• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

How many Rainbow Keepers is "enough"? I only need 2-3 for the evo's I'm working on and I'm trying to clear some of the technical dungeons for more stones to prep for the inevitable upcoming Godfest so stamina and refreshes are at a premium.

Also is there a special REM/Godfest that usually rolls around Christmas time? If so is it worth saving/spending on that?

You will almost always probably need Rainbow Keepers for something, but you should be fine with just sticking to what you're working on

Kyuur

That power creep.. those silver Christmas eggs are incredibly potent for new players. Depending on what other low end stuff get thrown it this might be a special REM to roll if you're new, no chibis...

Is there a particular floor of coin dungeons to run for Py farming? For light, specifically (Aither Desert right now).

Oh, also: what's the best path for Dark/Light batman? He has two ultimates, one is Dark/Light and one is Dark/Fire. The D/L one seems good because it has more awakenings, but the fire one adds machine to his type and that would work with the couple machine dudes I have.
Unbindable D/F is better unless you need the devil typing or light subcolor for a particular team. Christmas Lilith is starting to step on his toes now (dark delay + dark row), albeit with lower HP and higher RCV.

That power creep.. those silver Christmas eggs are incredibly potent for new players. Depending on what other low end stuff get thrown it this might be a special REM to roll if you're new, no chibis...

Is there a particular floor of coin dungeons to run for Py farming? For light, specifically (Aither Desert right now).
Love the healer girl revival. Delay for every color! Glad I held some stones in reserve instead of going all out for PCGF.

Last floor is the most stamina efficient due to extra floors.

Kyuur

Last floor is the most stamina efficient due to extra floors.

Makes sense, thanks!

Since challenge dungeon is coming up apparently, a heads up for those with Norns, the elemental preDras that drop will be used as skill ups in the future. I think most will gladly take the 500mp though.

Rixa

Makes sense, thanks!

Since challenge dungeon is coming up apparently, a heads up for those with Norns, the elemental preDras that drop will be used as skill ups in the future. I think most will gladly take the 500mp though.

Any ideas will those Dras be skillups on next rotation? I mean Iam farming Thursday dungeons, started last Thursday...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tuesday was last weekly dungeon that was left to clear.

Now to farm few Rainbow keepers to inbox.

Congrats man - being able to clear all Weekly dungeons is quite the milestone. The 50 stamina version look impossible when you start the game for the first time..but one after another they fall and its great knowing you can farm all evo/skill up material if needed.

Cleared Aamir on legendary with my Typhon team. Had this dungeon highlighted since Aamir will make a nice flex option for my Typhon team. Got orb trolled my first attempt on floor 2, but cleared it my 2nd attempt and got the drop. Really fun dungeon but boy do I need skill ups. Probably could have beaten it on mythical if I had skill-ups on Satsuki or Grape Dragon. My Typhon team is performing well, and I think it's going to do a great job helping me get the materials I need to get an end-game team up and running, probably Sakuya.

Almost have A. Yomi. Only need the DIza which I should be able to get the next time it comes around. Could probably put together a decent team with A. Yomi, but will mostly use her as a sub. It'll be my first awoken, so that'll be pretty cool. A. Isis, A. Sakuya, and A, Parvati are next in line.

jay23

Congrats man - being able to clear all Weekly dungeons is quite the milestone. The 50 stamina version look impossible when you start the game for the first time..but one after another they fall and its great knowing you can farm all evo/skill up material if needed.

Haha this is so true I remember thinking Friday mythical was impossible but now it only takes a minute or less to farm.

Jagernaut

Starts tomorrow. Using poison or fixed damage on predras has a score penalty?

Introducing the Ranking Dungeon!

Ranking Dungeon: “Zeus Vulcan Tournament Beta” is Starting!

[Duration] 12/9 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 12/13 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

The “Ranking Dungeon” has arrived! This is a unique dungeon that will allow you compete for high scores against other players, and receive rewards according to your rank!

