• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

Haha, oops! For some reason I've been parsing that as 2.5x ATK and 1.5x HP. I'm dumb.

Still not at all bad for a tank team, though.

Alraune is the good one.

Jagernaut

Haha, oops! For some reason I've been parsing that as 2.5x ATK and 1.5x HP. I'm dumb.

Still not at all bad for a tank team, though.

Alraune is the good one.

Menace in different colors is cool but their hp (besides Alraune) is too low for REM mobs and they are not good leads even for beginners IMO.

coy

12314231_1181467238548533_1052298320876306572_o.jpg
12370734_1181467311881859_16101437701226634_o.jpg
*White Christmas Event Godfest Day 1 Details*
[Day 1 Duration]: 12/12 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PST)

This Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and Godfest Exclusives.

Day One will feature the brand new Mechanical Star Series Gods, in addition to Norse Series Gods. Evolved forms of Norse Series Gods are also included in the Godfest. Also during the White Christmas event, all eggs from the Rare Egg Machine will have guaranteed +Egg status!

For more details on the Mechanical Star Series Gods, see here: http://on.fb.me/1M4muEi

See here for the full Godfest announcement: http://on.fb.me/1SPuXkb

- Mechanical Star Series Gods (NEW) -
2415 Antares
2417 Alrescha
2419 Spica
2421 Pollux
2423 Castor

- Norse Series Gods -
368 Freyr
370 Idunn&Idunna
372 Freyja
374 Thor
376 Loki

- Godfest Exclusives -
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh
2141 Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
2143 Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire
2145 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
2147 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
2149 Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
2440 Orange Dragonbound, Saria
2442 Blue Dragonbound, Ryune

12370734_1181467311881859_16101437701226634_o.jpg

*White Christmas Event Godfest Day 2 Details*
[Day 2 Duration]: 12/13 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PST)

This Godfest features 3x Rates for featured Gods and Godfest Exclusives.

Day Two will feature the Mechanical Star Series and Hero Series Gods. Evolved forms of Hero Series Gods are also included in the Godfest.Also during the White Christmas event, all eggs will have guaranteed +Egg status!

For more details on the Mechanical Star Series Gods, see here: http://on.fb.me/1M4muEi

See here for the full Godfest announcement: http://on.fb.me/1SPuXkb

- Mechanical Star Series Gods (NEW) -
2415 Antares
2417 Alrescha
2419 Spica
2421 Pollux
2423 Castor

- Hero Series Gods -
1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

- Godfest Exclusives -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh
2141 Scarlet Dragon Caller, Tsubaki
2143 Indigo Dragon Caller, Sumire
2145 Jasper Dragon Caller, Kaede
2147 Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna
2149 Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
2440 Orange Dragonbound, Saria
2442 Blue Dragonbound, Ryune

Hmmmm, might have to roll a couple in that godfest. Day 2 since I have no heroes and I'm of the opinion that no kalis = no roll. Is the constellation series any good? Haven't heard much, but Castor looks like a good sub for a few teams.

coy

Sorry mobile is being dumb with my edits as I forgot to include the actual event info.

*White Christmas Event Part 1*
[Part 1 Duration]: 12/11 (Fri), 12:00 AM (PST) - 12/20 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Take out your warm winter clothes and holiday cheer--The Puzzle & Dragons White Christmas event is here! Holidays are a time of giving, and this event has a lovely lineup of dungeons and gifts for you to enjoy!

This event will also introduce a new brand new Christmas content that will only be available during this event!

So from the Puzzle & Dragons North America team to you, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
12/11 - 12/20 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Hear those Sleigh Bells Ring!
Let holiday cheer sweep through and give you the courage necessary to take on these tough Ultimate Rush dungeons!

12/11 - 12/12 - Ultimate Devil Rush!
12/14 - 12/15 - Ultimate Dragon Rush!
12/16 - 12/17 - Ultimate God Rush!
12/19 - 12/20 - Ultimate Yamato Rush!

■③ The Gift of Giving
There is no better time to offer gift dungeons than the holidays! We hope you enjoy this dungeon, and more is on the way!

12/11 - 12/20 - Experience of a Lifetime

■④ Great Stocking Stuffers
Part 1 of this event will be including Challenge Dungeon Series 17, Cold Sprite, and Shadow Sprite! That’s a lot of rewards--and that doesn’t even include dungeons in Part 2 of the event!

