• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Got all the mats needed for awoken i&i later today, just need to beat aegir.

Not sure what I will use her for, but their burst and awakenings are pretty good so that will be helpful.

I am more excited for the next batch of uevos to come out (angels) but those will be in a few weeks I think.

Ok thanks to descended challenge and an abundance of mats I reverted my ultimate (light/green) Kirin and got an awoken Kirin.

And I have this +50 hp tama just sitting here...

So the options are Awoken Bastet (which took down zearog8 for that tama, great team lots of subs ultimate verdandi, ultimate Vishnu, awoken susano, ultimate Liu Biu, ultimate Perseus, GZL, and Leeza to round out options) awoken Ra (team consists of hkali, l.meta, Izanagi, and a variable green sub). My safe colead is light Kali, optimal is Another A.Ra). And now this awoken Kirin.

What are Optimal subs for awoken Kirin?

hermit7

Ok thanks to descended challenge and an abundance of mats I reverted my ultimate (light/green) Kirin and got an awoken Kirin.

So the options are Awoken Bastet (which took down zearog8 for that tama, great team lots of subs ultimate verdandi, ultimate Vishnu, awoken susano, ultimate Liu Biu, ultimate Perseus, GZL, and Leeza to round out options) awoken Ra (team consists of hkali, l.meta, Izanagi, and a variable green sub). My safe colead is light Kali, optimal is Another A.Ra). And now this awoken Kirin.

When I run kirin I am running hkali, Lkali, chibi valk, susano

Most are max skilled except for hkali (refuses to skill up) but susano is really good, unbindable in off colors so you can always activate and the reduction is just useful.

Hkali being off type is not too big a deal for me, I would rather trade a little bit of damage for the guaranteed proc that she provides.

yami4ct

Awoken Sakuya

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya

It will depend on how good you are. If you are Paprika you will want 2 L Kali, Chibi Valk, Elia or Pollux.

If you suck, a more balance team might be better Yomi for time extension, D kali to make hearts and Susano for damage reduction.

I'm running Sakuya/L. Kali/L. Kali/A. Susano/Verche/Sakuya.

I'm having decent luck. Susano works wonders on that team for me. I'd love to replace Verche with Elia, but she's going to take a huge investment to work out. Would kill for a Chibi Valk, but I also kind of wouldn't want to break hearts on that team because of its relatively shallow HP pool. I desperately need Kali skillups as well. Mostly I just need to get better at comboing in rougher scenarios. When the board is scattered, I tend to panic and screw myself.

Just some impressions from someone just getting an A. Sakuya up and running.

Quantum

I am a space cadet today - I gathered the mats to evo a sopd to awaken another ra and I needed only 2k more exp - so I fed a dark bubble.

the one I needed to evo sopd to awaken ra.

of course I can't get one to drop due to desire sensor - but, seriously...

Okamid3n

Yea, that dungeon was by far the easiest new descend in a while thanks to that board size. Sakuya destroys it, I got something like 6 million damage per sub on one turn at some point.

This is what I needed after the horror that was Yamato Rush.

razterik

Bought JP Tama Village and spent 10 stones for one single Rodin skill up. 3x skill ups can get fucked. I think I would have full awakenings on my whole box before I finished. Very tempted to sell him for MP and pretend I never rolled him. That could have been over 400 plus eggs instead.

Sitting on 35 Yuria Tamas in NA and I still haven't finished Raoh. Almost want to buy Yuria just to see if those would max skill her. Don't have DQ, Apocalypse or Saria though.

This game is incredibly addicting and I fear how far I'll push it.

Just started the game for the first time three days and apparently my RNG is ridiculous (according to my friend who introduced me to the game).

My first roll was Hermes (at lvl 30 due to the blue gala event).

Used him to push the dungeons as much as possible so I would be able to get 5 rolls (my box size is still incredibly small.)

My first 5 rolls were:

Hermes
Fuma Kotaro
Hatsume no Tsubone
Purple Grimoire, Goetia
Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan

Simply insane.

Using Hermes, Hatsume and a Marine Goblin I was about the finish the Tower of Satan by end of second day (at rank ~30).

The addiction (and grind) is real!

yami4ct

This game is incredibly addicting and I fear how far I'll push it.

Just started the game for the first time three days and apparently my RNG is ridiculous (according to my friend who introduced me to the game).

My first roll was Hermes (at lvl 30 due to the blue gala event).

Used him to push the dungeons as much as possible so I would be able to get 5 rolls (my box size is still incredibly small.)

My first 5 rolls were:

Hermes
Fuma Kotaro
Hatsume no Tsubone
Purple Grimoire, Goetia
Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan

Simply insane.

Using Hermes, Hatsume and a Marine Goblin I was about the finish the Tower of Satan by end of second day (at rank ~30).

The addiction (and grind) is real!

