• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes, skill ups for Awoken Greco-Romans as dungeon drops, probably rare spawns. They're among the first Awoken forms, so this doesn't really surprise me, but it is a sign of what's to come.

As for Parvati, I'm not sure that she's going to out-damage Bastet's 7 combo 36x ATK, especially if you can work in multiple TPAs. They're certainly far more comparable in damage now though, which is a major plus for Parvati considering how easy it is for her to heal and ignore some mechanics like binds. But then what are you running max teams like this against that isn't going to need a shield or HP boost of some kind. It's a good buff, but I'm cautious of how relevant it can make her after how quickly she fell behind before.

Yeah my point wasnt about her outdamaging Bastet - not many teams can outdamage a optimal Bastet team any - but Parvati being a Top Tier Wood leader again. Before the push Bastet was superior in most cases, now they are more equal depending on the Challenge and subs. Just tried Parvati again and a Hyper Vishnu right now hits for +2 Million if you activate her + 2 green TPAs. Thats already alot and will get bumped to 3-4 million with the update - thats just a single Vishnu. Now add in both Parvati and maybe your dupe Vishnu/Kaede and damage wont be an issue.

At least thats how it looks like...im looking forward to JPN impressions and Videos of beefed up Parvati.

I have beaten Zeus Mercury the first time on the second try today.
First time Hera-Is ice coffin binded me, and dead, second went smoothly^^

Nice, congrats !!
Time to collect those clearing stones.

Rixa

Suddenly my A.L. & A.S. teams get much boost (whenever these hit NA):

Code:
Awoken Lakshmi
* LS Heart portion changed to Increase ATK after matching 4+ Heart orbs, up to 2.5x ATK (4 for 1.5x, 5 for 2x, 6 for 2.5x)
+700 HP

Awoken Orochi
+300 HP, +30 RCV
--
Awoken Shiva
+200 HP, +100 ATK

Awoken Hinokagutsuchi
* -1 to max cooldown, down to 7 turns max. (needs skill up)
+400 HP, +50 ATK

Awoken Leilan
* LS to include Heart activation
+100 HP, +100 ATK

Edit: Source ->Padx

So it seems like the new biweekly has Amon and Belial skill ups? If so that's really nice to finally have. The non evolved fodder skill ups are awesome as well. Definitely gonna hold off on Pandora until then.

ZombAid82

Yeah my point wasnt about her outdamaging Bastet - not many teams can outdamage a optimal Bastet team any - but Parvati being a Top Tier Wood leader again. Before the push Bastet was superior in most cases, now they are more equal depending on the Challenge and subs. Just tried Parvati again and a Hyper Vishnu right now hits for +2 Million if you activate her + 2 green TPAs. Thats already alot and will get bumped to 3-4 million with the update - thats just a single Vishnu. Now add in both Parvati and maybe your dupe Vishnu/Kaede and damage wont be an issue.

At least thats how it looks like...im looking forward to JPN impressions and Videos of beefed up Parvati.

Nice, congrats !!
Time to collect those clearing stones.

That's what i'm doing^^

hermit7

Yes, skill ups for Awoken Greco-Romans as dungeon drops, probably rare spawns. They're among the first Awoken forms, so this doesn't really surprise me, but it is a sign of what's to come.

As for Parvati, I'm not sure that she's going to out-damage Bastet's 7 combo 36x ATK, especially if you can work in multiple TPAs. They're certainly far more comparable in damage now though, which is a major plus for Parvati considering how easy it is for her to heal and ignore some mechanics like binds. But then what are you running max teams like this against that isn't going to need a shield or HP boost of some kind. It's a good buff, but I'm cautious of how relevant it can make her after how quickly she fell behind before.

Because everyone loves data, here's Christmas REM odds from 10,000+ rolls:

Source: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...istmas-rem-results.86134/page-11#post-1230433

Edit: Removed something that's older than I thought. Whoops.

I think that you would still require the same damage reduction for either Parv or for Bastet.

The issue is if you need a damage reducer you're using susano who has no sbr. Along with Parv who has none either you need to bring in 2 perseus or perseus and a. Freyja to cover that utility.

