• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

How do the solvers compare to other options? Like do all color menace users serve any purpose besides box bling? I would roll for them if they may have use.
Honestly, I'll probably never use any of them. But you never know. A 3-turn delay on 10-turn cooldown can still be a useful skill in certain situations. Fire was the only element with access to it for the longest. Would just be cool to have the option for every other color now. I wouldn't roll if not for the remote possibility of also pulling RKali. Getting all 4 silvers is kind of my arbitrary limit to stop pulling for RKali.

razterik

Wait they aren't having the ranking dungeon run for a whole week? wtf?

I think only the most recent JP one ran for a week, right? Pretty sure all the rest were on shorter time frames. Don't remember what the old timetable for the first NA attempt was before we lost a couple days.

I ended up needing three more tries before I got a comfortable 3% ranking. Not that I need the pii, but this is a fairly low cost. Good luck.

I can't really say that the silvers in the Christmas REM are worthwhile outside being box cheerleaders. Paulina seems nice, especially if you lack Blue Odin. And the healers are mostly straight upgrades from the farmable versions. But if you roll any decent amount in the normal REM, there's always better options and far higher chance to pull something amazing.

That said, I'm probably rolling a couple packs..

Christmas dungeon stripped out the Snow Globe floor. Even less chance of them dropping now. They added Echidna to the normal floors.

The skill up PEM spits out evolved fairies like crazy if you can wait for it and save PAL points. Pandora's skill up is also in the coin dungeons for a few more days, but NA gets no bonus rates there so that's kind of bad.

The Heroes all have survey dungeons where the drop rate is not that bad but you will have to evolve the fairies which is time consuming. I have max skilled Yamato, Wukong, and Perseus. Collect a bunch of fairies and evolve them over time.
Thanks for the help guys. I'm in no huge hurry to skill her up since I don't really have an amazing dark row leader (though I'll probably take Pandora herself for a spin just for kicks). I'm banking on Awoken FA Lucifer being awesome. Hopefully he turns out better than Astaroth.

I thought it ran for a week every time in JP. I'd always run it once on release just to get a score in there then a few more times at the end of the week to push the score up higher.

razterik

Looks like you're correct, mostly. I went back and checked all the dates. First ranking dungeon ran for only 2 and a half days. The second was 4 and a half. The last three were all a full week long. I guess I never cared enough on JP to keep track. Last one I got to around 50% and decided it wasn't worth the effort to keep trying. Too many free piis there, I've almost maxed out my mailbox now.

LuffyZoro

I finally managed to get under 30% using Yomi Dragon. I'm still not quite used to her, and need to figure out the interplays between actives.

Jagernaut

I got 17.3% in the ranking dungeon. Hope I can stay in the top 20%, don't want to use any more stamina.

Darkseid - for the flat 3x atk and active
Ronia
Ronia
Haku
Hanzo
Ronia

1INUA1Q.jpg
Pretty close to maxing out my current box with this 13.2% run. Need one more skill boost to get Lilith up turn 2 but couldn't think of a replacement for the team.

raiot

5% with 115.087 and shiva dragon with A.Ra for 2nd floor. Didn't try to get higher, this would just be a waste of stamina. And it's really just a gamble, good board and no skyfall-> better score.
I'm satisfied with the rewards that I get for stoning once!

Rixa

I wasnt planning to pull from GF, but made 2 pulls.

Sylph -> Instant 3k
Anubis -> Ehh wtf I do with this, Iam definetly not Paprika...
Is A.Anubis good as sub?
^^
LKali sub?

coy

1 pull got me Kekkab. I think I have all but the light Cyberdragon which is not something I am gloating.

At 6.4% with 45 minutes left so unless a huge influx of high scores come in I feel safe.

yami4ct

Decided to pull a couple times on the Christmas REM because I'm a sucker for Holiday art.

