• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I haven't been playing this game much over the last several months, mostly because I feel overwhelmed over not knowing what team(s) I should make. I've been logging in and making pulls on the gatcha when I can, so I have a decent amount of units, as well as evolution materials to evolve [and more Tamadra than I know what to do with], so those shouldn't be an issue. I just don't know what to focus on. So many of my monsters can be ultimate evo'd, I'm just waiting to see which particular team/build I should work towards before I spend any of them.

Here's a link to my PadHerder:

https://www.padherder.com/user/chrono01/monsters/

I was thinking of maybe making an Urd team? I know she has more flexibility with subs, and would pair well with the many Shiva Dragons currently being used. I'm open to other teams too, of course.

Really, I'm just looking for something that's relatively easy to use for standard farming/easier descents, until I become more accustomed to the game again. I've been away for so long.

If any of you could give me a recommendation on a team I can put together, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Urd/split.Ame/CaoCao/Chiyome/Another Urd or whatever/whatever

-You can easily move this into an Awoken Shiva team once he's ready.

-Minerva can be awoken to cheese some dungeons or used as a sub if needed.

-Misato would be cool to use but since she isn't skilled up, it may be better to take a faster orb changer.

-Could use a Kagutsuchi to prong harder.

Yomato/Leilan/Chiyome/whatever/whatever

-Fill in the rest with as many rows as you can. HP is going to be low without +eggs but rows are ezpz and you have enough in the box to field a team with orb changing so you can run wild with the tomato

-Lack of skill ups is going to hurt a lot, more so with low hp levels.

-I like the Urd/Awoken Shiva team more then this one, it's more flexible and you can change the leader between Urd and Shiva as needed. Most of the things here aren't/won't be god-typing, so you can't move them over to a Shiva Dragon team.

-----

Blonia/Blodin/Blodin/Karin(Awoken)/Amon
-Tank, spank, call it a day. With her new UVO coming out you'll be spanking pretty hard with two blue Odins.

Neptune(Awoken)/Karin(Awoken)/Beast Rider/whatever else

-Not great, it's just something I was trying to make after seeing him in the box, I'd lean hard on Blue Sonia for a blue team.

-----

(Awoken)Best(A+)cat/Green Zhuge/Meimei(Awoken)/Kushinada(Or Susanoo)/Something with prongs-maybe the rider

-Bastet will field anything, mostly green, with prongs and some kind of utility, be it: orb and board change, shields or enhancement of some sort.

-----

Thor(Awoken)/LIGHT ROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWSSSSS X 4(Da Qiao should be in there)

-Pair with the new GFE Saria and go to town with all that extra RCV and HP.

-You can even use that light valk in there to give more light orbs if you're willing to sack your light rows a bit.
Kaliseum clear using farmable subs (leaders are still REM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-9r9WNOj_4
What Cosmo said.

-----

Lucifer/dark stuff

-See you next year

You have Haku, Okuninushi, Loki(Soon to get an awakening evo) and Satsuki. You just need a good dark prong lead. Okuni can fill that slot till you find something better if you're into that all-or-nothing gameplay. You also have enough dark rows to just make a Lu Bu row team.

Overall, I like your blue Sonia team the best, it's easy, you already have a lot of the best parted awakened and her new UVO is going to help you even more. Bastet, while recently downgraded in the tier lists, is still the best(cat). You'll want a tri-pronger and/or a Verdandi for an even better team. Urd/Shiva team is cool as well, you'll want to get some kind of tri-pronger for that team as well, so be on the look out.

Forgot the most important part like a dumb ass:
Welcome back

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did Zeus & Hera Legend with Ra. I'm not sure I can do Mythical. That last stage is pretty intense. Got the drop, though. 45% gravity max skilled would be siiiiick.

Kwhit10

Got 16% with lkali/dkali/A.Yomi/lillith/lmeta/lkali

Average combo was 6.7, so maybe I should go for time instead of combos to get a better score.

