• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

This series of challenge dungeons is hard to say the least.

First 8 floors are doable especially with the larger boards but even with them I am still having trouble. Will be able to beat 9 after looking it over but 10 may be a bit out of reach.

Yeah, my teams don't match-up well with this. I don't do great with 5x4 boards, and the bigger boards are no RCV and I'd want to run Typhon. I might try using Akechi matched with a friends Yomi Dragon for 5x4s, but I have no faith in pulling it off. Not fun, especially because I thought I had a team that could take on some of the higher challenges finally.

linsivvi

This series of challenge dungeons is hard to say the least.

First 8 floors are doable especially with the larger boards but even with them I am still having trouble. Will be able to beat 9 after looking it over but 10 may be a bit out of reach.

Beat floor 9 with Horus/Ra combo (I don't have Ra). Plan to do that same with floor 10 but if that fails it's Anubis time.

All but challenge 9 in the challenges done.

I shouldn't have stoned like I did in challenge 10, but I wasn't paying attention and thought it was the woodpii.

Negator

Breezed through Challenge 6 and 7 with Bastet. I imagine 8 and 9 will go similarly. 7x6 solved my board activation problems with the sheer amount of orbs on screen.

Rixa

Hehee,time will show, if I need to stone next weekend 2x skillups for Liu Bei. Fed today 5 Winrons more, saldo being 0/13...

Today using full sta to 2x when it starts in 13h time and plan is to use rank up dungeon and do some more skillups.

Tama Retreat today at somepoint (Group C starts 0.00 EET). Duh so much to do, so little sta. Maybe I stone for Tamas and Skillups.

Decisions...

One and done, thanks for the Loki.

LcXyxW5.png

razterik

One Pull.

I have the makings of a really good water team but well I never use water.

Too bad. She's actually very solid, Arena-capable even if you have I&I.

Yo is having two Sarias useful at all?

Lol

Yes, very! Her board change and haste works well on her own team. Pairing with A.Thor covers their lack of skill bind resist.

Not pulling REM till new GFEs arrive, even then might hold back. Rather displeased with the direction of the game lately.

Challenge level 10 no-stone (with bonus level 9 clear).

10 took four attempts. Kept running out of actives at Goemon and then sky falling into his rage hit. Otherwise quite easy with the 7x6 board. 9 might actually be harder in some ways, but this was a fun clear with Sarasvati.

Also ripped right through the JP Challenges with ShivDra. This was easier than any set in recent memory, didn't need more than one try for every level. 7x6 and 3 floors is just quick burn.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Single Pull and got Castor, that's cool.

Will pro a lot pull once more tomorrow since Christmas REM doesn't look too hot for me.

Quantum

- didn't pull yet
- got knocked out of the top ten percent then realized I was going to spend stamina chasing a woodpy lol
- my girlfriend is irate because I didn't get in till three am

two of these thing I can fix -

two I wont.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the drop rate like on Legend descends?

So much effort and stamina to finally beat Sphinx Descended after months and... Nothing.

Quantum

day 997

friend requests 5
current pal points 1890 - you can pull 3 times

crap
crap
crap

its great thats its 500 points per pull now.

rare egg machine - you can play 2 more times:

spica
lumiel (fifth)

not sure what I was expecting, but for a free game this is great, for a paid game - I'm buying other games instead of caring about the godfest - in fact I've got a theory - I'll actually buy a different game rather then spend money on this lately - heck - have 16 achievements in just cause 3 because of this game...(long live steam)

edit: not right place, but holy happy - just cause 3 is silly amaze balls! (and the above was not actually a theory)

Kyuur

Finished a dungeon for another stone and a pull. Lumiel? I've never heard of her!

Once she gets her ultimate, #1 sub for U&Y if you have them.

Rolled 3x (200 day bonus!):

Spica (Wood Constellation)
Pollux (Light Constellation)
Dark Chester (troll gold lol :()

Need to test with Spica, I'm not sure match-5, match-4 will be as good as 2 match-4 when I have units like Vishnu led with Verdandi, match-5 vs match-4 etc. I would love to use her though since it would mean easier recovery. No damage boost for leader though..

xCobalt

Anyone wanna exchange presents or form a BF triangle? Mainly use Awoken Shiva and Sakuya but I also have Yomi and Bastet.

