• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Is it worth it pull on the Christmas REM machine?

I think the best (silver) pulls for my current team would have to be Ars Paulina or Siren?

Current team is

Commerce Diety Hermes
Blue Wind Ninja, Hatsume
Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
Plesios
Fenrir Knight Kamui

Or should I wait until the next godfest? (Probably on new years?)

Paulina seems very strong with the spiking potential.

Two Christmas pulls

Echidna (fine by me)
Christmas Haku (nice now I have a Haku of every sub type awoken, D/D, and Christmas)

I will likely pull one more time,

Got really close on challenge 9 with a Bastet team.

A. Bastet leads/ ult verdandi/awoken susano (required for second to last floor)/ ultimate Vishnu / open spot.

The open spot has many potential subs, I have ultimate Perseus, ultimate Liu Biu, green valk, GZL, and ultimate Artemis (as legit potential subs). What do you all think? All of these are at max skill or close to max skill, all max awoken, and all lvl 90+.

I've tried with Liu Biu, which helps with fatty (only two of my characters can crack him with skill+2x 4 orb match and 16x, but I wanted to hear your thoughts

Kyuur

Really need to start working on skilling/plussing U&Y. I can feel the power when I play occasionally, but its too hard compared to my Verdandi team right now. Definitely need to skill up the main man himself at least, and maybe try and get some Time Extend awakens on one of them too.

What latents do you guys look for in friend leaders? Rainbow resist, dark resist, time extend?

I still haven't bothered to run Seaway to get that last U&Y skill up after the buff. I should have the motivation since I also picked up Kushi awhile back, but there's always time sensitive stuff happening that I don't want to miss.

linsivvi

Cosmo noo!

So If I were to farm this Christmas dungeon for snow globe invades, approximately how much would I hate myself?

Like others said, just don't. You get an average of 930K xp from a run of Super King Carnival. So even if you can get one snowglobe out of every 10 runs you are still losing out big time.

hermit7

Ugh finally was able to beat challenge 9 took a few days without running it and was able to beat it first try today.

Ran Bastet, vishnu, verd, meimei, susano, bastet friend.

Key is to know your stall points, it is OK to use skills early because you have 5 turns for floor 3 and you can stall a bunch (3 turns or so) on floor 2 as well.

Make sure you have enough hp or a shield after floor 5 to tank the preemptive. That is what susano was there for. Vishnu was back up for floor 7 so after his 75 percent damage reduction he used back to zero and gave a free turn to remove buffs. There I popped meimei had 4 tpa and a 9 combo got a few skyfalls and he was dead.

hermit7

Super king skillups are a fucking lie.

This is true.

I have fed ares probably over 4 million extra xp and he still has 2 more skills.

Apollo was the nearly the same, but I didn't even level him before those skillups came out so I wasted only a million or so.

Persephone is level 3 so I really haven't even tried and I was able to skill Artemis through the collab.

Negator

Thanks for the advice. I figured the invades were a giant trap.

...dark jewels ARE invading, right? I've run the dungeon 14 times today and not a single jewel!

hermit7

Really want to farm like 5 or so set skull ups so when his buff come out I can max him out again.

The drops are so low that I haven't gotten any yet after running the dungeon for much of the day. Hopefully drops will increase on 2x.

coy

Really want to farm like 5 or so set skull ups so when his buff come out I can max him out again.

The drops are so low that I haven't gotten any yet after running the dungeon for much of the day. Hopefully drops will increase on 2x.
Somehow I am 1 skillup away from max for Set. I used natural stamina and never stoned when the dungeon initially arrived. Stupidly, I thought the luck would continue with the other Egyptian 2 gods, but the droprate was so absurd I gave up.

razterik

Rolled a pack in the Xmas REM, bringing my total to 24 rolls. Filled out all the silvers and had two golds back-to-back. Santa Bei and Genie (dupe from last year). Liu Bei might actually be useful for my red box in some fashion, but damn is it disheartening to roll all those silvers, finally see gold and be presented with something like that.

Excuse me while I go throw up. Urk.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cleared lvl 10 of the current Challenges. Finally done.

Still lately I haven't been feeling the game.. There are just no goals outside of skilling up farmables from frustrating dungeons or trying to clear Arena. If it wasn't for BFFs I probably wouldn't have started the game this month.

Not even sure what's missing but maybe 2016 the come up with something that interests me again. And no unveiling a new GFE every month isn't the solution.

Probably a blue Top Tier or something like that.. Hope those sucker don't screw up Awoken U&Y once we get him.

FZZ

Banned
Multiplayer and attempting to clear arena will probably keep me busy through 2016

Don't lose hope just yet sasuke!

Bladelaw

Rolled a pack in the Xmas REM, bringing my total to 24 rolls. Filled out all the silvers and had two golds back-to-back. Santa Bei and Genie (dupe from last year). Liu Bei might actually be useful for my red box in some fashion, but damn is it disheartening to roll all those silvers, finally see gold and be presented with something like that.

Excuse me while I go throw up. Urk.

