• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Rixa

Ranking Dungeon will be back soon.
GungHo NA has informed compensations in their fb:

GungHo NA said:
Yesterday it was confirmed that there was a connection error in the Zeus Vulcan Beta Tournament Ranking Dungeon. This error has been corrected, and as a result the Zeus Vulcan Beta Tournament will be reimplemented as of 12/10 (Thurs), 6PM PST.

Compensation is planned as a result of the unplanned maintenance and for those that ran the Zeus Vulcan Beta Tournament.

Compensation details are included below:

- 1 Magic Stone for all users with accounts created before 12/9, (Wed), delivered on 12/11.
- 1 Magic Stone for all users who entered the Zeus Vulcan Beta Tournament before 1:15 AM PST, delivered on 12/11.
- Coin Refund for players who purchased Coin Dungeons before the maintenance between the times of 12/8 (Tues), 11:15 AM - 12/9 (Wed), 12:15 AM PST, delivered on 12/11.

- Compensation for maintenance will be delivered daily via in-game mail, given out from 4:00 AM to 3:59 AM (PST) of the next day.
- Other compensations will be delivered directly to the players affected via their in-game mail.

So I get back one stone I used (after 2 fails) and then I get one more stone. This suits me very well, also the time table is nice since I got almost whole Thursday time to run daily.

razterik

Xmas Sonia is the MP shop purchase, no Christmas Kali.

Fucking riot.

Christmas REM has no 5 stars, no filler besides the 4 stars, only the new cards and Christmas Kirin.

Thundering Cyberdragon, Shedar any good for first pull? Or back to rerolling?

9f2m9zmg2rjg9xc.png

Rixa

Xmas Sonia is the MP shop purchase, no Christmas Kali.

Fucking riot.

Christmas REM has no 5 stars, no filler besides the 4 stars, only the new cards and Christmas Kirin.

It seems GungHo wants everyones stones & money.
Sonia art is really nice but those skills and awokens arent so special. If I had enough MP I wouldnt spend it to Sonia. For me it seems like Sonia is new standard for "Troll Gold MP shop unit".

PADX said:
Red Sonia / (8 stars)
R/G
Dragon / Devil
Active: Change board into Fire and Wood orbs. 2 turns haste.
LS: 2x HP and 2.5x ATK to Dragon and Devil types. 1.2x ATK after reaching 6+ combo.
xXuekrQ.jpg
Thundering Cyberdragon, Shedar any good for first pull? Or back to rerolling?

As Razterik said, reroll.

razterik

More like they want everyone to quit the game. Damn it all.

Xmas Sonia is pretty decent if you've got Raoh, max skill Belial, max skill Scarlet, etc. So really, she sucks outside being cute and if you can run her you've already got better teams.

GungHo seriously the Grinch this year.

I mean, they've already dropped new exclusives and are going to power creep the fuck out of Dark Kali all next year. Can't be bothered to let anyone who put mad cash into their game have a nice little present as a temporary reward.

raiot

No DKali in the MP Shop? Ok, it doesn't matter to me, I have 2 normal ones...
But I expect GungHos Twitter account to blow up. Badly! :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wait R.Kali isnt the ;P Shop puchase ? What the hell...no one give a damn about Ronia.

Not good, sorry. Reroll.

It seems GungHo wants everyones stones & money.
Sonia art is really nice but those skills and awokens arent so special. If I had enough MP I wouldnt spend it to Sonia. For me it seems like Sonia is new standard for "Troll Gold MP shop unit".

As Razterik said, reroll.
Blah, I'm tired of rerolllong but I've got the time. I remember a couple of months ago and I got a good Egyptian God during the FF event, but I never backed up my save and import data and eventually my phone bricked :/

Luckily I was able to get an uber elite on Monster Strike within an hour....
Just wish the tutorial was quicker

Rixa

Blah, I'm tired of rerolllong but I've got the time. I remember a couple of months ago and I got a good Egyptian God during the FF event, but I never backed up my save and import data and eventually my phone bricked :/

If you want to keep a break from rerolling:
There is God Fest coming next week (or coming weekend). I dont know the exact dates & Pantheons tho. But GungHo should inform it soonish.

jay23

Never have any luck rolling in these special rems, liu bei would be awesome for awoken Shiva team. But a bunch of 4 star cards guarantees that I will only roll healer girls.

