• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

How do you guys attack 5x4 boards?

Since I pretty much rely on Horus as my lead for everything, I don't think I'm prepared for Challenge Dungeon #4. Perhaps I can make some sort of GZL team, dunno.

Mono is the way to go for 5x4 boards. If you don't have a decent mono team make sure you are setting up cascades. You'll get a decent amount of sky fall and solving the entire board is easier. Challenge 4 isn't that difficult in terms of incoming damage.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Erm wut...that stage drops Piis ? So i start the game and saw that i still have to clear Guerrilla Rare Monster Infestation! ...okay lets do it quick for the stone. First floor on Legend Woodpy shows up...im like why did they include units that cant drop ? Weird...and he dropped lol.

quickmemo_2015-12-20-3tsnj.png

Since I pretty much rely on Horus as my lead for everything, I don't think I'm prepared for Challenge Dungeon #4. Perhaps I can make some sort of GZL team, dunno.

I use Sumire and it works out quite well. Probably one of the best Non MP Dragon solutions. Otherwise Yomi Dragon should be kickass as well.

Rixa

Erm wut...that stage drops Piis ? So i start the game and saw that i still have to clear Guerrilla Rare Monster Infestation! ...okay lets do it quick for the stone. First floor on Legend Woodpy shows up...im like why did they include units that cant drop ? Weird...and he dropped lol.

I think it was Razterik who said earlier (few weeks ago or so) that this dungeon is troll and drop rates for PYs & Jewels are abysmal. I was doing this only for the stone, surprise no Pys for me but:

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Farming Goeman for max skill. 2 Haku invades and 1 plus egg per run so far. I seem to remember this dungeon being amazing for nearly granted plus eggs.

razterik

You guys are very lucky with those Rare Monster Infestation drops. It might become something worthwhile to run when the evolve requirement is removed from most of the skill ups, but there are likely better alternatives for most of the drops.

Farming Goeman for max skill. 2 Haku invades and 1 plus egg per run so far. I seem to remember this dungeon being amazing for nearly granted plus eggs.

Hopefully you're talking about max skilling ult Goemon, because the regular one isn't used anymore outside crazy speed run 10x builds.

Talking about plus eggs. What is the "best" place tomorrow to farm plus eggs at Technicals?

Still Forbidden Tower, Door of Light and Shadow. But honestly if you want to just burn stamina like that, run the alt coin dungeons.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Bought 2 skill delay resist latents, used on RaDra, cleared Challenge 10 on the 1st try.

Couldn't care less about 10x, the more they delay it, the less I stone for things (esp REM). I am currently sitting on 116 saved free stones for farming 10x (originally planned buying stones for 10x, but it seems to be not necessary anymore, bought a $22.99 pack using Google opinion rewards credit last week).

I was toying around if I get 3 RCV eggs to my Verdandi, but earlier Technicals been so poor +egg place that not seeing it to be any better now. I might just use sta to new challenge dungeons, whichever its going to be: Reddit / Ch 7 or 18 coming discussion thread.

It is Ch 7, Ch 18 Level 5 has extended time latent as rewards.
Pardon my JP reading skils, I am inclined to believe it is Ch 7 because of the reluctance of Gungho NA releasing new materials.
Another theory is based on the clearing rate of Ch 17, Gungho NA decided to bring back an easier Challenge dungeon for everyone.

I was using a Tsubaki system, but currently gradually shifting to ShivaDra.
Tsubaki, Tsubaki, Gadius, Gadius, Ilm + friend Tsubaki
Constantly burst dmg 3million-5million thanks to system, great for farming 5x4 descends.
If you wanna tackle 5x4 endless corridors, ShivaDra or YomiDra is the way to go.

coy

Only 1 red orb on a 7x6 board to start C10? I was too disgusted to even take a pic. I got through that fine but had zero skyfalls for consecutive turns at the end. Will try again later.

NineH

I also did the rare monster infestation for the stone and managed to grab a green jewel. I would rather have had a pii but I'll take it.

FZZ

Banned
Co-op is some uber hard level fuckery lol

JP team is completely outclassed to even attempt it, guess I'll wait until NA gets it around end of January (if we're lucky) to early March (if we are unlucky).

Fuck Egypt 2.0 skill ups. Ran it for the majority of the week including a few stamina stones, and I only got one skill up for Set. This skill up system is so annoying sometimes.

razterik

After the card reveal, don't care about Santa anymore. Too distracted by shiny new coop dungeons that are completely unbalanced for single player.

And NA Challenge 18 is randomly a repeat of Challenge 7 from seven months ago. Thanks for the free piis!

Bladelaw

Is there a reliable way to get a phoenix? It's all I need to get A. Shiva. Then the ordeal of getting all his awoken skills... but that's a problem I'd much rather have.

J0dy77

Is there a reliable way to get a phoenix? It's all I need to get A. Shiva. Then the ordeal of getting all his awoken skills... but that's a problem I'd much rather have.