I'd love to have Santa Bei. I just don't have a home for Genie. I get that Kali is the big ticket roll but man Santa Bei would be a much better fit for my team.

smbu2000

Yeah, besides RKali, I'd say Santa Bei is the best/most useful Gold from the Christmas REM. The worst one would have to be Genie. She's been improved from before, but is still not worth working on IMO. Her active skill is very situational and is the exact same as the regular Genie.

Just realized that the Pirates dungeon is available in the Technical Dungeons. Cleared all the way to it and ran it quite a few times. Managed to max skill my D/W Okuni. His max is only up to level 4 (11 turns down to 8 at max), but it was still tough to do as the black pirates only show up occasionally and are not guaranteed to drop when they do show up.

His leader skill is very helpful with the 1 turn delay in addition to the 1.5x Dark attack for 1 turn. I used to wonder why he was rated so highly as a sub, but he has been a mainstay on my Yomi Dragon team. I'm halfway toward getting him to 297 now that I've finished off my Haku #2 (still need jewels for A.Haku). He is lacking in ATK eggs as well since I was giving those to Haku. It might take awhile for me to finish him. At least I can start giving the excess RCV eggs to Zeus Stratios to get his RCV out of the negative area.

Now I need to try and max skill the Okuni on my iPad.

raiot

Just realized that the Pirates dungeon is available in the Technical Dungeons. Cleared all the way to it and ran it quite a few times. Managed to max skill my D/W Okuni. His max is only up to level 4 (11 turns down to 8 at max), but it was still tough to do as the black pirates only show up occasionally and are not guaranteed to drop when they do show up.

I did this on Saturday, it was really unnerving. Those damn pirates never showed up. I think i burned 4 stones with 252 Sta until i got him max skilled.

Bladelaw

I'm getting trolled real hard on the Wednesday dungeon. I'm trying to evo up a blue team and I can't get a blue divine mask to drop. I went 1 for 11 when I need 3 total to finish off the team.

Out of curiosity am I wasting my time/stamina? The team is:
Sarasvati
Hatsume
Amon
Then I have some options for the last 2 slots:
Urd
Undine
Kraken
Blue Dragon Fruit
Xmas Paulina

J0dy77

Man do I love Awoken Kirin. Just walking over everything. Cleared all of the challenge dungeons with little effort, one shot on level 8 and 9 and wiped the first time on Shiva on Round 10 due to me being bad. 7x6 boards are almost cheating with her play style.

Cleared lvl 10 of the current Challenges. Finally done.

Still lately I haven't been feeling the game.. There are just no goals outside of skilling up farmables from frustrating dungeons or trying to clear Arena. If it wasn't for BFFs I probably wouldn't have started the game this month.

Not even sure what's missing but maybe 2016 the come up with something that interests me again. And no unveiling a new GFE every month isn't the solution.

Probably a blue Top Tier or something like that.. Hope those sucker don't screw up Awoken U&Y once we get him.

I understand the feeling. This is one of the main reasons I've always stayed f2p. I always saw spending as a way to fast forward the game to the finish line and me getting bored. These days I just farm the really high end content and play around with different play styles. Kirin will be my main team for everything going forward but I really want to finish off my Awoken Yomi teams (damn Z8) and mess around with Thor/I&I teams. Hopefully one day I'll have a green team as well. I'll always continue to play just to burn the stamina and waste some time.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Good 36x leader, Leilan is a great sub if you have any. You can make a system with multiple Awoken Leilans.

Edit. Also Superman, Kiriko, Saria, Wukong and Red Valk.

You forgot Tsubaki and Gadius, which are good for system purpose as well.

As for Xmas REM, somehow I think investing stones in this shit is not worth it. Most likely you are gonna get 3000 mp for 5 stones. But for regularly godfest, you normally get 5000 mp for 5 stones. But when 10x comes, 5 stones probably are gonna get you 200 plus eggs (suppose you have 200 stamina) which is arguably much much better than just 3000 mp.
I myself saved 76 free stones since last 4x GFE. Hopefully 10x can come soon and I can start hypermaxing the NepDra/RaDra/ShivaDra/Ilm system teams.

Jagernaut

I should have remembered Gadius since I have 2. Also Misato who has haste as well and makes a fire heavy board when combined with Gadius.

donjezzy

Hey everyone,

Im looking for some help. I got a Yomi Dragon which is working great so far, but I still cant beat Zaerog8 at all. I rolled a Bastet last GF and finally js awoken her.

Outta the subs below which 4 would be the best subs for zaerog and most other dungeons?

Awoken Meimei
Valkyrie Elize
Kushinadahime
Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke
Divine Creator of Order, Vishnu
Awoken Ceres
Soul-Judging God of Dark Riches, Osiris
Thought Spinner Norn, Verdandi
Restrained Dragon Hero, Liu Bei

Most are max skilled or almost max skilled except for Vishnu, Kushi, Elize and Meimei at skill lvl 1.

hermit7

Hey everyone,

Im looking for some help. I got a Yomi Dragon which is working great so far, but I still cant beat Zaerog8 at all. I rolled a Bastet last GF and finally js awoken her.

