• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kyuur

Was inspired by Rixa yesterday and took on Tuesday Mythical, also my last remaining one to clear. Forgot to take a screenshot, but beat it with my U&Y team! Hoorah. :)

Disappointed no rank dungeon to test out this morning. Looking at Christmas REM stuff, still need to hear if there are/what regulars are in there, but Fire Liu Bei and F/W Sonia look good to me. Interested to see Kali!

Bladelaw

I need help deciding which Uevo to use for Shiva.
My team is Urd, Cao Cao, Squall, Hino Kagu, and I'll finish with Shiva.

My gut says R/B Shiva is better in this specific case but R/D is more versatile. Either way once I get the mats I'm going to awaken him so this will be a stop gap measure.

Basically I don't want to burn Devilits if I don't have to.

EDIT: also fuck the Wednesday Mythical. Poor planning on my part, I burned my 0 def too early. I'm one green uber mask from Uevo-ing Verdandi

Rixa

Was inspired by Rixa yesterday and took on Tuesday Mythical, also my last remaining one to clear. Forgot to take a screenshot, but beat it with my U&Y team! Hoorah. :)

Disappointed no rank dungeon to test out this morning. Looking at Christmas REM stuff, still need to hear if there are/what regulars are in there, but Fire Liu Bei and F/W Sonia look good to me. Interested to see Kali!

Congratz :). They will bring the dungeon later tho expecting it to come some shitty time with +eggs going on some challenge dungeons and other ways to burn stamina...
GungHo NA FB said:
Please note that we have temporarily removed the Ranking Dungeon feature, and we will be sure to update everyone on its new availability.

I was looking at making me a Z8 - hahahaha. What's up with those mats?
All the uevo mats for regular Zaerog drop from Z8's dungeon, so that would save you some work. And if you can beat Dragon Rush (which you probably can if you can beat Z8) then Zaerog drops evolved.

If you have the patience to farm his skill ups its absolutely worth it. Z8 is a monster of a sub and probably the best farmable leader.

Bladelaw

Do descended dungeons ever become "easy"? I'm still pretty early/mid game (rank 115) but I have a solid team (missing XP and +eggs though). It's just a bit demoralizing trying to hit a descended and burning all that stamina only to get one shot by the boss after it no-sells my burst.

hermit7

Do descended dungeons ever become "easy"? I'm still pretty early/mid game (rank 115) but I have a solid team (missing XP and +eggs though). It's just a bit demoralizing trying to hit a descended and burning all that stamina only to get one shot by the boss after it no-sells my burst.

They do get easier. Once you have built up your primary team they essentially become farmable. And then you move on to harder and harder dungeons.

Power creep keeps happening. Izanami was the hardest dungeon in the game at one point, and Kaguya isn't particularly easy either. Hera, Hera-Sowilo, Two Heroes, Goemon, Valkyrie, and Sphinx are probably the first descendeds new players will end up beating.

Kyuur

They vary wildly based on when they were released, and also what team you're using to tackle them. Out of curiosity, what is your current team?

I was where you are a month or so ago, and was pretty bummed about not clearing descends. Best thing you can do is not worry about them until your team is further developed. I had a couple weeks where it felt like all I was doing was running urgent king dungeons. I would just focus on one singular goal, like beating KoG. Once you do that, pick a descend that it seems like your team should be able to beat and wait for it to come around. Skill-ups and levels are really the difference between clearing a descend and wasting stamina.

If you ever have "free" stamina you can waste before a rank-up, that's when you should just try whatever the descend that day is.

Bladelaw

They vary wildly based on when they were released, and also what team you're using to tackle them. Out of curiosity, what is your current team?

It's a little out of date but here's my PAD Herder

Team is
Norn of the Past Urd
Dominating Warrior King Cao Cao
Solitary Lion Squall
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin (working on Homura to replace him)
Twilight Sorcerer Chester (working on Shiva to replace him)
Friend is usually another Urd

hermit7

Team is
Norn of the Past Urd
Solitary Lion Squall

You have the makings of a great shiva team.