Christmas kali not being in the mp shop is such a gungtroll move. Hopefully JP players riot enough for you guys.

raiot

From a business perspective I can totally understand why GungHo left her out. But for the players it's a complete dick move.
Guys, have a nice Christmas, look at this special present for all those poor souls without DKali!
And now, roll for it till your broke :p

Rixa

Forgot to use CaoCao...

"80% Chance. Binds 1 Random card for 3 turns. This will also disable leader skill and awoken skills.."

Managed to kill Blue trifruit before I was Gulped. No big losses cause it was Blue Trifruit egg.

FZZ

Banned
Santonia > R. Kelly

sorry

art is so much better, and row meta is coming back brehs

hmu in six months when Ra Drag is no longer SS tier

raiot

Forgot to use CaoCao...

"80% Chance. Binds 1 Random card for 3 turns. This will also disable leader skill and awoken skills.."

Managed to kill Blue trifruit before I was Gulped. No big losses cause it was Blue Trifruit egg.

You know, you could always do NO MATCH orb movements until all binds are gone... :)

raiot

Huh, does it count for binds? Cause atleast last time I tried, skills didnt go up for 1 turn when doing "no match".

Yes, it counts for binds. You're right with the skills, you won't charge them with this method. But you could safely unbind! You can get reeeeeeeally unlucky with the binds, but most of the time its better then going into the next floor bound.

cw_sasuke

Yeah you have to match for the skill counter but not for binds. So you probably would have been fine.

Since we run similar teams..i actually use GZLs active on this stage to clear Tama off with a simple TPA. You should be able to clear the final stage without GZL active.

btw. Didnt you pull Liu Bei on the recent GF or did i imagine that ? lol

Rixa

Yeah you have to match for the skill counter but not for binds. So you probably would have been fine.

Since we run similar teams..i actually use GZLs active on this stage to clear Tama off with a simple TPA. You should be able to clear the final stage without GZL active.

btw. Didnt you pull Liu Bei on the recent GF or did i imagine that ? lol
That Bind thing is nice to know :).

I been saving GZL for the last floor, since I can clear that B-Tama in 2 turns if I just remember to activate Cow Cow.
Problem with my Liu Bei was, that I was lacking one Red Trifruit. Got that today, so Cow Cow goes away and In comes Liu Bei. Thus using GZL in 3rd floor from next try onwards:
I have almost full PAL pts, waiting tomorrows PEM change and hoping we get exp Dragons to PEM.

cw_sasuke

That Bind thing is nice to know :).

I been saving GZL for the last floor, since I can clear that B-Tama in 2 turns if I just remember to activate Cow Cow.
Problem with my Liu Bei was, that I was lacking one Red Trifruit. Got that today, so Cow Cow goes away and In comes Liu Bei. Thus using GZL in 3rd floor from next try onwards:

I have almost full PAL pts, waiting tomorrows PEM change and hoping we get exp Dragons to PEM.

Thats great to see...i was wondering why Liu Bei wasnt part of your Verdandi squad xD
We run nearly the same Verdandi team now, only difference is that i use A.Meimei instead of the 2nd Verdandi but otherwise its the same.

With Wood Carnival going on right now and the upcoming event having 2.5x skillup you should be able to max skill Liu Bei quite soon.

PS: And yes also waiting for the PEM change..i need those EXP dragons.

Rixa

With Wood Carnival going on right now and the upcoming event having 2.5x skillup you should be able to max skill Liu Bei quite soon.

PS: And yes also waiting for the PEM change..i need those EXP dragons.

Heh yeah :). I have 7 Winrons in inventory. Tomorrow prolly doing that Ranking dungeon but on weekend, especially when 2x drop rate is on, its Wood Carnival time.

Quantum

I've said this before and gone back on my word, I don't think I'll be buying stones for this event.

Unlike the summer rem, there is nothing that is that great. I understand that Kali is impressive, but the cost to roll is just stupid and doesn't justify the four star drops - I also have D.Kali and 4 Light kalis - that I don't routinely use.

I'll have hit my 1k day and use allotted free stones to pick up a few of the four stars and be happy.