It actually wouldn't be too bad with vishnu, perseus, a. Freyja, susano but you have no full board orb change which is problematic if there are poison or jammer. Maybe Parv could move to a row lead with Michael and Astaroth subbing in for vishnu and susano when needed you have 9 rows

cw_sasuke

Well we still have Kushi if SBR is essential.

Parvati - Vishnu - Verdandi - Perseus - Kushi - Parvati

Damage output should be fine with Vishnu and both Parvatis if max skilled. Then again the current challenge would have been impossible for me without Susano. Single turn might not be enough for future challenges.

Let's see what Perseus UUevo/Awoken will bring to the table.

smbu2000

Well Izanami didn't seem to be coming around anytime, so I tried out Yamato Rush with my incomplete Yomi Dragon team. I did a 1 stone clear on it to get D.Izanami. I did too much damage on Hino Kagu and he did his bind on most of my team. If my Yomi Dragon was uevo'd, I'm pretty sure I would have been able to take him down. I was missing D.Izanami though so my Yomi Dragon was also bound.

I used DMeta to take Goemon's hit. My first attack only including one 5 dark combo plus healing, etc. took him to about 60% health. Next small attack took him under 50%. I finished him off with A.Haku/Yomi Dragon/Nephthys.

I'm happy with the clear though. I used one stone to continue, but I got my stone back for the first time clear. Now I just need to evo/uevo D.Iza and I will have my hyper Yomi Dragon.

On my iPhone, I spent some time farming Dark Ladys in the tech. dungeons and I was able to max skill her. She looks to be usable on my Yomi Dragon team for creating a lot of dark orbs.
Also hit rank 500, yay!

I'm glad to have the evo requirement dropped for fairy/bowl/chaser skill ups. It is a pain to evo them and then when you get nothing it is very disheartening.

Ah okay. Didn't even think about locked orbs since I've never run into that situation of using a Kali with locked orbs on the board.
Yeah, they even tested it during the descend when it was first introduced. Producer Yamamoto said he would give everybody an extra stone if he used LKali's skill when the orbs were locked.

Same thing happened to me when I tried Legendary Snowy Valley with my Halloween Kali team. He locked all of the jammers and I tried to use LKali's skill and I didn't have enough orbs to activate her skill.

bjork

Got Asuka and Rei's ultimate forms in the last couple of days. Just slowly getting these characters evolved so I can quit hunting daily evo materials for a bit. Only a handful to go, now.

Also foolishly rolled in the christmas machine, as I had 5 stones again. Got a siren, but I don't know that she's useful since I already have Echidna.

ccbfan

Anything I can do with my Blue team?

Easily my weakest color since I rolled Bastet, Vishnu, Lei Bei last PC, (Already have two Verdandi) Green was my weakest color.

I got some really good blue subs.

2x Nut
Orochi
2x Sun Quan
2x Hermes
2x Gabriel
Neptune
Some ice Elephant thing that looks pretty decent.

No leaders though. Maybe except for Nut and Neptune is certain dungeons.

8☆ (0.96%)
Kali: 0.45% (47 rolled)
Sonia: 0.50% (52 rolled)

7☆ (2.96%)
Liu Bei: 1.48% (153 rolled)
Sakuya: 1.48% (153 rolled)

6☆ (3.71%)
Haku: 1.93% (200 rolled)
Genie: 1.78% (184 rolled)

Gold Egg Rate: 7.63% (789 rolled)

Wow! Ok I'm done with Christmas REM, Sakuya from last year and a Haku from this year. I'm not getting any luckier than that. Time to save for godfest a with Kali again...

I like the boosts to A Shiva, A Kagu, and LOVE the skill ups from non-evolved monsters. No more Piis on heroes! I still need a bunch of light and green Piis for awoken monsters though

FZZ

Banned
I just want at least one gold egg from the Christmas REM

Still gonna keep on trying with free stones, but idk man

jay23

That damn baby tamadra in Friday mythical keeps dropping for me.

Hope I'm not farming angelit/develit for no reason, need to get these easy skill ups in now before it's switched.

Jagernaut

For sopdet match 3 fire with 5 combo. That will be under your damage limit.

I figured that out myself after I made 2 fire matches in the same combo and the damage was absorbed. The rest was pretty easy.

JuJBvih.jpg

h5uUVp1.jpg

Negator

Been getting Devilits all day. Wouldn't be so bad if I had a D.Kali or Satsuki to throw them at!