Rixa

^^ Yea, then I fed 6 Fire Super Kings to Ares just to get 1 skill up, I still need one. Hopefully can get it before he is at max level, now at 93 level.

Pulled 40 times from enhance REM, got 0 dark super kings but 3 Extreme kings. My Persephone needs supers, she has been treated purely. Only Super kings fed to Persephone after uevo and she is 98 level / skill level 6.

Well I actively improved overnight! Went from 22% to 21% on the ranking.

I'm going to yolo pull day 2, because I want a Kali (all I have the bought and paid for Hkali) And probably yolo Christmas REM.

Skill ups weren't kind to me today either. 0/12 over several different cards.

I really like Lucifer's art, but I'm not sure the changes will do much to make him more useful.

I got really excited because at first glance I thought it was Awoken FA Lucifer. I'm itching to see what they decide to do with him.

Kyuur

With active buff, Lucifer could be slotted into a Typhon team since he makes the exact number of hearts for activation. Too bad the CD is a bit high though still, and drops you to 1HP (I don't think Typhon teams amass as much RCV as Gadius does).

Jonsoncao

Banned
Hopefully should be good enough to stay in top 10%. Looking at mike23's post, looks like going for higher combos isn't worth the lost time. I did a full 6-combo even when poisoning flr 2. All those seconds add up. But I'm not going to waste stam trying to better my score unless it looks like I'm in danger of falling below top 10%.

v4ZeKLC.png

zaj41y4.png

Wow nice man. I think based on the JP scores, even with the penalty for a shooting team like Ilm+Ra+Rodins, you are still gonna get 140k range scores.

I used a classic Ronia+poison team and got 3.3%...hopefully this is enough for staying with 10% and getting the prize.
r6T2epR.png

With active buff, Lucifer could be slotted into a Typhon team since he makes the exact number of hearts for activation. Too bad the CD is a bit high though still, and drops you to 1HP (I don't think Typhon teams amass as much RCV as Gadius does).

Yeah, I've been running Typhon and it takes a while to heal back up. Might not be too big of a problem if you're planning your actives to heal and wipe every floor, but probably not ideal. Honestly, I think I'd try him on my team. Currently I'm running Grape dragon for my farming team. I'd rather have a Pandora though.

bjork

Evolved a base Vishnu earlier today, and used FP dragons to get him up to 41. Just need to wait for Keeper day to get the one I need to do his ultimate evolution.

MiTYH

Sorry for the VERY noobish question, but is this ranking thing only available at high levels? I only recently rerolled and don't see it anywhere (not like I could compete, but still).

Also, how is Nephthys for a God unit? I just pulled her and she seems pretty sweet

Sorry for the VERY noobish question, but is this ranking thing only available at high levels? I only recently rerolled and don't see it anywhere (not like I could compete, but still).

Also, how is Nephthys for a God unit? I just pulled her and she seems pretty sweet

Need to be Rank 150

linsivvi

Rainbow teams really suck at speed runs. Did a dozen runs and only managed to crack 110K once. Don't think it will stay under 10% but I'll be happy if it can hold on to top 20%.

Edit: Maybe I should try a Ronia team and see how it goes.

Kyuur

She isn't top tier, but still fairly good and will get you through a solid portion of the game. She's getting a new ultimate soon too that improves her a bit.

Top-tier waifu.

Kyuur

You really need poison or 75-100% defense reduction. Luckily I had a semi-skilled Lilith sitting around from yesterday's Cauchemar!

Which Okuninushi UEvo is typically labelled as the best?

The dark/dark variant has way more HP, but the dark/water has more attack and more awakening possibilities. Leaning toward the latter.

hermit7

The dark/dark variant has way more HP, but the dark/water has more attack and more awakening possibilities. Leaning toward the latter.

Yeah d/b is typically the better suited one. The extra awakenings really make up for the difference in Hp.

Welp, crawled into top 6% with a Shivadra team. I think I can score a little better with a few changes, but I'll wait and see how close I am to being pushed out of top 10% before I spend anymore stamina on it.

