• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When can we expect to get announcements for a Christmas Gacha and Units ? Hoping for Santa DKali and Christmas Verdandi :-D

Hastati

When can we expect to get announcements for a Christmas Gacha and Units ? Hoping for Santa DKali and Christmas Verdandi :-D

Hoping for ult on last year's Christmas hera. Christmas hera and Santa zeus combo maybe? Also I would sacrifice my humanity for a Christmas Nephtis

J0dy77

Wooooo Z8 complete! I was going to try it again for multiples, but it's not an easy dungeon. :|

Playing Ra stresses me out sometimes. One mishap and *poof*.

Was hoping to get some thoughts/tips on my team to maybe make the run more smooth? Currently running A.Ra/H.Kali/D.Kali/DTron/Kushi with partner Ra Dragon (all max skill).

Looks good. Ideal Ra team these days is L. Kali, l.kali, D. Kali, Awoken Isis.

You can mix and match as you see fit. I try and keep low active skill cooldowns in the flex spot since I don't have a second L or D kali.

Which uevo for Sun Quan should I aim for?

B/G is the preferred for the color makeup and additional awakening abilities. However, he loses his God status in B/G for dragon so not ideal for a Ra team (better on Kirin team).

bjork

The Christmas event should be a Dr. Seuss Collab where there's a rate increase on some player's choice stuff, but then every pull that isn't one of those character, is a wood-type Grinch. Except when you use him, he automatically skills up whichever unit you feed him to, regardless of color.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looks good. Ideal Ra team these days is L. Kali, l.kali, D. Kali, Awoken Isis.

You can mix and match as you see fit. I try and keep low active skill cooldowns in the flex spot since I don't have a second L or D kali.

B/G is the preferred for the color makeup and additional awakening abilities. However, he loses his God status in B/G for dragon so not ideal for a Ra team (better on Kirin team).

Thanks.

What's a good healer team look like nowadays?

Kyuur

Question for those of you who primarily use color leads (Ra, Sakuya, U&Y etc):

If you are missing a color on the board, do you try and clear non-essential orbs only, or do you match as much as you can and hope for skyfall? Particularly for those of you who aren't board-savants who can clear the entire thing regardless of setup. :p

Thanks.

What's a good healer team look like nowadays?
QJmruEI.jpg

Ducarmel

The Christmas event should be a Dr. Seuss Collab where there's a rate increase on some player's choice stuff, but then every pull that isn't one of those character, is a wood-type Grinch. Except when you use him, he takes away a skill up, regardless of color.

fixed

I was thinking more of a Krampus Mephistopheles card to troll the Christmas rem

Leader skill : 4x atk for 3 or less star rarity cards
Active skill : Turn all orbs to blocks

Hastati

If you are missing a color on the board, do you try and clear non-essential orbs only, or do you match as much as you can and hope for skyfall? Particularly for those of you who aren't board-savants who can clear the entire thing regardless of setup. :p

I definitely tend towards board management rather than skyfall, considering how hard the rates troll you.

Clean up dirty green orbs and excess blue for kali to prevent disaster regularly. And then get trolled from random skyfall combos eliminating all my careful balance of colors.

hermit7

Generally I try to clear as much as possible on every turn. If sky fall happens so be it. This helps to refresh he board so that you aren't ever starved for orbs. Use skills as needed to ensure survivability (shield or delay or whatever).

jay23

Haha I'm loving all these ideas for Christmas rem, tbh the best present they can give us is not adding any troll rolls to it.

Looking forward to the special Christmas mp monster they come up with.

zoku88

look who made it onto the JP tier lists

Guess I'm glad that I pulled a Raoh. I think I have pretty good subs for him too.

I think I'll go with this eventually:

Awoken Leilan - Awoken Freyr - Sanada - (and idk, A. Minerva? RValk? Ronia? Rodin?)

EDIT: You know what, the comment aboves makes me feel like a fool. Of course you would be talking about the newer Blonia ....

Any attacker or devil really. Leilan, meatball, Ronia, Leila and Caocao can fit on there, heck even the rider. If you were looking for stuff to roll for him, the list is fairly big, so I'll only name a few: Yukimura, Belial, Scarlet, Hera-Ur, Chiyome, Red Valk, Freyr.