Zeus Vulcan is your best bet when that comes around. It will take a handful of clears but is probably the most consistent. The Rare skillup PEM is also a good chance but not sure when that will be coming back around. I picked up two from that in hopes I can pull Shiva one day.

cw_sasuke

Normal Dungeons ---> Sky Dragons Domain/Red Skies worked for me. Just farm the stage during 1.5x drop on weekends and he will likely invade at some point.

Bladelaw

Zeus Vulcan is your best bet when that comes around. It will take a handful of clears but is probably the most consistent. The Rare skillup PEM is also a good chance but not sure when that will be coming back around. I picked up two from that in hopes I can pull Shiva one day.

Normal Dungeons ---> Sky Dragons Domain/Red Skies worked for me. Just farm the stage during 1.5x drop on weekends and he will likely invade at some point.

Excellent, thanks for this. I got bad luck on my Rare Monster pulls but now that I have all the Evo mats I need for a couple quality teams I may just bank Pal points until that carnival comes around unless I get lucky in Sky Dragons Domain.

EDIT: just checked, I'm missing a Red Dragon Fruit because of course I am.

I'm also working on a Water Team, Is the following something I should expend resources on?
Lead: Sarasvarti
Subs:
Hatsume
Amon
Christmas Ars Paulina
Kraken
Friend: Sarasvarti

Bladelaw

Kraken is redundant with Paulina. Do you have another blue orb changer? Also, hope you like skilling all of those up.

Mystic Ice Knight, Alfecca, Urd, Water Sprite Sharlulu, Stone Gaze Demon Brid Cockatrice.

I don't mind the skill up grind. That keeps me playing. My fire team is almost done being built so it's a matter of skilling up the ones I couldn't before. Worst case scenario I buy Pys

raiot

@GeorgeClaw

Reco just tried a few times what happens when you use Rinshias skill in a 5x4 dungeon. It gave 3 of every color but only 2 poison orbs. Every time.

Epic Drop

Didn't have anything better to do with stamina so I decided to mess around with Yamato rush, worked out well.

WrT0ttKl.jpg

Can I ask you about your a.sakuya team?

I see people like you having great success with that type of team. I have all of the parts (including a.yomi, two l.Kali, two d.kali, susano, Indra that I could sub in), and I've tried the team a few times. I've never found it to be all that reliable. It's hard to reliably proc 81x or 100x, its hard to get any tpas with the high combo requirement, its easy to be color trolled on turns where kali is not up, and even when I proc the damage isn't all that impressive since there's no orb enhance or tpas to back it up.

Maybe it's not fair to compare the damage to my awoken yomi team (where I can Spam actives every turn due to haste, reliably proc most turns since all i need are 5 dark orbs on the board, and regularly see cards hit for 3m to 6m), but both a.yomi and a.sakuya are damaged based teams without an HP or rcv multiplier, so they are similar in my mind.

Id like to learn to run the team, but right now i just dont get it. Is the unbindable leader, bind clear, and gravity (to get around Kali and resilience monsters) just THAT useful?

Mystic Ice Knight, Alfecca, Urd, Water Sprite Sharlulu, Stone Gaze Demon Brid Cockatrice.

I don't mind the skill up grind. That keeps me playing. My fire team is almost done being built so it's a matter of skilling up the ones I couldn't before. Worst case scenario I buy Pys
For the time being, I'd use Mystic Ice Knight in that slot. Switch in Urd if you're doing a dungeon that requires a board change. Somebody who actually plays Saras can probably chime in with better tips :lol.

Jonsoncao

Banned

I see people like you having great success with that type of team. I have all of the parts (including a.yomi, two l.Kali, two d.kali, susano, Indra that I could sub in), and I've tried the team a few times. I've never found it to be all that reliable. It's hard to reliably proc 81x or 100x, its hard to get any tpas with the high combo requirement, its easy to be color trolled on turns where kali is not up, and even when I proc the damage isn't all that impressive since there's no orb enhance or tpas to back it up.

Maybe it's not fair to compare the damage to my awoken yomi team (where I can Spam actives every turn due to haste, reliably proc most turns since all i need are 5 dark orbs on the board, and regularly see cards hit for 3m to 6m), but both a.yomi and a.sakuya are damaged based teams without an HP or rcv multiplier, so they are similar in my mind.

Id like to learn to run the team, but right now i just dont get it. Is the unbindable leader, bind clear, and gravity (to get around Kali and resilience monsters) just THAT useful?

A.Kirin seems to be more reliable in Arena than Yamato rush, if you have a dark focused team. After saw Jody's post I used an almost the same team as him except switching Yomi for A. Orochi which IMO is more stable because of the 2nd last floor. But I still died on the Goemon floor. Basically if skyfall decides to mess up with you, you are pretty much dead.

However, my not-that-ideal RaDra team has almost a 90% clear rate on Yamato rush, because you can tank many many turns at Goemon due to a near 30k hp pool and reddiculously high rcv.