12/11 - 12/20 - Challenge Dungeons!
12/12 - 12/14 - Cold Steel
12/17 - 12/19 - Scarlet Snake Princess

■⑤ Nothing to Scrooge Over
As of the White Christmas event, Ruins of the Star Vault and Hera-Ur Descended (5x4 Board) will be made available to purchase as Coin Dungeons. For more details, see our Coin Dungeon lineup announcement: http://on.fb.me/1NxToOD

12/11 - 12/27 - Ruins of the Star Vault
12/11 - 12/27 - Hera-Ur Descended (5x4 Board) (NEW!)

■⑥ Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
This demon will keep you warm during the cold winter nights--maybe a little too warm!

12/18 - 12/20 - ????????????

■⑦ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
Spirit Jewel Invades is active during Part 1 of the White Christmas Event!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
12/11 - Zeus & Hera Descended!
12/12 - Sphinx Descended!
12/12 - Tengu!!!
12/13 - Heracles Descended!
12/13 - Zhang Fei!!
12/14 - Athena Descended!
12/14 - Nordis Descended!
12/15 - Izanami Descended!
12/16 - Hera-Is Descended!
12/17 - Grimoires Descended!
12/18 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
12/19 - Zhao Yun Descended!
12/20 - The Thief Descended!

■⑧ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Rare Egg Machine Bonus:
All Rare Egg Machine pulls during this event are guaranteed +Egg status!

Dungeon Bonus:
Chance for TAMADRA to appear in Castle of Satan and Castle of Satan in the Abyss [ends on 12/20 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)]
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons

Fusion Bonus:
2.5x chance for Skill Up

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Negator

Skipping Godfest.

I am so ready for spirit jewel invades. I need an absurd amount of Dark Jewels and Diza skillups are cool too.

Bladelaw

Ok so everyone keeps going on about Kali. As I understand it she's a Ra team sub with a full board change like Fat Chocobo and Devilits. guaranteeing max power via Ra's LS if you can solve the board. Is there anything else that makes her so desirable besides better stats than the above?

Ok so everyone keeps going on about Kali. As I understand it she's a Ra team sub with a full board change like Fat Chocobo and Devilits. guaranteeing max power via Ra's LS if you can solve the board. Is there anything else that makes her so desirable besides better stats than the above?

Asides from great stats, she also has very good awakenings, and Dragon typing has limited use on certain teams.

Jagernaut

Light Kali has 1 extend time and 2 two prong awakenings and is also a good leader. Dark Kali is unbindable and has 2 extend time awakenings. Fat Chocobo is decent because of his skill, but inferior.

hermit7

Probably have 4 rolls or so for them. Will definitely roll, new gods are pretty good and Ryune or the light one would be sweet too.

Kyuur

Crap, only 2 rolls at most for this. There isn't anyone I -really- want, so maybe I'll save for Christmas REM.

Feels like that new pantheon made it here really quickly!

I didn't know jewels invaded the coin dungeons. Bought God Rush for the clear stone and to use up some idle stam. Got a Leilan invade. Also got the S-rank TAMA. If PADX is correct then there should also be a chance for latent invades. If these dungeons also count toward 10x descends, that would be incredible, being able to get jewels, latents, and +eggs all from 1 dungeon.

Jost awoke one of my Haku's and I am absolutely crazy about my Dmeta team right now.

Dmeta, A haku, DD Haku, Satsuki, hanzo

Just easily clearing so much content and effortless farming. Hoping to get a Persophone sometime.

razterik

I didn't know jewels invaded the coin dungeons. Bought God Rush for the clear stone and to use up some idle stam. Got a Leilan invade. Also got the S-rank TAMA. If PADX is correct then there should also be a chance for latent invades. If these dungeons also count toward 10x descends, that would be incredible, being able to get jewels, latents, and +eggs all from 1 dungeon.

Jewels have been in the Rush coin dungeons a long time. God is always Leilan invade, Hera is Karin, Dragon is MeiMei, Devil is Kirin, and Yamato is Haku.

I think the latents are only there when the Rush is featured in the daily dungeons during latent invade events. Even if they do show in the coin versions, they don't overlap with jewel invades.

Rush dungeons, like all coin Descendeds, do count for the boosted rates whenever 10x arrives. This is actually really nice when the 10x coincides with 2x or 1.5x coin dungeon drop rates, but that's not likely happening in NA since we never get those.

Meh, 14% on Ranking dungeon. Guess I'll have to try again near the deadline.