D/B. Higher attack and two TPAs is enormous.

smbu2000

I picked up a dark jewel thanks to the gift from the event and I was able to uevo my yomi dragon, yay! Now I just need 1 more badpy.

Still working on my team though. I currently have my Halloween Kali/A.Haku/Haku/Kite. Kite isn't a god, but he has a lot of enhance orb awakenings/board change/2x SBR and he can work in the meantime until I can get somebody else there. I also need 3 more dark jewels in order to make my second A.Haku. She only needs about 20 something-ish ATK plus eggs to get her to 297. I'm still thinking about trying to get another Yomi Dragon to be a sub...Or I could start plus egging my D/L Okuni. (need to skill him up too) I did also pick up a Persephone in the GF as well. She might be useful.

I bought the 5x4 Kaguya-hime coin dungeon intending to use my Yomi Dragon team and then I saw that it was a no awakening dungeon. Well that takes out Yomi Dragon since I need enhanced orbs. My Kite team was out as well. Decided to use Vegito and after screwing up a bit, managed to clear it on both difficulties and pick up my stone. 5x4 boards with no awakenings is tough...

chrono01

Urd/split.Ame/CaoCao/Chiyome/Another Urd or whatever/whatever

-You can easily move this into an Awoken Shiva team once he's ready.

-Minerva can be awoken to cheese some dungeons or used as a sub if needed.

-Misato would be cool to use but since she isn't skilled up, it may be better to take a faster orb changer.

-Could use a Kagutsuchi to prong harder.

Yomato/Leilan/Chiyome/whatever/whatever

-Fill in the rest with as many rows as you can. HP is going to be low without +eggs but rows are ezpz and you have enough in the box to field a team with orb changing so you can run wild with the tomato

-Lack of skill ups is going to hurt a lot, more so with low hp levels.

-I like the Urd/Awoken Shiva team more then this one, it's more flexible and you can change the leader between Urd and Shiva as needed. Most of the things here aren't/won't be god-typing, so you can't move them over to a Shiva Dragon team.

-----

Blonia/Blodin/Blodin/Karin(Awoken)/Amon
-Tank, spank, call it a day. With her new UVO coming out you'll be spanking pretty hard with two blue Odins.

Neptune(Awoken)/Karin(Awoken)/Beast Rider/whatever else

-Not great, it's just something I was trying to make after seeing him in the box, I'd lean hard on Blue Sonia for a blue team.

-----

(Awoken)Best(A+)cat/Green Zhuge/Meimei(Awoken)/Kushinada(Or Susanoo)/Something with prongs-maybe the rider

-Bastet will field anything, mostly green, with prongs and some kind of utility, be it: orb and board change, shields or enhancement of some sort.

-----

Thor(Awoken)/LIGHT ROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWSSSSS X 4(Da Qiao should be in there)

-Pair with the new GFE Saria and go to town with all that extra RCV and HP.

-You can even use that light valk in there to give more light orbs if you're willing to sack your light rows a bit.

What Cosmo said.

-----

Lucifer/dark stuff

-See you next year

You have Haku, Okuninushi, Loki(Soon to get an awakening evo) and Satsuki. You just need a good dark prong lead. Okuni can fill that slot till you find something better if you're into that all-or-nothing gameplay. You also have enough dark rows to just make a Lu Bu row team.

Overall, I like your blue Sonia team the best, it's easy, you already have a lot of the best parted awakened and her new UVO is going to help you even more. Bastet, while recently downgraded in the tier lists, is still the best(cat). You'll want a tri-pronger and/or a Verdandi for an even better team. Urd/Shiva team is cool as well, you'll want to get some kind of tri-pronger for that team as well, so be on the look out.

Forgot the most important part like a dumb ass:
Welcome back
Thank you so much for this. Seriously. You broke down different team typing for me, as well as potential team combinations. I appreciate your hard work in doing so!

I'll definitely focus on my Blonia first, since I've always felt a bit partial to her [I really love her art, even more in the upcoming ultimate] and then branch out to the other teams when I find my way clear [probably Urd and then my dark team]. I have so much to work on, but I'm excited to get started!

