• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I haven't tried Z8 with Shiva yet. My Bastet team is as safe as it gets though, so I'll second that suggestion. I run Meimei, GZL, Cu Chu, and Verdandi. Most of my failures come from floor 9, but occasionally I screw up against the super kings or the red pirate Dragon.

Rixa

Please feel free to add me. I want to be of any help I can to the community again. :)

I threw you a friend request Rixa@GAF. Iam kinda new player (started june 2015). Dunno if my leaders are any help for you: 1st. A.Lakshmi, 2nd place (BFs see this) A.Shiva and 3rd. Verdandi which will be my first hypermax at somepoint.

Jagernaut

None of my green cards are hypermaxed and my green sub pool is lackluster anyways, so that's probably a non-starter. And I switched to Shiva from a rainbow team because Vegitto's damage was insufficient to ohko him, so I don't think that'd be a good idea either.

Maybe I should just Kirin it for kicks and see what happens lol

You don't need a hypermax team with Bastet if you can hit 6 or 7 combos, I have a +100 Verdandi and a hypermax Bastet friend no other plusses. You can even use farmables with at least one 2 prong like ADKZ and G/R Cu Chulain if everyone is skilled up.

razterik

So I got my account back!

Sort of...

Welcome back. Sent an invite.

The box you posted is just bizarre. Almost no real focus besides the Ronia, Dark Tron or Pandora teams, which are mostly outdated. A.Ra with a Dark Kali but no Light Kalis? I suppose you could go double HalloKali, Toki, Kushi and then eventually sub Sun Quan and throw in Dark Kali. Dark Tron is getting stronger now, so there's a few things to build with her, switch one or both Haku to Awoken forms, add Pandora and maybe Persephone, Zaerog Infinity would be a good sub. A.Yomi is something to consider if you have the skills because your subs are mostly there or are farmable.

On the bright side, you don't really have to worry about rolling dupes in Godfests anymore!

Forgive me for being salty, but I've been failing Zaerog8 left and right the past few days.

Yeah, I know these feels. When my only decent lead was A.Shiva, I had a ton of trouble on Z8 because without a boost he almost always fell short of doing enough damage on the final floor. I would like to say there's an easy solution, but really I just gave up and switched to running a less developed A.Ra, or lately A.Sakuya or ShivDra with friend's skill delay resist.

Tried ASak on Z8, got mercilessly orb trolled the entire dungeon until I fell against the super kings.

Tried ASak on Z&H on my NA account, never got orb trolled and blew past all the usual BS, ???????

Finally had another Z8 clear, this time I actually had him drop below 50%, go to blue, and heal back up, then I got two straight turns of double red prong matches and killed him with Shiva anyways?!

jay23

What sub's did you use on your Shiva team to deal with binds on zaerog? Or what monster did u use for a buff?

And funny enough Z&H never give me any problems, I find Sonia gran descended a lot more difficult.

Jonsoncao

Banned
What sub's did you use on your Shiva team to deal with binds on zaerog? Or what monster did u use for a buff?

And funny enough Z&H never give me any problems, I find Sonia gran descended a lot more difficult.

Popular choices are:
(non-REM) Himiko, Diza, Jotunn, Hysferzen
(REM): Phoenix Rider (best one if you fed piis already), Ame no Uzume, Krishna, Freyr

I just tank the hits after bind; I have just enough HP after levelup to survive the worst of the attacks. If one Shiva gets bound I'll probably use the available Shiva's heart enhance to heal up, if both get bound I'll use Urd and pray I get enough heart orbs.

hermit7

Been farming fist of the north star for a little while today. Got Ken to level 4 and Toki to 3. Also got a bunch of Yuria cards that I am tempted to start levelling.

I don't know if Yuria is worth buying or not, I have some pretty decent cards for it if I chose too, apocalypse, 2 dq, raph, Thor, wokung etc. But I don't know if the investment alone is worth it compared to mp dragons.

Saw a clear of yamato rush using dual grodin leads. Thinking of trying it out, but I don't know if I can handle the mind-numbingness. The last time I tried to cheese a dungeon (legendary earth challenge mode) I lost focus on the first attempt and had to try again.

jay23

Popular choices are:
(non-REM) Himiko, Diza, Jotunn, Hysferzen
(REM): Phoenix Rider (best one if you fed piis already), Ame no Uzume, Krishna, Freyr

I just tank the hits after bind; I have just enough HP after levelup to survive the worst of the attacks. If one Shiva gets bound I'll probably use the available Shiva's heart enhance to heal up, if both get bound I'll use Urd and pray I get enough heart orbs.

