• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

Nice Rixa... Skill haven't gotten an invade or a drop of both of them. Haven't played that much these last couple of days still weird... Wait for Elia goes on.
Thanks, first time I got invade :). Been farming +eggs today (and yesterday). Going to miss some rcv eggs still.

razterik

Well this was a pretty good event for me.

Do you IAP? I'm always amazed at how many plus eggs and skill ups you farm during events, especially on two accounts.

I managed to +297 Ares and Ilya after running Kanetsugu all 10x. Didn't bother with skill ups on two Mori and had little success with Rodin. Moving right on to Apocalypse now, hope the next 2.5x is better for me than 3x was.

jay23

FUCK YEA FINALLY!!!

e3bOcWS.jpg

I FINALLY BEAT Z8 JESUS CHRIST

CONGRATS we finally made it out of that hellhole

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
FINALLY !!!

Man this is by far the most unfair dungeon i have played so far. Even if you play as good as possible you will get screwed over. I spent 3 orbs earlier to max skill Wee Jas and thought...okay lets do this you have your green Cleric now, he is low level but it doesnt matter since his stats suck anyway.

Took me 3 attempts to clear the stage..this happened on my 2nd...i was like WTF, this game is killing me.

So happy that i could finally clear the stage - Wee Jas is MVP against Hino - unbinding + delay = SUCCESS. On my clear run i had all skills except Susano/WeeJas up for the boss fight and i still could have been screwed if Goemon had binded me again.

Only Nordis left to complete the Challenge - will give it a shot tomorrow before the Challenge ends. Will be tough with his wood resistance.
Thanks, first time I got invade :). Been farming +eggs today (and yesterday). Going to miss some rcv eggs still.
Oh wow..didnt even know that 3x was going on - didnt farm for any eggs this week.
Nice! Now go beat Yamato Rush. Then tell me how you did it...
45 and counting. Still have 2 to skill ups to go.
Good luck man !

2 skill ups ? Nice you are about to make it - would be perfect if you could get it done during this skill up event. Otherwise Z8 will be back tomorrow outside of the Challenge.

Wish i could max skill mine as well, my poor A.Yomi ... -.-
FUCK YEA FINALLY!!!
Heh nice congrats - also damn since when are you rocking a perfect Ra team ? Talk about living the life xD

jay23

I got lucky lol

Rolled Isis during pcgf, and already had my second l.Kali before rolling d.Kali.

Looks like it was a successful pad day for a lot of us, congrats on the yamato clear that looks really tough.

hermit7

How many stones did you use? I'm trying to skill up mine with no luck so far. The drop rate is supposed to be about 20% for the Raoh chibidra.

I probably used about 8 stones, but I was able to skill up toki (by accident) and Kenshiro who I was able to finish.

Also have a bunch of Yuria tamas. I am debating about buying her today along with some skill resist latent tamas, but I haven't made that decision quite yet.

razterik

As another data point, I spent 12 stones (or roughly 3600 stamina) to max Raoh between 1.5x and 2x days. I didn't keep track of feeds/drops, but I do have 31 Yuria Tamas sitting in my box and I maxed Kenshiro, Goetia, and Gamble Mage halfway through.

Can't seem to pull the trigger on Yuria. I really like her art and she's very powerful, but I lack some of her best subs and I know these collab special buys are a very poor use of MP in the long run.

hermit7

As another data point, I spent 12 stones (or roughly 3600 stamina) to max Raoh between 1.5x and 2x days. I didn't keep track of feeds/drops, but I do have 31 Yuria Tamas sitting in my box and I maxed Kenshiro, Goetia, and Gamble Mage halfway through.

Can't seem to pull the trigger on Yuria. I really like her art and she's very powerful, but I lack some of her best subs and I know these collab special buys are a very poor use of MP in the long run.

You are describing the precise reason why I haven't been able to make that decision. Hkali I did get because of the active, but Yuria has lead only uses essentially I may mull it over for a little longer but ultimately I doubt I will do it.

Quantum

I thought hard about it as well, but to invest the my last bunch of mp I want something more. I yolo'd a mamiya and have been working on her today - niche, but a nice silver collab pull.

hermit7

I thought hard about it as well, but to invest the my last bunch of mp I want something more. I yolo'd a mamiya and have been working on her today - niche, but a nice silver collab pull.

Really good if you want to use her for rushes and need the dark reduction.

One of the best collab rolls in terms of utility.

Jagernaut

I probably used about 8 stones, but I was able to skill up toki (by accident) and Kenshiro who I was able to finish.

Also have a bunch of Yuria tamas. I am debating about buying her today along with some skill resist latent tamas, but I haven't made that decision quite yet.

I've used 6 or 7 stones this week and only got 1 skillup on Raoh. Really frustrating, I'm done for now.