ID: 356,137,283

cw_sasuke

Anyone wanna exchange presents or form a BF triangle? Mainly use Awoken Shiva and Sakuya but I also have Yomi and Bastet.

ID: 356,137,283

I would be available for a BFF triangle i run A.Bastet/Verdandi/Sakuya/Sumire most of the time...as well as DMeta/Sara/Yomi.

hermit7

Two rolls today, hanzo and Haku.

Already have 3 levelled and skilled Haku (2 awoken and 1 dd) sold for mp

Have 2 hanzo as well so that was sold too.

Will roll tomorrow maybe really just want to try out the constellation gods.

ZeroAKA

I don't know why I've never thought of it before, but I decided to take my Awoken Ra team for a spin in the Friday Mythical dungeon yesterday instead of the Lu Bu/Ronia team that I've been using since I pulled them from the REM. 2 Ra cannons and 2 Kali board changes made it easily the fastest clear I've ever had. Should be fun testing out my Ra team on the rest of the weekday dungeons next week.

jay23

I don't know why I've never thought of it before, but I decided to take my Awoken Ra team for a spin in the Friday Mythical dungeon yesterday instead of the Lu Bu/Ronia team that I've been using since I pulled them from the REM. 2 Ra cannons and 2 Kali board changes made it easily the fastest clear I've ever had. Should be fun testing out my Ra team on the rest of the weekday dungeons next week.

Do you have Max skilled Lilith? With her on the team it takes like 40 secs to clear Friday mythical.

Flr 1: ra
Flr 2: Lilith
Flr 3: ra
Flr 4: kali

ZeroAKA

Do you have Max skilled Lilith? With her on the team it takes like 40 secs to clear Friday mythical.

Flr 1: ra
Flr 2: Lilith
Flr 3: ra
Flr 4: kali
I do, but I forgot to put Lilith in my team. I have 2 max skilled LKalis though, so I used one on floor 2.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Saving final rolls for tomorrow. Snagged Castor, LTron, dupe Persophone, Muse, and 2x Dragon Rider.

E: Had to try my luck ONE more time...Got Freyr. May be able to start a Fire team now!

dantehemi

Just pulled a black dragonbound, typhoon on like my 5th re-roll...is that I a character I should be happy with or should I keep re-rolling for a horrus?

Negator

Just pulled a black dragonbound, typhoon on like my 5th re-roll...is that I a character I should be happy with or should I keep re-rolling for a horrus?

If you're rerolling it's not really all that great. He requires very specific REM subs. I would get a transfer code and write it down though, just in case your rerolling is unfavorable.

These are the most up to date lists for rerolling. One is 3 months old and is easy to use at a glance, the other is more in depth.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...eddit_reroll_guide_v20_phase_12_crowdsourced/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/rerolling

cw_sasuke

I run mostly Dmeta/Lkali/Bastet with some Yomi on the side. So if you guys need a third person, I'm game.

Yeah i would be in - just sent Cobalt a request and we should already be friends.

@dantehem

I would probably go for Bastet, Verdandi or Lkali as a starter unit.

xCobalt

Yeah i would be in - just sent Cobalt a request and we should already be friends.

@dantehem

I would probably go for Bastet, Verdandi or Lkali as a starter unit.

Sounds good. I'll set you as my BF, then you can select Yoda and then Yoga can select me once we're friends.

cw_sasuke

Sounds good. I'll set you as my BF, then you can select Yoda and then Yoga can select me once we're friends.
Nice - sounds like a plan, i will go ahead BFF Yoda then.

@Yoda
Just to be sure what is your IG again ?