And thanks for the welcome back, BTW. :)

Kyuur

Beautiful Evolution started well, then this happened:

God damnit Verdandi. Ended up stoning since he was so close to death and I had thought I got Red Trifruit (since the other two didn't drop, guess its not 100% here!), it was 99 stamina and I was going to get stone back anyways. Died again cause no green, stoned again, didn't actually get trifruit. Lesson learned lmao.

chrono01

I bet you have free in your friend list.
So could you toss me friend request: 347,976,340
You bet I do [being away for so long, I have many available free slots]. I'll send an invite in a bit. :)

I plan to evolve my Blue Sonia later today [and fully awaken her] and focus on leveling her up first thing. I'll probably ultimate evolve one of my Blue Odin too, and then level the other up so I can do the same.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to decide which day(s) to pull for the GF. How are the Mechanical Star gods? And there are a LOT more GFE monsters now...Are they all decent enough to be excited about pulling?

Trying to decide which day(s) to pull for the GF. How are the Mechanical Star gods? And there are a LOT more GFE monsters now...Are they all decent enough to be excited about pulling?

I follow this guys blog and he always does a great job rating the godfests. You can also ask him questions in the comments and he'll let you know if you should roll or not.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/rating-the-godfest-1212-1213/

The mechanical star gods all seem like really good subs and decent leaders. I'm hoping to pull the dark one, Castor. Rolling a couple day 2 because Kalis, Dark gala, mech star gods, and I have zero heroes. It's like a perfect storm for me.

RBG dragon callers are probably the weakest of the bunch but even they are useful on some teams as subs. All the other newer GFEs range from great (Kalis) to very good (Norns, Kanna, Satsuki) to solid (Ilm, Zuoh).

jay23

Luci thoughts

Awesome art
3 TPA cool

Same active, why? nukes are trash in the current meta. You get 3 extra heart orbs so you can heal back up after using a useless active.

Skipping this GF I'll wait till they add the new gfe before rolling again.

Quantum

I follow this guys blog and he always does a great job rating the godfests. You can also ask him questions in the comments and he'll let you know if you should roll or not.

https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2015/12/11/rating-the-godfest-1212-1213/

The mechanical star gods all seem like really good subs and decent leaders. I'm hoping to pull the dark one, Castor. Rolling a couple day 2 because Kalis, Dark gala, mech star gods, and I have zero heroes. It's like a perfect storm for me.

He really should be sponsored by Gungho USA.

- might yolo - I don't have an I&I and would like.

chrono01

Sorry for the delay, sent you a Friend Request Rixa.

I'm currently running my Blue Sonia, but placed Urd [evolved and fully awakened] as my second leader. I'd love to run my Blue Sonia team as my primary, but I just realized that I don't have the cost to do so [2x Blue Odin Ultimate will do that...], so I might opt for Urd until I increase my team cost a bit. I've already evolved my Cao Cao [was previously max level], and will evolve my Ame no Uzume after I finish leveling her up.

If anyone else wants to send me a Friend Request, feel free. I have quite a few available slots.

Edit: Is it worth it to feed a Snow Globe Dragon Rogue to Urd? I could take her from Level 16 --> 81, just on a single feeding.

Edit: Current Urd team:

Norn of the Past, Urd [Max Awoken]
The Norn Urd [might try to evolve her today, we'll see]
Art Goddess of Entertainment, Ame no Uzume [Max Awoken]
Conquering Martial Deity, Cao Cao [is it worth Ultimate Evolving him, and if so, which one should I go for?]
Mochizuki Chiyome [will hopefully evolve her in the next few days]

Thankfully, with this team I should be able to run them all with my current team cost. I really want to try my Blue Sonia one, but I'll have to wait until later it seems. :/

It really shows how starved English players are for PAD info and analysis. Of course there are forums for discussion but not much in the way of content from single consistent sources. Also shows how successful someone can be when catering to underserved audiences. Setsu's cool, but I think GH really owes it to PADX's creator (GAF's own Beta Tester?) for keeping the game alive over here.

