• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Just saw all the Buffs. Se.of them look quite exciting. Astaroth essentially has become green shiva with rows instead of combo. She is also unbindable which is good for a lead. Since rows are typically stronger because they boost the whole team that will be really good.

Edit forgot it was devils and healers only.

Kyuur

Wonder if they will buff the rest of the Chinese series (minus Sakuya) to allow hearts on Awoken as well.

Farmable DKali-lite is crazy. Dragon Shogun keeps getting more and more viable.

_____-killer awakens are going to shake up team compositions a bit too, which is great to see. Wonder if they will start adding these to existing cards or we'll see them on post-Awoken uvos.

FZZ

Banned
Rinshia/D. Kali/D. Kali/Awoken Hel/Scarecrow+Fear Gas/Rinshia looks like a semi optimal team

No blue att. though. Hmmm, trying to find a flex spot for the blue.

ZombAid82

A Bastet first (even better leader than ult verdandi) then A. Susano. Flip them if you already have an end game team and need the damage reduction for things like challenge 9 or those Hera rush no continue dungeons.

Edit: I read the stream notes. Awoken Haku does that mean she activates when matching fire, water, dark AND heart or any combination of three of those orbs?

Well, don't know about endgame.
My Main-Team atm ist Verdandi, Verdandi, A.Bastet, A.Susano, R/G CaoCao, and Hyper Verdandi Friend.
Tried some Dungeon's with Bastet as leader. Works great, but HP is a problem still, or better said, getting up again, after a massive hit.

smbu2000

I wonder how Rinshia's active will work in 5x4 dungeons. The grid isn't big enough to make 3 of each element plus poison.
It'll most likely work the same way as it does when you try to use LKali/DKali's skill on a board when there are locked orbs. In other words, not all of them will appear and at least one will be missing an orb.

hermit7

Well, don't know about endgame.
My Main-Team atm ist Verdandi, Verdandi, A.Bastet, A.Susano, R/G CaoCao, and Hyper Verdandi Friend.
Tried some Dungeon's with Bastet as leader. Works great, but HP is a problem still, or better said, getting up again, after a massive hit.

Yeah Bastet has poor rcv, but she has a lot higher ceiling than verd. You have some good subs though. Maybe try some easier dungeons to build up skill before using her for harder dungeons.

ZombAid82

Yeah Bastet has poor rcv, but she has a lot higher ceiling than verd. You have some good subs though. Maybe try some easier dungeons to build up skill before using her for harder dungeons.

Well, most mythical are no more a problem, only Fire heavy ones.
Yesterday I have beaten Room of the Mask the first time,
and Thursday dungeon for the first time.
The only problem I have is, I need a heavy hitter like GZL or Vishnu :-(

What do you mean by easier dungeons for skill ups?
LVL from my team is almost everbody max, bastet is 95 and the 2nd Verdandi is 91 atm.
Max skilled is only CaoCao, Susano lvl3,Verdanndi lvl2, everybody else lvl1
But the problem is, they almost all need either Dragon Fruit, or Pii's :-(
Edit: Now I got what your saying, train my own skill^^

Got all +eggs in my Verdandi, next one is A.Bastet or A.Susano, what do you guys suggest?
I tend to prefer plussing subs over leaders, especially a versatile sub like Susano. Bastet is literally only useful as a leader, but Susano can fit on lots of teams (Bastet, Verd, Sakuya). On top of that the +ATK goes farther on Susano since he has two TPA.

ZombAid82

I tend to prefer plussing subs over leaders, especially a versatile sub like Susano. Bastet is literally only useful as a leader, but Susano can fit on lots of teams (Bastet, Verd, Sakuya). On top of that the +ATK goes farther on Susano since he has two TPA.

This sure makes a compelling argument!

hermit7

Well, most mythical are no more a problem, only Fire heavy ones.
Yesterday I have beaten Room of the Mask the first time,
and Thursday dungeon for the first time.
The only problem I have is, I need a heavy hitter like GZL or Vishnu :-(

What do you mean by easier dungeons for skill ups?
LVL from my team is almost everbody max, bastet is 95 and the 2nd Verdandi is 91 atm.
May skilled is only CaoCao, Susano lvl3,Verdanndi lvl2, everybody else lvl1
But the problem is, they almost all need either Dragon Fruit, or Pii's :-(
Edit: Now I got what your saying, train my own skill^^

You do have susano who has 2 tpa though. He is a decent damage dealer especially when you're doing 36x damage.

Vishnu is helpful, but not specifically required for Bastet.

ZombAid82

You do have susano who has 2 tpa though. He is a decent damage dealer especially when you're doing 36x damage.

Vishnu is helpful, but not specifically required for Bastet.

