• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

idk how to parse that phrase, it's either "Advent dungeons will all deduct stamina, and get a new difficulty level" or "Advent dungeons will get a new difficulty level that deducts all stamina". The first one doesn't make sense because there were no advent dungeons in alpha, while the second one makes the next tweet read oddly.

jay23

4x exclusives with the new gfe would be the best time to roll assuming they feature some of the better pantheons.

You guys think the new samurai god series is a better version of heroes? After rolling Akechi I no longer want Pandora. Who I really wanted to complete my beelz/ronia team lol. I don't use them anymore so I'm thinking of Awakening my only Haku.

razterik

It's probably the first interpretation, but this is
all speculation until it's in the wild anyway. Who knows how much it will change or if this will even go into effect for months based on their slow schedule for game alteration lately. Surprised they didn't save this announcement for the next stream, whenever that is.

Basically I read all this as "Look, shiny new(ish) things in the (far) future! Stop flaming us over our Red Kali trolling, okay!?"

Negator

Challenge 9 wrecked me hard. The stupid fire dragon hits harder than my maximum HP and I wasn't able to one-shot him with his fire element and 9 million HP with green monsters. No green shield available so rip me.

Might try it with a shamble of a team with Awoken Sakuya and this blue Midgard golem dude. Sakuya/L. Kali/Midguard/Sun Quan/Awoken Yomi. it's gonna be so jank lol.

Edit: I'm going to have to invest in one of these stupid wood golems. I feel like I could manage to beat these dungeons with huge hits if I had one.

hermit7

Ran Tamadra retreat so I could awaken sun wokung and Thor, need to finish levelling them both still but I will nearly be ready with that team.

Need work on apocalypse as well, but that will be longer term. As of now I have about 35 k health with levelled Saria pair. Also have 12 or so rows and when /if I throw on Raphael I will have 5 more.

Run thor/raph/sun wokung/dqxq/apollo/Saria and then maybe switch out dq or wokung

Jagernaut

4x exclusives with the new gfe would be the best time to roll assuming they feature some of the better pantheons.

You guys think the new samurai god series is a better version of heroes? After rolling Akechi I no longer want Pandora. Who I really wanted to complete my beelz/ronia team lol. I don't use them anymore so I'm thinking of Awakening my only Haku.

Akechi and Sanada have better actives than Pandora and Yamato but worse leader skills and awakenings (since they don't have ultimate evos yet).

I also wanted Pandora for a long time but just got Akechi in the last Godfest so I'm satisfied. I just need to skill him up as soon as we get the right dungeon.

divusrex

So, I did 6 pulls today and I sold some of the cards already. The most notable out of the set are Ryune, Red Dragon Caller Sonia, and Yomi (dupe).

Is there any reason to keep Sonia? From my understanding, she has kinda been made irrelevant due to power creep.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So, I did 6 pulls today and I sold some of the cards already. The most notable out of the set are Ryune, Red Dragon Caller Sonia, and Yomi (dupe).

Is there any reason to keep Sonia? From my understanding, she has kinda been made irrelevant due to power creep.

Ronia is mindless farming for me.

jay23

Akechi and Sanada have better actives than Pandora and Yamato but worse leader skills and awakenings (since they don't have ultimate evos yet).

I also wanted Pandora for a long time but just got Akechi in the last Godfest so I'm satisfied. I just need to skill him up as soon as we get the right dungeon.

That's true guess I'm just trying to justify the reason for not caring about heroes anymore ha.

She's a fan favorite one of the most popular cards in the game I don't see her staying behind for much longer.

divusrex

That's true guess I'm just trying to justify the reason for not caring about heroes anymore ha.

She's a fan favorite one of the most popular cards in the game I don't see her staying behind for much longer.

So hold on to her for a couple months longer before considering to sell? I have some devils in my box, but nothing substantial enough to justify building a team around Ronia (as far as I can tell)...

Took a few more ranking dungeon runs, finally got one in sub 10%! So it at least garaunteed me one of those new dras.