Quantum

Jewels have been in the Rush coin dungeons a long time. God is always Leilan invade, Hera is Karin, Dragon is MeiMei, Devil is Kirin, and Yamato is Haku.

I think the latents are only there when the Rush is featured in the daily dungeons during latent invade events. Even if they do show in the coin versions, they don't overlap with jewel invades.

Rush dungeons, like all coin Descendeds, do count for the boosted rates whenever 10x arrives. This is actually really nice when the 10x coincides with 2x or 1.5x coin dungeon drop rates, but that's not likely happening in NA since we never get those.

did 28% without making a specific team, just took a poison. probably have to think about it - might mess around to see what I can do.

Ah okay. Was wondering if they rotated. Good to know they're a reliable source for specific jewels. 14%? What team are you running. Just did my first run with Shivagon and only managed to make it into the 30% bracket. Is it worth going for higher combos over time? I was going for combos but noticed I got way for points for time. I haven't read up on any optimal strategies, and I guess previous strategies were nerfed with GH penalizing button-pushing clears.

hermit7

Got in the top 20 or so percent without a great team.

Had Rodin but threw on Lilith for the shorter cool down. Might try dmeta or maybe Bastet and combo harder. Second run was a lot easier and averaged maybe 7 or so combos.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My Ra runs for Ranking have been misery. I have had board after board after board where 5 colors were not possible. I only have two board changers. May need to consider a new team.

E: Can this be done with a DMeta team?

razterik

Ran my normal ShivDra and dropped Valk for Lilith. Debating about taking Rodin instead. My ranking has actually gone up into single digits now that more people are attempting.

Combos are worthless, take too much time, especially with slow skyfalls. Damage is capped, so no real bonus to going crazy there. Just be as fast as possible, time matters most.

Nic, rainbow match teams for this stuff are terrible. Pandora or even Ronia will give better scores. Dark Tron has to take hits and pray for no heart drops, wouldn't suggest it.

Quantum

17.1% (s.dragon/urd/ares/lilith/yamato/s.dragon)

- used lilith, urd and ares - 4.9 combo avg, largest damage 4.9 mil
- not a special run.

probably can do much better.

/raz - time - really?
- rodin wont be ready by turn two - hmm - maybe I could get it by turn two...

edit 2: lol my rank is moving up too now that more people are trying

edit 3: using Razterik advise ran for speed, no combos - 8.7%

Okay. Second run 12%. Could've been higher but stupidly forgot to activate Rodin on flr 2 and wasted a turn. Running

Shivagon
Yamato
Ares
Uriel
Rodin
Shivagon

A Shivagon activation gets Rodin active by turn 2.

razterik

Rodin means you have to tap ShivDra, which takes time.

My run was terrible play, my average combo was like 3 or something. I don't care as long as I stay in top 10%, but I will probably have to make another run near the end unless all of NA is as universally bad at this game as I am, heh.

Here comes Santa Claus..

jay23

Really not sure what team I should use for this. I'm too slow with awoken ra so that's out of the question. Is Shiva a good option? Maybe sub in Lilith or ra for floor 2?

Quantum

My run was terrible play, my average combo was like 3 or something. I don't care as long as I stay in top 10%, but I will probably have to make another run near the end unless all of NA is as universally bad at this game as I am, heh.

I'll probably only run it again if I drop out of single digits - totally didn't think of using shivadra to activate rodin.

Honestly I just replaced Leilan with Rodin on my standard Shivagon team to deal with flr 2. Didn't put much thought into it. But I just realized I can swap out Uriel for my second Rodin and not even have to activate Shivagon. I'll try it later when my stam refills. Too busy to refresh and make use of a full bar right now.

LuffyZoro

I fucked up my comboing and ended up taking a lot longer than I should have, so I only got 45%. I'll run it again in a bit and do better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ran my normal ShivDra and dropped Valk for Lilith. Debating about taking Rodin instead. My ranking has actually gone up into single digits now that more people are attempting.

Combos are worthless, take too much time, especially with slow skyfalls. Damage is capped, so no real bonus to going crazy there. Just be as fast as possible, time matters most.

Nic, rainbow match teams for this stuff are terrible. Pandora or even Ronia will give better scores. Dark Tron has to take hits and pray for no heart drops, wouldn't suggest it.

Thanks - Ronia team gave me a POSITIVE score. Still need to work on quick clearing, but 35k is MUCH better than -100k or whatever I was at before.

E: Got my DMeta team to hit 92k for top 22%. I can shave a few seconds I think still.