36x?
4x4x2.25 only when using a skill, right?
How much would a TPA count if for example Susano with two TPA, is his attack 4x4x2.25x2.25?

hermit7

36x?
4x4x2.25 only when using a skill, right?
How much would a TPA count if for example Susano with two TPA, is his attack 4x4x2.25x2.25?

Yeah. 36x when activating a skill for Bastet with a 7 combo.
And then multiply it by 2.25 for the tpa. So it works out to 81x damage. With orb enhances and such it adds to that even.

Tiops

Started playing this yesterday, rolled a Pandora. She's on the recommended lists, but people says that she needs other REM pulls to be decent. I don't want to reroll, but I also don't want to spend any money on the game. Will I really have issues to progress?

Bladelaw

Ok I'm trying to clear Grimoires Descended because I need Theurgia to get Awoken Shiva. Am I punching over my weight class here? I'm rank 125 (79 stamina) running with the following team:

All monsters have all awakenings
The Norn of the Past Urd Max level
Dominating Warrior King Cao Cao level 78
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin max level, max skill
Solitary Lion, Squall Max level
Holy Rites Mistress, Echidna Level 52

What would be my best friend option? Am I just lacking the skill ups and levels to finish the job? I've failed at the ice stage with Rodin and Urd friends.

Kyuur

Started playing this yesterday, rolled a Pandora. She's on the recommended lists, but people says that she needs other REM pulls to be decent. I don't want to reroll, but I also don't want to spend any money on the game. Will I really have issues to progress?

There is a possibility that you will have issues progressing in the future, depending on your future pulls. They give out lots of free stones though and if you roll smart (during godfest) you'll be able to make steady progress as non-IAP in most cases.

It'll most likely work the same way as it does when you try to use LKali/DKali's skill on a board when there are locked orbs. In other words, not all of them will appear and at least one will be missing an orb.
Ah okay. Didn't even think about locked orbs since I've never run into that situation of using a Kali with locked orbs on the board.

hermit7

Ok I'm trying to clear Grimoires Descended because I need Theurgia to get Awoken Shiva. Am I punching over my weight class here? I'm rank 125 (79 stamina) running with the following team:

All monsters have all awakenings
The Norn of the Past Urd Max level
Dominating Warrior King Cao Cao level 78
Rowdy Red Samurai Goblin max level, max skill
Solitary Lion, Squall Max level
Holy Rites Mistress, Echidna Level 52

What would be my best friend option? Am I just lacking the skill ups and levels to finish the job? I've failed at the ice stage with Rodin and Urd friends.

Try a shiva friend, burst floor 1 and 2. You can stall for a couple turns on 3. Use caocao on floor 4. Squall on 5. Menace after Michaels shield goes away. Wait for skills and kill before he attacks. You can the burst with urd and shiva for the kill. 6 combo and tpa should be sufficient.

If you need a shiva friend you can add me Shiva is always up. 357270258

Bladelaw

Try a shiva friend, burst floor 1 and 2. You can stall for a couple turns on 3. Use caocao on floor 4. Squall on 5. Menace after Michaels shield goes away. Wait for skills and kill before he attacks. You can the burst with urd and shiva for the kill. 6 combo and tpa should be sufficient.

Thanks! I always have Urd up unless I'm experiementing (rare) 359,468,351

jay23

Was this posted yet?

The new whale arena team

【パズドラ】極限の闘技場 エスカマリ2体入りヨミドラ 10分33秒【高速クリア】: http://youtu.be/yU8R1z10ELI

forgrim

Man I just started this game and rerolled til I got gadius who I heard was good. My first roll after that was byakko which I think is good, but damn if this game is overwhelming. Literally have no idea what I'm doing lol.

Kyuur

Man I just started this game and rerolled til I got gadius who I heard was good. My first roll after that was byakko which I think is good, but damn if this game is overwhelming. Literally have no idea what I'm doing lol.

Don't worry, most people feel that way when they start!

Both of them are good rolls, although not complimentary. Gadius is the stronger leader between the two and I would recommend you use him if you can.

You will want to put monsters that convert anything that isn't Fire to Hearts into your team, to help activate his leader skill (2.5x damage with one heart combo, 6x with two). The easiest and earliest to obtain are Big Shynee, evolved from the small Shynee (light slime monster).

Try and get as many friends that have Gadius as well to use. If you want to add me I usually have him up: 345,967,387.

J0dy77

Was this posted yet?

The new whale arena team

【パズドラ】極限の闘技場 エスカマリ2体入りヨミドラ 10分33秒【高速クリア】: http://youtu.be/yU8R1z10ELI

Saw that over on reddit, crazy. Even with that team there were a few times he got lucky and could have easily been trolled out of the run. Not sure that dungeon will ever be worth farming consistently.

Jagernaut

Saw that over on reddit, crazy. Even with that team there were a few times he got lucky and could have easily been trolled out of the run. Not sure that dungeon will ever be worth farming consistently.