FZZ

Banned
LOL my score for the ranking dungeon first try was 20,000 something

Awoken Ra failed me brehs

Or I still suck >_>

smbu2000

Luci thoughts

Awesome art
3 TPA cool

Same active, why? nukes are trash in the current meta. You get 3 extra heart orbs so you can heal back up after using a useless active.

Skipping this GF I'll wait till they add the new gfe before rolling again.
Well his active is slightly modified. It now creates 6 heart orbs instead of 3 and the max turns is reduced from 15 turns down to 10. Still quite long, but better than before.

I still haven't tried the ranking dungeon yet. I have no idea what team to use. Toying with Tsubaki, SS Isis, or maybe Shiva as possible leaders. Gotta farm Twinlits, so I won't be able to try until tomorrow.

Quantum

It really shows how starved English players are for PAD info and analysis. Of course there are forums for discussion but not much in the way of content from single consistent sources. Also shows how successful someone can be when catering to underserved audiences. Setsu's cool, but I think GH really owes it to PADX's creator (GAF's own Beta Tester?) for keeping the game alive over here.

agree completely, padx is an institution for the information provided, not the discussion.

in fact I think some of the discussion on padx is plain trash.

Setsu is a whale who brings his experience to players - which I appreciate from the standpoint of an end game player - I don't need to read about how to clear castle of satan

(with no disrespect to new players)

Sorry for the delay, sent you a Friend Request Rixa.

I'm currently running my Blue Sonia, but placed Urd [evolved and fully awakened] as my second leader. I'd love to run my Blue Sonia team as my primary, but I just realized that I don't have the cost to do so [2x Blue Odin Ultimate will do that...], so I might opt for Urd until I increase my team cost a bit. I've already evolved my Cao Cao [was previously max level], and will evolve my Ame no Uzume after I finish leveling her up.

If anyone else wants to send me a Friend Request, feel free. I have quite a few available slots.

Edit: Is it worth it to feed a Snow Globe Dragon Rogue to Urd? I could take her from Level 16 --> 81, just on a single feeding.

Edit: Current Urd team:

Norn of the Past, Urd [Max Awoken]
The Norn Urd [might try to evolve her today, we'll see]
Art Goddess of Entertainment, Ame no Uzume [Max Awoken]
Conquering Martial Deity, Cao Cao [is it worth Ultimate Evolving him, and if so, which one should I go for?]
Mochizuki Chiyome [will hopefully evolve her in the next few days]

Thankfully, with this team I should be able to run them all with my current team cost. I really want to try my Blue Sonia one, but I'll have to wait until later it seems. :/

I'll send you a friend request. I have a max level Urd I run a lot. I'll move her to the first slot so she'll be up. In-game name is Dusty@PF.

Thank you so much for this. Seriously. You broke down different team typing for me, as well as potential team combinations. I appreciate your hard work in doing so!

I'll definitely focus on my Blonia first, since I've always felt a bit partial to her [I really love her art, even more in the upcoming ultimate] and then branch out to the other teams when I find my way clear [probably Urd and then my dark team]. I have so much to work on, but I'm excited to get started!

And thanks for the welcome back, BTW. :)

Welcome. I tried to add you but you were already on my friends list, go figure.

chrono01

Welcome. I tried to add you but you were already on my friends list, go figure.
Haha, thanks for keeping me added as long as you did. I promise I'll be a lot more active now, especially since I have team builds in mind to work on [thanks to your extremely helpful post]. :)

ZombAid82

Does anybody see the hera-ur descended dungeon?
Puzzleanddrangonx.com says it should be up?!?
I got a Zeus Vulcan today, finally time to evolve my Minerva!!! :)

hermit7

This series of challenge dungeons is hard to say the least.

First 8 floors are doable especially with the larger boards but even with them I am still having trouble. Will be able to beat 9 after looking it over but 10 may be a bit out of reach.

Top Bottom