Rixa

Oh wow..didnt even know that 3x was going on - didnt farm for any eggs this week.
Yeah, missing 3 RCV eggs :p.
Thursdays will go mostly farming daily dungeon. Started last Thursday and have 7 Green trifruits, hopefully I have many more when ever skill ups do rotate + there is 2.5x.
Gotta love it when this happens.

http://www.imgur.com/3UQo9Qr.jpeg

Someone went nuts :). So nice to get so many drops.

And Z8 is max skilled!
10/51 overall. Definitely could have been worse.
Wow, congratz.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Challenge Desc. completed - Based DMeta cleared Nordis on my first run.

First time beating Nordis and Yamato Rush during this Challenge - great that i can clear those stages now (with luck)

And Z8 is max skilled!

10/51 overall. Definitely could have been worse.
Congrats !!
Just thinking of running&clearing this stage +50 times kills me.
Yeah, missing 3 RCV eggs :p.
Thursdays will go mostly farming daily dungeon. Started last Thursday and have 7 Green trifruits, hopefully I have many more when ever skill ups do rotate + there is 2.5x.
Very nice - Queen Verdandi as your first 297 is a great choice...now to get those 3 RCV Eggs xD

I spent more stamina on Zeus&Hera than Yamato Rush but I finished the set :lol.

Time to farm more Z8 tomorrow. Didn't stone for it this event and only went 1/8. Gonna be a slow burn to max skill.

Rixa

Very nice - Queen Verdandi as your first 297 is a great choice...now to get those 3 RCV Eggs xD

Gratz to you too :). I have one fodder unit where I already feed +20 eggs (hp/atk), but to get those 3 RCV...

Btw. Tama Retreat according to Padx again good time for us in EU :). Group C my time 21:00 EET.

smbu2000

Tried out the DC collab. dungeon for the first time and S ranked it. I had to waste a turn as well on the character who absorbs dark. On my second turn on him I took him out while trying to include a lot of light damage.

I think the minimum S rank score is 80k.

Do you IAP? I'm always amazed at how many plus eggs and skill ups you farm during events, especially on two accounts.

I managed to +297 Ares and Ilya after running Kanetsugu all 10x. Didn't bother with skill ups on two Mori and had little success with Rodin. Moving right on to Apocalypse now, hope the next 2.5x is better for me than 3x was.
On my main account (iPhone) I do a bit. For example, if there is a collab. I like and I want to try and get some more characters. Besides my initials rolls in the Sunday REM I also bought a 30 stone pack and did an extra 3-4 rolls I believe. I did alright getting everybody except for Inuyasha (I pulled him on my iPad though.)
On my iPad, I don't IAP at all. Although, I think I bought that 5 stones for the price of 1 when they had it during New Years.

My Yomi Dragon wasn't completely from scratch. I had collected quite a few HP/RCV eggs from before when I was trying to hyper my A.Isis. When I finished her I continued to work on Yomi Dragon, then started moving the excess eggs over to A.Haku and the excess after that over to Haku #2.
On my iPad, I was mainly focused on getting Yomi Dragon up to 297. After that I was trying to skill up Nephthys, which was a pain, but I managed to do it.

I did the majority of my Sunday farming during the first half of the event when 10x descends wasn't on.

I did use stones occasionally for stamina, but I also farmed for them as well going through the coin dungeons. A lot of those easy ones take about 130 (50/40/25/15) stamina to clear. So I'd basically use a stone to refill my stamina, clear the coin dungeon and get my stone back essentially and then I'd use the extra stamina to do another coin dungeon or use the rest of it to farm Kanetsugu for plus eggs, rinse and repeat. It was nice having the coin dungeons at half off.

Rixa

When did they put back up ability to switch dungeon types in dungeon list (that upper right corner "Technical")? It was there earlier but they revamped dungeon list screen and it was removed.

bjork

There was a recent update that added it back in. Last week, maybe?

Free Badby today, not sure who to use it on. REM-only dark units?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wooooo Z8 complete! I was going to try it again for multiples, but it's not an easy dungeon. :|

Playing Ra stresses me out sometimes. One mishap and *poof*.

Was hoping to get some thoughts/tips on my team to maybe make the run more smooth? Currently running A.Ra/H.Kali/D.Kali/DTron/Kushi with partner Ra Dragon (all max skill).

Wooooo Z8 complete! But it looks like I need 3 more of him to get his ult? :|

Playing Ra stresses me out sometimes. One mishap and *poof*.

Was hoping to get some thoughts/tips on my team to maybe make the run more smooth? Currently running A.Ra/H.Kali/D.Kali/DTron/Kushi with partner Ra Dragon (all max skill).

If you uevo your Sun Quan, you could drop D Meta and Kushi and add in another H Kali. Though Kali skillups just rotated, so you'll probably have to wait a month before you can skill up a second H Kali.