That was an impressive video. Yomi Dragon looks really good for the Arena. I also see Setsu has a good clear rate with Ra Dragon. I won't be trying it for a long time.

Is max skilling Christmas alraune a legit thing for delay on green teams?

So far two Christmas echidnas, 1 Christmas alraune, 1 Christmas Haku and a Christmas Sakuya from last year's REM (need to evolve her)

That was an impressive video. Yomi Dragon looks really good for the Arena. I also see Setsu has a good clear rate with Ra Dragon. I won't be trying it for a long time.
I was thinking about clearing my box of all the junk and picking up Yomi dragon. I have the arena subs I think (Haku, Akechi, Pandora, Okuni, Satsuki) so its definitely my most optimal MP dragon choice. And once/if 10x comes around I could probably hypermax the team relatively quickly if I make it my main focus.

The latents in the other hand would be the real issue. That's a whole lot of farming or a ton of mp points that I really don't have.

hermit7

I was thinking about clearing my box of all the junk and picking up Yomi dragon. I have the arena subs I think (Haku, Akechi, Pandora, Okuni, Satsuki) so its definitely my most optimal MP dragon choice. And once/if 10x comes around I could probably hypermax the team relatively quickly if I make it my main focus.

The latents in the other hand would be the real issue. That's a whole lot of farming or a ton of mp points that I really don't have.

The good thing is that farming latents is easy with his leader skill though, especially with smaller 5x4 boards.

I have a near ideal team (no akechi, or satsuki) but I do have 2 awoken haku and okuni, also have 2 Pandora one of which is beachdora that I could use. So I would have a pretty decent team as well for farming and that such. Maybe I should have just bought it last time when I was debating, I nearly pulled the trigger on it.

I just realized I have all those subs...

Maybe Yomi dragon should be my next MP purchase...

Jagernaut

I have considered it too. Haku, Akechi, Okuninushi, and Zeus Stratios is a popular team. I'm only missing Okuninushi.

Just had the worst Haku board ever, good thing I brought Hanzo. They should tweak the Chinese actives to produce more of the main color.

dBukeoU.jpg

I've rolled twice on the Christmas REM and gotten Siren (which I actually needed) and Lilith which I didn't.

Really want Ars Paulina though. I think I can roll 2-3 more times. Don't know if I should. I have mono-blue team lead by Hermes at this point.

Odds is what 15%? Which means I have ~27% chance in two rolls and 49% chance in 3 rolls. Ugh don't know if its worth it.

forgrim

Don't worry, most people feel that way when they start!

Both of them are good rolls, although not complimentary. Gadius is the stronger leader between the two and I would recommend you use him if you can.

You will want to put monsters that convert anything that isn't Fire to Hearts into your team, to help activate his leader skill (2.5x damage with one heart combo, 6x with two). The easiest and earliest to obtain are Big Shynee, evolved from the small Shynee (light slime monster).

Try and get as many friends that have Gadius as well to use. If you want to add me I usually have him up: 345,967,387.

Thanks, i friended you...im just trying to level my team over and over using technicals and levels by running tower of giants. Using gadius with a bunch of dragon kings over haku since it seems much easier to activate the leader skill. Im pretty bad lol

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Maxed Echidna skill today, which went pretty smoothly btw. Then fed 10 or so Naga to skill up Christmas Lilith... not one successful so far.

hermit7

Just saw the new patch notes for jp.

Biggest change is that for the heroes Chinese and armored knights they removed the need to evolve their skill up monsters.

Will allow me to finally skill up all the monsters that I have been neglecting.

Hino (awoken) had his skill reduced by one.

Lakshmi and Parvati got increased damage to be 39x leads.

Bunch of stat boosts for cards.

Venus, minerva et al. Get 50 percent damage for main color added.

Negator

Biggest change is that for the heroes Chinese and armored knights they removed the need to evolve their skill up monsters.

Thank god. I can finally skill up these hero gods that have been collecting dust. Only have one pandora that is skill level 3 over all the dark faeries I've ever bothered to get randomly.

coy

I am elated with the buffs to Awokens. After the initial news for Lakshmi, it was a matter of time til Parvati received the same treatment and I couldn't be happier (thanks for the stat boost as well). She'll be my primary late-game lead once again.
Thank god. I can finally skill up these hero gods that have been collecting dust. Only have one pandora that is skill level 3 over all the dark faeries I've ever bothered to get randomly.
Having just picked up my first ever Hero in Pandora during PCGF, this is very welcome news. It always sucks to gain no skillups using fodder that needed evolving.

Bladelaw

Thanks for this. I have all the parts but one red jewel for A. Shiva now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally this means I will be able to skill up Pandora down the line without having to evolve these shitty units.