Now what's up with all that coop?

coy

So hold on to her for a couple months longer before considering to sell? I have some devils in my box, but nothing substantial enough to justify building a team around Ronia (as far as I can tell)...
Unless you are real close to 300k MP and have zero desire to lead a devil team, I wouldn't sell her. She is still a good monster even if she is not where she was last year.

jay23

Awoken Sopdet on a 7x6 Board might be the most fucked up thing gung ho has ever done.

What coy said, no point in selling her unless she's providing the last couple of points you need for 300k.

She can be used as a full board changer for fire teams. I used her on my awoken Shiva team before getting Leilan.

coy

I still wish I had Ronia.

Glad I only needed 1 stone for refresh to max skill 2 Osiris. I was using Valk in my Parvati teams, but I never like using a heartbreaker as my quick orb changer. Now I can concentrate on Ranking Dungeon tomorrow.

Rixa

^^ I think my luck wth Rodins (2) is that they are Extants and around 90 level. I did level them fast when I about 5 months ago got them. I f I havent leveled, maybe they would be sold now.

Used 1 stone to Tamadra Retreat and made 3 runs got 1 Tama and 9 B-tamas. Also managed to max skill Liu Bei before 2x ended. Not sure but it took well over 50 Winrons to do it, it was all done with natural stamina. I will never like skill upping, its so random :(.

Is Muse any good if I already have Kanna?

Picked him up along with Spica, Saria, dupe Haku, Lumiel, and Fuma.

Pretty good haul for 30 stones. Might not have much more than a single yolo roll on Christmas REM but I think this was worth it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yolo Pull - Alresha, nice.

Achieving max skill bind resist for my Sara/Sumire teams just got way easier. Hope we get her skill up material soon as well.
Is Muse any good if I already have Kanna?

Picked him up along with Spica, Saria, dupe Haku, Lumiel, and Fuma.

Pretty good haul for 30 stones. Might not have much more than a single yolo roll on Christmas REM but I think this was worth it.
Very nice pulls.

Muse is probably only preferred to Kanna if his colors are needed for activation of a LS. Otherwise he seems inferior.

scottnak

Friend just started... first pull was an Idunn and then just got an Urd from the godfest..

Pulled a Zuoh for myself. Not sure what to do with him yet... ::ponders::

3 rolls today. 2 troll silvers and my 3rd Akechi. I run Typhon with 2 Akechi, Satsuki, and Grape Dragon. I'm thinking I'll replace Grape Dragon with my 3rd Akechi once skill-ups come to NA. I literally can't stop pulling Akechi. My non-IAP alt has 2 of him as well. Great monster, but Pandora would have been nice.

ZeroAKA

1 roll: Pandora

I really wanted this back in the days, but it doesn't look like she's used much as a leader anymore. I won't complain though.

A few more pulls today.

LKali (2nd)
Verdandi (2nd)
Pandora (yes!)
Cerberus Rider (???)

A second LKali will be nice I'm sure. Don't know what team to use 2 as I don't have Awoken Ra and already have DKali. But I'm sure I'll find a place.

Dupe Verdandi is a bit less exciting. Not many places where a second one is needed or preferred over Meimei. She might get sold down the line if I decide to buy an MP dragon.

Likewise I have no clue what to do with Cerberus Rider. That active is not gonna be super helpful in general.

But I finally pulled a hero god! Would also have loved a Yamato for Gadius but I was literally chanting Pandora as I pulled the machine. What's the best way to skill up Heroes? I've never had one so I mostly overlooked it, but my general impression is that it's not going to be fun...

Jagernaut

The Heroes all have survey dungeons where the drop rate is not that bad but you will have to evolve the fairies which is time consuming. I have max skilled Yamato, Wukong, and Perseus. Collect a bunch of fairies and evolve them over time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there any point to having Two Pandoras? Rolled four times this morning and got her twice.

Kind of want to sell it for MP.