Thanks I have Phoenix rider and ame no uzume I haven't fed any piis to Phoenix rider, it's bs they made his skill up material part of a collab we may never get.

coy

Man, nicoga that is some funky adventure for your account. I'm glad the account has been retrieved, chopped up as it is. You do have good pieces and a few good rolls will set you up nicely.

Okamid3n

FINALLY cleared Yamato Rush with Shiva. This dungeon is crazy.

HinoKagu decided to hit every single one of my party members with atleast 2 turns of delay, and skyfalls bought him below 50%, so he bound my whole team for two turns. I somehow still survived through the two turns of bind he gave me because he went for his weaker attacks at least once. Then, I had like 2000 hp left, Kagu was at 40%, My board was full of red because Kagu changed a color to red, I had no heart orbs on the board and my Yamato wasn't ready yet to create heart orbs. So I delayed Kagu with CaoCao's active and purposefully made a huge blob of red orbs and less than 4 combos to not finish Kagu off. Then, with Yamato, I managed to get a grand total of 5 heart orbs on the board and I needed to heal fully with them, which I did.

That allowed me to barely tank Goemon's pre-emptive without Diza's shield. Then, I had enough heart orbs to heal back to full. Also, with Diza's shield, I am able to barely survive Goemon's big <30% attack, so I survived that and finally beat the dungeon.

I think Shiva might be one of the worst top teams for this dungeon. Makes Wadatsumi that much harder, makes it really hard to stall on kaguya (green) and Hino (creates tons of red orbs), there are devil binds in two places, etc. I really need to finish my Sakuya team for dungeons like this.

EDIT : Thinking about it, ASakuya is a terrible idea for this dungeon, just terrible.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, nicoga that is some funky adventure for your account. I'm glad the account has been retrieved, chopped up as it is. You do have good pieces and a few good rolls will set you up nicely.

Thanks - yeah, the account is all over the place. But it should make the next Godfest fun (and SUPER useful, ha).

Question...

Has the landscape for leveling changed? I have some other decent monsters that need leveling, but I don't really know if coin dungeons have made life easier for that or not.

Okamid3n

I'm non-IAP (so I don't roll that often) and they hand out a lot more snowglobes than they used to, so every good unit I get now gets leveled with a Snow Globe. I have a reserve of 10+ snowglobes right now.

Other than that, there are now better king dungeons that appear relatively often, like the one we get tomorrow as an urgent dungeon :

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1427

Is there such a thing as a "stable" team for Yamato rush? I can put together a passable version of most teams (no Ra or MP Dragons) but I can't think of any way to make it safe without cheesing it. I had a pretty good run going with A.Haku/Ra, but once again, skyfall killed Kagu before I could get him below 50%. Seems like a real risk no matter what team I use.

I'm wondering if my SS Isis team is the way to go here. Damage output isn't huge without actives, so there's less chance of triggering resolves. Plus she pretty tanky. I may try her out before I go the Grodin cheese route.

linsivvi

Thanks - yeah, the account is all over the place. But it should make the next Godfest fun (and SUPER useful, ha).

Question...

Has the landscape for leveling changed? I have some other decent monsters that need leveling, but I don't really know if coin dungeons have made life easier for that or not.

Yes, a lot. Super King Carnival is an urgent dungeon that drops only super kings and queens and the dungeon is on today. It gives the best xp/stamina ratio. So throw some stones at it if you feel like it.

Extreme King Metal Dragon is also a decent source of xp just not as good.

Pal machine now costs 500 points and one of the rotations is king metal dragons or above only. So if you save up pal points for that you'll get tons of xp too.

Other than that, we get off event challenges that usually gives 2 max leveled noel dragons for clearing the top level.

Dandte

Accidentally pulled the pal machine 10 Times, thought today was exp Dragons....well i got the Phoenix for My awoken Shiva, now back to Finding a Plan how to get jewels. Atm i can only rely on mp or the evo machine.

smbu2000

Pulled on the 250 rank memorial REM with both of my accounts.

Picked up Liu Bei #2 on my iPad. (probably don't need a second one...)
Picked up Tsubaki #2 on my (main account) iPhone. (Could be useful, but I haven't even max skilled my first one.)

Thank you for the King PAL REM coming back. I was able to use a lot of those gift PAL points from the first half of the event to max level Yomi Dragon on both of my accounts. I needed about 4.5 million on my iPad and 5.5 million on my iPhone. Glad to have both of them at max level and I've also 297'ed them. Now I just need to uevo them. (Still need 2 badpys on my iPhone as well.)

Looking forward to using him.

J0dy77

Question...