Personally, I'd keep rerolling until DKali if I were just starting. Not noob-friendly, but among the rarest pulls in the game and her active and awakenings make her useful on virtually any team, including being a key piece on some of the strongest teams in the game. Power creep has made it so you don't need a noob-friendly starter to get through much of the early game. Heck, pairing up with an Awoken Kagu is easy-breezy clears through a lot of the early game, whereas we used to pair up with Sirens for autoheals. Use your starter Dragon at worst and pair up with strong helpers to get you through much of the early game. You'll be racking up clear stones to get more REM pulls. You're sure to pull something better than your starter Dragon in no time. There are so many "good" leads now, that you have a high chance of pulling any one of them. When Horus came out, there weren't many/any monsters like it. But now you can pull Horus, Isis, LKali, Sakuya, DQ, Bastet, Sonias, Norns, etc.. You'll likely pull several/multiples of good leaders and only concentrate on a few of them. Then you'll be pining for that elusive DKali or other white whale when striving for those optimal endgame teams. Your starting roll is the only way to control what you get without getting super lucky or spending hundreds/thousands chasing that white whale.

NOTE: The above is coming from a long-time, hardcore PAD player, and is just my personal strategy if I had to start over. You may just be trying out the game and not even stick with it for very long, so hours of rerolling may not be worth it for you if you just want to get playing and try the game out.

Big news about the future of the game when co-op dungeons are added later in December in JP. There's a translation on Reddit but it missed a few details so I'm going to attempt to redo them myself. The implication is that all endgame content will be moved to co-op while Special dungeons will be for... well special content like events and collabs.

山本大介 ‏@DaikeYamamoto 16h16 hours ago View translation
もう12月中旬、早いですね、、
パズドラの年内ラストアップデートにむけて正念場です!
It's already mid-December -- time flies doesn't it? PAD's last update of the year approaches the moment of truth!

山本大介 ‏@DaikeYamamoto 16h16 hours ago
次のアップデートから、協力プレイダンジョンは1人でも遊べるようになるので、チャレンジダンジョンや一部のスペシャルダンジョンは協力プレイダンジョンへ移行していく予定です。
After the next update, you will be allowed to enter co-op dungeons alone, as future Challenge Dungeons and certain Special Dungeons will find a new home in the Co-op Dungeon tab.

山本大介 ‏@DaikeYamamoto 15h15 hours ago View translation
協力プレイ用のダンジョンとして、リニューアルした裏テクニカルダンジョンを10ダンジョン、全ての【特殊】系降臨ダンジョンを配信します。
特殊系の降臨ダンジョンは、全てスタミナを減らして超絶地獄級フロアも追加予定です。
Updated versions of the 10 Alt. Technical Dungeons and all Advent Descendeds will move to the co-op dungeon tab. Advent Descendeds will receive a new difficulty tier (will probably be translated as Mythical+ in English) that uses up all your stamina.

山本大介 ‏@DaikeYamamoto 15h15 hours ago View translation
その他に、ゴッドラッシュ等のラッシュ系ダンジョンもスタミナを減らし、各種超絶地獄フロアを追加して一挙配信予定です。

完全な新規ダンジョンはマシンヘラの他に、もう1ダンジョン準備中です。
Rush dungeons like God Rush will now require stamina (they didn't in the alpha version), and will also receive Mythical+ floors.

Mecha Hera will be exclusive to co-op dungeons. One more is currently planned as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
He's back in full force ladies and gents. :)

No shame. ;)

Tomorrow will be another 10 or so pulls. I wanted one Norse from today (got Freyja and Freyr, so not bad). Tomorrow I'd LOVE to see an Odin (after Ilm and LMeta today, I have hopes of one GFE) and a Hero that's not Pandora (have 2).

chrono01

Pulled a few. AA Luci, Ilm, Freyja, Hades, Spica, Antares (sp?), and another Lu Bu. I'll do more later.
Congrats! Nice selection of units you got there.

I'm tempted to do a few pulls, but I'm waiting to see what GungHo has planned for Christmas. It probably doesn't help that I only have 13 Magic Stones. I blew everything during the past 4x GodFest, but I regret NOTHING! I got many useful monsters out of it.

razterik

Don't burn out too fast, Nic! You've already got solid teams and this isn't even a great Godfest. I'm betting the end of the year fest is better and there's the chance of 4x exclusives coming back in the future.

Switching all those dungeons to Co-op mode sounds nice if it makes way for new content (ha!), but I hope they fix co-op to actually be entertaining as opposed to a bare-bones mild distraction.. And "all your stamina"? Yeah, sure, I'll just enter that with the absolute minimum, thank you very much.

Top Bottom