And the new GFE? ha, I don't understand how gungho would think that would make someone want to pull?

I'm still salty about the time and effort I put into GGU only to have him drop off the list - or the time I spent on Blonia, which seems to fair better but still.

I'll stick to a hypermaxed A.Shiva team and a S.Dragon team till the meta actually changes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't really understand what's wrong with the Christmas REM monsters. Not because I disagree with everyone's assessment, but more I just don't see what's wrong with them all. Can anyone give me a rundown or shoot me a link to read about why they aren't great?

raiot

Their main problem is, in a world with Ra Dragon, Shiva Dragon and Yomi Dragon those just don't cut it anymore.
They are either not good enough or not god type.
The single exception is RKali, she is a exact color switch of DKali and still 100% usefuel in Ra Dragon, which basically needs 1-2 DKali to function. It is the strongest team in the game and everyone is chasing it. But now that Sonia is the MP Shop card, you have to roll for her.
And this in an REM with a mountain of 4*, no 5* and a few 6*, 7* and 8*.
The chance to roll those is determined by rarity. Rolling an 8* is... unlikely :)

Quantum

I don't really understand what's wrong with the Christmas REM monsters. Not because I disagree with everyone's assessment, but more I just don't see what's wrong with them all. Can anyone give me a rundown or shoot me a link to read about why they aren't great?

succinctly - for me they are not good enough to replace what I have or add to the many teams I use. The window prize versions are too rare to spend money for because you drown in the four stars mobs.

(17 pulls will on average net you at least 14 4* mobs)

I think the last special REM showed the chance to pull the 8* is less than 0.1 percent.

Negator

Can't say I'll be rolling on the Christmas REM. None of the monsters advance my teams besides RKali and I'm not exclusively rolling for an 8* card.

smbu2000

I've said this before and gone back on my word, I don't think I'll be buying stones for this event.

Unlike the summer rem, there is nothing that is that great. I understand that Kali is impressive, but the cost to roll is just stupid and doesn't justify the four star drops - I also have D.Kali and 4 Light kalis - that I don't routinely use.

I'll have hit my 1k day and use allotted free stones to pick up a few of the four stars and be happy.

And the new GFE? ha, I don't understand how gungho would think that would make someone want to pull?

I'm still salty about the time and effort I put into GGU only to have him drop off the list - or the time I spent on Blonia, which seems to fair better but still.

I'll stick to a hypermaxed A.Shiva team and a S.Dragon team till the meta actually changes.
I don't really care too much about the Christmas REM. Sure I'd like RKali, but she is basically a different colored DKali. I'd prefer a DKali over RKali personally. Ever since I got Halloween Kali though, I haven't had that much of a need for her since I don't plan to run Ra Dragon. My A.Ra team with 2xLKali, Halloween Kali and A.Isis is usually enough for most things.

I don't know, I kind of like the new GFEs, especially the Dark one. I'd like to have her for my Yomi Dragon team. Wood/Hearts/Jammers/Poison change to Dark orbs and Dark orbs fall more easily for 4 turns (10 turns max) is pretty good. Too bad she is a 6 star GFE, so I don't have much of a chance to get her.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad R Kali won't be in the MP shop. Keeps me from wasting MP on her. Sucks for all the players out there trying to roll D Kalis though. The rest of the REM cards are pretty whatever. Awoken cards and MP dragons have really pushed special and collab rares right out of the game. (The silvers are pretty nice though. New players can probably benefit from rolling a trap REM for once.)

Super happy to see 5x4 latent resist farming coming though! Hoping my fairly underdeveloped Yomidra team will be strong enough to take these on.

Quantum

I don't really care too much about the Christmas REM. Sure I'd like RKali, but she is basically a different colored DKali. I'd prefer a DKali over RKali personally. Ever since I got Halloween Kali though, I haven't had that much of a need for her since I don't plan to run Ra Dragon. My A.Ra team with 2xLKali, Halloween Kali and A.Isis is usually enough for most things.

I don't know, I kind of like the new GFEs, especially the Dark one. I'd like to have her for my Yomi Dragon team. Wood/Hearts/Jammers/Poison change to Dark orbs and Dark orbs fall more easily for 4 turns (10 turns max) is pretty good. Too bad she is a 6 star GFE, so I don't have much of a chance to get her.

