• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

So I am debating whether I should get shiva Dragon from the mp store.

It would be helpful because 25x unconditional is great and I have decent subs for a team.

The issue is my subs aren't all ares, in fact I only have one.

Team would look like shivadra, ares, uriel, uriel, yamato.

Thoughts? It has a bunch of rows and even has decent rcv which is nice but the damage will be less that the standard ares team.

Jagernaut

It would be helpful because 25x unconditional is great and I have decent subs for a team.

Thoughts? It has a bunch of rows and even has decent rcv which is nice but the damage will be less that the standard ares team.

The new Uriel super ultimate (that we don't have yet) has more atk than Ares and 3 rows, so that looks like a good team. You are missing the single two prong by using Uriel instead of Ares though.

Edit. A full board change like Urd can be useful sometimes.

hermit7

The new Uriel super ultimate (that we don't have yet) has more atk than Ares and 3 rows, so that looks like a good team. You are missing the single two prong by using Uriel instead of Ares though.

Edit. A full board change like Urd can be useful sometimes.

Ah I didn't know that uriel had higher attack. I was looking at his awakenings. Is the tpa on ares that important?

Finally, I have urd as well, but I thought that she may not be ideal because she lacks rows. I could slot her in though in place of yamato.

Jagernaut

The tpa helps to conserve orbs and clear trash mobs with just 4 orbs but is not critical. Ares is preferred for his double orb change which gives you a half fire board.

Urd is good on stages with full board poison or to get rid of jammers.

You can also use Red Valk with Uriel if you have one.

That's my exact team, except I use Awoken Leilan for a full board changer instead of the second Uriel. Leilan isn't a God, but it doesn't hinder the team for what I run the team for, which is mainly farming. Leilan also combos with Yamato or Uriel depending on who's active is available. Or you can choose between the 2 if both are active, depending on how many Wood or Light orbs Leilan's active leaves on the board.

I think it's definitely worth it with those available subs. Shivagon is easy farm mode for lots of dungeons. But if you're not IAP and don't stone for stamina then maybe not so much. It's also great for things like the current ranking dungeon.

Bladelaw

I did a bad thing and 6-pulled on the xmas egg machine:
Alraune x3
Echidna
Ars Paulina
Archangel

I only wanted Echidna but I'll take the others too. Is Paulina as good as she looks? That's a shitload of awakenings. Is Xmas Echidna better than normal? Xmas has better awakenings and leader skill (not that it matters), same active, and the same stats.

So I've been testing various teams on Endless Dungeon. I managed to almost finish with the following team:
Urd, Cao Cao, Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin, Squall, Xmas Echidna, Friend Urd

I got to level 46 before getting one-shot. I could have gotten farther if I wasn't playing conservatively.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I caved...I really wanted a few pretty girls in my box.

Echidna
Lillith
Siren
Ars
Archangel x2
Sakuya (!!!!)

Done. I wanted the full collection of new 4* just because I'm a terrible person. But once that gold egg popped out, I considered it a sign. No Alraune no problem.

E: I have Ra, but this simply gives me more utility. A+

Rixa

I caved...I really wanted a few pretty girls in my box.

Echidna
Lillith
Siren
Ars
Archangel x2
Sakuya (!!!!)

Done. I wanted the full collection of new 4* just because I'm a terrible person. But once that gold egg popped out, I considered it a sign. No Alraune no problem.

E: I have Ra, but this simply gives me more utility. A+

\o_ Nicely caved. Iam waiting til 24th before I do few pulls (6-8).

scottnak

Today is day 450 for me! 5 free stones along with the 5 banked:

Xmas Ars Paulina
Xmas Sakuya

Wow. I was thinking of dumping some of my Google Rewards money too, ::ponder::

hermit7

That's my exact team, except I use Awoken Leilan for a full board changer instead of the second Uriel. Leilan isn't a God, but it doesn't hinder the team for what I run the team for, which is mainly farming. Leilan also combos with Yamato or Uriel depending on who's active is available. Or you can choose between the 2 if both are active, depending on how many Wood or Light orbs Leilan's active leaves on the board.

I think it's definitely worth it with those available subs. Shivagon is easy farm mode for lots of dungeons. But if you're not IAP and don't stone for stamina then maybe not so much. It's also great for things like the current ranking dungeon.