That sure happened. The sad thing is, I'm not sure I have a place to use her. Guess I have to figure out how I can make good use of it now. I guess I could throw together an A.Ra squad, but that gets a bit close to my US account. Don't really want her on my A.Kirin squad since I'm running Light there. Still super cool to get a highly desired Special REM card. I guess they do exist.

Special REMs are still traps.

razterik

Six rolls so far. Four Lilith, Echidna, and Paulina. Don't have the willpower to continue right now, maybe tomorrow.

I hate you guys rolling Red Kali and not even wanting her, heh.

Took 11 rolls to get every silver including Paulina. My single gold egg was Christmas Ronia. Never been so disappointed to pull an 8* super rare. Lol. Done with this REM. At least her skillups seem to be a common drop in the dungeon. Got 4 of them just clearing out each of the difficulties.

raiot

Took 11 rolls to get every silver including Paulina. My single gold egg was Christmas Ronia. Never been so disappointed to pull an 8* super rare. Lol. Done with this REM. At least her skillups seem to be a common drop in the dungeon. Got 4 of them just clearing out each of the difficulties.

Haha, I bet everytime you look at her you think: Shit, that b***h could have been a RKali... :D

bjork

Don't know if I'll roll in this christmas event, but all the nagas dropping from the lower-tier versions of the christmas dungeon got my echidna's skill to max, finally. Good times.

J0dy77

Two rolls in the second half of the Godfest..

Divinegon
Anubis

Finally got the one true God after all this time. Not sure I've ever understood his awokem evo though. 12 combos is insane.

One roll in Xmas

Allarune (instant regret).

bjork

If I were to put latent awakenings on Echidna, what's the best choice? Just increased attack? I've never added one of these yet, so I'm not sure if there's a popular method per character or if it needs to fit a team build or what.

Quantum

I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do:

rolled two packs - 34 silver rolls - no golds.

feel worse than the last time I gave money to this game in the summer REM - seriously debating doing one of those feed everything to a goblin videos so I never give gungho another penny.

granted I have a ton of itunes play money, but that was what 135 bucks US with tax for zero golds.

so angry right now,

edit: guess I can buy sonia with the MP points - but seriously fuck this game right now.

I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do:

rolled two packs - 34 silver rolls - no golds.

feel worse than the last time I gave money to this game in the summer REM - seriously debating doing one of those feed everything to a goblin videos so I never give gungho another penny.

granted I have a ton of itunes play money, but that was what 135 bucks US with tax for zero golds.

so angry right now,

edit: guess I can buy sonia with the MP points - but seriously fuck this game right now.

That is unreal. Sorry man. I only use the play money I get from android surveys. There have been a few times where I wanted to spend real money but I don't think I could stomach losing even 20 dollars and pulling silvers. I've been trolled hard enough before with my free stones.

smbu2000

Yay! Hehe. I fed her a lot of Christmas Heras to finish her off.

I was thinking about trying to use her for Arena. Although to get that last 5% to get under 65% HP, I'd need to attack for another 1.5 million HP (3 million taking into account the 50% shield.)

It might be better to just try and remake my Zeus Stratios for the guaranteed 35% gravity. I used my last one to make my Awoken Loki. I just picked up a few evo Zeus' from God Rush to get his awakenings done as well. Just fed him 5 (3 evo'd and 2 regular) and got 0 skill ups. At least his awakenings are done and I can just farm regular Zeus for skill ups and I need to uevo him to Dark Zeus. Probably don't really need them for Arena though.

Had great luck skilling up my Avalon Drake on the weekend. Went 5/7 to finish max skilling him, nice! Still probably won't use him for anything. Finally max skilled the Apocalypse on my iPad as well. Needed 3 more skill levels and I finished him with 9 skill up mats. Now I just need to try and set up a Yuria team.

Quantum

That is unreal. Sorry man. I only use the play money I get from android surveys. There have been a few times where I wanted to spend real money but I don't think I could stomach losing even 20 dollars and pulling silvers. I've been trolled hard enough before with my free stones.

its not the money really - perhaps I shouldn't have lead with that. I'm starving for something different in the game and I feel like I've supported the heck out of the game. I understand the RNG and the way this game can pray on people and still put up with it - but rolling nothing?