Ranking Dungeon can only be accessed when reaching Rank 150 or above, so start your training!
When reaching Rank 150, “Ranking Dungeon” button will appear under the “Dungeon” menu.

For its first appearance, the Ranking Dungeon will hold the “Zeus Vulcan Tournament Beta”. It’s a Technical Dungeon that uses 50 Stamina to enter.

In this dungeon, new monsters such as Fire PreDRA will appear. Fire PreDRA can be sold for 500 Monster Points at the MP Shop.

After clearing Ranking Dungeon, players will be given an Estimated Rank with the Score calculated according to Average Combo, Time Remaining, and Max Damage.
With the Estimated Rank, you can see how your skill measures up against other players! Different tiers of rewards are distributed according to your ranking (percentile), so push yourself to achieve more!
Estimated Rank could be checked by selecting the “View Current Rank” in the Ranking Dungeon Menu.

*The rank displayed here is an estimation until the final ranking is presented.
After the duration of the dungeon ends, the final ranks and rewards will be announced and distributed at a later date.
Ranking Dungeon “Zeus Vulcan Tournament Beta” Rules
This dungeon can be accessed after reaching Rank 150.
This dungeon can be cleared multiple times, and the highest score will be ranked.
Continues are not allowed.
Time limit is 5 minutes. When going over the time limit, scores will be deducted from for each second of play after the limit ends.
When battles are cleared through methods such as activating an active skill and without directly moving orbs, points will be deducted from the score.
*Even if enemies are defeated by combos, if it results from an activation of a skill such as Orb Refresh, points will still be deducted.
After entering the dungeon, if the game is interrupted in any way, such as switching over to another screen, setting the device into sleep mode, or restarting your app, the dungeon will still be able to be cleared, however it will not be ranked.
After entering the dungeon, if the dungeon’s duration ends, the player will need to clear the dungeon within 1 hour, or else the score will not be ranked.
*Monster dropped, coins, and experience can still be gained.
Rewards for Ranking Dungeon “Zeus Vulcan Tournament Beta”
After the Ranking Dungeon ends, scores will be collected, and players will be notified their final rankings (percentile) at a later date. Rewards are set amongst different tiers, and will be distributed according to those players’ final rankings. Rewards will be distributed via in-game mail at a later date.

Ex. If a player ranks within the top 10%, the player will receive only the rewards listed under the 10% percentile tier.
Percentile Tiers - Rewards
10% - Grand PreDRA, Flampy, Bubpy, Woodpy
20% - Grand PreDRA, Flampy, Bubpy
30% - Grand PreDRA, Flampy
40% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Fire Dmg. Red.)
50% - PreDRA, Latent TAMADRA (Imp. ATK)
75% - PreDRA
100% - TAMADRA
*The high ranking players’ in-game names and their respective team compositions will be publicly announced through various messaging.
*Player may not be able to get their rewards if their in-game mail is full. Please be careful.
Caution

If it is suspected that there has been any manipulation of data, use of unlicensed programs, or any suspicious activities, those suspected of such activities will be eliminated from the ranking process.
When unauthorized activity is confirmed, actions may be taken to prevent further tampering or unauthorized activity, such as account suspensions.
If a player is using incompatible devices or unsupported operating systems, the player’s score may be invalidated.
If an in-game name is seen as inappropriate, the player may be disqualified. We reserve the right to disqualify you and choose not to display your in-game name on the Leaderboard.
If a high score is obtained by methods that takes away from the competitive aspect of the event or in a way that severely harms balance, the player may be disqualified from the ranking.
*The details and conditions stated on this page may subject to change without notice or compensation.

Note: All images and data displayed are in development and may be adjusted if necessary.

Yeah that was cause when the dungeon ran in JP, everybody just ran pushbutton teams of like 6 Rodins. They changed that in later ranking dungeons, but we're getting Vulcan with the penalty already in place.