@Buffs

Am I wrong or is Parvati now better than Bastet? Unbindable and now hits even harder. Looks like I should finish hyper maxing her before the patch arrives.

Rixa

Oh lol.
I had 13 bowlers in my inbox last week. When I decided I wont use resources for Bowl evos & try skill up Muse -> Sold those bowls.
Curious, what is your Gadius team?

Failed yesterday my first try at Mythical Grimoires, forgot that Michael binds leaders. Well made new run this morning, added Bane to team and one shotted Michael. Got the stone and some bonus prizes.

razterik

@Buffs

Am I wrong or is Parvati now better than Bastet? Unbindable and now hits even harder. Looks like I should finish hyper maxing her before the patch arrives.

Does Parvati have orb time movement and skill bind resist subs yet? Those were always an issue. Matching 6 hearts and making multiple TPAs is probably harder and limits her max damage some.

I'll play around with her a bit on JP, but I think she has a lot of the same problems as before. Needs Perseus or Freyja, best shield option means you have to use both of those, green's new row focus has limited her orb changer subs.

Next biweekly dungeon set has Awoken Minerva, Ceres, Neptune skill ups. (Also finally a chance for Belial in NA!) Weep for your piis from many months ago. Of course they're making Arena freer than ever for older leads, Challenge dungeons are mostly jokes now, and here's a farmable 100x lead with a board change almost as good as Dark Kali.

We power creeping to the new year now. 300k MP too cheap for Red Kali still? Heh. What's our next endgame chase target, GungHo?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Does Parvati have orb time movement and skill bind resist subs yet? Those were always an issue. Matching 6 hearts and making multiple TPAs is probably harder and limits her max damage some.

I'll play around with her a bit on JP, but I think she has a lot of the same problems as before. Needs Perseus or Freyja, best shield option means you have to use both of those, green's new row focus has limited her orb changer subs.

Next biweekly dungeon set has Awoken Minerva, Ceres, Neptune skill ups. (Also finally a chance for Belial in NA!) Weep for your piis from many months ago. Of course they're making Arena freer than ever for older leads, Challenge dungeons are mostly jokes now, and here's a farmable 100x lead with a board change almost as good as Dark Kali.

We power creeping to the new year now. 300k MP too cheap for Red Kali still? Heh. What's our next endgame chase target, GungHo?
Heh i havent played her in a while so i forgot that she doesnt have SBR. But even so something like Parvati - 2x Vishnu - Verdandi - Perseus - Parvati would be a pretty kick ass team. Unbindable 39x leaders with 2xTPA, 100 % SBR and RCV for days. Kaede instead of Vishnu dupe would also be a solid choice.

You would be fine with just 6 hearts and 2 TPA which shouldnt be too difficult even with fewer fingers. Sounds like a great team all in all considering how hard she hits already.

PS. We are getting non-pii skill ups for Awokens ? End of an Era :eek:

razterik

Yes, skill ups for Awoken Greco-Romans as dungeon drops, probably rare spawns. They're among the first Awoken forms, so this doesn't really surprise me, but it is a sign of what's to come.

As for Parvati, I'm not sure that she's going to out-damage Bastet's 7 combo 36x ATK, especially if you can work in multiple TPAs. They're certainly far more comparable in damage now though, which is a major plus for Parvati considering how easy it is for her to heal and ignore some mechanics like binds. But then what are you running max teams like this against that isn't going to need a shield or HP boost of some kind. It's a good buff, but I'm cautious of how relevant it can make her after how quickly she fell behind before.

Because everyone loves data, here's Christmas REM odds from 10,000+ rolls:
8☆ (0.96%)
Kali: 0.45% (47 rolled)
Sonia: 0.50% (52 rolled)

7☆ (2.96%)
Liu Bei: 1.48% (153 rolled)
Sakuya: 1.48% (153 rolled)

6☆ (3.71%)
Haku: 1.93% (200 rolled)
Genie: 1.78% (184 rolled)

Gold Egg Rate: 7.63% (789 rolled)
Source: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...istmas-rem-results.86134/page-11#post-1230433

Edit: Removed something that's older than I thought. Whoops.

raiot

8☆ (0.96%)
Kali: 0.45% (47 rolled)
Sonia: 0.50% (52 rolled)

7☆ (2.96%)
Liu Bei: 1.48% (153 rolled)
Sakuya: 1.48% (153 rolled)

6☆ (3.71%)
Haku: 1.93% (200 rolled)
Genie: 1.78% (184 rolled)

Gold Egg Rate: 7.63% (789 rolled)

-> Rolling in the Christmas REM = You obviously hate your money :D

ZombAid82

I have beaten Zeus Mercury the first time on the second try today.
First time Hera-Is ice coffin binded me, and dead, second went smoothly^^

Top Bottom