Leveling cards is ridiculously easy now, to the point where new pulls become instantly max leveled. You'll get a ton of snow globes from the challenge dungeons that you can stay away. The pal rem now cycles between evo and enhance matts that guarantees a ton of kings and super kings. It's a constant stream of experience.

ZombAid82

Its this team:

Floor by bloor:

1. I try to kill Dragon seed with fire aoe (5 orbs minimun) and stall 1-2 turns.
2. Either stall or TPA everything, depends how many turns Plants have before they attack.
3. Use Cao Cao, target B-Tama, combo and try to get TPA or aoe.
- If your unit gets binded by B-Tama, stall as long as possible, so that bind / binds have 1 turn left when you kill B-Tama.
- Also if it seems desperate, rather use GZL here and kill B-Tama with TPA before it can bind your units.

4. Kill Blue fruit first, TPA as much as possible.
-> Better to kill Green first :).
-> I have noticed that its not exactly good to use Vishnu skill here. So many times I got > 5 wood orb skyfall thus ruining TPA...
- I have over 36k HP max so I can survive attack made by those 2 trifruits that are left (Fire & Green).
- TPA again and kill them.

I make sure that I have atleast 2 Verdandi activation left in floor 4. I can use one Verdandi skill before last floor if needed. Cao Cao skill in floor 3 helps much. Better to save GZL to last floor if possible. Tho its ok to use GZL at floor 3 and kill B-Tama, it just means that you need to do more combos & TPAs on last floor.

I havent tried clearing with my A.Shiva team, need to test it later when units are max leveled.

I tried it two times, and both time I failed :-((((((
I think my problem is, I don't have a heavy hitter like Vishnu or GZL.....
Tried with Verd, CaoCao, ChuChu, A-Susano,Leilan(or was it secong verd?)
and Hyper Verd friend.....
FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK
100 Staminas down the drain.....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Leveling cards is ridiculously easy now, to the point where new pulls become instantly max leveled. You'll get a ton of snow globes from the challenge dungeons that you can stay away. The pal rem now cycles between evo and enhance matts that guarantees a ton of kings and super kings. It's a constant stream of experience.

Cool - thanks for the tips (from you and everyone).

Already spent stones to upgrade my damn box, haha. GungHo gettin mah ca$h.

Aegir that drops today - any good?

Quantum

- were we supposed to get pii's for the stream 14 days ago?

- I'm so salty about the recent challenge dungeons - I'm trying to be cool about it, but its like the game throws up a RNG wall that no matter how skilled you are you can't pass forcing you to burn sta.

- I have no interest in running normal dungeons, spending time evoing drops to have them not skill up cards that I'm not sure I'm going to use.

- 10 days away from my 1k chip, trying to find ways to keep the game relevant but:

1) I don't have the desire to try to level, skill and plus another team so that I can fail repeatedly due to RNG
2) disappointed with recent GFE additions - while they try to limit the creep, the teams require more focus and time only to be hampered by RNG/luck based challenges.
3) my desire sensor is high for the most rare mobs, I have no way of getting them without significant additional investment - when I do (bikinitron,summer pand) there is no support for them and they just become trophies instead of making me want to create teams around them.
4) MP was a great idea, but I'm unclear why everything is so expensive - I understand that it is geared to high level and big spenders, but considering I have worked on at one time or another over twenty teams, there is little chance of me running out of desire for more.

- I still like the game, and enjoy playing - regardless of how my concerns appear - I'm just confused if going forward the game is going to continue to release challenge dungeons that depend on RNG versus Skill.

When I started playing the initial challenge dungeons were all about creating teams - piecemeal - to beat a dungeon that was initially challenging in a unique way, after it was beaten and could routinely be cleared another challenge was though up and we had to change our approach to the game. I don't see that anymore, but hope that the game stays relevant.

TLDR/ Trying to keep the game interesting after playing for 989 days.

linsivvi

Cool - thanks for the tips (from you and everyone).

Already spent stones to upgrade my damn box, haha. GungHo gettin mah ca$h.

Aegir that drops today - any good?

It's evolve mats for I&I.

It's basically what most descend monsters have become these days, with a few exceptions.

Kyuur

Mecha-Hera (coop dungeon drop, harder than Legend-Plus) revealed, courtesy of PDX:

Awoken Machine Hera
Machine type
1000 weighted stats
Active: 30% gravity. 1 haste.
LS: 3x ATK when above 80% HP. During co-op mode, 2.5x ATK and RCV to all cards.
lyVMcrI.jpg

Thoughts on the two mystery awakenings? Second one is clearly related to god typing, no idea on the first one. Looks kind of like fingers, I have no idea what they could do with that other than the existing time bonus. Free movement?