Rixa

Any Attack or devils really. Leilan, meatball, Ronia, Leila and Caocao can fit on there, heck even the rider. If you were looking for stuff to roll for him, the list is fairly big, so I'll only name a few: Yukimura, Belial, Scarlet, Hera-Ur, Chiyome, Red Valk, Freyr.

So basically he eats everything. Thanks for the advice, maybe I someday form a team around him.

Rixa

Grease your dry fingers (damn winter), then go do some Tuesday mythical. Just to notice that you fucked up tpa and only make normal 3 orb combo instead.
Definetly doable with this team, later today new try.

razterik

Hallelujah, chibis be gone!

Christmas healers are amazing. Best girl Echidna vs Lilith, fight! All have Echidna's delay skill.

And yes, Kalis are going to be Queen dragon skill ups. This rotation is really weird, now the MP drops are skill ups as well.

smbu2000

Hallelujah, chibis be gone!

Christmas healers are amazing. Best girl Echidna vs Lilith, fight! All have Echidna's delay skill.

And yes, Kalis are going to be Queen dragon skill ups. This rotation is really weird, now the MP drops are skill ups as well.
Yeah, but now they are introducing the MP dragon dungeon. It looks like the "boss" will be a latent tama as well. (edit: skill delay latent tamas won't appear it says.)
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/guerrilla/151208_puredora.html (JP)

The Norns, Saria, Typhon and Ilm will have skill ups via the MP dragons this round.

Tsubaki, Sumire and Kaede will be on the Tuesday/Wednesday dungeon bosses. Tsubaki on Tue. and the other two for Wed.
Should give me a good chance to skill up my two Tsubakis as Tue. is a guaranteed drop. On the other days the one you want might not drop.

edit: I wonder why they made the Queen Gold Dragon the skill up for DKali and the Queen Metal Dragon the skill up for Lkali. I'd think it makes more sense to have it the other way. Gold for LKali and Metal for DKali.

If you want to see the new skill ups for the JP side. The site is in JP, but it's easy to connect the skill up monster with the character. (just scroll down)
http://pad-plus.com/archives/101426.html

razterik

I saw. Interesting to see what the real value of MP per stone turns out to be from that dungeon.

I guess it's better to have drops you can sell for MP if you don't get the right skill up as opposed to possibly useless evo mats, but it's going to be even more cringe-worthy to feed these and watch MP disappear while the skill ups fail.

bjork

Updated my padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/bjork

Weeded out some of the random units I had, and tried to use others for skill ups, with varied success. Cleared the Wood Carnival, but I'm not juiced up enough to do the Light Cat Dragon higher tiers yet. Baby steps.

Oh, also: what's the best path for Dark/Light batman? He has two ultimates, one is Dark/Light and one is Dark/Fire. The D/L one seems good because it has more awakenings, but the fire one adds machine to his type and that would work with the couple machine dudes I have.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Farming Rainbow Keepers for DAYS.

E: Can someone explain how to determine when it's best to do a 3 match versus a TPA on a single enemy?

My current farming Ronia team has 9 dark row, 2 fire row, and 3 TPA (1 Haku, 1 Haku, 1 Hanzo...Not sure if the person with the TPA actually matters). I want to understand how damage calcs are done (at least somewhat) so I can determine when it's best to do what.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hm, tough question. The main problem here is, TPA is only calculated for the card that has the awakening and only for this match.
But why do you even farm with Ronia when you have DMeta?

Edit: Here is a spreadsheet calculator, I hope it helps! http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=37346

Thanks.

And I mostly use Ronia because that's what I used to do. DMeta is amazing, but balancing hearts can be a bit annoying. What is the "go to" DMeta farm squad?

Jagernaut

For rainbow keeper Athena is really fast, just make light or wood 2 prongs. For gold keeper I use Ronia/Beelzebub, 40k hp and good recovery, and Ronia + Beez + mini Lu Bu to finish after the dark absorb wears off.

Bladelaw

How many Rainbow Keepers is "enough"? I only need 2-3 for the evo's I'm working on and I'm trying to clear some of the technical dungeons for more stones to prep for the inevitable upcoming Godfest so stamina and refreshes are at a premium.

Also is there a special REM/Godfest that usually rolls around Christmas time? If so is it worth saving/spending on that?

Top Bottom