Which uevo for Sun Quan should I aim for?

Blue/Green. Her active is only halfway useful because H Kalis don't have healer typing, but a delay isn't terrible. You're obviously more of a glass cannon this way, since you're trading 2 shields for a delay and a board change, but I think it's probably the way to go. Awoken Isis would be your ideal Blue/Green card though, since she's unbindable.

One note though, you're down to only 80% SLR with this if you continue pairing with a Ra Dragon, so you should probably pair with a friend A Ra instead, especially since you'd have two board changers that don't fully activate RaDra.

Bladelaw

Is Hino Kagu worth using without his awaken evo? If so which Uevo?

My Urd team looks like this: (unless otherwise stated assume max level and awakens but not skilled up)
R/B Urd, R/G Cao Cao, R/Y Squall, Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin (max skill), R/R Twilight Sorcerer Chester

Either Chester or the Goblin are floating spots depending on the dungeon I swap them out regularly. I have Shiva but I'm waiting on materials to evo him and without skill ups and un evolved he's hard to justify right now.

Jagernaut

Is Hino Kagu worth using without his awaken evo? If so which Uevo?

My Urd team looks like this: (unless otherwise stated assume max level and awakens but not skilled up)
R/B Urd, R/G Cao Cao, R/Y Squall, Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin (max skill), R/R Twilight Sorcerer Chester

Either Chester or the Goblin are floating spots depending on the dungeon I swap them out regularly. I have Shiva but I'm waiting on materials to evo him and without skill ups and un evolved he's hard to justify right now.

Only Awoken Hino has an orb change. The other versions only have the armor break so they have very limited use as subs. Maybe you should farm a Theurgia.

R/D Kagu is okay as a way to farm trash dungeons. Awoken is obviously better at that but if you don't see yourself being able to make one in the near future, might be worth considering.

MisterMentat

Neo Member
I really don't understand how to build my own teams in this game. So far I've just been trying to run a mono-red team with Shiva.

I'm on the 3rd stage of CoS, and this is really the first time I've been stuck.

Here's my PADHerder list. Could anyone give me a good idea for a team/some help with constructing them?

Should I be farming things? I've read that day to day guide, but I'd like to know why I'm doing something as well as what to do.

I really don't understand how to build my own teams in this game. So far I've just been trying to run a mono-red team with Shiva.

Here's my PADHerder list. Could anyone give me a good idea for a team/some help with constructing them?

Should I be farming things? I've read that day to day guide, but I'd like to know why I'm doing something as well as what to do.
I don't think you have a particular need to farm at the moment. If you'd like though, try running the lowest difficulty of Wood Carnival which will get you some cheap subs for a monogreen Bastet team.

Who are you partnering with in dungeons? The friend leader is equally as important as your own, and lots of players here run Awoken Shiva which naturally complements your unevolved one.

If you're falling in dungeons after one or two hits, you need levels on your monsters. If you're failing because you're running out of gas eventually, typically it's due to running subpar monsters on a team or choosing a less good friend leader.

IMO monocolor teams are not as strong in the early stages of the game because you lack orb changers to guarantee a consistent stream of fire orbs. Try a rainbow "good stuff" team with Bastet and see if you have trouble consistently activating the leader skill.

Kyuur

Mono red with Shiva/Nim/Samurai Goblin is fine. You could also run just about anything with Bastet/Kushi (but I'd wait til you have better green subs), or an Attacker focused team with Nim (lead), Jagi, Amiba, Dragon Rider and some fodder (Samurai Goblin works).

The important thing here is to get friend leaders that synergize with yours. Awoken Shiva friends will take a mono-red Shiva team a long way, as will Urd, Krishna and others. For a Nim-lead Attacker team, you want a friend with a boost to ATK/RCV for a tanky but still powerful team. Since you're already dark/red primarily, someone like Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman or Kaworu&Mark.06 could work. You can use the friend finder on PDX, reddit or ask folks here who may have complimentary leaders!

Other than finding good friends, save up stones for godfests and save your PAL points for the Enhance/Rare Evo machines (right now is Rare Monster, not useful). Rank up playing 'Dragons of the Tower' in Tower of Giants if you can't fit monsters into your team. Titan/Gigas is a decent farmable Fire for your Shiva team that can be found in the last stage of Tower of Giants if you're up for that.

MisterMentat

Neo Member
I don't think you have a particular need to farm at the moment. If you'd like though, try running the lowest difficulty of Wood Carnival which will get you some cheap subs for a monogreen Bastet team.

If I can progress with what I have atm, I'd rather do that than farm.

Who are you partnering with in dungeons? The friend leader is equally as important as your own, and lots of players here run Awoken Shiva which naturally complements your unevolved one.

I have one Odin friend, and other than that it's just a mish mash of things that give red attack bonuses or red orb changers.