11.9% with Ra Dragon. Comboing by the seat of my pants. I'll need to try Shiva Dragon, but my red cards are so underdeveloped that I doubt I can outdo my Radra team with them.

Not really a fan of how the ranking dungeon encourages speed. I'd rather see a turn timer or something. It feels like I'm almost being punished for getting high combos, given that they eat into the time.

hermit7

Re did the rank dungeon and got around 13th percent.

Ran it with shiva shooting for 4 combos, have Lilith on my team up turn 2 (when it's needed).

6 combo on Hermes, need a decent combo on floor 5, 6 on Zeus and he is dead.

Forgot to pop Lilith first turn and still did pretty well, could probably break into top 10 with a decent run but I would be happy too with the second tier.

jay23

Really surprised my first attempt did terrible top 30% then I tried it again and ended up top 12%.

Would've been top 10% but the ra active penalty messed it up.

Rixa

Going to run dungeon later today few times, hoping for positive points :p. My Thursdays are Trifruit farming, kinda good Thursday, managed to get 3 Green Trifruits with natural stamina.

It seems that Ranking Dungeon is again "New" status for me, thus getting one more stone from there.

Crap, only 2 rolls at most for this. There isn't anyone I -really- want, so maybe I'll save for Christmas REM.

Feels like that new pantheon made it here really quickly!
Iam going to make a christmas present for myself. Pulling 24th for around 8-10 times for those silvers. Not touching for Godfest this time.

Hopefully should be good enough to stay in top 10%. Looking at mike23's post, looks like going for higher combos isn't worth the lost time. I did a full 6-combo even when poisoning flr 2. All those seconds add up. But I'm not going to waste stam trying to better my score unless it looks like I'm in danger of falling below top 10%.

v4ZeKLC.png

zaj41y4.png

Rixa

For weeks, my alt was in situation "Cant get wood rem units for Verdandi". Then PCGF I managed to pull U&Y (dupe). Today came exp carneval, had 28 pulls and managed to pull HMDragon.
I decided maybe my alt would be good account to learn comboing with U&Y. Reality strikes back, I dont have good Water / Dark unit. Quick rethinking, lets change leader. Now the fun starts...
Still needing lots of awokens & Beast Rider needs to be uevoed and not sure if Chrono Turtle is better choice than WDS (which needs evo).

chrono01

I haven't been playing this game much over the last several months, mostly because I feel overwhelmed over not knowing what team(s) I should make. I've been logging in and making pulls on the gatcha when I can, so I have a decent amount of units, as well as evolution materials to evolve [and more Tamadra than I know what to do with], so those shouldn't be an issue. I just don't know what to focus on. So many of my monsters can be ultimate evo'd, I'm just waiting to see which particular team/build I should work towards before I spend any of them.

Here's a link to my PadHerder:

https://www.padherder.com/user/chrono01/monsters/

I was thinking of maybe making an Urd team? I know she has more flexibility with subs, and would pair well with the many Shiva Dragons currently being used. I'm open to other teams too, of course.

Really, I'm just looking for something that's relatively easy to use for standard farming/easier descents, until I become more accustomed to the game again. I've been away for so long.

If any of you could give me a recommendation on a team I can put together, it'd be greatly appreciated.

smbu2000

Well I pulled in the new GF and I got another 6 star GFE on my iPhone!

Rodin #3...uhhh...
Still haven't max skilled #2. I'm contemplating selling him for MP. 50k MP would be nice. He's my 5th 6 star GFE...3x Rodins, 1x Blodin and 1x Gronia.

If I sold my new Rodin and Gronia, I'd have a good amount of MP with what I already have. I could possibly afford another Yomi Dragon...

Speaking of which, I just need 1 dark orb to uevo my Yomi Dragon (I only need 1 more badpy as well thanks to the new Challenge Dungeons.)

I'm missing Izanami on my iPad. I just need to wait patiently until it appears again... It was a PIA getting the two devilits I needed (1 for the uevo and 1 to uevo Zaerog). I tried the Friday dungeon like 10 times and I had 2 devilit drops and a lot of angelits that I don't need. I have about 25 now and no use for them. I could use a lot of devilits to try and skill up my 3rd Satsuki when the change occurs again.

Lucifer doesn't look bad. Now I'm regretting not giving him all of those skill up drops I got from running Kanetsugu non-stop during the last event. I wanted the plus eggs for other characters.

Top Bottom