Farming I guess along with 5x4 boards. I tried some hera ur 5x4 and the damage I was putting out was just not very good. That combined with most of my top leaders are not suited for those dungeons (combo leads like shiva and Bastet). I do have Thor and i&i so I could probably do with them as leads and pair with Dragon bound. Maybe that would be the best option.

MiTYH

Those are pretty good pulls! I don't know where you should focus for the future, but both Castor and Kali will make good leads eventually. Keep using Nephthys until you hit a wall or can make a team with Kali/Castor.

Thanks for the insight! I also just got 5 gems so I pulled Xmas, got Mistress of the Sanctuary Kali. Looks... pretty freaking amazing! It'll be ages to accept that 70 cost though

Jagernaut

I can't make up my mind on which mp dragon to buy. I only have 336k (400k if I sell some more dupes including Verdandi and Gadius) so I can only buy 1 now.

Shiva dragon for quick farming - I have 3 Ares, Uriel, Yamato, Leilan. I also have other good fire leads like Awoken Shiva, Krishna and Raoh so I dont know if I really need him.

Yomi dragon for eventual Arena farming - I have Haku and Akechi. If I get Okuninushi I could build a nice Arena team for farming pys.

I could also wait to see if they make some new mp dragons.

hermit7

I can't make up my mind on which mp dragon to buy. I only have 336k (400k if I sell some more dupes including Verdandi and Gadius) so I can only buy 1 now.

Shiva dragon for quick farming - I have 3 Ares, Uriel, Yamato, Leilan. I also have other good fire leads like Awoken Shiva, Krishna and Raoh so I dont know if I really need him.

Yomi dragon for eventual Arena farming - I have Haku and Akechi. If I get Okuninushi I could build a nice Arena team for farming pys.

I could also wait to see if they make some new mp dragons.

Honestly this is the same issue that I am having. When was yomi Dragon released in jp? Must have been 4 or 5 months.

yami4ct

I am shocked the Christmas REM is a trap

shocked I say

This Special REM is less trap-y then usual. Sure the gold rates are awful, but that's to be expected. For one, there's kind of no real troll golds here. There are less good ones like Sakuya and Ronia, but even they are still good. Normally, special REMs have like 1 good gold and a bunch of trash.

The silvers here are also really situationally good this year. Having menace for every color isn't nearly as amazing as it used to be, but it's still something great to have in the back pocket.

This Special REM is less trap-y then usual. Sure the gold rates are awful, but that's to be expected. For one, there's kind of no real troll golds here.
Santa Genie is pretty awful and is probably worse than any of the silvers. The best thing about this REM is that everything is Christmas-exclusive.

chrono01

Congrats on the Christmas pulls all [especially those DKali, /jealous!]. Personally, I only have enough for a few pulls so I'll hold out for later, in-hopes we'll get a 4x event for Christmas. It is tempting, though...

hermit7

Does anyome have a ryune that they use for a lead? I have i&i that I have been levelling and I would just like to use them for safer runs. With their tankiness. I have Thor as well, but I have better subs for blue than I do for light (blonia, karin etc.) who are skilled and levelled. The only light board changer I have is apocalypse but he is neither levelled or skilled as of the moment.

linsivvi

Challenge 10 completed. Robin+One True God did the job. Hardest part was getting Goemon's hp between 30-50%. He used his resolve so many times that I fulled charged all skills.

jay23

Damn this hurts

At8PiSN.jpg

I should get "stop saving actives" engraved on my phone. Flubbed a combo and this asshole decided to use his 23k attack.

It's also kind of tricky with the preemptive on the next floor, my plan was to get him under 50% but that relies on too many things going right.

hermit7

Challenge 10 completed. Robin+One True God did the job. Hardest part was getting Goemon's hp between 30-50%. He used his resolve so many times that I fulled charged all skills.

I saw a video of a sakuya team with awoken hades to cheese that floor. All the gravitas brought him below 50 percent and then an easy kill.

May try level 10 with that setup a little later.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need to find a faster/more reliable Christmas SuperBlessed. My Pandora and DTron teams are OK, but it's never been a 100% guaranteed win.

yami4ct

Cosmo noo!

So If I were to farm this Christmas dungeon for snow globe invades, approximately how much would I hate myself?

He has an avatar still. I think he'll be fine.

As for Snowglobe Dragons, don't do it. The drop rates are horrendous. I'm absolutely certain the EXP/Stamina ratio on farming them would not make it close to worth it.

smbu2000

I played the Zeus Descend Technical dungeon a lot last night and managed to max skill my Awoken Zeus. Now I have Wrath of God at only 20 turns. Just need some super kings to uevo him to Stratios and to level him up.