Incidentally, even with the point penalty in place it still might be more score efficient to pushbutton your way though

razterik

Technically there's no penalty for poison because you have to move orbs for it to take effect. But anything that kills a whole floor without orb movement, such as A.Ra or Rodin on low HP mobs, causes a deduction. I think it was 5k points, but I'm not sure if that's per floor or a one-time assessment.

Ugh, was hoping they'd make the scores more flexible for NA, but whatever.

And I'm laughing at the whole bit about cheating and bad language. NA finally going to address these issues? I'll believe it when I see it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There are a few, like making everything have 1 hp.

I feel like they should be able to see that shit server side, but whatever.

I'll give this ranking stuff a shot if for no other reason than to get that sweet MP monster.

Question!

Can someone explain coin dungeons? What are they for? I see Alt. Hypno Forest and stuff, as well as some descended dungeons. And of course those 10m+ dungeons near the bottom.

I feel like they should be able to see that shit server side, but whatever.

I'll give this ranking stuff a shot if for no other reason than to get that sweet MP monster.

Question!

Can someone explain coin dungeons? What are they for? I see Alt. Hypno Forest and stuff, as well as some descended dungeons. And of course those 10m+ dungeons near the bottom.

A source of: piis, older dungeons, good rank exp, stones for first clear, tamas on demand and frustration, a lot of it.

Rixa

Haha this is so true I remember thinking Friday mythical was impossible but now it only takes a minute or less to farm.

So true, when I first saw Keeper of the Gold HP amount, I was like wtf. My main colour is Wood, how in the hell I can do enough damage before:
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Expecting to see Awoken Shivas in my friendlist soon (hopefully atleast).

Rixa

1. Went in with A.Shiva team, died
2. Went in with A.Shiva team modified, died
3. Went in with Verdandi team, forgot that >4 combo, 10 mins later cleared dungeon only to notice maintenance.

Atleast Zeus dropped:
I wonder what is drop rate for those PreDras.

razterik

Game is back, ranking dungeon is gone. Hehe.

Not a fan of Christmas Kirin losing her cool reindeer horns and not sure about the fluffy pants. Hope she's a good uevo.

How do you follow up Awoken Sakuya with a seasonal Sakuya? From a balancing standpoint I mean. Maybe you don't? With Rali as your bait card it may just give you a free pass on this one.

Rixa

Got the drops & got the time :p.
Some work to do, just to remember that >4 combo. Iam losing some time in Predra floor, cause my Lilith is only level 4 (if I take her to team). More time I did lose in Zeus tho.

smbu2000

Results from the new MP dragon dungeon so far. The ones with 4 drops are the lower 50 stamina difficulty and the ones with 5 are the 99 stamina difficulty.

http://pad-plus.com/archives/101484.html

Looks like on the higher difficulty there is a chance for an extra latent tama to appear and a better chance of one of those skill up ones dropping as well (maybe?) The higher difficulty ones do more damage as well.

My time hasn't come yet. I'll try it later tonight.

razterik

Ran it a few times since my group was up first.

I think you always get two latent tamas on the 99 stamina, third and fifth floors? Only boss one on the 50 stamina. The drop rate for the colored MP dras is really bad. Skill ups from these are going to be way way worse than rare material drops.

smbu2000

Ran it a few times since my group was up first.

I think you always get two latent tamas on the 99 stamina, third and fifth floors? Only boss one on the 50 stamina. The drop rate for the colored MP dras is really bad. Skill ups from these are going to be way way worse than rare material drops.
Interesting. How much MP do you get for selling them? 300 MP? More?

It does seem like a much better way to get latent tamas (not including the skill delay one of course) than buying them for 10k or 20k MP each although you don't have a choice on which ones you get.
I'll probably still spend my time farming 5x4 dungeons when there is a specific one I want.

razterik

500 MP for colored, 100 for the minis. Minis are far more common, saw several full mini floors. Doesn't seem to be any benefit in running the 99 stamina aside from it being faster. Half as many floors for colored ones to drop and the latent drops end up the same.