I think that is my problem, with each new GFE release I think about how they would fit on an existing team rather than the fun I would normally have creating a new team - with a new lead.

new kali? maybe find a spot on my S.dragon team, but with 3 max'd ares - not even sure.

I understand this is more of an end game problem - for new players and "early" whale players the more GFEs the better - but after developing multiple core teams my personal meta changed to your view - how will this modify an existing team.

Yeah, that dark GFE looks real nice. I'm about to start running an Awoken Yomi team and it seems like she's a good sub for that.

Not sure what I'm doing with the Christmas REM. Probably waiting to see how the pulls are, and maybe rolling once or twice towards the end of the event. Nothing in there I need, though I'd take a RKali. I have one DKali, so I'm not desperate for her or anything.

Yeah, the Juggler-Awoken Egyptian-MP dragon powercreep in the past year+ had really put Gungho in a bind. Powercreep was always inevitable but the speed of it happening has people wary of investing in things that get left behind in a couple of months down the road. Players with the latest and greatest want to stay ahead of the wave and players who don't are just trying to keep up. The popularity of tier lists like Game8's doesn't help either.

Even I'm reconsidering rolling here and I'm usually a fan of special REMs since I'm less likely to roll a dupe of what I already have. Seems like art is the biggest draw for this REM...

ccbfan

The new GFE are some major subs power creep.

Those actives are way too fast to do all that.

Bad orbs removal, direct double orb change, sky fall increase all at only 10 counter?

Plus those awokenings?

Bladelaw

Where are you guys getting the Christmas Egg Machine info? I'm looking to see if it'll be worth rolling over the Godfest or if I should just save my stones for a more interesting time.

Also in the Evo Pal machine can I can obtain elemental jewels? I noticed the "rare" monster Pal says the Jewel of Flame can be obtained from it. I need 2 more of these to awaken Shiva and I have no clue how else to obtain it where I'm currently at. Is it worth throwing some Pal points here?

Where are you guys getting the Christmas Egg Machine info? I'm looking to see if it'll be worth rolling over the Godfest or if I should just save my stones for a more interesting time.

Also in the Evo Pal machine can I can elemental jewels? I noticed the "rare" monster Pal says the Jewel of Flame can be obtained from it. I need 2 more of these to awaken Shiva and I have no clue how else to obtain it where I'm currently at. Is it worth throwing some Pal points here?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=441
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=442
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/seasonal/151210_xmas_gacha.html

Also in the Evo Pal machine can I can elemental jewels? I noticed the "rare" monster Pal says the Jewel of Flame can be obtained from it. I need 2 more of these to awaken Shiva and I have no clue how else to obtain it where I'm currently at. Is it worth throwing some Pal points here?

Jewels are in the current pal machine, Rare Monster Carnival, and are in the rare evo material pal. I think the one coming up next is going to be the one with the kings, which won't have the jewels. That one's good for exp.

Anyone else been getting amazing Jewel rates on the current PEM?

Every 10 rolls gives me at least 1 jewel.

I've gotten a couple. I don't really understand this PEM exactly. I know Phoenix is needed for A. Shiva, but what's the point of Unicorn, Griffith, and Kraken? Is there any reason to keep these? I get excited when I see a gold egg come out, but it's been a lot of those 3.

Kyuur

Beat Kaguya Mythical yesterday. No awakenings is interesting; if it wasn't no RCV as well I would've ran Gadius instead probably. Double delay helped a lot with skill charging.

Also postin' the new GFE since no one here has yet! Descriptions here.

We finally got a green row leader guys
except her sub pool is super limited due to machine req
!! Blue dethrones A.Orochi as highest damage once plussed. All of them as subs are insane.

Nice, that seals the deal.. really good REM for newcomers and I will most certainly roll a couple times. There are certainly worse units than the *Element Echidnas, and some of their leader skills are frankly crazy for silver eggs, like mini-Awoken Amaterasus with HP boost.