Hold all your future stones for godfests, if you didn't already know. you've got some good and pretty rare REM subs there, but nothing will be a good leader long term. You're going to want to focus on Godfests full of good leaders. I'm thinking Egyptian 1.0 for sure, maybe Indian 1.0 and 2.0. Chinese Godfest is on the edge. Most of those are just really good subs, but then you have Kirin.

Hold all your future stones for godfests, if you didn't already know. you've got some good and pretty rare REM subs there, but nothing will be a good leader long term. You're going to want to focus on Godfests full of good leaders. I'm thinking Egyptian 1.0 for sure, maybe Indian 1.0 and 2.0. Chinese Godfest is on the edge. Most of those are just really good subs, but then you have Kirin.

Thats my kinda close to my current plans. I'll probably use stones until I have around 100 box size (I'm currently at 45 right now) and then start hoarding.

In the meantime, I'll be farming "Dragons of the Tower" and "Voice of the Sirens" to level up Hermes, Hatsume and Siren as well as ranking up from 40-66ish.

Current main lineup is Hemres, Hatsume, Siren, Fenrir Knight and Dub-sapphilit

Quantum

jrZU01w.png

I'm not sure what I'm going for - but I had to do something with the ra brigade.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did legend with a Ronia team and mythical with a Ra team. It's clear after that dungeon how important awakening synergy is now.

The game has changed.

Rixa

Are you on my list? Whichever of the two of you who wanted it is lower rank/less days can have it. :)
Rank 224 here, soon 225.
Sitting on 35 Yuria Tamas in NA and I still haven't finished Raoh. Almost want to buy Yuria just to see if those would max skill her. Don't have DQ, Apocalypse or Saria though.
Thanks for the suggestion.I might try few pulls from collab today.
-> Didnt get Yuria.
I have DQ, Apocalypse, Saria (and Kanna).
But I dont have Yuria.

There was a time not many months ago, when I was afraid this dungeon....

Time has changed.
So trivial now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woops. Tried the Hera Rush blind. Things were fine for my Pandora team. Until that last preemptive strike, hahaha. What percentage does DTron reduce damage by?

Quantum

why even

Sitting on 15k MP? I sold my dupe Ras because there's nothing they can do that can't be done with a different team.

I had a reason initially for dual awoken Ra's - for the life of me I cant remember it now.

I did an initial cleaning of my deck and sold most gods with more than two with some notable exceptions - Kali - I apparently have four and could sell one I guess, L meta - I still have four for some reason, Ra - I like ra, maybe just a favorite -

I have only picked up a few things from the mp store - most notably the shiva dragon - after working on that team and clearing most content with it, even though its considered a farming lead, I've lost interest it the other MP dragons and recent MP offerings.

I'm sitting on about 250k mp and could do a second cleaning which would afford me another MP mob - but I am not in a rush and maybe something more interesting will pop up.

I guess I'm also a bit unwilling to sell because I've stopped my IAP since the summer REM. Potentially when I start buying stuff again I'll be more willing to clean up my deck again.

coy

Just had my first PAD dream after 3 years of play. I don't remember much but the boards were insanely huge, something like 31x30 in size. I was watching it as a spectator and the gametype was versus play. Also, the people playing had W/D Neptune vs. Icedragon Plesios as leads. Nothing really exciting except a ridiculous combo count due to the board size.

I did fall asleep as I was playing a bit. I wanted to burn some stamina and try to farm +eggs, but have never had the game seep into my subconscious. Maybe because I was doing OoH that was why Neptune?

J0dy77

The great thing about awoken Kirin is that there isn't one optimal team like with awoken yomi. You aren't bound to active skills either so it really comes down to whatever fits the dungeon.

I'm currently running awoken yomi, d. Kali, l. Kali and susano for most dungeons. I'll drop yomi for sun quan when I need a delay or dizanami when I need an extra tanky build.

Long term I'd like to drop d. Kali for another l. Kali and focus on more of a light team. I'd also really like an Elia but haven't had her drop yet and that's a very long term project.

She's the best lead I've ever had by a long margin, she has so few weaknesses. Laughs at bind, burst through everything, tanks, fully skill block resistant.

Side note : having a very good morning. Finished ninja fireworks in challenge dungeon for the last 50 + tamadra. Susano is now at 208 eggs without even trying.

Aegir went down really easy on both difficulties. 7x6 is laughable for kirin leader skill.

J0dy77

Woops. Tried the Hera Rush blind. Things were fine for my Pandora team. Until that last preemptive strike, hahaha. What percentage does DTron reduce damage by?

What leads do you have nico? The meta has changed drastically since you played. Focus on a kirin or ra team. Pandora has fallen to sub duties.

razterik

Pandora team with 35% shield needs ~20.6k HP to survive Hera preempt. I would lead with Dark Tron instead. Higher damage multiplier and boosts HP. Take first hit from Ur and you should be able to coast through, orb change when necessary and use Pandora before Sowilo to heal. She'll probably lock your skills, so stall and heal while she eats dark orbs. Wait for Pandora again to heal up against the preemptive.