As a consolation prize, The only angelit I got today skilled Kanna up.

hermit7

How does Awoken Freyr stand up against his other Ult options? Got my Surtr drop and figured I'd hold onto him for now.

Biggest issue is that he can't really lead a team like i&i because his GFE card (gadius) doesn't have the same skill and ryune (Also applicable with Thor and Saria).

As a sub he is pretty good, I have all the cards ready for him just need some mats to evolve them (and a couple fire jewels). I will probably use him situationally on an urd team to boost that damage. Maybe try him on shiva along with set and hino to have more flexibility with sbr.

Surtr is pretty easy. Ran shiva team with urd, hino, caocao, mayima for full coverage. Loki is a fun floor (literally, not mechanically) but mayima having dark damage resist made it easy. You can pretty much just sweep the whole dungeon there aren't any resolves or anything. Surtr drops fire damage by half but I was still able to burst him down.

J0dy77

WDeLEq3l.jpg

Finally got through floor 10 on the challenge dungeon after 4 or 5 tries. Wiped on shiva every time due to bad matching and orb troll, couple times he was under 10%.

All hail the one true goddess. 7x6 boards are just ez mode for her.

hermit7

Yea, pretty easy dungeon. Mon Freyr is ready.

Yeah mine is too. Just need some rainbow keepers for Noah and surtr.

Hopefully hel will be the next descend. Have gaia ready as well for Freyja when she comes out. Those are about the last awokens I think. Astaroth is the last one because all the angels are super uevos.

ZeroAKA

I decided to try out the 99-stamina Kouyru technical dungeon for the first time and managed to beat it with 0 stones. So close to getting Awoken Sakuya...

I don't know if I can match colors and combos at the same time.

cw_sasuke

Yeah...not the best event xD

Lets hope for something better for new year.

razterik

Holiday Surprise is almost certainly the Santa Dungeon since they already pushed his art into the game.

But no 10x or literally ANYTHING else? LOL

NA gettin' that holiday shaft again.

jay23

I don't think we're ever getting 10x descends.

NA has to riot against tamadra login bonus I bet they never disrespect JP like that lol.

razterik

Yeah, maybe. Still expecting to see Santa. I still believe! Haha.

JP does get Tamadra bonus on rare occasions, usually when they're already doling out stone+pii dungeons every day.

I need to go check dates, but I think NA might be even further behind on 10x then we were on 3x normals compared to KR. Maybe even JP. Are we getting less "mature" as a server now?

Late edit now that I've had time to look. 154 days for 3x normals to make it to NA. By the end of next event, it will have been 142 days since 10x first hit JP.

J0dy77

I don't think we're ever getting 10x descends.

NA has to riot against tamadra login bonus I bet they never disrespect JP like that lol.

They still give jp tamdra login events but they pair it with low cost one time clear dungeons so they end up getting both.

Really disappointing for a Christmas event. Not even a snowglobe?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How do you guys attack 5x4 boards?

Since I pretty much rely on Horus as my lead for everything, I don't think I'm prepared for Challenge Dungeon #4. Perhaps I can make some sort of GZL team, dunno.

Chose to run 2x Snake Princess over 2x Christmas dungeon today. Maxed all 5 of the Christmas Healers. Took 5 stones. Thank goodness for push-button farm teams.

How do you guys attack 5x4 boards?

Since I pretty much rely on Horus as my lead for everything, I don't think I'm prepared for Challenge Dungeon #4. Perhaps I can make some sort of GZL team, dunno.
5x4 is a lot tougher on rainbow teams. Shiva and Yomi Dragons seem to be the top options for those dungeons. High multipliers that don't require multiple colors or high combo counts.

Finally no stoned awoken surtr with my A Shiva team.

Because of all the orb changing monster leading up to surtr and the increased red orbs on surtr himself, I couldnt get Sakuya or Ra to work (only one Kali).

A shiva took down the lower level easy (pheonix rider is amazing when you don have Urd). Took a few more tries to deal with the harder level. When I finally did it, I had the damage reduction active when he did his "last flame" attack. It left me with 62 HP, but enough skills had Come back to take him down.

MVP of the dungeon was Pheonix rider. Monster has earned his upcoming awakenings...

Top Bottom