" way of justifying it? People do dumb things all the time.

Regarding the secret code, I would imagine it changes once you receive a Device Change? Not sure...I'll check my old screenshot and see if it's different.

Please feel free to add me. I want to be of any help I can to the community again. :)

Jagernaut

Use a rainbow team.

No, use Awoken Bastet and it's very straightforward unless you fail the 6 combos on Zaerog8's 1st form.

I use:

A. Bastet
Liu Bei
Ultimate Verdandi
Ultimate Vishnu
Leeza - any quick orb changer works, Leeza can help fix bad Verdandi boards
A. Bastet

- this team has +3 seconds move time.

Only Verdandi and Bastet friend have any plusses. Bastet is useful for mass attacks on the early stages. Use Vishnu while killing Heavy Metal Dragon to get extra green orbs for Zaerog8's 1st form. Use Bastet on the first turn of his 2nd form to make him debuff instead of binding and clean up the board if necessary. Use Liu Bei or Verdandi on the 2nd turn to try to one shot. 2 two prongs and 7 combo should kill. If he survives and heals back he will be blue so use another active to finish.

For Shiva users bring a sub with a buff (Krishna?) to make him debuff and skip the bind or bring an unbindable sub with bind clear like Ame or Fire Dragon Knight. Either way you can spend the first turn cleaning up the board for the killshot.

Edit. Shiva has a lower atk multiplier than Bastet so you might need a damage booster to one shot Zaerog8. Not sure.

None of my green cards are hypermaxed and my green sub pool is lackluster anyways, so that's probably a non-starter. And I switched to Shiva from a rainbow team because Vegitto's damage was insufficient to ohko him, so I don't think that'd be a good idea either.

Maybe I should just Kirin it for kicks and see what happens lol

Top Bottom