Pandora team with 35% shield needs ~20.6k HP to survive Hera preempt. I would lead with Dark Tron instead. Higher damage multiplier and boosts HP. Take first hit from Ur and you should be able to coast through, orb change when necessary and use Pandora before Sowilo to heal. She'll probably lock your skills, so stall and heal while she eats dark orbs. Wait for Pandora again to heal up against the preemptive.
Worst part of changing to Awoken Haku: can no longer laugh at Ur's water bind when running Dmeta leads.

razterik

Worst part of changing to Awoken Haku: can no longer laugh at Ur's water bind when running Dmeta leads.

True, but I don't think he's switched his to A.Haku yet. Can use Pandora early to clear some of the bind, but I won't deny that it's a bit of a problem. Best solution is to not bring her Awoken if you have other subs; there's no real need for a board change here.

hermit7

Well have been running FotNS for skills on toki and Ken for some reason have have maxed out toki. I am not sure if I will ever use them but having them skilled up is always nice. Hopefully next time they come around they might be more useful. Also having a 100 percent should reducer is useful, never know when it is going to be needed.

Damage reducer too for that matter, but only one turn is kind of unfortunate.

Jagernaut

Awoken Bastet comes through again. I beat Hera Rush again (another stone since my last clear was part of a challenge) and S ranked it without even trying. Then I crushed Aegir descended, one shotting Freyr through his 50% shield with a Liu Bei active on the way to the boss.

I used Perseus and Vishnu instead of Susano and Leeza for Aegir. Leeza is a poor orb changer for the bigger board.

Yamato Rush seems very doable with the right Dmeta team. Took me two tries to clear it but I probably could've won on the first attempt if I hadn't underestimated my damage and knocked Goemon into rage mode.

Only Nordis and Zera left but I also need a few more Sun Quan skill ups...

True, but I don't think he's switched his to A.Haku yet. Can use Pandora early to clear some of the bind, but I won't deny that it's a bit of a problem. Best solution is to not bring her Awoken if you have other subs; there's no real need for a board change here.
Yeah, I was just looking at my own converted Haku with half-regret. Loss of rows and getting an extra water vulnerability in exchange for a skill bind resist and haste seems like a sidegrade wrt to her use on a Dmeta team (making the switch was the right call though since the awoken version is much better for Yomi). I probably should leave Haku behind in dungeons with Ur, even if it means fewer +eggs on the team.

Rixa

Sigh, first floor my first meeting with this:
2 Stoned thru, once 1st floor, 2nd time due to mistake, on 10th floor. Mistake was to use: A.O. skill on 9th floor. My first run on this and I already hate the dungeon. Do gazillion combos or else fuck you.

Edit:

Did a 6 combo and then 5 combo to Zaerog. I just can't understand why I can't beat this.

I've been struggling with this as well, I hate Zaerog so much. Can't wait to beat it once and be done with it for good.

Iam on the same boat. Tho I havent even tried that fucker dungeon and it will take time me to even try it.

J0dy77

Did a 6 combo and then 5 combo to Zaerog. I just can't understand why I can't beat this.

I've been struggling with this as well, I hate Zaerog so much. Can't wait to beat it once and be done with it for good.

Is the randomness and traps that get you. Having the zaerog round 8 where he has one turn cool down and then the round 9 timer decrease when you need to match 6 are bs. Throw orb trolling on top and it is a recipe for wasted stamina.

smbu2000

Well this was a pretty good event for me. 297'ed the Yomi Dragon on my iPad. 297'ed the Yomi Dragon on my iPhone as well as my A.Haku and got my 2nd Haku up to 240. Just need to uevo my Yomi Dragons and make my 2nd A.Haku.

I'm very happy with how things went overall. Getting closer to having a decent Yomi Dragon team.

Also managed to max skill most of the gold eggs I got from the Sunday REM, including Ushi and Tora, Lum, Recca, Aladdin and almost finished Alibaba. (I don't have Inuyasha.)
I also max skilled my Ares and Artemis.
Is the randomness and traps that get you. Having the zaerog round 8 where he has one turn cool down and then the round 9 timer decrease when you need to match 6 are bs. Throw orb trolling on top and it is a recipe for wasted stamina.
Yeah, the orb trolls can sometimes get you. One time I tried it with my Bastet team and on both tries I had only 1 or 2 green orbs appear. I was able to make at least 6 combos both turns, but he still took me out with his attack because I couldn't use a skill to make green orbs.

I have much more success using my A.Ra team on Z8.

Jagernaut

Now that skill delay resist awakenings are available are there any good fool proof farming teams for Zaerog8 that can take out his 1st form without matching 6 combos?

hermit7

Now that skill delay resist awakenings are available are there any good fool proof farming teams for Zaerog8 that can take out his 1st form without matching 6 combos?

I have seen people using them on charge monsters like shivadra and such so they can then pop their skill for other cards.

Rodin or other poison monsters are really effective without shield.

Top Bottom