I guess it would mean less if it wasn't my 999th day playing - just kinda hoped for something special to commemorate the dedication that wasn't the 1k day tamadra witch seems more like an anonymous groups chip than an actual reward.

edit: I think taking a break might be in order.

MiTYH

HI all, somewhat beginner question. Was in the series for a while, got out, currently restarted and am overwhelmed a bit. I rolled a few days ago, and got 3 gods from the godfest this weekend. I was wondering how they stacked up?

Nephthys
Goddess of Secrets, Kali
Castor

Overall I like Nephthys, currently leading with her for the leader skill. I'm also using Thumbelina for a sub, she seems to be doing very well for me. Wanted to know if I should prioritize anyone since it'll be some time before I can evolve any of these

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's my current box: https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH/monsters

HI all, somewhat beginner question. Was in the series for a while, got out, currently restarted and am overwhelmed a bit. I rolled a few days ago, and got 3 gods from the godfest this weekend. I was wondering how they stacked up?

Nephthys
Goddess of Secrets, Kali
Castor

Overall I like Nephthys, currently leading with her for the leader skill. I'm also using Thumbelina for a sub, she seems to be doing very well for me. Wanted to know if I should prioritize anyone since it'll be some time before I can evolve any of these

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's my current box: https://www.padherder.com/user/MiTYH/monsters

Those are pretty good pulls! I don't know where you should focus for the future, but both Castor and Kali will make good leads eventually. Keep using Nephthys until you hit a wall or can make a team with Kali/Castor.

jay23

Decided to pull a couple times on the Christmas REM because I'm a sucker for Holiday art.

That sure happened. The sad thing is, I'm not sure I have a place to use her. Guess I have to figure out how I can make good use of it now. I guess I could throw together an A.Ra squad, but that gets a bit close to my US account. Don't really want her on my A.Kirin squad since I'm running Light there. Still super cool to get a highly desired Special REM card. I guess they do exist.

Special REMs are still traps.

6th roll in xmas - RKali.

joins my 3 DKalis, heh.

edit: Liu Bei on roll 8

Gungho employees confirmed

Bladelaw

I had some weird pulls this godfest.

7 pulls:
Pollux: Light Machine God (looks like Jem)
Yamato Takeru
Perseus
Antares
Massive Brave Blade Zweihander (x2...)
Hades

Yamato is the only one I have an immediate use for. Antares and Pollux look interesting but Antares was on an alt pull. I managed to clear my first special boss dungeon using my Urd team to wipe out Zhang Fei (and he dropped!). I don't know if drops are guaranteed there but I was pretty happy that I hit that milestone.

I'm basically farming Blazing Hells for Echidna skill ups at this point (of which...nothing). It's good rank XP, plenty of fire fodder to feed my team, and I may have Muspelheim maxed out just from feeding him copies of himself (not that I plan to use him).

I'm trying to get Yamato evo'd so I can slot him in over Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin. This should hopefully bump my team up to where I can try to hit the easier descends and hopefully get Kagu and Shiva's Awoken mats.

smbu2000

Just saw this...This site's mini survey (via twitter, I believe) of Christmas REM pulls.

http://pad-plus.com/archives/101707.html

Out of 2803 pulls:
RKali 23 pulls (0.8%)
Sonia 23 (0.8%)
Liu Bei 38 (1.4%)

Sakuya 43 (1.5%)
Haku 44 (1.6%)
Genie 53 (1.9%)

Paulina 440 (15.7%)
Other Healer girls 2139 (76.3%)

Those don't seem like very good odds. 8% for any gold. 1.6% for Sonia/RKali.

It seems especially disheartening since you get a majority of gold eggs during a GF REM. This recent Sunday Collab. REM was also good with gold eggs.

raiot

The only thing I cant believe is, that people assumed "No chibis = better gold rates".
You only made yourself believe that to get an excuse to roll for RKali :D

Top Bottom