Shiva, hino, Urd, caocao, squall is pretty solid

Keep working on Urd for the moment and then you will be safe to start working on acquiring the mats for shiva and hino. This will give you a high multiplier and a lot of utility for beating dungeons.

Did you skill caocao when fire carnival was around?

Bladelaw

You have the makings of a great shiva team.

Shiva, hino, Urd, caocao, squall is pretty solid

Keep working on Urd for the moment and then you will be safe to start working on acquiring the mats for shiva and hino. This will give you a high multiplier and a lot of utility for beating dungeons.

Did you skill caocao when fire carnival was around?

Cao Cao was a PCGF pickup and no I didn't have the time to do that (don't remember when the Carnival ended). Most of the levels are from catching Dragon Infestations

Epic Drop

I need help deciding which Uevo to use for Shiva.
My team is Urd, Cao Cao, Squall, Hino Kagu, and I'll finish with Shiva.

My gut says R/B Shiva is better in this specific case but R/D is more versatile. Either way once I get the mats I'm going to awaken him so this will be a stop gap measure.

Basically I don't want to burn Devilits if I don't have to.

EDIT: also fuck the Wednesday Mythical. Poor planning on my part, I burned my 0 def too early. I'm one green uber mask from Uevo-ing Verdandi

Awoken Shiva is so so so much better than either uvo, as both a leader and a sub. You could easily shuffle your urd to a sub and lead with awoken Shiva - you have the makings of an awesome awoken Shiva team that will take you much much further than an urd team.

Bladelaw

Awoken Shiva is so so so much better than either uvo, as both a leader and a sub. You could easily shuffle your urd to a sub and lead with awoken Shiva - you have the makings of an awesome awoken Shiva team that will take you much much further than an urd team.

The trick is getting the mats to Awaken him. I figure I can ride Urd till then. Once Shiva is at full power switch off and TPA my way to victory. At this point I need 4 monsters and a few jewels (and some more team cost...) to make that team happen. Is either Uevo even worth using then until I awaken him?

Ideally my end game team will be
A. Shiva
A. Hino
R/G Cao Cao
R/B Urd
R/Y Squall
Buddy Urd/Shiva

But I'm short on mats to make it happen. I'm planning on using Urd to get me the bits I need to finish the job, either that or get supremely lucky via evo Pal machine.

Kyuur

Team is
Norn of the Past Urd
Solitary Lion Squall

Urd is pretty similar to Verdandi, so from my experience you will want a damage booster to help clear most descends. For this purpose I would probably slot in Ace instead of Squall. In the long run I would also work towards Awoken Hino instead of Homura, I can't describe how much my team got boosted with triple TPA via Vishnu, and Hino would do the same thing for you.

As others have mentioned Awoken Shiva will be a better lead than Urd (you can use her as a sub), although more difficult. Almost double damage (11~ vs 20~x) if you can consistently pull off 6 combos, but you lose the HP boost so some dungeons may be rough without plusses. Have you tried running an A. Shiva friend?

Edit: As for using non-awoken Shiva, I don't really think think the devilits are worth it for dark since he doesn't have TPAs, F/W's extra HP will take you farther. Not sure if worth slotting in over Chester, since you lose SBR 100% and TPA damage.

Edit2: Another thing, invest in farming/leveling/skilling an Echidna! Delay helps with a ton of dungeons, and she's even on-colour for your team. If you feel like it you could even roll Christmas REM for that version, since the awakenings are better!

Edit3: You could also try investing in a King Flamie for a damage booster if you're having issues taking down bosses. I used Woodsie for Verdandi until I got Delgado/ZhugeLiang.