Rixa

- were we supposed to get pii's for the stream 14 days ago?

Today we had that Puzzle Champ int dungeon that gave Tamadra (and stone).
I think we will have 3 similar dungeons still to come that has Py as enemy and drop the stone and you have 24h time to clear it.
So I think those dungeons are the rewards from that Twitch stream.

I might be completely wrong tho :).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Mecha-Hera (coop dungeon drop, harder than Legend-Plus) revealed, courtesy of PDX:

Thoughts on the two mystery awakenings? Second one is clearly related to god typing, no idea on the first one. Looks kind of like fingers, I have no idea what they could do with that other than the existing time bonus. Free movement?

Have they announced how co-op mechanics will work? If I were to guess, it would be that it's a time extend awakening that applies to both teams.

Have they announced how co-op mechanics will work? If I were to guess, it would be that it's a time extend awakening that applies to both teams.
Yeah it's been in public alpha testing in JP for a few weeks. The awakening looks like the sigil on the multiplay dungeon doors so it's probably some kind of boost for using her in that mode.

I manage to find a different way to fail Z8 every time. This time I got past floor 9 easily, and was so excited/relieved that I forgot to activate Bastet on the next turn. I'm ready to never have to run this dungeon again. Only 3 skill ups to go...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah it's been in public alpha testing in JP for a few weeks. The awakening looks like the sigil on the multiplay dungeon doors so it's probably some kind of boost for using her in that mode.

Nifty - I should look around the internet a bit and see what's out there. Cool concept!

Also, went into Thoth & Sopdet Mythical to see what it was. I don't think I need either Sopdet or Thoth, but I'll hang onto them as they drop. Nothing too fancy, but it's definitely eye opening to see how much dungeons have changed since the days I played regularly. I'll always remember my first clear of Mythical Dios, ha.

Nifty - I should look around the internet a bit and see what's out there. Cool concept!

Also, went into Thoth & Sopdet Mythical to see what it was. I don't think I need either Sopdet or Thoth, but I'll hang onto them as they drop. Nothing too fancy, but it's definitely eye opening to see how much dungeons have changed since the days I played regularly. I'll always remember my first clear of Mythical Dios, ha.
Try out Aegir Descended blind when it comes out later tonight. It should be uhh.... interesting for you.

That feeling when you do combos for Awoken Ra, only to find out at the last second you missed or screwed up a color and there isn't enough time to fix it.

Use Vishnu while killing Heavy Metal Dragon to get extra green orbs for Zaerog8's 1st form. Use Bastet on the first turn of his 2nd form to make him debuff instead of binding and clean up the board if necessary. Use Liu Bei or Verdandi on the 2nd turn to try to one shot. 2 two prongs and 7 combo should kill. If he survives and heals back he will be blue so use another active to finish.
I guess it's okay if you are able to store some green orbs when going from floor 8 to floor 9. Skyfall active can still screw you over since they can drop in multiples and immediately get used up on the previous floor.

Running rainbow decreases the variance of damage since you'll be pinging down the first form of Z8 anyway. You'd have to be really unlucky not to have enough orbs to do 16+ damage across two turns with a rainbow team.

Tried ASak on Z8, got mercilessly orb trolled the entire dungeon until I fell against the super kings.

Tried ASak on Z&H on my NA account, never got orb trolled and blew past all the usual BS, ???????
Lkali > A.Sak, confirmed

But yeah, I've had runs what I had to burn my Lkali boards in the first three floors.

MiTYH

Hey all, sorry for the newbish comment. Is now a good time to reroll? I used to play this a lot, but long ago, now I'm coming back to it but yikes there's a lot I need to catch up on. Not sure if there's a good time since I think I just missed one...

Currently rolled and got The Four Leaf Clover Thumbalina. Seems like a decent enough unit to keep. Did another reroll on another device and got Susano, so not sure which is better or if I should reroll in a few days

Rixa

Hey all, sorry for the newbish comment. Is now a good time to reroll? I used to play this a lot, but long ago, now I'm coming back to it but yikes there's a lot I need to catch up on. Not sure if there's a good time since I think I just missed one...

Currently rolled and got The Four Leaf Clover Thumbalina. Seems like a decent enough unit to keep. Did another reroll on another device and got Susano, so not sure which is better or if I should reroll in a few days

Dont go with Thumbelina. You can reroll now, its not great time (no God Fest) unless from Collab Yuria is good leader (some other players can say if it is or not).
Reddit has good guide for rerolling.

Top Bottom