I'm pretty happy with me Dmeta team, but is there any room for improvement? (with my actual box)

https://www.padherder.com/user/WhiteL/teams/#127241

I would personally roll with Durga instead of mini-Haku unless you absolutely need a full board changer for the dungeon. Better stats, better awakenings and 60x is nice to clear tough stuff since you're lacking a TPA monster like Satsuki.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Beat Kaguya Mythical yesterday. No awakenings is interesting; if it wasn't no RCV as well I would've ran Gadius instead probably. Double delay helped a lot with skill charging.

Also postin' the new GFE since no one here has yet! Descriptions here.

We finally got a green row leader guys
except her sub pool is super limited due to machine req
!! Blue dethrones A.Orochi as highest damage once plussed. All of them as subs are insane.

Nice, that seals the deal.. really good REM for newcomers and I will most certainly roll a couple times. There are certainly worse units than the *Element Echidnas, and some of their leader skills are frankly crazy for silver eggs, like mini-Awoken Amaterasus with HP boost.

I would personally roll with Durga instead of mini-Haku unless you absolutely need a full board changer for the dungeon. Better stats, better awakenings and 60x is nice to clear tough stuff since you're lacking a TPA monster like Satsuki.
I changed Haku with Zuoh.

See how it goes.

Bladelaw

well I burned 5000 pal points on this Pal Machine. I got 1 Jewel of Flame and a haku skill up out of it. Just need 1 more jewel, Phoenix, and Theurgia

just

razterik

Yeah, I've thought this since they were announced. XMas Echidna alone has a better raw leader skill than Ronia of all things. Throw in some farmables or a couple lucky rolls and you have something that could carry you through most of the early and mid game.

The new GFE don't excite me much beyond being subs because there's no real use for them as leaders yet. I would think this strongly implies GungHo will build teams for them in the future, but they've released GFEs before only to ignore them afterwards. The green one isn't very good because row damage doesn't compensate for it's lack of skill boost and skill bind resist. Blue has the easiest time covering both those awakenings, but mostly with row subs and there's no standout TPA leader. Her ATK is awful if you aren't making TPAs all the time, but I would run her on my blue Urd team (that I don't run anyway). Dark is the best for me even if orb enhance awakenings aren't that impressive past a certain point. Great stats and her active is Satsuki and Z8 rolled together, but missing the haste boost. She's probably going to end up being the Dark Kali equivalent for YomiDra teams, where you want two as subs for true functionality. That's some whale bait right there.

I'm still pissed about Red Kali. I think what bothers me most is they rug-pulled us so obviously and intentionally. Every single other base 8* has been available as purchase in the MP shop, so the expectation that she would be is not misplaced. They knew they were fucking with us the whole time when they announced the cards and didn't indicate either 8* as an MP purchase when they've labelled them early before. They gave us a whole day to get hyped and whip up a frenzy only to yank it away for Xmas Ronia, a card which has no business being an 8* when her similar sisters are 7*. And since it's now two 8*, the chance of rolling Red Kali is cut in half compared to HalloKali and Beach Claire, as if the odds weren't so damn ridiculously low already.

All this for a card that's not even a good leader, arguably a worse sub than the normal version which is likely easier to pull at this point, and will probably be pushed out of the meta in four months. Lots of people were considering rolling a lot for MP or shredding their boxes for Red Kali, probably even for two of her, and many of them like me didn't even get RaDra yet. That's at least several hundred dollars of investment, not including the sizable amount needed to max build a new team for Arena and then potentially reroll things that were sold off before they could be boosted in the future. Instead they are taking a short-sighted approach of trying to milk as much money out of us right now as possible while burning tons of goodwill, player interest/engagement and a more stable income progression as they inevitably push that endgame goalpost out further in the near future.

tl;dr - GungHo sucks and their game is shit.

idk, a lot of people were expecting that Christmas Kali wouldn't be an MP mon. GungHo would be leaving way too much money on the table by letting people just buy that active skill.

razterik

Expectation too strong a word? Hope? Wish? Dream? Heh.

Honestly, in isolation, her active isn't worth it. You have to combine it with a bunch of other stuff first before it's really great, including another copy of the skill and the best leader to take advantage of it. I would argue that getting players to invest more over time to pull out her full value is worth the slight difference in immediate earnings.

As far as leaving money on the table, they've been doing that since introducing the MP dragons as the premier endgame leaders. How many people built one of them and then stopped or greatly decreased spending because nothing could compare or had as much return on investment.

Top Bottom