Outta the subs below which 4 would be the best subs for zaerog and most other dungeons?

Awoken Meimei
Valkyrie Elize
Kushinadahime
Gusting Prodigy, Sasuke
Divine Creator of Order, Vishnu
Awoken Ceres
Soul-Judging God of Dark Riches, Osiris
Thought Spinner Norn, Verdandi
Restrained Dragon Hero, Liu Bei

Most are max skilled or almost max skilled except for Vishnu, Kushi, Elize and Meimei at skill lvl 1.

Meimei verd vishnu lei bei would be quite good. Osiris is also good for the shirt cool down and guaranteed tpa.

What team are you trying it with?

Also ran descended 2 once for gaia for Freyja and got her to drop. Also got sandalphon for Astaroth when her awoken comes out.

Two teams - one is a dual Bastet team (ult verdandi/ult Liu Biu /awoken susano/ ult Vishnu)

The other is an awoken Kirin team (ult L meta/awoken shiva/hkali/awoken susano). With the 7x6 board I'm not afraid of the orb troll, but a x81 didn't kill defoud which I survived but couldn't recover from on the next floor.

hermit7

Two teams - one is a dual Bastet team (ult verdandi/ult Liu Biu /awoken susano/ ult Vishnu)

The other is an awoken Kirin team (ult L meta/awoken shiva/hkali/awoken susano). With the 7x6 board I'm not afraid of the orb troll, but a x81 didn't kill defoud which I survived but couldn't recover from on the next floor.

Bastet is doable. That is the team that I ran it with. Don't be afraid to use skills. That is the biggest thing. Also try and make sure that you have vishnu up for the last floor. This will give you the ability to have an extra turn so he does a debuff instead of his usual attack. Then you can burst him down.

Sakuya could probably do it as well. Shiva is there for fatty? If you have another light sub I might switch him in, and lmeta is a little redundant with sakuya clearing binds. What other sakuya subs do you have?

jay23

FUCK

zPRByKr.jpg

I was soo prepared for that final floor, 2x gravity + Kali active would have destroyed zaerog.

Took down challenge 9, stupid defoud and another x81 attack that doesn't kill him. Except this time I have a bunch of health drop as well.

Second to last floor's preemptive hits me leaving 206 hp. I get a 10 combo and it goes down.

I do a 8 combo with activation on zaerog on the first turn, he binds but oh wait! Awoken Sakuya clears binds. Double Sakuya active for a couple million HP off. POP Hkali and took him down.

smbu2000

I cleared challenge level 9 on my iPad with my A.Shiva team. Then I tried out level 10 with my unfinished Yomi Dragon team (on my iPad). Still waiting for Izanami to come around so I can uevo him.

I took out Hera Ur then stalled out the 99 turns on floor 2. Getting through that over 300k damage absorb is tough. (Hera Ur's 99 turn fire orb/jammer drops skill also ended on the previous turn.

On A.Shiva, I screwed up my combo a bit and...-_-
I used a stone to continue and just finished him off. I got a stone back for clearing all of the dungeons anyway. I'm just glad I'm finished with all of them now.

Yomi Dragon/A.Haku/D.Meta are all 297 in addition to my Yomi Dragon friend (my iPhone!).

Still waiting for Izanami...
I did this on Saturday, it was really unnerving. Those damn pirates never showed up. I think i burned 4 stones with 252 Sta until i got him max skilled.
Yeah, it is a pain doing it. I had runs were none of them showed up and many times they didn't fall. At least they don't make you evo the mats as well.

ZombAid82

Yes, beat the Thursday Dungeon two times this morning^^
Also beating almost every Mythical now.
I'm so proud of myself.
Now i'm collecting the Stones of the descended Dungeons, have about 15 Stones gathered since I wrote last time.
Got all +eggs in my Verdandi, next one is A.Bastet or A.Susano, what do you guys suggest?

Bunch of news and buffs from the quickie stream:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=447

39x A.Lakshmi, yes. Now how about fixing that active skill. Rip NepDra (until buff).

Minerva resisting fire now makes her the best coverage for almost all the annoying bosses.
4+ heart orbs...hoping it doesn't take too many connected hearts to get the max multiplier. Just when I was about to retire my Lakshmi team for I&I lol.

razterik

As far as I can tell, it scales at 1.5x for 4 hearts, 2x at 5, and 2.5x at 6+. So just make blue rows and a heart row, which is what everybody was doing for big bursts anyway.

Yes, beat the Thursday Dungeon two times this morning^^
Also beating almost every Mythical now.
I'm so proud of myself.
Now i'm collecting the Stones of the descended Dungeons, have about 15 Stones gathered since I wrote last time.
Got all +eggs in my Verdandi, next one is A.Bastet or A.Susano, what do you guys suggest?

A Bastet first (even better leader than ult verdandi) then A. Susano. Flip them if you already have an end game team and need the damage reduction for things like challenge 9 or those Hera rush no continue dungeons.

Edit: I read the stream notes. Awoken Haku does that mean she activates when matching fire, water, dark AND heart or any combination of three of those orbs?

Top Bottom