Last time Izanami came around, couldn't clear legendary with my Urd team. Today I've beat it 3 times. Got 2 light Izanami and a dark Izanami. Now I have all the pieces for A. Yomi, which will be my first Awoken. Might run the dungeon a few more times. Want another DIza as a sub and it's pretty fun.

hermit7

The trick is getting the mats to Awaken him. I figure I can ride Urd till then. Once Shiva is at full power switch off and TPA my way to victory. At this point I need 4 monsters and a few jewels (and some more team cost...) to make that team happen. Is either Uevo even worth using then until I awaken him?

Ideally my end game team will be
A. Shiva
A. Hino
R/G Cao Cao
R/B Urd
R/Y Squall
Buddy Urd/Shiva

But I'm short on mats to make it happen. I'm planning on using Urd to get me the bits I need to finish the job, either that or get supremely lucky via evo Pal machine.

i get you. Work on levels for the moment hold off on uevo shiva til you can get the mats and then pair Urd with a friend shiva. The leader skill is still a major advantage over the regular version and you can clear the descends needed until you can get the mats. That will allow you to practice on combos until then as well.

Bladelaw

Urd is pretty similar to Verdandi, so from my experience you will want a damage booster to help clear most descends. For this purpose I would probably slot in Ace instead of Squall. In the long run I would also work towards Awoken Hino instead of Homura, I can't describe how much my team got boosted with triple TPA via Vishnu, and Hino would do the same thing for you.

As others have mentioned Awoken Shiva will be a better lead than Urd (you can use her as a sub), although more difficult. Almost double damage (11~ vs 20~x) if you can consistently pull off 6 combos, but you lose the HP boost so some dungeons may be rough without plusses. Have you tried running an A. Shiva friend?

Edit: As for using non-awoken Shiva, I don't really think think the devilits are worth it for dark since he doesn't have TPAs, F/W's extra HP will take you farther. Not sure if worth slotting in over Chester, since you lose SBR 100% and TPA damage.

Edit2: Another thing, invest in farming/leveling/skilling an Echidna! Delay helps with a ton of dungeons, and she's even on-colour for your team. If you feel like it you could even roll Christmas REM for that version, since the awakenings are better!

Edit3: You could also try investing in a King Flamie for a damage booster if you're having issues taking down bosses. I used Woodsie for Verdandi until I got Delgado/ZhugeLiang.

I can run Ace just need to level him up.

If the December Godfest coincides with the Christmas REM I'll definitely drop some stones there. I've been hunting Echidna in Blazing Hells for a while and not getting much luck. Is there a better place to farm her?

J0dy77

I was looking at making me a Z8 - hahahaha. What's up with those mats?

He's a true end game card that is 100% farmable and a great sub and leader, they're making you earn it. Putting the mats together to UEVO him isn't the hard part, it's max skilling him that is torture.

Okamid3n

Yeah, I thought the mats would be a pain but they were incredibly easy to get. It's even easier with the evolved Zaerog drops from the Dragon Rush, as mentionned earlier.

The real problem is not dying of boredom trying to skill Z8. My Sakuya team can easily clear this dungeon, no problem...except, I get so bored with the dungeon that I end up messing up somewhere.

My first attempts at this dungeon with A.Sakuya were all successful, then I started failing it repeatedly trying to play fast.

Kyuur

I can run Ace just need to level him up.

If the December Godfest coincides with the Christmas REM I'll definitely drop some stones there. I've been hunting Echidna in Blazing Hells for a while and not getting much luck. Is there a better place to farm her?

Scarlet Snake Princess is due to come up in coin dungeon rotation and is unequivocally the best place to farm her. Either next rotation (15th) or at the end of the month.

Just so you know, the Christmas REM is completely separate from the regular, so it matters not if Godfest is running or not, like with collaboration events (Final Fantasy etc). You'll need to choose between the two!

PadGuide had an Extreme Metal Dragon dungeon set for today starting on the hour, an hour ago, but nothing showed up.

Is that a common occurance with PadGuide? It's been correct for all the other Ruby/Sapphire/etc dungeons so far this week...