Kyuur

So with the existence of Awoken skill ups revealed, I think I will no longer ascribe to the Py hoarding strategy and just use them wherever for easier skill ups. Way less headaches trying to skill up who I want that way.

hermit7

So with the existence of Awoken skill ups revealed, I think I will no longer ascribe to the Py hoarding strategy and just use them wherever for easier skill ups. Way less headaches trying to skill up who I want that way.

I don't know if that is the most efficient way still though. I mean the roman awokens have been out for a year or so now and are only now getting skills. I think the most efficient method for awokens is still going to be pii especially if they are an important member of your team and you need their skill.

Kyuur

I don't know if that is the most efficient way still though. I mean the roman awokens have been out for a year or so now and are only now getting skills. I think the most efficient method for awokens is still going to be pii especially if they are an important member of your team and you need their skill.

I guess it really depends. I definitely feel a lot better about using Shynpys on Elia instead of A.Ammy with the potential of a skill up material coming though.

Oh lol. I was saving A.Orochi skill for floor 10. But I guess I use it at floor 8 instead...

Just noticed this, glad to see some one else on the Verdandi x Orochi ship!

cw_sasuke

I said i wouldnt do it...but i kinda wanna use Bubpys on Alresha. The series still hasnt gotten skillup material so a US release is probably still at least 3 month away. On the other hand i could see them using weekly evo material as skill up ....hmm..

Rixa

Just noticed this, glad to see some one else on the Verdandi x Orochi ship!

Fantastic card :), lifesaver in so many situations. Too bad skill level is 1, Awoken Lakshmi is eating all the Bubpys.

Speaking of A.L. This team and friend A.L. needed 2 tries for this:
Awful dungeon, it doesnt help that I havent used A.L. much, Iam rusty user of A.L.

J0dy77

It's funny that you mention an Awoken Yomi team. I had so much hope for that team and have all of the perfect pieces for it yet I can't stand it. The required 5 orb combo and constant dark orb trolling just throws me off. I can't consistently put out damage. Credit to Gungho on this one, giving varied play styles that work for some and not for others. It let's you find what works best for you.

I LOVE the Awoken Kirin team for so many reasons:

- Bind proof with the exception of Yomi and L. Kali (fixed with 2 kirin actives)
- Skill bind resistant
- Damage reduction built in (susano/dizanami)
- Not reliant on actives for damage. (Ra would kill me with this)

As for the damage, it really just takes practice. As soon as I evolved her I spent a ton of time in Starlight Sanctuary learning how to increase my combos. I'd been playing for 1000 days and this team has helped my combo ability so much. The delay awakenings help a lot but I'm consistently doing 8 combo average on any given run.

How many + eggs would you have in the team? Being close to Hypermax on the whole team definitely helps a lot. 8 combos isn't really required as much as 7 for most of the earlier floors in a dungeon.

Another thing that has come with time is solving the board for maximum damage. Some times it might make sense to go for the most combos, while others it makes sense to mix in a TPA but with less combos (especially if there is a color weakness). I really suggest watching the higher level players (especially Reco) it helped me a lot.

Final note and probably my favorite part of the team is the versatility. I have Sun Quan, Dizanami waiting on the bench depending on the dungeon and even throw in Ra at times. While Elia and another L. Kali are on my long term want list. You can run so many different combinations of teams and still make it work. It really allows you to adjust to whatever the dungeon throws at you. Any other team I've played is always built around very specific and often end game cards. There is a really great guide over on reddit that breaks down all of the different subs and team combinations. If anyone was starting PAD today and was intent on rerolling she's the one lead I'd start an account with. She grows so well over time with farmable subs and decent evolutions to her final GODDESS FORM.

Definitely practice with her and keep testing her out, she's well worth it. The only cards I would rank above her are the MP Yomi/Ra dragons and those require very specific teams.

Here's the link to the reddit guide I mentioned: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/awokensakuya

Just got the Christmas Liu Bei!!

Think i rolled a total of five or six times between my two accounts.

Very pleased with the roll. I think it'll compliment my developing Bastet/Liu Bei/Meimei team. Just need to max everything out.

hermit7

Been frustrated with challenge 9 today. Have yet to try 10.

I have gotten to the final boss like 4 times and have left a sliver every single time.

That or I fail to burst the first floor (only a 6 combo or so) and fail outright.

The other floors are doable, and even the last floor is but I just keep messing up.

Bastet, vishnu, meimei, meimei, verd, bastet friend

razterik

Can't decide if I should switch a hyper R/L Freyr to Awoken or just level and plus a dupe. Haven't used the God type one on ShivDra much recently, but it's a good option to have and I like the faster haste. Losing the hard earned skill ups and niche usage versus farming another 297 eggs and gaining a more flexible card for my hyper Raoh and other red teams.

Final piece of my JP A.Sakuya team is complete.

Top Bottom