Heroes are probably getting UUEvos or Awoken versions soon so i would wait before selling dupes. Then again its likely you wont need 2 of her..but you never know.

linsivvi

Finally! Ronia FTW.

y2rjWiZ.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Red Riding Hood, dupe Yomi, Grodin, Blodin, Ryune, Sumire. Think I'm done pulling. Any use got dupe Yomi?

I wanted an Odin, got two in a row. A+

linsivvi

What sub's? Did you go for combos or a fast clear?

I'm about to fall out of the top 20%

Lu Bu/Ronia/Beelzebub/Haku/Lilith/Ronia.

I tried a bunch of times and the sweet spot seems to be at least 5+ combo and with 170+ seconds left. Went I for super speed runs at under less than 2 minutes the combo score ended up being way too low to crack the top 10%.

Negator

Unfortunately I do not have enough +eggs to tank the pre-emptive from Lifive in C9. Guess that's where my challenge dungeon adventures come to an end.

Yeah, unfortunately Kushinada didn't work for me, she was able to soak the pre-emptive but the second hit finished me off. She's the only shield sub that I have that is ready for anything so rip. Going to work on D.Izanami on Tuesday, hopefully will max skill her on my journey for 7+ dark jewels.

divusrex

Awoken Sopdet on a 7x6 Board might be the most fucked up thing gung ho has ever done.

What coy said, no point in selling her unless she's providing the last couple of points you need for 300k.

She can be used as a full board changer for fire teams. I used her on my awoken Shiva team before getting Leilan.

Unless you are real close to 300k MP and have zero desire to lead a devil team, I wouldn't sell her. She is still a good monster even if she is not where she was last year.

Thank you both for your input, I'll be keeping her for now. My next problem is what to do with 3 Saria dupes...

I'll be using one as a leader and another as a sub, but a third one... O.O

Rolled JP day 1, skipped day 2 since no Kali's
Sakuya dupe
Red riding Hood

Christmas REM
Holy Rites Mistress, Echidna

Skipped NA day 1 pulled once on Day 2

V5ZsHdi.gif

Congrats on that pull!

hermit7

I did the ranking dungeon a few more times. Got to the 11th percentile.

The biggest issue I have been finding is I never took the time to skill up ronia and so she is never up in time. So I switched out her for lubu and a maxed friend ronia.

The other issue is the 5th floor, blinds suck and I don't have the time to combo that I am used too (run shiva or Bastet most frequently) so by the time I am done clearing the board I have little time to combo. I am fine with the second tier the bubpy and flampy will be nice. Nearly done skilling Orochi, not sure who to work on next however.

About how many orb enhance awakenings does it take before you reach diminishing returns for the damage boost?

I can run something crazy like Osiris/Verd/Verd/Verd/Spica/Osiris for 19 (!) wood orb enhance awakenings. And 7 heart enhance awakenings :lol

Skipped NA day 1 pulled once on Day 2

V5ZsHdi.gif
Merry Christmas!

About how many orb enhance awakenings does it take before you reach diminishing returns for the damage boost?
Not providing a definitive answer, but I've read similar posts about OEs having diminishing returns. But my understanding is that every OE awakening provides a 5% boost to damage. Whether that's additive or multiplicative, the math works out so that it's a linear function at worst. So, I'm not sure how some people are saying there are diminishing returns with OE awakenings.

razterik

What's the best way to skill up Heroes? I've never had one so I mostly overlooked it, but my general impression is that it's not going to be fun...

The skill up PEM spits out evolved fairies like crazy if you can wait for it and save PAL points. Pandora's skill up is also in the coin dungeons for a few more days, but NA gets no bonus rates there so that's kind of bad.

Christmas REM is more horrible than everyone imagined. Some thought the lack of 5* would mean GungHo would shift rates for all the gold eggs to be more reasonable. NOPE. Enjoy multiple full packs of only silver eggs!

Did one YOLO roll. Xmas Alraune. Nice for my leaderless green teams and Verdandi, neither of which I run anymore.

jay23

Yup good luck to those rolling on Christmas rem. Top post on pad subreddit is someone that rolled 36 times all silver eggs, rates are beyond abysmal.

Top Bottom