I've started plus egging my D/W Okuni and Zeus will probably be next on my list.
Cosmo noo!

So If I were to farm this Christmas dungeon for snow globe invades, approximately how much would I hate myself?
Don't try for Snow Globes, you'll only be disappointed. I must've done the dungeon 30 times or so on the hardest difficulty and I only saw one snow globe in all of my runs. It appeared with one regular enemy and the regular guy dropped...

I actually got lucky with a snow globe drop in about 10 total runs including the lower levels. In fact mine dropped on Master. Wouldn't farm for them but it's nice getting lucky while farming for other skillups.

raiot

I need to find a faster/more reliable Christmas SuperBlessed. My Pandora and DTron teams are OK, but it's never been a 100% guaranteed win.

I just looked through your box. I think your most consistent clear would be with DMeta and subbing in A.Ra for the Dublit floor.

razterik

razterik

What's a green?

If I ran rainbow teams in NA, I'd definitely have more on light. Does it help that I have almost full hyper light A.Sakuya team on JP? And next project there is Thor/Saria. Heh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just looked through your box. I think your most consistent clear would be with DMeta and subbing in A.Ra for the Dublit floor.

I subbed out Pandora for Ra and it's been more consistent.

Should I grind out Christmas Hera or Izanami today? Trying to determine if Iza is worth max skilling.

raiot

It depends... do you need dark orbs? If yes, go for izanami. A max skilled yomi is gold! But it's easier to skill her with the dark bowl dragon.
If you just want to burn stamina, there is a king rush comming up today!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It depends... do you need dark orbs? If yes, go for izanami. A max skilled yomi is gold! But it's easier to skill her with the dark bowl dragon.
If you just want to burn stamina, there is a king rush comming up today!

Oh right - I forgot about Dark Bowl. I'll use that instead.

And King Rush is going to eat my stones. I've got a lot of shit to level.

razterik

Izanami is way more useful than Xmas Hera. And dark jewel invades makes it an even easier decision. You'll need those for some evos eventually and you'll want a lot if you're planning to switch and max skill Awoken Haku.

Disagree that dark bowl dragon is still a better source of skill ups. Stamina cost is the same since there's no bonus rates and the dungeons aren't much different in difficulty by this point. Dark bowl leaves coin dungeons tonight also.

raiot

Ok, from a stamina perspective its the same, but i think the bowl dragon is easier if you're not able to shivadragon the whole thing :)

Just ran fire cat dragon several times and the Set skill ups seem really rare. There isn't another option though so I guess I'll slog through. Can't wait to try him out on my Shiva team.

Ok, from a stamina perspective its the same, but i think the bowl dragon is easier if you're not able to shivadragon the whole thing :)
Yep, Izanami isn't considered to be super hard anymore but it still has a lot of annoying elements for most teams. Tricolor probably makes Dark Bowl slower due to skyfalls but an easier clear too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think my Pandora team is stable enough to clear Izanami with minimal risk. 3/3 so far (with one Dark Jewel invade!).

Pandora/Pandora + DW Haku/Hanzo/Persephone/DTron

My DW Haku isn't max skilled (DD is, though). I'm considering trying my max skilled out instead as a way to refresh orbs more regularly. Otherwise, the hardest part has been stalling 10 turns against L.Izanami - and even that isn't hard if I combo 5+ each turn to keep orbs refreshed.

ZombAid82

This morning it was finally done, my Awoken Minerva slums in my box.

do I understand it correctly, if I have two Minerva's as leaders I'm completely save of light and dark attacks?

smbu2000

This morning it was finally done, my Awoken Minerva slums in my box.

do I understand it correctly, if I have two Minerva's as leaders I'm completely save of light and dark attacks?
No, it means that you'd have 75% damage reduction for Light/Dark. 50% + 50% isn't 100%. If the enemy did 100 damage to you, then 50% of that would be 50. Another 50% from your other leader would be 25. 75% total damage reduction for those colors.

ZombAid82

No, it means that you'd have 75% damage reduction for Light/Dark. 50% + 50% isn't 100%. If the enemy did 100 damage to you, then 50% of that would be 50. Another 50% from your other leader would be 25. 75% total damage reduction for those colors.

Ahh, okay, got it!

Top Bottom