If you're falling in dungeons after one or two hits, you need levels on your monsters. If you're failing because you're running out of gas eventually, typically it's due to running subpar monsters on a team or choosing a less good friend leader.

I can typically get far in the dungeon but have to do some big attack/healing combos almost every turn. Kushi can get me a bit farther. I've been relying on Bastet Kushi pairing to stop huge damage chunks and get some healing/damage bonuses.

IMO monocolor teams are not as strong in the early stages of the game because you lack orb changers to guarantee a consistent stream of fire orbs. Try a rainbow "good stuff" team with Bastet and see if you have trouble consistently activating the leader skill.

Yea that's kind of what I was thinking. I only have Samurai Goblin as an orb changer.

Mono red with Shiva/Nim/Samurai Goblin is fine. You could also run just about anything with Bastet/Kushi (but I'd wait til you have better green subs), or an Attacker focused team with Nim (lead), Jagi, Amiba, Dragon Rider and some fodder (Samurai Goblin works).

My main problem is that I'm only level 36. So getting in more than one good monster or a leader and a god is hard.

The important thing here is to get friend leaders that synergize with yours. Awoken Shiva friends will take a mono-red Shiva team a long way, as will Urd, Krishna and others. For a Nim-lead Attacker team, you want a friend with a boost to ATK/RCV for a tanky but still powerful team. Since you're already dark/red primarily, someone like Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman or Kaworu&Mark.06 could work. You can use the friend finder on PDX, reddit or ask folks here who may have complimentary leaders!

Thanks for the suggestions. There are so many options, that I don't even know what they could possibly be at this stage. I've only been playing for a week.

Other than finding good friends, save up stones for godfests and save your PAL points for the Enhance/Rare Evo machines (right now is Rare Monster, not useful). Rank up playing 'Dragons of the Tower' in Tower of Giants if you can't fit monsters into your team. Titan/Gigas is a decent farmable Fire for your Shiva team that can be found in the last stage of Tower of Giants if you're up for that.

Yea, I got a couple good rolls in the PCGF last week, and re-rolled a few times to get Bastet. I heard the drop rate on Titan was super low. Or is 2% pretty standard? I know I need to get my rank up. Rank 36 and a box size of 55 is severely limiting.

Hastati

So I really want to make a Gronia team with the new update, does she seem viable? A lot of people were complaining about the minor damage increase, but it seems slightly better than pirate Gronia. What would be her ideal subs?

jay23

Next JP stream should be really soon right? I need some new pad info. Wonder what pantheon they are working on next.

Kyuur

Thanks for the suggestions. There are so many options, that I don't even know what they could possibly be at this stage. I've only been playing for a week.

Yea, I got a couple good rolls in the PCGF last week, and re-rolled a few times to get Bastet. I heard the drop rate on Titan was super low. Or is 2% pretty standard? I know I need to get my rank up. Rank 36 and a box size of 55 is severely limiting.

Best thing to do is just try out different friend leads when you can, you'll get the hang of who you like to pair with!

For Titan, the drop rate is low. I'd really only recommend it if you're the kind of person who can stand the grind.

Ducarmel

So I really want to make a Gronia team with the new update, does she seem viable? A lot of people were complaining about the minor damage increase, but it seems slightly better than pirate Gronia. What would be her ideal subs?

I imagine the teams are Gronia/Sylvie similar to Blonia/Ryune team.

but with balance or dragon green sub orb changers.

bjork

I only need 4 skillups on my Sasuke to max him, and the mushroom dude that drops in the wood event has the same skill. I think I know what I'll work on for the next little bit, even if the skill isn't super useful.

Hastati

I imagine the teams are Gronia/Sylvie similar to Blonia/Ryune team.

but with balance or dragon green sub orb changers.

Thanks! Yeah I saw a few teams along those lines and figured it wouldn't be altogether different from pre ult teams, just wondering if anyone had any other creative ideas.

Otherwise guess I gotta land myself a Sylvie...

If I can progress with what I have atm, I'd rather do that than farm.

I have one Odin friend, and other than that it's just a mish mash of things that give red attack bonuses or red orb changers.

I can typically get far in the dungeon but have to do some big attack/healing combos almost every turn. Kushi can get me a bit farther. I've been relying on Bastet Kushi pairing to stop huge damage chunks and get some healing/damage bonuses.

Yea that's kind of what I was thinking. I only have Samurai Goblin as an orb changer.

My main problem is that I'm only level 36. So getting in more than one good monster or a leader and a god is hard.

What you need to do is take some time next weekend and run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower over and over again when it's on 1/2 stamina. You'll rank-up before your stamina runs out into the 60s I think. It's going to be pretty boring, but it's well worth your time and you'll be able to increase your team cost a lot.

Top Bottom