Negator

PadGuide had an Extreme Metal Dragon dungeon set for today starting on the hour, an hour ago, but nothing showed up.

Is that a common occurance with PadGuide? It's been correct for all the other Ruby/Sapphire/etc dungeons so far this week...

I used Padx today and The Group C Extreme Metals came on time. Not sure if they made a mistake.

I'm group E and I never saw the dungeon appear. In Special Dungeons, correct?

PadGuide said 3PM, and I checked. Checked at 4PM and there is nothing now... I checked right at 4PM, maybe I should have checked at 4:05...

Still an hour off. Oh well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any reason to farm Izanami? My Pandora team can get through it with relative ease, but not sure if I should just farm some +eggs instead.

razterik

5x4 version of Izanami should show up soon enough with farmable dark resist latents and if you're going for more than a small handful of those, you'll likely max Izanami on the way.

If you run lots of dark teams, max skilled Dark Izanami is all over those. And she's used for a couple different evos as well.

Quantum

HA! sending messages through PAD is so funny.

It blocked the message: "there is a limited time you can use me as a friend"

can you find the word that was blocked??

an us

seriously? its not even a recognized bad word, its human anatomy.

HA! sending messages through PAD is so funny.

It blocked the message: "there is a limited time you can use me as a friend"

can you find the word that was blocked??

an us

seriously? its not even a recognized bad word, its human anatomy.

You also can't write gungho.

razterik

Ahahahaha, the blue one, my gosh. Might as well be 1 ATK and infinity TPAs.

Meanwhile in NA, still no 10x.
*crickets*

And I was right not to buy 2nd YomiDra now, not that the new dark one will be easy to pull of course.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finally managed to ult evo my first monster today (sakuya). Been using this hodgepodge team so far while trying to rank and progress through normal dungeons.

96defbc0a6.jpg

Any recommendations on who I should focus on evo/leveling next as subs? Currently have mats for the following right now:

Also is that friends list google doc in the OP still up to date? I need to get some more gaffers on my list.

LuffyZoro

Finally managed to ult evo my first monster today (sakuya). Been using this hodgepodge team so far while trying to rank and progress through normal dungeons.

Any recommendations on who I should focus on evo/leveling next as subs? Currently have mats for the following right now:

Also is that friends list google doc in the OP still up to date? I need to get some more gaffers on my list.

Wow, you've got some good stuff for your rank, though a surprising number of dupes. I would probably work on Cao Cao next, if you can get him to his R/G evo he's a really good sub.

jay23

More GFE? Really? They should have made these cards part of a new machine series instead.

You should definitely go after verche or valk for the last spot on your team till you get team cost up. Yomi can help with time extends if you're having trouble comboing required colors.

Add me if u want I keep max skilled awoken Sakuya up on slot 1.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, you've got some good stuff for your rank, though a surprising number of dupes. I would probably work on Cao Cao next, if you can get him to his R/G evo he's a really good sub.
Yeah I started during the pcgf a few weeks ago and bux'd trying to get a lkali/ryune ▄█▀█●

You should definitely go after verche or valk for the last spot on your team till you get team cost up. Yomi can help with time extends if you're having trouble comboing required colors.

Add me if u want I keep max skilled awoken Sakuya up on slot 1.
Actually haven't tried any farmable event dungeons yet since I figured I was probably too weak to clear them. As a new player I'm not actually familiar enough with the special dungeons without looking them up online right now. Sent an invite, thanks.

razterik

So they changed Xmas Haku and I was trying to figure out how for the last ten minutes. She got an extra dark orb enhance. They've got so many now that I can't even tell the difference when they add more..

Oh, they added hearts back into her leader skill activation. Good. And they gave her dragon subtype. Nevermind then, apparently I'm totally blind.

With all these orb enhances showing up everywhere, I get the feeling we're going to see another small damage boost or a change in how they stack. Hmm.

Top Bottom