Yes this is much better than buying any latents. Not sure it works in your favor versus the farmable resist ones, though, unless you need or can use all color drops. Even then, the chance of getting a worthless latent over a useful one is probably too high. Farming 5x4 is likely still the best way to get specific resist latents.

smbu2000

500 MP for colored, 100 for the minis. Minis are far more common, saw several full mini floors. Doesn't seem to be any benefit in running the 99 stamina aside from it being faster. Half as many floors for colored ones to drop and the latent drops end up the same.

Yes this is much better than buying any latents. Not sure it works in your favor versus the farmable resist ones, though, unless you need or can use all color drops. Even then, the chance of getting a worthless latent over a useful one is probably too high. Farming 5x4 is likely still the best way to get specific resist latents.
Yeah, the 50 stamina one seems like the best to do. The off color one only seems to appear on floor 2 on the 50 stamina one and you get a guaranteed latent tama. I ran it several times and had some decent drops including damage reduction ones, which is what I want at the moment. It did let me give some of the other ones, which I don't really need to other characters.

Ilm seems like the easiest character to skill up now since he will use the regular 100mp drops for skill ups.

So RKali's leader skill means that DKali is getting a buff soon right??
Woah so many new Christmas monsters/evos. Where are these going to be found??? New REM?
Special Christmas themed REM. Last time it also had the Chinese pantheon and a bunch of terrible rolls. There's a lot more Christmas themed cards this time though, so who knows what else will be in there.

Rixa

Yeah, the 50 stamina one seems like the best to do. The off color one only seems to appear on floor 2 on the 50 stamina one and you get a guaranteed latent tama.

What's the catch.
I mean is it limited time dungeon with only few days per 6 months or so? Or how they suddenly start to give "free" latent tamadras? Is the dungeon hard or can average player clear it?

smbu2000

What's the catch.
I mean is it limited time dungeon with only few days per 6 months or so? Or how they suddenly start to give "free" latent tamadras? Is the dungeon hard or can average player clear it?
Well they are not free as you have to use stamina of course. The dungeon is also a guerilla dungeon, so it only shows up for an hour like the other guerilla dungeons. The dungeon isn't hard at all, it's very easy to clear. On the latent tama floors (1 on the 50 stamina one and 2 on the 99 stamina one) the latent tama does set you back 2 skill levels, so you have to charge your skills 2 turns. Pretty much just like the regular latent tama invades during special events. Not that difficult to survive though. They do 10k per hit on the 99 stamina one and 7k per hit on the 50 stamina one.

I'm not sure how often the dungeon will come around as today was the first time it debuted. I'm assuming it will be like the regular rotation guerilla dungeons though.

Rixa

Well they are not free as you have to use stamina of course. The dungeon is also a guerilla dungeon, so it only shows up for an hour like the other guerilla dungeons. The dungeon isn't hard at all, it's very easy to clear. On the latent tama floors (1 on the 50 stamina one and 2 on the 99 stamina one) the latent tama does set you back 2 skill levels, so you have to charge your skills 2 turns. Pretty much just like the regular latent tama invades during special events. Not that difficult to survive though. They do 10k per hit on the 99 stamina one and 7k per hit on the 50 stamina one.

I'm not sure how often the dungeon will come around as today was the first time it debuted. I'm assuming it will be like the regular rotation guerilla dungeons though.

Ah yeah so its kinda similar to Tamadra Retreat, I get it now. Somehow Iam expecting heavy stone usage around user base when it will get NA release.

Oh man. I hope Christmas Kali can be bought in the MP shop. I see they have 2 8* mobs with Ronia. Hope they don't troll us and make the Ronia the MP store mob.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kaguya-Hime Mythical felt like a traditional dungeon given the lack of Awakening abilities. Pretty cool. Tough dungeon given that my box is mostly dark devils. Got to bust out Echidna to do work, though!

Top Bottom